PDA

View Full Version : Do you dream realistic dreams (Lucid Dreams)?

FierceFeli.
08-14-2008, 02:53 PM
First of all, What is it? (source Wikipedia):

A lucid dream is a dream (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream) in which the person is aware that he or she is dreaming while the dream is in progress, also known as a conscious dream. When the dreamer is lucid, he or she can actively participate in the dream environment without any of the limitations that otherwise would feel natural to persons who incorrectly believe they are in the "real" waking world. Lucid dreams can be extremely real and vivid depending on a person's level of self-awareness (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-awareness) during the lucid dream.

I dream theese kind of dreams every night, I feel physical pain in the dream and I am able to control them while I sleep. Pretty fun to have my own dreamworld in one way. You can meet anyone you like and do whatever you want. No limitations. My favourite thing to do in my dreams is to fly.

Do you have realistic/lcid/controllable dreams? And what is your favourite thing do dream of/do as you are dreaming?

Finvarra
08-14-2008, 03:03 PM
I had a Lucid Dream the other night.
I Got a thorne in my finger.
When I woke up my finger was pulsating.
;o.o
It kinda scared me.

Amray The II
08-14-2008, 03:14 PM
Do wet dreams count? Or do they go into a whole different catergorie? They feel real enough.

SSDynamite
08-14-2008, 03:15 PM
Ohh I do that I think. I'm totally aware that it's a dream but I still can't wake up :/ it's dodgy.

Happi Giraffe!
08-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Yes, i got one a while ago. I remember thinking, "oh, i'm in a dream" and spent the rest of that dream trying to wake up.

Mmmmmmmmmm
08-14-2008, 04:25 PM
Do wet dreams count? Or do they go into a whole different catergorie? They feel real enough.So true. And my dreams are about as real as Harry Potter.

DeeviousDemon
08-14-2008, 04:33 PM
haha had the worst dream ever....last night...haha..broke up with my boyfriend...and woke up feelin grumpy and blue!!! lolol yea i didnt really break up with him... >_<

Eris
08-14-2008, 04:33 PM
It happens every now and then, though I largely prefer the garbled nonsense I normally dream.

Music Fiend
08-14-2008, 04:51 PM
i have them almost everynight. it's scary how realistic my dreams are.

like, last night, i drempt i was at work with Selena. At work, i like to hang out with her and the other girls in the corner, listening to them gossip..or one will end up hitting on me. so, the fact that i was over there with her in the dream didn't help in any attempt to discern it from reality. only, we were alone. and she puts her hands at my cheeks, and we start making out. she breaks the kiss to say, "tell me if anyone comes". and continues. my eyes are darting and i am amazed that i like it and her so much.

but then..my mind tells me, and knows, that it's a dream. while i am still dreaming, eyes closed. and i mumble an expletive, and try to fall asleep again. fail. that's how it always is. xD

i've had a few dreams about people on AF that have seemed real.

i have good things happen to me in dreams, and then my mind breaks the new..and i curse for the life of me. it sucks.

Amray The II
08-14-2008, 04:57 PM
I remember once having a dream which I knew was a dream. I wanted to wake up but I couldn't. Very realistic. I kept thinking "wake up, wake up" but it was hopeless. Then I opened my eyes and thought "Finally!" only to realise that I was in a school which I had never been in before and thought...."Ah crap!!! I'm still in one!" After that at one point I even tried flying out of my dream on a little peddled helicopter that I spent about 2 seconds building. I did manage to wake up in the end..(obviously)

Diocletian
08-14-2008, 05:01 PM
Anpanman.I'm gay for Anpanman.I sleep the episodes.IT is such a cute creature.ANPANMAN!
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c388/Colors2grey531/anpanman.jpg

SWEET BEAN PASTE MAN!

xcloudxstrifex
08-14-2008, 05:04 PM
I have had one of those before it's awesome!

