PDA

View Full Version : Castle Crashers

AmazingTheNinja(ATN)
08-24-2008, 09:26 PM
Many people don't know about Castle Crashers because they're too caught up playing their shitty mainstream FPS clones. I've decided to shed some light upon CC, and convince you to buy this fudging awesome game.

Castle Crashers is a sidescrolling hack'n'slash beat em' up with RPG elements. It was developed by Newgrounds founder Tom Fulp, Dan Paladin and many other developers. All of this is hand drawn in flash by Dan. And this alliance of awesome people deserving the title of god, have named their company The Behemoth.

I would gladly put some game info, but I am lazy. But here is some game footage to answer some questions:
http://www.destructoid.com/exclusive-the-18-minutes-right-after-the-first-15-minutes-of-castle-crashers-100159.phtml

Those little animals you see following Don and Nick around are called animal orbs. They provide support to your character, like bringing food to you, increasing stats, making you run faster in water, etc.

You can see some animal orbs, weapons, and characters that you can unlock here, at The Behemoth's CC dev blog: http://devblog.thebehemoth.com/

And you also might ask: What platforms are these on?

Castle Crashers is coming to the Xbox Live arcade for 1200 microsoft points on August 27th. It might be coming out on disc for the 360 as well, but that won't be soon, if at all. No, this isn't coming to the PS3 or the Wii. Suck it.

Who's ready to crash some castles with me next week? My gamertag: War Carved.

Bring Me The Horizon
08-24-2008, 09:29 PM
sounds pretty lame but thats just my opi :)

Diocletian
08-24-2008, 09:32 PM
The Wii doesn't suck anything.People suck IT.As for the game.Eh,looks okaaaaayyyyy.Looks a bit weak to me though.That's just mine.

AmazingTheNinja(ATN)
08-24-2008, 09:36 PM
I wasn't criticizing the Wii itself, don't get me wrong it's a very fun system. I was just rubbing it in your face that it was only coming out to the 360.

TriciaRose~
10-14-2008, 06:40 PM
Looks pretty fun...and yes..lots of poop O.o

Beezer
10-14-2008, 06:45 PM
the game is awesome and word is they have a patch to fix the problem with multiplayer online. They just have to get it certified by MS first then it should be good to go. This game is fun as my character is 79 I think. I've tried insane difficulty and can get a bit into it a bit but its just ridiculous.

Anime Forum
10-14-2008, 07:46 PM
The game looks half decent :3 its only decent in my opioion though.

Beezer
10-14-2008, 09:52 PM
The game looks half decent :3 its only decent in my opioion though.

its fun and addictive. The thing thats been killing it has been the online multiplayer glitch. Sometimes I can get a game going but as soon as the levels over it boots everyone. With 4 people playing on insane, the game must just be ....insane heh.