PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 13: Which system will you buy it on?

LittleGirl
08-25-2008, 02:53 PM
So, which console will you be playing Final Fantasy 13 on? The Xbox 360 or the PS3? I have both systems, but will definitely being going with PS3, since Final Fantasy has been with Playstation for a long time now, and I think the quality will be somewhat better. Plus I don't even use my 360.

Dogmat
08-25-2008, 02:56 PM
The PS3. Playing a Final Fantasy game on an Xbox system just doesn't sound right.

Amray The II
08-25-2008, 03:01 PM
Alas, I have no other choice but to buy the Xbox 360 version. If I had both systems then I would have chosen it for the PlayStation 3, however I do not posess one. I never planned on getting Final Fantasy XIII anyway, but now that it is coming out on the 360 I may as well. There is no point holding a grudge about it not being exclusive to the PS3 so I will definitely buy it, especially as I am a huge Final Fantasy fan and have most of them anyway.

Aizmov
08-25-2008, 03:17 PM
X360, for plenty of reasons, among them not supporting Sony's welfare. On principle I never support an overpriced console that launches with $599 price tag. Plus the X360 already has more and better JRPGs, why would I get the PS3?

So, which console will you be playing Final Fantasy 13 on? The Xbox 360 or the PS3? I have both systems, but will definitely being going with PS3, since Final Fantasy has been with Playstation for a long time now, and I think the quality will be somewhat better. Plus I don't even use my 360.

Better quality? How? Why? On what basis?

rf switch
08-25-2008, 04:04 PM
If i decide to get it I'll probably go for the PS3 version.

X360, for plenty of reasons, among them not supporting Sony's welfare. On principle I never support an overpriced console that launches with $599 price tag. Plus the X360 already has more and better JRPGs, why would I get the PS3?
$499. They sold it at a loss. So it's far from "overpriced". Expensive? Yes. Overpriced? No.

maybe becuase it was initially intended to be PS3 only. So now that it's going ported to 360 on whats probably going to be multiple discs. It may end up suffering because of the port. And if you're the ultimate FF geek I'm assuming you'd want FFXIII for the same system that you're gonna buy FFXIII Versus for.

MGS Solidus EVA™
08-25-2008, 04:17 PM
Either or, maybe my XBOX.

n.n

Aizmov
08-25-2008, 04:30 PM
$499. They sold it at a loss. So it's far from "overpriced". Expensive? Yes. Overpriced? No.

The proper PS3 was for $599, and yes they did sell it at a loss, that why I said I don't wanna be supporting Sony's welfare. It is overpriced if compared to the competition, so both points are valid.

maybe becuase it was initially intended to be PS3 only. So now that it's going ported to 360 on whats probably going to be multiple discs. It may end up suffering because of the port. And if you're the ultimate FF geek I'm assuming you'd want FFXIII for the same system that you're gonna buy FFXIII Versus for.

Other than BD, the X360 and PS3 are technically equivalent, there not that much of a different that would make one version better than the other, actually the X360 has better graphics capabilities than the PS3 due to the better GPU. Spreading FUD with no proof to back it is ...
I'm no FF geek, even though I've played every single FF, I'm a JRPG fan, XIII Versus is supposed to be Action RPG, and thus I'm not interested :)
Actually, the only 2 FFs I didn't play were FFXI and FFXII, they strayed from the origins, I dunno why they are called FF.

BoldMushroom
08-25-2008, 04:31 PM
I'll wait for opinions and information from game magazines and websites that let me know the difference between the two versions before I decide.

If there are no significant differences... I'm inclined to get it for the 360 for the extra Achievement points, but the PS3 is hooked up to the HDTV (right now, anyway), and I have a feeling the game would be a lot easier to play (let alone more beautiful) in HD, since the text won't be difficult to read (a problem with a number of 360 games in SD). I could always switch the 360 over to the HDTV, though, since I've got the cables for it.

Aizmov
08-25-2008, 04:36 PM
I'll wait for opinions and information from game magazines and websites that let me know the difference between the two versions before I decide.

If there are no significant differences... I'm inclined to get it for the 360 for the extra Achievement points, but the PS3 is hooked up to the HDTV (right now, anyway), and I have a feeling the game would be a lot easier to play (let alone more beautiful) in HD, since the text won't be difficult to read (a problem with a number of 360 games in SD). I could always switch the 360 over to the HDTV, though, since I've got the cables for it.