~*Layla*~
08-14-2008, 05:18 PM
I had this one dream that I was getting chased around the city by a killer! And the killer was my own brother but when he was about to kill me I woke up!
Scary dream! O_O

Monstuurrrr
08-14-2008, 09:19 PM
OH MY GOD IS THAT WHAT THEY'RE CALLED!? Duuuude!! I love having dreams likes those!! I try to take advantage and think something in my head like a really nice car, then it just pops out of nowhere! So cool! It's like I'm playing God by making things appear as I want them, I sometimes say "J-Lo" and next thing I know I'm totally making out with J-Lo!! It's so realistic, I can feel like it's all real and it's crazy!! Then there are the times where I feel pain in my dreams and it feels pretty realistic which is also crazy.. But the sad thing is, when I have those dreams and I realize it I tend to wake up like right away! It sucks because I know I'm in a dream so I want to keep dreaming, but for some reason I just wake up most of the time, maybe it's because I close my eyes and try to imagine something and that what wakes me up, I don't know, but next time I have a lucid dream, I'll try to keep my eyes open and not close them in my dream. d=P Then think of making out with some hawt celebrity chick. Haha, I'm a dude, can't blame me. ;D

wolfgirl90
08-15-2008, 01:14 AM
Most people don't have lucid dreams all the time. But there are things that one can do to increase your chances of having a lucid dream and prolonging the amount of time that you spend in that state.

To increase your chances of having a lucid dream, you can write your dreams down in a journal. I do this everyday. I actually didn't start doing this to have lucid dreams (I do this to recall any Otherworldly messages that are often sent in dreams...its a Wiccan thing:p) but I noticed that the side effect of doing so increased the amount of lucid dreams that I had. Recalling your dreams helps you and your mind become aware of the dreams that you are having and allows you to gain more control of them.

To prolong your lucid dreams (which seems to be a problem for some of you), the first thing you can do is to not get excited about it. If you go "Oh my God, I'm lucid!!", then your brain is going to sense this excitement and you are going to wake up. This may seem hard, but when you realize that you are lucid, try to calm down. Then, try to grab something, hold on to it and imagine the sensation you should feel. This allows your dream to become more vivid without shocking your brain (you are "tricking" your brain into believing that you are "awake").

Kajiwara, what you were experiencing was a special type of lucid dream (actually, semi-lucid dream) called "false awakening", where a person dreams that they have awoken, only to end up dreaming again:D. The body is usually at a very heightened state and dreams can be very vivid to the point that you can have heightened reactions in your dream.

False awakenings can help you get lucid dreams but they can also dampen your chances at the same time. You can help if you give yourself a "reality check" (checking to see if you are in a dream) every time you wake up so that you will do the same thing in your sleep (and therefore become lucid each time). They hurt your chances because you lose awareness of dreaming during a false awakening, as you believe that you are now awake but you are not. You may be in control but you do not realize that you are dreaming (that's way these dreams are usually "semi-lucid").

Haoie
08-15-2008, 04:27 AM
^ She has the right idea.

Anyway, those dreams are a nice chance to work out unresolved issues.

Varcertez
08-15-2008, 05:00 AM
When ever I fall asleep and dream, I am aware that I am asleep and in my
bed. But at the same time I never feel any motivation to do anything within
my dream. If something starts to happen, I'll just follow along with it no
matter what might happen (a couple of times I have been faced with an
impending doom of some sort).

Then there are also the times when nothing will happen at all. I remember
once where all I did was sit in a wooden chair in an empty room, constantly
staring out of a single small window that showed me a twilight sky.

I also feel compelled to quote Lovecraft for whatever reason...

~

"When age fell upon the world, and wonder went out of the minds of men; when grey cities reared to smoky skies tall towers grim and ugly, in whose shadow none might dream of the sun or of Spring's flowering meads; when learning stripped Earth of her mantle of beauty, and poets sang no more save of twisted phantoms seen with bleared and inward-looking eyes; when these things had come to pass, and childish hopes had gone away for ever, there was a man who traveled out of life on a quest into the spaces whither the world's dreams had fled.

