PDA

View Full Version : Evil (adj.) in Japanese

Mavericker
08-25-2008, 03:54 AM
How many ways can you say evil in Japanese, besides warui?

Evil meaning wicked or bad.

Please let me know and please list as many translations as possible. Thank you. :D

Howling Star
08-25-2008, 06:34 AM
Warui was bad I thought not evil. Akna or something like that is evil. I think. I know I mispelled it totally. But someone maybe can correct me lawl. Also I know as in wicked the guy Sagara from Rurouni Kenshin. Has wicked on his back. But I forgot what it was. As for the akna it's how you prenounce it a bit I think. If I said this someone can correct it and make a whole thing of it. And btw how come you spam that much and still survive the forums ?

rikumi
08-25-2008, 07:44 AM
Evil is basically "Aku" as a stand-alone kanji, 悪

Datenshi
08-25-2008, 10:45 AM
"Evil" in the standard fantasy-role-play villian sense is 「邪悪」 (Jyaaku).

Mavericker
08-25-2008, 05:28 PM
"Evil" in the standard fantasy-role-play villian sense is 「邪悪」 (Jyaaku).

Isn't fuji another word for evil?

Datenshi
08-26-2008, 12:35 AM
Isn't fuji another word for evil?
Not that I know of. 不死 (fushi), 不死身 (fujimi) means "immortal" so you might have picked that up somewhere with the wrong meaning.

shinnraiu
08-29-2008, 09:04 PM
Warui was bad I thought not evil. Akna or something like that is evil. I think. I know I mispelled it totally. But someone maybe can correct me lawl. Also I know as in wicked the guy Sagara from Rurouni Kenshin. Has wicked on his back. But I forgot what it was. As for the akna it's how you prenounce it a bit I think. If I said this someone can correct it and make a whole thing of it. And btw how come you spam that much and still survive the forums ?

I think you mean 'akuma'.

Mavericker
09-02-2008, 10:01 PM

How do you say evil and bad in Japanese?

Anyaaa
09-03-2008, 05:50 PM
Like Datenshi said, 'jyaaku' (邪悪) means 'evil'. Warui (悪い) means 'bad'. I think it can be used in the same kind of sense as English, as in 'crap/rubbish' or 'evil/wrong'. Though I'm not sure quite how strong it is, because calling someone 'evil' in English is noteably different to calling them 'bad'. o_o