The X360 is HD also :)
I'm pretty certain both games will be made of the same codebase with minor porting effort (different CPU, GPU and API). Oh wait... That's not minor!

BoldMushroom
08-25-2008, 04:55 PM
I know the Xbox 360 has HD capabilities... I just said that. :confused:

I did a little information gathering. On the one hand, apparently the Xbox 360 version isn't beginning development until the PS3 version is finished. This means that the Xbox 360 version is guaranteed to come out after the PS3 version, which may be another incentive for some buyers, who may not be willing to wait the extra year for the Xbox 360 version (if the PS3's sales continue to climb over the course of the next year, many gamers won't need to).

On the other hand, the Xbox 360 version is only releasing in North America and Europe. Theoretically, this means development on the 360 version can be done concurrently with the NA/EU localization of the PS3 version - which also means, theoretically, that not only can development finish faster for the 360, but it can be done with more emphasis on the actual coding and optimization for the 360's hardware, since less time (arguably, no time) needs to be spent on the task of translating the Japanese dialogue, just inserting the translated dialogue into the 360 version.

The North American releases of the last two Final Fantasy games took place about six months after the Japanese releases... that's about six months spent almost entirely on translating dialogue. That'll be six months of extra development time before the release of the Xbox 360 version falls behind the release of the (NA) PS3 version.

Gjallarhorn
08-25-2008, 04:58 PM
I won't be getting XIII. I'll be getting versusXIII on the PS3, and maybe agitoXIII.

Liquidus Zeromus
08-25-2008, 04:59 PM
Playstation 3, because that's all I have. That, and it should only need one disc, compared to the X360, which could need 2-3.

LittleGirl
08-25-2008, 05:54 PM
I won't be getting XIII. I'll be getting versusXIII on the PS3, and maybe agitoXIII.

I'm actually looking forward to VersusXIII a little more than XIII, even though all I've seen is the trailer. I've watched it repeatedly Haha

I'm just making an assumption. If there are any differences I'm sure they'll be so minor you won't notice. I've just had some bad luck with the games I've purchased for the 360. I'm going to go for the PS3 since that's what the game was origionally developed for.

rf switch
08-25-2008, 06:08 PM
Actually, the only 2 FFs I didn't play were FFXI and FFXII, they strayed from the origins, I dunno why they are called FF.
Last I heard FFXIII was straying as well.

sataned
08-25-2008, 11:00 PM
lol ... ok the PS3 has Blueray thats why its so damned expensive, its graphical capabilities are equal to the x-box i say... and so far ive heard of no Xbox 360 game that required multiple CDs...and i doubt FFXIII will, how big can the damned game be?..
I will be getting it for the Xbox 360 mainly because its the only system i own, also because, since its going to be made after the PS3 version im sure it will possibly have a bit more content and will have No bugs that the Ps3 Version might have when released...

rf switch
08-26-2008, 01:07 AM
and so far ive heard of no Xbox 360 game that required multiple CDs
You haven't play Blue Dragon or Lost Odyssey have you?

Evockzi
08-26-2008, 02:35 AM

I have Both System also, but PS3 is in my Living room and mainly being used as a blue Ray player... so aka a Paper weight.

I prefer my 360.. only thing that Drives me nuts with my 360, is my Xbox live Expired the credit card that it was on expired, and I didn't cancel so now they suspended my Account, And I can't Reactivate it on my 360 since it won't let me. And I can't Reactivate it Online Either... So ya Really Pisses me off..

Mousie
08-26-2008, 03:01 AM

WHy not just get all of em :s

Ill be getting it on PS3
Never supported Xbox and never will :)

Kishiro
08-26-2008, 10:10 AM
Neither. Turn based RPGs stopped being cool to me when we made the move in to 3D action/adventure games that told the same type of stories as traditional RPGs and didn't require 5 minutes of your life per simple encounter.

I'd much rather have control of my characters than issuing a command and then watching them take a pounding.

sataned
08-26-2008, 10:33 AM
Neither. Turn based RPGs stopped being cool to me when we made the move in to 3D action/adventure games that told the same type of stories as traditional RPGs and didn't require 5 minutes of your life per simple encounter.

