PDA

View Full Version : Have you Ever?

Evockzi
08-26-2008, 03:14 AM
Have you Ever just had to Pause an Anime and look away from Embarrassment? ( or other things)

I do it alot with comedy/Romance style anime's. ( Corny Kiss or something)

For instance, I just started watching; School Days, only a Couple EP's in. ( EP 2 about half way through I think I almost died)

But with the Main Character making a Fool of him self every 5 mins I can't help but put it Pause, sit on my Couch and Shake my head...

Share your experiences about this topic ^^

Or let me know If I'm alone with this topic:unsure:

Mousie
08-26-2008, 03:22 AM
hmmm Cant say that i have >.>
Maybe because im older ?
i dunno

Its just a show i doubt i would find anything that emarressing
pausing is like A Sacriledge lol
I will NEVER pause unless my life depends on it

Datenshi
08-26-2008, 03:47 AM
To think of it, I do that quite a lot. Watching romance anime/drama is a sort of guilty secret pleasure of mine (recently S.A.), but sometimes when the corny-ness gets over the top I get so embarassed at myself for watching the stuff that I change the channel for a while to skip the mushy scenes.

Aizmov
08-26-2008, 05:00 AM
I never did that, except when there is some technical flaw in the Anime. Like I once was watching Zeta Gundam, and the explosives had DANGAR written on them instead of DANGER, another in 08th MS Team, was when they disclosed the design details of the Apsarus.. DirectX?!

Happi Giraffe!
08-26-2008, 05:04 AM
you're not alone there. sometimes i just get so caught up in the show and when something drastic or anything happens, i just can't help but cringe and look away for a second. thats just my own reaction to shock.

Ashminigun
08-26-2008, 10:32 AM
... Like I once was watching Zeta Gundam, and the explosives had DANGAR written on them instead of DANGER...

I believe it's the episode where Titan's launch an attack on AEUG sympathizer colony with G3 poison gas canister and have the Engrish DANGAR on the canister.

Why pause an anime when you find the scene is too embarrassing/too much to take (ecchi etc)? Just minimize it or go to windows mode and let it play while you look around or doing something that distract you from it. Or event better, skip the whole scene. The best way to save you from embarrassment is just drop the whole anime all together. It save your time and energy and even your life too.

Amray The II
08-26-2008, 10:44 AM
I do not believe that I have. My favourite romance anime's are Strawberry Panic and Fruits Basket. Fruits Basket is just really funny and decent so I would never turn away, and Strawberry Panic is...well...you know. Yuri is healthy for a man like myself.

drm0ney
08-26-2008, 01:00 PM
I have! You are not alone! The first yaoi anime i watched (up tell then i'd just read manga and fanfics) I was bright red and kept pausing it every 5 minutes or so. It wasn't even that bad >.< It was a good anime I was just like omg they're .... and ....
But now I'm totally over it!

poison.ivy
08-26-2008, 01:09 PM
I have paused for that reason, sometimes. It's either something like that, when someone makes a total fool of himself and I just can't help it but to rewind and see it again and scream outta wicked laughter. XD So, it's either that or when something funny happens and I start laughing so hard that I just can't stop laughing and I pause it so I don't lose the thread.

law~
08-26-2008, 01:16 PM
humm... I donīt think so...
There was a time when I watched a hentai and I didnīt know it was a hentai! really Iīm not making excuses
I watched School Days also and it sucked lol but I finished all of the anime, since it gets bloody at the end.
anyway... I doubt I would find anything on anime that emarressing =P

Shin Natsume
08-26-2008, 01:26 PM
Well I can't say anything embarrassing... But when I see something Ub3r cool then I probably get excited and maybe rewind just a bit to see it again. ;)

Diocletian
08-26-2008, 05:34 PM
I only flip through the chibi scenes.At times the kissing chibis.Those make me feel embarrassed.BIG TIME!

Evockzi
08-26-2008, 05:36 PM
I only flip through the chibi scenes.At times the kissing chibis.Those make me feel embarrassed.BIG TIME!

