PDA

View Full Version : Comiket (Tokyo, December 08)

MistressPookyChan
08-26-2008, 05:13 AM
I totally forgot to make an announcement for the summer comiket. Then again, I didn't know I would go until a day or two before...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comiket

Comiket is a HUGH comic convention that features dōjinshi artists. It lasts for 3 days, the next one being December 28-30. My friend goes with a group of people and they help each other get the limited goods. Very organized, but geekishly cool, bunch of people. I just tag along. :) If anyone is planning on coming over for it, let me know and we can get together!

suzumi
08-26-2008, 08:40 AM
I totally want to go!!

But it's a bit far in the future, so I don't know if I can make it yet. But if I can, can I tag along?

Mousie
08-26-2008, 08:49 AM
Would be great to go to something like that
But im on the otherside of the world
Take pictures xD

rf switch
08-26-2008, 06:33 PM
Conventions like these scare me...

Diocletian
08-26-2008, 06:37 PM
It's really sad that an ocean is all that divides me from going there.DANGIT!It looks so awesome!The American ones I assume aren't as amazing.

MistressPookyChan
09-02-2008, 08:50 PM
I totally want to go!!

But it's a bit far in the future, so I don't know if I can make it yet. But if I can, can I tag along?

of course! I tag along with my friend and his group. Pretty much all that means is that I have a table to sit at when I get tired and people to chat to if I'm bored. This con is like none I have ever been to. Definitely an experience.

Found some vids on youtube:
crowds
This is only HALF of the convention hall.

Just type "comiket" to get more. And check out Lucky Star #12, when the characters go to comiket. I used it for my husband's "training" before we went. :)

Neriah
09-02-2008, 10:10 PM
Good lord!! O_O I've never see so many people in a single youtube video, let alone a convention hall. Makes me want to cling to my little dallas conventions. XD;;

suzumi
09-03-2008, 06:56 AM
I used it for my husband's "training" before we went. :)

LOL!!!

I went to the Tokyo International Anime Fair in April, so I think I know what to expect...

Crowds, claustrophobia, danger of suffocation... Don't we love our anime conventions? :laugh:

Hey, at least it won't be hot. :)

MistressPookyChan
09-14-2008, 07:33 AM
well, the convention hall can be a little hot. otaku always seem to have a bit of a stink.

MistressPookyChan
11-01-2008, 09:40 AM
effective today, I will not be coming to the forums anymore. If you still want to hang out at comeket or want more info on it, drop me an email at [email protected]. Hope to see you there!!