I'd much rather have control of my characters than issuing a command and then watching them take a pounding.

you disgust me ....
how could you say THIS!! no true gamer would ever say this!
what about FF7-8and XI or LOD oror Vagrant Story or BOF or Star Ocean or Suikoden II or ... i can go on and on.. Im just trying to say that there were tons of great 3d/semi 3d turn based Rpg games that were out on the Playstation that were awsome for their time and all the storys were pretty different, from what i remember....Plus no FF story and most great RPG storys are alike i say, sure their are those Crap Rpg games that might be similar to every other game youve played story wise and gameplay wise, but theres always that one game that sets the trend for the rest of the Rpgs to come... and im sure this next FF will be greatness..

PS: sure boss battles may take some time , but imagine going through a game with pure 10 second Battles and no strategy required... sounds FUN!? not...

xXdark_angel_nekoXx
08-26-2008, 11:31 AM
The PS3. Playing a Final Fantasy game on an Xbox system just doesn't sound right.

that is so true and that it should stay there and ya i can wait i am going to get once it comes out.

Sagat
08-26-2008, 01:38 PM
I am not going to get involved in this retarded console war for dorks and merely answer the actual question being posted:

I have a PS3. Therefore, I will be getting it on PS3.

Been a long time since a FF title excited me as much, probably the last being FF7. I am eager to see what awaits in this game.

Hopefully no more emo metrosexuals as the main hero for starters.

Brojasu
08-26-2008, 01:52 PM
Im getting it on PS3, I have both systems, but I cant c myself playing a FF game on anything but a sony system. It be like playing a game like Halo on a ps or zelda on anything but a nintendo system. It seems wrong 2 me at least, plus Im getting Versus 13 so might as well get em on the same system :)

Kishiro
08-26-2008, 09:52 PM
you disgust me ....
how could you say THIS!! no true gamer would ever say this!
what about FF7-8and XI or LOD oror Vagrant Story or BOF or Star Ocean or Suikoden II or ... i can go on and on.. Im just trying to say that there were tons of great 3d/semi 3d turn based Rpg games that were out on the Playstation that were awsome for their time and all the storys were pretty different, from what i remember....Plus no FF story and most great RPG storys are alike i say, sure their are those Crap Rpg games that might be similar to every other game youve played story wise and gameplay wise, but theres always that one game that sets the trend for the rest of the Rpgs to come... and im sure this next FF will be greatness..

PS: sure boss battles may take some time , but imagine going through a game with pure 10 second Battles and no strategy required... sounds FUN!? not...

Plenty of non-turned-based games have boss battles that last longer than 10 seconds. Funny part is they usually take a bit of skill not to get hit, and do them well/quickly/within the timers.

Legend of Zelda
Ninja Gaiden
Sonic the Hedgehog
Mario
Metroid
etc....

Lots of good games that are not turn-based that have pretty long boss battles. Bringing up FF7 or FF8 is not a good way to sway me, as I think FF7 is one of the most over-rated games in the history of all time, in addition to generating the most stupid fanboys (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=k-uTnqYHZ-I) for consoles, and games alike.

If you want a good RPG, go play Breath of Fire 1 or Breath of Fire 2 on SNES. Or Seiken Densetsu 3 a GREAT hack n' slash RPG for SNES. It is a prequel to Secret of Mana.

The whole "true gamer" thing doesn't really carry much weight. Especially with me. I don't find it to be insulting or a compliment one way or the other... so yeah.

Just um... Enough poorly edited rants.

sataned
08-26-2008, 10:14 PM
Plenty of non-turned-based games have boss battles that last longer than 10 seconds. Funny part is they usually take a bit of skill not to get hit, and do them well/quickly/within the timers.

Legend of Zelda
Ninja Gaiden
Sonic the Hedgehog
Mario
Metroid
etc....

Lots of good games that are not turn-based that have pretty long boss battles. Bringing up FF7 or FF8 is not a good way to sway me, as I think FF7 is one of the most over-rated games in the history of all time, in addition to generating the most stupid fanboys (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=k-uTnqYHZ-I) for consoles, and games alike.

If you want a good RPG, go play Breath of Fire 1 or Breath of Fire 2 on SNES. Or Seiken Densetsu 3 a GREAT hack n' slash RPG for SNES. It is a prequel to Secret of Mana.

