Hi ame
08-28-2008, 11:06 AM
Manga Aired- January 3, 2006 in Japan/ March 27,2007 in U.S
Anime Aired- October 6, 2007
Both are ongoing ^.-

Episodes- 44 in Japanese, ongoing.
Volumes- 4 In U.S ongoing, 7 In Japan ongoing
Genre- Shoujo

Plot- Shugo Chara is about a 5th grade girl named Hinamori Amu who is new in Seiyo Elementary. She finds herself wondering about her true character. Everyone at the school and elsewhere calls her "The Cool&Spicy Hinamori," but she herself, knows that is not her true character. Amu has an outside character, the one she shows when she is nervous, she's cool and stylish, but inside she is shy and wants courage to show her true self. One night while Amu sat in her bed she prayed to her guardian angel to give her courage to be reborn as her true self. When she wakes in the morning, she finds three eggs in her bed. This was definately not what she meant by being reborn into her true self. These, she was soon to find out, were her guardian characters, her would be self.

Story [9/10]
Shugo chara has a very unique story line in my opinion. The gaurdian characters bring a life to the story that is bubbly and positive, but the characters themselves with different struggles inside of them. The plot keeps your attention /though giving you a few laughs in the progress,/ and ties you to the story. In the middle of the series it feels slow moving, there are a lot of fillers, but they are interesting and show us more in depth of the characters lives and personalities.

Chracters[7/10]
The characters are relatable, Hinamori Amu especially. It is interesting to watch their different reactions to certain situations. Though most of the characters are in very low grades and considered small, they don't act like they are. All of the characters are mature for their age.

Art/Animation [9/10]
The colors are vibrant and clean, very nice to look at. The art has that Shoujo quality that all we Shoujo lovers adore. The animation isn't dotted or streaked, it has good visual to make the characters look very real in their surroundings.

Voice Acting/Music [8/10]
The voice casting is great, all of the characters sound just as they should in my opinion. All of them have the essence of the characters personality. The music is great and up beat, but that also comes up as a disadvantage or me. The openings and closings are too up beat, are they going to keep it this was even when Ikuto's Arc comes up??

Overall [9/10]
The plot for this story is great, though the Easter theme does go a little out of hand. I really enjoy seeing all of the characters together and seeing Amu's character transformations with the Shugo charas are very interesting. I am looking forward to different chapters and episodes.:D

DragonUesugi
09-18-2008, 12:14 PM
Animation 8/10: I found that I like how the animation was handled, though in certain spots there was something left to be desired.

Plot 9/10: The plot was very creative and I felt that it was on a different level than most of the other anime I've seen. It adds a lot of diversity to the series just by the fact that they use eggs as a form of metaphor for one's ambitions.

Characters 9/10: It can be a difficult challenge to make a series with someone that young as the protagonist. The characters are very unique and each bring a different quality to the show. Something I found interesting was the way that they delved into most of the characters backgrounds. It made everything seem so much more developed.

Music 7/10: I enjoy most of the tracks in the series, except for the ending.

So all in all I'd say the series deserves a 9/10 for creativity and style.

LuchiaX3
08-01-2009, 09:15 PM
~Storyy: 8/10
The first season was awesome and epic. Very fun, magical, and dramatic! I loved it and kept waiting for the new episodes of the second season where it kind of tired me out. As she keeps on trying to find Ikuto. I also didn't think this anime had lots of fillers!

~Characters 10/10
I absolutely love all the cuuute characters! >w<
I also love the love triangle of TadaseXAmuXIkuto. Who gets who is why most people still watch this anime. As mentioned above, all of the guardians are unique with different backgrounds: Amu is trying to find herself, Tadase who loves Amu and gave up on this world domination thing, Nagehiko who was raised as a girl to dance and soon realized his dream as a basketball player, Yaya who wants to stay immature, Rima whose parents were on the verge of divorce and wants to be a serious comedian but finds it embarrassing, and Kukai(sp?) who recently graduated from the academy but still follows his dreams to play sports and keep being active and competitive with such a lovable personality!

~Music/Sound 6.5/10
I wasn't very fond of the openings and endings and found it a waste of time, but the characters' voices were perfectly suited for them all.

All in all - 9/10 :D

blueangel06661
01-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Story [9/10]
Shugo chara has a really good storyline. It's creative and all around cute. I like the idea of trying to find an embryo with your 'would be' selfs. It's very inspirational and I hope the younger generation can learn from it. Shugo Chara really teaches you to not give up on your dreams because of one or two errors. An error isn't an error until you refuse to correct it :]

Chracters[7/10]
I would have to agree with the OP on how the characters act. It's always bugged me about how mature the characters act. Their ages and maturity level do not add up. Though they all have distinct personalities such as etc. The way they talk and respond does not add up.

[B]Art/Animation [9/10]
The animation was really well done. Everything was pretty much consistant throughout. The animation was also well done with the transformations. However some of the transformed characters got way out of hand in the filler episodes.

Voice Acting/Music [8/10]
It think the cast was great and did accordingly to the characters abilitys they were given. Though Yaya's voice is a bit hard to handle at times, I understand that it's what the role calls for ^-^;

Overall [6/10]
The plot for this story is great though if you get super frustrated at spoilers this is a fair warning, the show has it's share. The concept of the show is really nice and it's romantic hints are surely enough to go fangirl over. It can be comedic as well as inspirational. I'd rank SC in my top 5 recomendation list.

Senjou_Akira
01-29-2011, 10:52 AM
Storyline 9/10
I really like the story, especially the manga. everything that's happening to amu was cute. the only thing that really bothered me is the friendship between nadeshiko and amu that was changed when

he showed up as nagihiko

but of course it is something to be expected because amu see's someone as another person but not her best friend. it saddens me a little why did nadeshiko allowed it to be like that. anyway, i can't do anything about that so i should get over it.

But i like the flow of story especially between amu and ikuto. it's very surprising and cute XDD

Characters 8/10
most characters were really adorable and how they turned out to be in the future. the unnoticeable & noticeable changes in their traits left a mark on me. Their personality which had surprising wishes and personality deep down like tadase's world domination and nadeshiko's scary burst of emotions, and amu's multiple charas ^^

Voice Actors/Actresses 9/10
it suited them, hmm, the only thing that caught me off guard is utau's singing voice. i didn't really expect it to be that deep haha but as time passes i notice how beautiful her voice is. ikuto's voice suited his cool, carefree and mysterious personality. so cool XDD

Overall 9/10
It hooked me and i was staying up late just to read and watch as many as i can in this anime XD