Of the name and abode of this man little is written, for they were of the waking world only; yet it is said that both were obscure. It is enough to know that he dwelt in a city of high walls where sterile twilight reigned, and that he toiled all day among shadow and turmoil, coming home at evening to a room whose one window opened not on the fields and groves but on a dim court where other windows stared in dull despair. From that casement one might see only walls and windows, except sometimes when one leaned out and peered aloft at the small stars that passed. And because mere walls and windows must soon drive to madness a man who dreams and reads much, the dweller in that room used night after night to lean out and peer aloft to glimpse some fragment of things beyond the waking world and the greyness of tall cities. After years he began to call the slow sailing stars by name, and to follow them in fancy when they glided regretfully out of sight; till at length his vision opened to many secret vistas whose existence no common eye suspects. And one night a mighty gulf was bridged, and the dream-haunted skies swelled down to the lonely watcher's window to merge with the close air of his room and make him a part of their fabulous wonder.

There came to that room wild streams of violet midnight glittering with dust of gold; vortices of dust and fire, swirling out of the ultimate spaces and heavy with perfumes from beyond the worlds. Opiate oceans poured there, litten by suns that the eye may never behold and having in their whirlpools strange dolphins and seanymphs of unrememberable deeps. Noiseless infinity eddied around the dreamer and wafted him away without even touching the body that leaned stiffly from the lonely window; and for days not counted in men's calendars the tides of far spheres bore him gently to join the dreams for which he longed; the dreams that men have lost. And in the course of many cycles they tenderly left him sleeping on a green sunrise shore; a green shore fragrant with lotus-blossoms and starred by red camalates...."

~

Wow.. long post >.<

Mysti Queen
08-15-2008, 06:23 PM
I don't always have lucid dreams, but I've had a couple. Most of them were too cute. Like, I've dreamt before about being with someone that I love and I can actually feel him touching me. It's so weird. I've also had a dream were I was stabbed and I felt pain in my side.

One time, I also had a dream that I was fighting someone and I fell into a pool and I was drowning. I actually felt like I was drowning and I felt like I was going to die. But then in my dream, one of my cousins came and pulled me out of the water.

Those dreams can be kind of scary if they get out of hand, but if I can control them, then they can be the greatest thing. You can meet anyone, real or not, alive or not, and live out your fantasies. I love it. <3

wolfgirl90
08-16-2008, 12:13 AM
I don't always have lucid dreams, but I've had a couple. Most of them were too cute. Like, I've dreamt before about being with someone that I love and I can actually feel him touching me. It's so weird. I've also had a dream were I was stabbed and I felt pain in my side.

One time, I also had a dream that I was fighting someone and I fell into a pool and I was drowning. I actually felt like I was drowning and I felt like I was going to die. But then in my dream, one of my cousins came and pulled me out of the water.

Those dreams can be kind of scary if they get out of hand, but if I can control them, then they can be the greatest thing. You can meet anyone, real or not, alive or not, and live out your fantasies. I love it. <3

Those dreams are not quite lucid, as you were not in control of the actions that happened to but they were semi-lucid. However, even semi-lucid dreams can be very vivid and realistic and having these means that you are actually close to having fully lucid dreams.

The weird thing is that our brains accept everything that we see, even in dreams, as real. Even if you dream about horses flying around during a chocolate rainstorm, your brain will interpret this as being real. If you are in deep sleep (to the point of being semi-lucid or more), the sensations you experience in your dream can feel as if they are actually happening to you. That is why you can sometimes feel the touch of another person or the pain of being injured in your dreams. Your brain basically has no choice but to accept what is happing to you as being real as a survival mechanism and will send sensations accordingly (it would be really bad if your brain had to decide whether or not you were actually being stabbed in real life or if its a dream!;)).

stop_rewind
08-16-2008, 01:11 AM
I love lucid dreaming! Being in charge of everything that happens in your dreams, the possibilities are endless. Very good for problem solving things in real life by simulating it in your own little dream world!

Mysti Queen
08-16-2008, 01:47 AM
Those dreams are not quite lucid, as you were not in control of the actions that happened to but they were semi-lucid. However, even semi-lucid dreams can be very vivid and realistic and having these means that you are actually close to having fully lucid dreams.