The whole "true gamer" thing doesn't really carry much weight. Especially with me. I don't find it to be insulting or a compliment one way or the other... so yeah.

Just um... Enough poorly edited rants.

ok ... now i believe we/I was talking about 3d Rpgs and how you didnt like them, not boss battles... yes those game you listed take have boss battles that take strategy to beat but i think only 1 is an RPG !LOZ.!.
and the whole FF7 and 8 being a fanboy thing comment... is it really? or are they just actually good games? i suppose your going to say Halo and Gears of war sucks too since so many people like them right? theyre over rated right? if a game has Tons of Fans theres probably a reason why...
i agree with your comment on BOF1 and 2 and SOM though, they are great classic RPGS...

Kishiro
08-26-2008, 10:22 PM
ok ... now i believe we/I was talking about 3d Rpgs and how you didnt like them, not boss battles... yes those game you listed take have boss battles that take strategy to beat but i think only 1 is an RPG !LOZ.!.
and the whole FF7 and 8 being a fanboy thing comment... is it really? or are they just actually good games? i suppose your going to say Halo and Gears of war sucks too since so many people like them right? theyre over rated right? if a game has Tons of Fans theres probably a reason why...
i agree with your comment on BOF1 and 2 and SOM though, they are great classic RPGS...

I own Gears of War, Halo 1 & 2. I enjoyed playing them very much.
Halo is over rated though. It isn't the greatest FPS ever. It is just more dumb people make a louder fuss and hype over it.

Diocletian
08-27-2008, 08:25 PM
I own Gears of War, Halo 1 & 2. I enjoyed playing them very much.
Halo is over rated though. It isn't the greatest FPS ever. It is just more dumb people make a louder fuss and hype over it.

Halo is full of kids who can stay home all day and get better and kill you in 30 seconds.That's my experience.

Mitsubishii
08-30-2008, 12:43 PM
im buying it on the ps33333333 simply because its already hooked up in my rooom the 360 is somewhere in the living room! lol

Farseacher
08-31-2008, 04:44 AM
360 for me. :P

Light Buster
09-01-2008, 05:41 PM
Xbox 360 for the achievements.

The Governator
09-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Neither, I'd rather buy a gun and blow my own gonads off than play a Final Fantasy game.

Lil' Blue
09-02-2008, 01:31 PM
Yeah,I'm pretty used to playing FF on playstation systems too.It just wouldn't feel right on X-Box.

Dogmat
09-02-2008, 10:30 PM
Neither, I'd rather buy a gun and blow my own gonads off than play a Final Fantasy game.

Impossible! Everyone loves Final Fantasy. :D

Kun
10-19-2008, 02:50 PM
Playstation 3 version!!! of course, way better than 360.... In fact...I don't own a console yet....hahahaha...but I'll buy the game and watch the cover and manual instruccion art all day, they are always pretty cool hahah....

Nah... I had xbox 360 and it really sucks, I sold it...although it depends on the taste, because if you want first person shooters I think 360 its the way to go, but talking about final fantasy I think the PS3 will be much better, I'm just saying that historically Enix Square have pushed to consoles limit to the edge, for example when they were working with nintendo they switched to sony because the cd storage capacity was huge, well comparing it to a cartridge, because even with n64 that has the double capacity in hardware than sony playstation 1, the games were much better in ps1 because of the storage capacity...So....blue ray has lot more capacity than dvd or hddvd if it is not for this next finalfantasy XIII I'm pretty sure that there will be another final fantasy that will use all the PS3 capacity...

Talking about consoles, sony playstation 3 is much better than xbox 360, and it "WAS" so expensive because of the blueray player, thanks to that sony won the battle between Bluray vs and HDDVD. So now that the bluray is a standar format it's a logical choice...

but if we talk about games, they are kind of the same... but that is just because they have not be made exclusively for PS3, and that kind of sucks too...

I'm a technology fan hahah, so thats why I cannot believe that people bought the xbox360 after that huge production disaster....How many PS3 have failed that you know?, I don't know anyone that has a malfunctioning PS3, I have 5 friends with xbox 360, and 4 of them had to return it...

I hope they make a final fantasy just for the PS3, and not because is the console I'm going to buy, but because if somebody is capable of pushing the PS3 to the limit is SQUARE-ENIX...

