PDA

View Full Version : Songs from Genres you typically hate that you just adore

Masali
08-21-2008, 03:29 PM
Ok, stay with me on this one. I'll give you an example what I'm talking about and it'll prolly be cleared up. Ok, so I normally hate rap. I just don't like it most of the time, but...I absolutely adore Lil' Wayne. I love his music, It just has a good feel to it and it's addictive. Most other rap just annoys me, and this which I'd figure would be the most annoying is actually one of my favorite artists haha.

Ok, so do you have a similar kind of thing?

Diocletian
08-21-2008, 05:18 PM
Heavy Death Metal.Then I go and listen to Iron Steel.

Capernicus
08-21-2008, 05:28 PM
Ok, so I normally hate rap. I just don't like it most of the time, but...I absolutely adore Lil' Wayne. I love his music, It just has a good feel to it and it's addictive.

WHAT! WHAT!

I can't believe you. How can you even call Lil' Wayne music???

I don't normally like rap either but I love Fatboy Slim - It's a Wonderful Night.

Gandizzl
08-21-2008, 05:30 PM
I don't really think Fatboy Slim qualifies as rap, try big beat which is more of a electronica/industrial subgenre.

This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race by Fall Out Boy is catchy, and also their cover of What's This? from a Nightmare Before Christmas.
Other than that I can't think of any songs I like from a genre I don't like.

Masali
08-22-2008, 02:39 PM
WHAT! WHAT!

I can't believe you. How can you even call Lil' Wayne music???

uh...C-Call me so I can make it juicy for ya?

Bring Me The Horizon
08-22-2008, 02:41 PM
I hate rock and altenative yet i cant help banging out some Sonic Youth or Dinosaur Jr. with a hint of the Sex pistols

Cloud.
08-22-2008, 02:46 PM
I cringe at really agressive metal, System of a Down's probably the hardest metal I've listened to. I couldn't listen to say, Slayer, no way.

poison.ivy
08-22-2008, 03:30 PM
Hmmm. "Let me blow your mind" by Eve and Gwen Stefani. I like Gwen, I can deal with her, but I spit on rap, r'n'b and the likes. *cries* I'm such a faker! xD

.Lovebeat
08-22-2008, 05:41 PM
I like the song Golddigger, it's funny. But whatever the genre is, I usually don't like it.

Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki
08-22-2008, 07:53 PM
Hmm... I hate pop, but I like the song "Apologize" by OneRepublic. Then I grew to hate it. Meh, I don't really listen to anything outside of genres.

Except Home Made Kazoku... I shouldn't like them, but I do <_<;.

Gjallarhorn
08-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Hate emo music. Love Fall Out Boy's "Don't You Know Who I Think I Am?".

The Nightingale
08-23-2008, 03:07 PM
I HATE Country, But I love Kid Rock, & Montgomery Gentry (I think that's how you spell it?)

'If You Ever Stop Loving Me' & 'All Summer Long'

Ryth
08-23-2008, 03:18 PM
I love rap music, but I can tell you Lil Wayne is absolute crap.

As for me, I don't think I have one of these problems.

Tsuna Kadiri
08-23-2008, 04:27 PM
Mm. The only genre that I really hate is Christian Rock.

That said, some of Matt Maher's music is nice (For Your Glory is very catchy). And even though Jon Foreman isn't classified as a Christian artist, there's a lot of religious symbolism in his music. I absolutely adore his solo stuff (not too big a fan of Switchfoot).

Mmmmmmmmmm
08-23-2008, 06:36 PM
I don't normally listen to heavy metal, but I like some of Slipknot's songs where they're not all screaming, and actually sound decent. Duality is one of them I think. There's about three.

Jose
08-23-2008, 08:02 PM
Mm. The only genre that I really hate is Christian Rock.

Me too, well maybe rap also

But in the genre of christian rock, I like really like Reliant k most of all the song "Be my escape"

Ryth
08-24-2008, 01:02 PM
I honestly don't even consider christian rock a genre. Just because you sing about Jesus doesn't mean a new genre spurs up for you. Mostly, you just get painfully uninspired music and (especially) lyrics.

The exception: mewithoutYou.

Mayonnaise-Senpai
08-24-2008, 01:10 PM
There's this really scary band called Slipknot and they had a recent song put out not too long ago and it's called "Psychosocial". I hate rock music but for some odd reason I was singing that song one day and I scared myself for doing that. XD lol!

I hate country but when the movie "Cars" came out, I loved the song "Life is a Highway".

Masali
08-24-2008, 06:37 PM
I love rap music, but I can tell you Lil Wayne is absolute crap.

As for me, I don't think I have one of these problems.

I agree, I mean he is a terrible musician. But the fact that he takes himself so seriously and he just...I mean how great he THINKS he is is contagious. I mean when you rap "I'm a vanerial (sp) disease/like a menstrual bleed" is just priceless.

Diocletian
08-24-2008, 06:51 PM
I agree, I mean he is a terrible musician. But the fact that he takes himself so seriously and he just...I mean how great he THINKS he is is contagious. I mean when you rap "I'm a vanerial (sp) disease/like a menstrual bleed" is just priceless.