The weird thing is that our brains accept everything that we see, even in dreams, as real. Even if you dream about horses flying around during a chocolate rainstorm, your brain will interpret this as being real. If you are in deep sleep (to the point of being semi-lucid or more), the sensations you experience in your dream can feel as if they are actually happening to you. That is why you can sometimes feel the touch of another person or the pain of being injured in your dreams. Your brain basically has no choice but to accept what is happing to you as being real as a survival mechanism and will send sensations accordingly (it would be really bad if your brain had to decide whether or not you were actually being stabbed in real life or if its a dream!;)).

Yeah, it's semi-lucid. It's like in some parts, I can control what's happening. In other parts of the same dream, I can't. I really hate it when I want to run in my dreams but I can't move. It's so annoying. Maybe I'll try to have a lucid dream tonight. Though sometimes so many things happen in dreams that it's hard to control what I think even sometimes. I remember once in my dreams knowning that I was dreaming. But I didn't do anything and my dream ended pretty much at that part.

Alicaryn Silentread
08-16-2008, 02:53 AM
I don't think I've ever had a lucid dream, but I'm aware of talking in my sleep and have even woke up talking aloud.

I do however have these dreams of everyday normal life, and then it actually happens in the future. Its not extravagant or like "omg i can c da future. :B" but I'll remember dreaming that a friend of mine said this sentence at this place and when it happens I'll have that good ol' Deja Vu feeling. But the dreams are very vivid even if they haven't ever happened before. o_o; It's slightly creepy when I finish my friends sentences or find myself giving the exact same response I gave to them in the dream. x.x;

(Sorry if that sounds complicated rofl.)

kleyrxD
08-16-2008, 05:54 AM
yes. but not always...i mostly dream about me running to somebody i dont really know..

███
08-16-2008, 09:09 AM
I can't recall having a dream that wasn't lucid.

zorarock
08-16-2008, 01:36 PM
(Thanx wolfgirl90 I needed to know how to stay asleep)
Ya I had one but it faded when I realized it. I've also had ones where I don't relize it till I wake up then I'm like DANG!! I could of controlled that!!!!

loveyourfate
08-16-2008, 01:46 PM
all the time... The good thing about them, as you say, is that you can control them as you wish.

Hoshizorah
08-16-2008, 04:31 PM
I have had plenty of lucid dreams.
I was literally thinking while having the dreams.

I remember this one dream, where I was watching Ghost Whisper on tv, so then I thought while having this dream, "Ok good, tomorrow is Saturday(Ghost Whisper airs on a Friday night), so I do not have to go to school."
But really, when I went to bed, it was Sunday night.
I woke up on Monday morning, thinking it was a Saturday, and that I had set my alarm clock wrong.
So I went back to sleep.

My mom came screaming down in my room an hour later, telling me I was late for school.

Mmmmmmmmmm
08-16-2008, 04:34 PM
all the time... The good thing about them, as you say, is that you can control them as you wish.
You can't CONTROL them. I don't see how you get off saying that. I don't know how you can control a dream, if you can NOBODY would have nightmares. So, tell me how you control them again?

yilin
08-16-2008, 08:34 PM
I had dream once that I'm running and running... coz, a man wants to kill me... but then, he hit me with his knife at my legs... I can't run anymore... then, a boy that I can't see his face save me from that man... and whoosh! I'm awake! and I'm sweating that time and my legs aches... super! I'm so tired that time but I'm smiling.....^^

Diocletian
08-16-2008, 08:37 PM
You can't CONTROL them. I don't see how you get off saying that. I don't know how you can control a dream, if you can NOBODY would have nightmares. So, tell me how you control them again?

Agreed.One of the reasons I've thought your not 12.......

You can try to repress them at best.If I had a dream about kissing a man,I can't change that,but try to repress it.

wolfgirl90
08-17-2008, 12:25 AM

Well, those people who are having nightmares are obviously not having lucid dreams. You have to be lucid in order to control your dreams. If you have a nightmare, unless you eventually figure out you are having a dream, it can be very difficult to become lucid, as the dream can be be very realistic and vivid to the person having it.