Ohh yeah....bottom line....Final fantasy XIII for PS3 hahahah

LadyAmy
10-19-2008, 03:41 PM
Ps3. the ff on tha 360 doesn't feel right ;)

The Governator
10-19-2008, 05:09 PM
Impossible! Everyone loves Final Fantasy. :D

Well, everyone doesn't love FF, my dad doesn't love it, I don't love it, the guy next door most likely doesn't love it.

You cannot state that everyone loves somthing, especially somthing as trashy and 3rd rate as a JRPG.

Kun, my best friend has had two PS3's go on him and another person I know owns a £350 paper weight becuase he cannot be botherd to get his PS3 fixed, so where is your bullet proof reliability now?

And LadyAmy, how can a game that hasn't been released yet not feel right on another console? Thats like me saying OFP2 won't feel right on a PS3 because its not a PC (Infact my argument is more valid, there is a hauge difference between PC shooters and console shooters).

Kun
10-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Kun, my best friend has had two PS3's go on him and another person I know owns a £350 paper weight becuase he cannot be botherd to get his PS3 fixed, so where is your bullet proof reliability now?

Well then your best friend needs to throw a little salt over his shoulder or do something to be luckier , because that is not common!! hahaha, maybe it was damaged in the store where he buy it or something like that, it doesn't matter, I didn't say it was bullet proof, I said I didn't know anybody with a malfunctioning ps3, according to sony failure rates are about .02, all companys exagerated when talking about his product but....let say less than 1% , you cannot compare that to a microsoft 10% its a lot!!!! and that was according to microsoft, because according to retailers is around 35%, even the new generations are still having problems, that is increidible ridiculous!! I must admit that microsoft has a very good warranty service, they inverted a lot of money and effort in it...

-|[Frank]|-
10-19-2008, 06:10 PM
I'll be getting it on 360. I'm glad they decided to make it multiplatform, because I dont hav a PS3 (nothing against the PS3),and there were only like 2 games on it that i actually wanted to play, and now that FFXIII is coming onto 360, the only game left is MGS4.

I dont really understand the whole "FF doesnt feel right on 360" arguement? You do realise that Final Fantasy started on Nintendo dont you?:ninja:

Inactive Account 0061
10-19-2008, 07:50 PM
I go for PS3. Final Fantasy on Xbox just sounds so... Wrong

Rayne-dono
11-29-2008, 04:51 PM
I'd like to get in on PS3 because the fact that Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be on PS3 only....so far as we know. Also, the fact that I don't like the xbox360 that much. I've know quite a few people with the xbox360 and they all had to turn it in to Microsoft for repairs at least twice already. Oh and 2 my friends got a new xbox360 in return instead of the one they had, proven by the fact thy put a sticker on it to see if they got a new one.

STEAMedtodeath
11-29-2008, 08:13 PM
I have both systems, but Im going for PS3 based on Tradition only...plus when I bought my PS3 after owning a 360 for a while, I decided I would just buy shooters and exclusives for the 360 and everything else for PS3 because I feel that the Xbox controller was designed for shooters and IMO works the best for them. So yeah PS3 for those reasons and 1080 output on my HDTV also helps not to mention the 80 gb hardrive for any and all add ons.

daft
11-29-2008, 08:28 PM
PS3's the way to go! =D

Orca
11-30-2008, 02:10 AM
Well if you have an xbox360 and you don have the ps3 system. Than you really have no choice but to get it on the system you own, and viceversa. However, if you mean just in general? Than it would no doubt be the ps3 since most will be acustomed to the control layout if they played the previous final fantasy's. The well known ones anyways.

Zombiliciouss
11-30-2008, 02:13 AM
There was a time where the playstation just didnt sound right with FF. Squaresoft quickly abandoned Ninty for Sony. Im ready for a platform change, Im pushing for the 360 version.

STEAMedtodeath
11-30-2008, 08:58 AM
True, but the PS was the next generation and Nintendo had nothing at the time when FF7 was made into a success.

Aizmov
12-04-2008, 08:10 PM
True, but the PS was the next generation and Nintendo had nothing at the time when FF7 was made into a success.

Actually Nintendo had the N64, and Square practiced with it, and there was a tech demo of what FF7 could be on N64. What killed FF on the N64 was cartridges, they were limited and expensive compared to CDs.