He's also great for kids' myspace accounts.From his songs to his terrible quotes.

Take "dem" shoes off ya teeth and stop runnin' your mouth

You can't get on my level
You "gon" need a spaceship or a latter that's forever

Baby,I can bless you when you ain't sneezin'

Much better than any quotes by Edgar Alan Poe and such.

Memento Mori
08-26-2008, 10:59 AM
I hate country.

Love Coal Miner's Daughter by Loretta Lynn.

I hate a lot of hip hop or rap or whatever.

Love The Way I Are by Timbaland.

The Wing Man
08-29-2008, 11:04 AM
Hip hop-Anything run dmc did was amazing to me.

Masali
09-13-2008, 12:12 PM
He's also great for kids' myspace accounts.From his songs to his terrible quotes.

Much better than any quotes by Edgar Alan Poe and such.

Don't forget

Call me, so I can make it Juicy for ya

and of course

Pussy in mah mouth got me lost for words

or my personal favorite

I'm a great dane, I wear 8 Chains!

DynastyxFell
09-13-2008, 01:05 PM
I don't like country, but I like the song Funnel of Love by Wanda Jackson (if you could really consider that country. Either way, I don't like other songs of whatever genre that is.)

I like The Ditty Bops, but I'm not particulary fond of that poppy, folk-y sound.

I very much don't like rap, but I like the song Stand Up, by Ludacris.

Lord Fluff
09-13-2008, 05:32 PM
I megaloath rap and I dislike country, yet I love The Black Eyed Peas, "Where is the Love" specifically, and "Hurt" by Johnny Cash. There are other country songs I like (5-6) but as a whole I'm not too into it, and rap is the single most idiotic genre of music ever, except old school rap (The Sugarhill Gang, Grandmaster Flash), that was good music.

MissAstaire
09-17-2008, 09:05 AM
But in the genre of christian rock, I like really like Reliant k most of all the song "Be my escape"

That was actually my favourite song for a long time.

I really like "Christian rock" because it doesn't have so much crap and unneccessary stuff in it. That and some of the songs are pretty funny (ie- Princes & Frogs, Superchick/Na Na, Superchick).

The genre I don't like? Ehh, that'd be rap and hard core screamo. They both give me killer headaches. >.< But, er, Eminem's (not entirely sure if he qualifies) "Lose It" I thought was just hysterical and memorized it. Haven't heard it in years, but if I did I would still know the words. =.=

RAP- Retards Attempting Poetry.

Lol

Zombiliciouss
09-17-2008, 07:12 PM
I normally hate rap, but I like

-Fort Minor
-Linkin Park (Not 100% rap... but, ya know)
-Gorillaz (Just the CD Demon Days)
-Papa Roach (Again, not 100% rap)
-Kid Rock

I also hate plenty of pop punk. Though I love also

-Sum 41
-Panic! at the Disco
-Taking Back Sunday

so... uh... yeah.

+Namiko+
09-17-2008, 07:23 PM
SEXYBACK

My, Gawd, I hate hip hop but that song just ROCKS

Memento Mori
09-17-2008, 08:22 PM
I just recently got addicted to the song "Heard it in a Love Song" by the Marshall Tucker Band.

WAY too country for the average person, and country is a genre I typically hate, but I <3 this song for some reason.

kaori_tenshi
09-17-2008, 09:42 PM
I strongly dislike rap and sometimes R&B, but I love most of Kanye West's songs. Some of them have a nice beat that I can't help but love. Also, his lyrics aren't trash like a lot of rap artists.

Lady Edani
11-15-2008, 07:23 PM
i hate country but i like "what hurts the most", when the lights went out in georgia","hurt".

SigmaSD
11-15-2008, 07:26 PM
Yep, I do have something similar. I usually hate reggeton (which is like rap music, but in Spanish) but I really like Don Omar.

PS- Daddy Yankee sucks really badly.

Diocletian
11-15-2008, 08:15 PM
That was actually my favourite song for a long time.

I really like "Christian rock" because it doesn't have so much crap and unneccessary stuff in it. That and some of the songs are pretty funny (ie- Princes & Frogs, Superchick/Na Na, Superchick).

The genre I don't like? Ehh, that'd be rap and hard core screamo. They both give me killer headaches. >.< But, er, Eminem's (not entirely sure if he qualifies) "Lose It" I thought was just hysterical and memorized it. Haven't heard it in years, but if I did I would still know the words. =.=

Lol

If you generalize rap by Lil Wayne and Fat Joe it is retards. When you have clever people like Krs-One, or Marley Mar you are wrong. Rap has a thicker meaning to it. It's not just hoes, joes, and ......flows.

3pleT
11-15-2008, 08:41 PM
I normally hate pop and all its variations (alternative IS just a variation of pop), but I can't get enough of The Cranberries (also Dolores O'Riordan's solo) and Darling Violetta.

