PDA

View Full Version : Going to an anime convention and nervous

BloomingSarcasm
08-04-2008, 11:44 PM
I want to make my own Marth costume with the help of my grandmother. I would really appreciate tips for costume making ^^

I am going to SugoiCon Halloween weekend with my friends. I'm really nervous >.> If my costume turns out, I will be a nervous wreck because I'd probably be REALLY popular. I'm REALLY timid and I don't like getting my picture taken Dx that's bad if you're going to an anime convention.

I am also afraid that it will be a convention where a lot of people aren't in cosplay, and I would stand out. (my friend's brother and his friends are going as Akatsuki members though xD)

So please tell me about anime conventions and your past experiences. I don't want to be this nervous Dx

http://www.sugoicon.org/current/news.php

Diocletian
08-05-2008, 12:10 AM
I haven't gone to one,but from the footage my friend gave me it is riveting.Everyone was happy.Just stay level minded and have fun.Don't think too much about things.

Sashikizu
08-05-2008, 01:09 PM
I've been to a small one in my town the last 2 years, and a lot more people than I excepted were in cosplay. And there's no need to worry. Most likely everyone there has the same interests as you, so it'll be easy to talk to others. Hehe. To be honest, I didn't cosplay when I went to Jafax, and I felt like I stood out more than those who cosplayed. LOL

CroSsplay!
08-08-2008, 08:46 AM
You have absolutely nothing to worry about, the thing about cosplay is that you don’t do it for other peoples sake you do it for your own. There for you will have fun.

i went to a normal peoples convention is cosplay (I went with my friends as the 3 main ELITE BEAT AGENTS) and only the nerdest knew who we where (we carried dots with numbers on them it was fantastic fun). But we had fun and that’s all that matters!

Moral of the story, DO IT and dont be Afraid :p

The Rebel
08-09-2008, 10:34 PM
Dude! LOL I suffer anxiety attacks when in crowds by myself. I attended Sakuracon with about 14,000 other people, and lost my friend who went along to keep me from freaking out. I managed 5 hours by myself without a single attack, where he got mad and started freaking out. The whole idea of cosplaying is to NOT be yourself. Just remember, you're not the only one who's going for the first time, or is nervous. And you'd be surprised just how easy the picture thing is when you forget you are you, and remember you are someone else. If that makes any sense. Just remember, everyone there is there for the anime, it's all about anime. So go, cut loose, and have fun.
If ya want more details about my first convention, check my bloggy thingy here at AF.

DokiBox
09-21-2008, 04:45 PM
xD I don't think there are cons where people don't cosplay. And if you stick out, it'll be good actually.
Besides, no need to be nervous! Cons are fun!!

kimura_94
09-21-2008, 05:30 PM
When I went to the Kakkoi con about 1 year ago I was freaking out because i was cosplaying as Yuki from vampire Knight.It'd only been like 15 minutes before i was ambushed by strangers obssesed with anime when everybody kept glomping me and hugging me out of nowhere thats when had a really bad panic attack.I think it took me about 2 years before i cosplayed again without the help of a paper bag to breathe.

Ginji Armano
09-24-2008, 07:39 AM
Don't be nervous, you'll be alright. You might feel a little awkward at first, but you'll get used to everyone looking at you later on. Its quite fun to take photos, actually. Just look out for those fangirls. Hope you'll have fun at your event! All the best!

ai_frostbite
09-24-2008, 11:38 AM
hi!!!!!!
uhhhhh
everyone at my anime club says i look just like tifa...
but i act more like yuffie if you ask me....
^.^
so i am going to cosplay the game version of tifa lockheart.....
but.....
i need some tips on how i should create her costume.....
should i do shorts or a skirt??????
i only have black boots too
T.T
and i ahve the same shirt but the arm stuff confuses me...
T>T
tell me if you have any tips or ideas!!!!
thank you sooooo much!!!
=^.^=

drm0ney
09-24-2008, 11:56 AM
I've been to a small one in my town the last 2 years, and a lot more people than I excepted were in cosplay. And there's no need to worry. Most likely everyone there has the same interests as you, so it'll be easy to talk to others. Hehe. To be honest, I didn't cosplay when I went to Jafax, and I felt like I stood out more than those who cosplayed. LOL

So true. If your not in cosplay you feel weird.

My first con was Sakura Con '08, huge! But everyone was really nice and cool. You shouldn't be worried about going! Cosplay is alot of fun!
And most people will ask if they can take your picture, so if you don't want them to, say you don't feel comfortable with it.

Edit:Where you might feel a little weird is walking around outside of con in cosplay. XD was so cool walking to the hotel and dinner in full out cosplay. SO many odd looks. (i was in a bright orange straightjacket!)

hi!!!!!!
uhhhhh
everyone at my anime club says i look just like tifa...
but i act more like yuffie if you ask me....
^.^
so i am going to cosplay the game version of tifa lockheart.....
but.....
i need some tips on how i should create her costume.....
should i do shorts or a skirt??????
i only have black boots too
T.T
and i ahve the same shirt but the arm stuff confuses me...
T>T
tell me if you have any tips or ideas!!!!
thank you sooooo much!!!
=^.^=

Tip, start a thread for help.

warptolevel7
10-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Don't be nervous, you'll be alright.

Everybody else are dressing up as well!