To become lucid, during a dream, you must not only become aware that you are in a dream but you must gain control of the events that are in the dream. Usually, people will either have very vivid dreams that are almost on the same level as lucid dreams (semi-lucid) or have dreams in which they are aware that they are dreaming (pre-lucid). Most people will become pre-lucid but will not make it to the fully lucid stage because of certain factors. One of them is simply becoming overly excited in the dream. Children are usually able to do more than adults.

No one can have lucid dream with consistency without some persistence and practice. A few people may have achieved this by accident:p!

FierceFeli.
08-17-2008, 06:14 AM
@ Taz

Then obiviously you haven't had Lucid dreams. or dreams that you can control. When I am sleeping and a "monster" is coming towards me I can wish to myself: "Make the monster into a cat." and then it turns into a cat when I blink with my eyes.

And of course I have other nightmares and dreams that I can't control, yet, I can control 90% of them.

Perpetual Specter
08-17-2008, 06:32 PM
I don't think I've ever had a lucid dream before. My dreams are normally bad and uncontrollable or they are completely random and uncontrollable. I'd love to experience a lucid dream, so long as it isn't a bad one of course.

*~Lily_Gemini~*
09-20-2008, 11:37 AM
hmmmm...ive had a dream close to that before.
when i first got my lip peirced over the summer...
i had this crazy dream where, i was trialed as a witch or something...
but then marlynn manson saveded me, and...
but then he took me to his home place and Bill kaulitz and jeffree star was there.
(everyone who knows me knows im in love with Bill and jefree)
so then, sexy three some.
and bill rips meh lip ring out and i wake up.
crying of pain and bleeding all over the place.
i knew i was dreaming tho...
cuz i dont know bill or jefree,
and stuff.
but it felt real..does that count?
oh yeah my lip isnt done anymore..it hurt to put it back in after it got "ripped out" in my dream...cuz it actually got like...ripped out by a sheet or something while i was sleeping...

Dr. Hax
09-20-2008, 11:53 AM
I felt like someone was fighting me in my dream as when I woke, my face was hurting and I socked my dad one right in his face.

Magelation
09-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Haha! 95% of my dreams are lucid. Most of it I can't remember when I wake up (just like any ordinary human) but I can usually recall the theme of it and I know for sure that they're extremely believable when I'm sleeping. It's really insane though if I think about all the things that have happened.

rikumi
09-20-2008, 12:14 PM
1/3 of my dreams in this life time. 1/3 is considered fortune-telling <--not clear. Another 1/3 is mainly anime <--easily forgotten.

bizou
09-20-2008, 12:17 PM
I never realize I'm lucid dreaming, though I do have control. My dreams are always realistic in this state, as well, so I don't suspect anything. There's no point where I realize it's a dream but I still have total control.

The rest of my dreams are completely random and useless. So that's about as close as I get to 'lucidity'.

godsofdeathluvapples13
09-20-2008, 12:36 PM
I mostly have lucid dreams when im haveing a bad one.I can only remeber three bad dreams in the past 5 yrs that werent lucid. Its weird when i have a bad dream at the climax or chase seen or something, i just stop turn to the thing thats scary and say to myself, "Olivia, you are dreaming. Wake up." Two second later im staring into the pitch black of my room. perfectly unharmed.

Eris
09-20-2008, 02:02 PM
A while back I had a quasilucid dream. First I dreamed I was talking to this agreeable girl on the bus, but then some stereotypical villain hijacked the bus. I remember "willing" myself back to before the dream turned into Speed. It was only partially successful, because the girl had already gotten off the bus.

sunnyside
09-20-2008, 08:34 PM
Well I have extremely vivid dreams (which are in color I don't get where people say you can't do that).

And I have dreams where I know I'm dreaming and am in control.

What I don't get are these dreams some of you mention where you know you're in a dream but can't wake up. That would be freaky.

Zombiliciouss
09-20-2008, 09:13 PM
Once I learned to Lucid Dream, I was always much happier. Lucid dreaming is probably one of the best things I've ever learned to do in my short life.

ria1
09-20-2008, 09:49 PM
First of all, What is it? (source Wikipedia):

A lucid dream is a dream (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream) in which the person is aware that he or she is dreaming while the dream is in progress, also known as a conscious dream. When the dreamer is lucid, he or she can actively participate in the dream environment without any of the limitations that otherwise would feel natural to persons who incorrectly believe they are in the "real" waking world. Lucid dreams can be extremely real and vivid depending on a person's level of self-awareness (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-awareness) during the lucid dream.