For all those rap haters out there - admit that most of rap you heard you heard on MTV, and never even heard of Atmosphere, Sage Francis, Doomtree and such. Of course, I say this assuming that you already know about the old school rappers, but want to hear something new.
For all those r&b haters out there - it doesn't matter what wikipedia says, Beyonce is to r&b what Linkin Park is to metal. Amy Winehouse is more r&b than her, but the truth is, there are no pure r&b artists in the mainstream today.

Orcius
11-15-2008, 08:59 PM
row row fight the power which is i think a rap and i hate rap but this song is awesome.

Negi
11-15-2008, 09:42 PM
I really don't like Hip-Hop, Rap, Pop, and above all else Country.

I have been known to splurge into Gwen Stefani, and some country songs. The country has to be a freakin' amazing song though. If I knew the names or artists i'd say, but I don't. And my memory doesn't care to know.

Mayonnaise-Senpai
11-16-2008, 03:39 PM
I normally hate rap, but I like

-Gorillaz (Just the CD Demon Days)

I wouldn't consider Gorillaz Hip hop. Yes, Feel Good Inc. is more of a hip hop song but only because De La Soul is in it. They have other songs where it isn't hip hop, ya know. Like White Light, All Alone, Dare (Especially that one), 19-2000 and etc. They're more alternative than hip hop.

Oh and I hate rock. But I like that song but Kevin Rudolf "Let It Rock". Yeah, it has Lil Wayne in it.

MissAstaire
11-16-2008, 04:40 PM

Lol

To whoever decided to "bad rep" me because of what I said in this here post...

"Retards Attempting Poetry" was put as a joke. I heard it from a friend and thought it was funny. I, personally, think that it takes quite a bit of intelligence to come up with lyrics for "rap" music. It's not necessarily the lyrics that I don't like with rap, although it could do without being so vulgar sometimes, but it's the constant booming bass that makes my brain want to implode.

Afterthought that has nothing to do with the topic:
Also, for future reference, please leave your name at the end of a rep. Regardless of it being good or bad.

Mayonnaise-Senpai
11-16-2008, 06:05 PM
To whoever decided to "bad rep" me because of what I said in this here post...

"Retards Attempting Poetry" was put as a joke. I heard it from a friend and thought it was funny. I, personally, think that it takes quite a bit of intelligence to come up with lyrics for "rap" music. It's not necessarily the lyrics that I don't like with rap, although it could do without being so vulgar sometimes, but it's the constant booming bass that makes my brain want to implode.

Afterthought that has nothing to do with the topic:
Also, for future reference, please leave your name at the end of a rep. Regardless of it being good or bad.

Oh yeah. That was me sorry. I forgot my name.

Just because you think thats a joke doesn't mean everyone else will think it's funny. I like 'rap' (I like to call it hip hop because it sound better) but I'm not arguing for the fact that I like it. It's because of the way people use the word 'retard' or 'retarded.' I didn't think your little joke was funny. That's why I gave you bad reps.

MissAstaire
11-16-2008, 06:20 PM
Oh yeah. That was me sorry. I forgot my name.

Just because you think thats a joke doesn't mean everyone else will think it's funny. I like 'rap' (I like to call it hip hop because it sound better) but I'm not arguing for the fact that I like it. It's because of the way people use the word 'retard' or 'retarded.' I didn't think your little joke was funny. That's why I gave you bad reps.

Then that was all you had to say in the reason field. If you had, I wouldn't have argued the point. I'm sorry that I offended you with my usage of "retard". It wasn't my intent.

None of the above
11-16-2008, 06:50 PM
I'm allergic to R&B, though almost all of Beyonce's song are of my liking. Also I enjoy Rihanna's 'Disturbia'.

That's coming from a declared 'enemy' of this music genre.

Pina Colada
11-22-2008, 04:22 PM
Ok, so I normally hate rap. I just don't like it most of the time, but...I absolutely adore Lil' Wayne.

rofllll I know sooooo many people that hate rap but love Lil Wayne. More proof that he's a musical genius.

I normally listen to rap, but there's a few non rap songs I like. I usually stay away from Country, however I like Tim McGraw @.@

hitohikamisoul777
11-22-2008, 04:32 PM
Umbrella by Rihanna~? I think that's how it's spelt, not sure, but it's a good friend song even if it's rap/hip-hop ( I don't have too many favorites in this genre...) but it makes me think of my friends who graduated last year, who were mostly older gals who looked out for me... Ahh *teardrop* 'Kay, I'm good now...

Yugure's Goddess
11-24-2008, 01:56 AM
Ok I hate pop, but because my little step sister had made me listen to some, I found out that I like:

Hot n' Cold - Katy Perry
So What - Pink

Then I hate teenage emo-goth-angst crap but I've got a soft spot for HIM. I especially love The Sacrament, Join Me, (his take on) Wicked Game, Solitary Man, and Close to the Flame. And all his crap is so repetitive and all that, but, I don't know why. I just adore HIM. Though, I will say that Piano + heavy metal guitars = AWESOME! I love it.

I feel all dirty, now. I shouldn't have come here. None of you saw anything, got it? I will cut you!

love
dani
dude