Aww but Chibi's are awesome o.o heh

Glad to hear I am not alone on this though ^^

Diocletian
08-26-2008, 05:43 PM
Aww but Chibi's are awesome o.o heh

Glad to hear I am not alone on this though ^^

They are cute I'll give 'em that.Or as a fangirl/boy would say KAWAIIII!,but when a guy watches it and his mom's next to him...might give her ideas.

Evockzi
08-26-2008, 05:47 PM
They are cute I'll give 'em that.Or as a fangirl/boy would say KAWAIIII!,but when a guy watches it and his mom's next to him...might give her ideas.

Ah... I see your point... I watch my anime with headphones and pause it when parents walk in.. don't feel like trying to explain to them what is going on.. or have an Ecchi scene pop up while they glance at the screen.. lol

Haoie
08-27-2008, 03:09 AM
I only pause shows to check out stuff that flashes by quickly. Background stuff, etc.

Capernicus
08-27-2008, 03:22 AM
I do not believe that I have. My favourite romance anime's are Strawberry Panic and Fruits Basket. Fruits Basket is just really funny and decent so I would never turn away, and Strawberry Panic is...well...you know. Yuri is healthy for a man like myself.

haha Yeah, even I got embarrassed while watching the ol' Strawberry Panic.

And, Kaji, I thought I had the monopoly on all yuri sigs. D=

wolfgirl90
08-27-2008, 08:24 PM
I saw Shiji Ikari (Neon Genesis Evangelion) masturbate over the object of his affections...after that, I was never embarrassed to watch an emotional hug or a mushy kiss ever again:wacko:!!

SoRen-Ji
08-27-2008, 09:40 PM
uuhhh, never done that...but i only pause it when i need to go to bathroom (or else).

Evockzi
08-27-2008, 09:56 PM
I saw Shiji Ikari (Neon Genesis Evangelion) masturbate over the object of his affections...after that, I was never embarrassed to watch an emotional hug or a mushy kiss ever again:wacko:!!

I wasn't embarrassed.. I was Completely Stunned when I saw that... my Jaw just hit the floor lol.. I just couldn't believe it..

Haoie
08-28-2008, 03:13 AM
Coma wanking: It's pretty hot.

Tsubaki Yoshikara
08-28-2008, 03:25 AM
Yes I did...some pretty...___scenes...gah....weird but that's my normal reaction.Strawberry panic....my 1st yaoi video...yup i did >.<

Raesama
08-28-2008, 07:40 PM
OMEGA I DO THAT ALL THE TIMEEEE *dies*

(Btw, I love School Days)

Whenever I see anything embarrassing in animes or even in English movies, I feel embarrassed, as if it's my fault that the situation is so... awkward. I feel that way especially with inappropriate moments, like in Girls Bravo. I tend to skip over those parts ^^;

Capernicus
08-29-2008, 12:00 AM
I saw Shiji Ikari (Neon Genesis Evangelion) masturbate over the object of his affections...after that, I was never embarrassed to watch an emotional hug or a mushy kiss ever again:wacko:!!Oddly enough I want to watch that episode now. Do you remember the number or the name or anything?

Gjallarhorn
08-29-2008, 12:03 AM
Oddly enough I want to watch that episode now. Do you remember the number or the name or anything?

It's in the beginning of the movie End of Evangelion. Asuka is "unconscious" in a hospital bed.

~*Hikari Yui*~
08-29-2008, 05:50 AM
No provided I have something else to do. Or else i can't enjoy it,distracting...

BoiledFart
09-30-2008, 06:59 AM
Sometimes in romance ones ill not look away but think what would my m8s think.

~*Starleaf*~
09-30-2008, 08:36 AM
When Holland punched Renton in Eureka Seven. That guy has issues, seriously.

sunnyside
09-30-2008, 08:57 AM
Oddly enough I want to watch that episode now. Do you remember the number or the name or anything?

You can miss it. It came up in conversation with a friend of mine while we were discussing messed up stuff in the series and while they'd watched the video they didn't realize that's what was implied in that scene. I could see how one could think Shinji was just crying in that scene, especially if you happened to blink when they show his hand.

Myself I pause for a lot of the cultural notes.

I will pause when an anime becomes painfully bad. Usually either OTT stupid stuff or some silly Shōnen fighting crap. If bad enough I may just drop the series.