I dream theese kind of dreams every night, I feel physical pain in the dream and I am able to control them while I sleep. Pretty fun to have my own dreamworld in one way. You can meet anyone you like and do whatever you want. No limitations. My favourite thing to do in my dreams is to fly.

Do you have realistic/lcid/controllable dreams? And what is your favourite thing do dream of/do as you are dreaming?

So you have these dreams every night? Interesting. You may be psychic, I don't know, I haven't had lucid dreams for several years. If I did have one, I'd make myself win the lottery!

I'm kind of concerned about the people saying that they are having nightmares. I haven't had nightmares in years, maybe it's because I'm older, I don't know. But what I do know is that I had a lot of nightmares when I was a kid, and my childhood was pretty awlful after that. I just hope the same thing doesn't happen to all of you out there that are having nightmares on a consistent basis.

wolfgirl90
09-20-2008, 10:23 PM
hmmmm...ive had a dream close to that before.
when i first got my lip peirced over the summer...
i had this crazy dream where, i was trialed as a witch or something...
but then marlynn manson saveded me, and...
but then he took me to his home place and Bill kaulitz and jeffree star was there.
(everyone who knows me knows im in love with Bill and jefree)
so then, sexy three some.
and bill rips meh lip ring out and i wake up.
crying of pain and bleeding all over the place.
i knew i was dreaming tho...
cuz i dont know bill or jefree,
and stuff.
but it felt real..does that count?
oh yeah my lip isnt done anymore..it hurt to put it back in after it got "ripped out" in my dream...cuz it actually got like...ripped out by a sheet or something while i was sleeping...

You, like most people, were having a "semi-lucid" dream. In your situation (and this may or may not sound trippy to you), the images in your dream were telling you that something was about to happen or was happening to you. In this case, you were being presented with images (albeit very weird images) alluding to what was happening with your lip piercing. It wasn't really a warning; your brain was just letting you know that something (painful) was about to happen to you in real life.

If you were awake, you would have felt this instantly, but when you are asleep (in REM sleep), your body paralyses itself as a safety precaution (REM atonia), to prevent you from moving around during vivid dreams and thus injuring yourself (although for some people, this doesn't work the way it should and you move around in your sleep anyway). Your legs go first and the paralyses continues upward. Your hearing is the last thing to go, but it is the first thing that gets "turned back on" when you are beginning the first phases of waking up (which is way sounds from a television or anything in your room can sometimes appear in your dreams:p).

Tomoyo01
09-21-2008, 01:09 AM
Most of the time I know Im dreaing and I can control what I`m doing, but does it count that I can do this when the dream is about anime?

Velvet_Nightmare
09-21-2008, 02:07 AM
I have lucid dreams almost every night. They can be scary at times, but most of mine are just plain random and weird. The ones I hate the most are ones that physically affect me after I wake up, or when I dream something and then it comes true the next day or I get reminded of it.

Example, I had a dream one night that I snuck into a blood storage room in a hospital, grabbed a bag, hooked myself up, and drifted away like I was on Nightquil. I looked at the bag, it said, "Hepatitis C positive". I unhooked myself in a very painful manner, ran out screaming, then woke up. I saat on the couch later that morning, looked in the paper, and I saw an ad that said, "Living with Hepatitis C?"

wolfgirl90
09-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Most of the time I know Im dreaing and I can control what I`m doing, but does it count that I can do this when the dream is about anime?

Sure. The only requirements for a lucid dream are that you are aware that you are dreaming and that you are in control in the dream itself. Whether is dream is realistic or about anime is completely up to you (that's what makes lucid dreams interesting:p).

@Velvet_Nightmare: If the dream you described is the type of dream you have almost every night, you are having semi-lucid dreams (albeit very vivid and very strange semi lucid dreams:wacko:). Usually, dreams will affect you after waking up for several reasons but two are the most common:

1. An event around you caused the same event to happen in your dream as you were coming out of REM sleep (usually a person can remember the events that caused them to dream the way they did).
2. A hypnic jerk caused you to wake up when you are coming out of REM sleep (this happens more frequently in people who do not get enough sleep).

Just as a note, a hypnagogic myoclonic twitch (or "hypnic jerk") is a falling sensation experienced by most people after they have fallen asleep. It happens when the brain misinterprets the relaxing of the muscles that happens when you fall asleep. It believes that you are falling down (hence the sensation you get and the "dreams" that can go with them). So, in an attempt to "save" you, it causes your muscles to jerk in order to get you upright. Researchers do not know why the brain behaves this way, as the brain was relaxing and paralysing the muscles in order to PREVENT you from "falling down" in the first place:wacko:! Some people will experience these jerks more than others. People who have not slept well will get them the most, since they can not reach REM sleep (and therefore the paralyses associated with it).

When you come out of REM sleep (whether you were having a lucid dream or not), you can get hypnic jerks also, causing you to "jump" out of a dream (this seems to happen to a lot of people).

loveless girl
10-11-2008, 08:48 PM
i have lucid dreams if i even dream at all because i rarely do but when i do dream i feel like im realy there but when i wake up i dont feel pain from an injury i got in the dream but it just feels so real though most of the time i dont remeber what the dream was about but i do remember small parts that happen usually later on that same week and i think wow..dint i dream that so my life is pretty much a dream to me

Alicaryn Silentread
10-28-2008, 09:38 PM
Well, those people who are having nightmares are obviously not having lucid dreams. You have to be lucid in order to control your dreams. If you have a nightmare, unless you eventually figure out you are having a dream, it can be very difficult to become lucid, as the dream can be be very realistic and vivid to the person having it.

Somewhat unrelated, but those nifty scientists just finished a study saying that those monsters you see in your nightmares are real. Its slightly creepy and I'm almost tempted to dig up the article....

Beezer
10-29-2008, 02:52 AM
I almost never remember my dreams (if i do dream much) but when I do they're usually lucid dreams. i really don't remember too many particulars, just pieces of em.

wowzabunny
10-29-2008, 02:35 PM
Maybe every second night i have a lucid dream.
it are very fun

blueangel06661
10-29-2008, 05:34 PM
My tornadic dreams are very lucid. It's scary. [Tornados = BIGGEST FEAR]

I have a few others that seem awfully real... Like the good ones :]

But most are just a mess and I understand them in my dream.. But when I wake up and think back on it I'm like "....HUH!?!....That makes NO sense"

-----
While were on the topic about dreams. It's also weird how well timed my dreams are. Like if something REALLY good happens. It will wait till the last minutes I have until I have to get up, for that moment to occur. Like it times it perfectly so right after that moment occurs my alarm goes of so I cant see what happens afterwords... :[

zorarock
10-30-2008, 08:41 AM
-----
While were on the topic about dreams. It's also weird how well timed my dreams are. Like if something REALLY good happens. It will wait till the last minutes I have until I have to get up, for that moment to occur. Like it times it perfectly so right after that moment occurs my alarm goes of so I cant see what happens afterwords... :[
ya that is really wierd or when the dream action happenes when the real action (like when someone drops a book in your dreams and as it hits the ground you hear a real thud because someone droped a book in real life)

LadyAmy
10-30-2008, 07:14 PM
Sometimes i have lucid dreams. It's funny how i can control what i'm doing or dreaming . But one thing it's true.. i don't really like having them ' because i'm tired when i go to sleep and when i wake up i'm more tired than before lawl.
But it's a funny experience, i guess. :D

Acnologia
10-30-2008, 07:51 PM
All of my dreams are lucid, and usually consist of me going through a day, though some weird stuff happens. Most of my dreams are very sexual in nature.

Miss Moonlight
10-30-2008, 07:54 PM
I rarely remember my dreams completely, but when I dream, it's always lucid, to the point actually think what happened in the dream actually happened - until I wake up and realize that it was just a dream .. that's been pretty disapointing on a few occasions. On others, it's been a good thing. ;)