PDA

View Full Version : How often do you apologize?

Wio
08-03-2008, 12:02 PM
Either you're a complete idiot or you realize that you've done a few insincere things to other people.

How often do you apologize when you do unjust things?

I really don't apologize as much as I should. Many times it is because I fear someone will take it the wrong way. There were even times when I was given an ultimatum by an authority to apologize or be punished and I took the punishment instead. When it comes to small things though, I'll apologize without hesitation.

Beast
08-03-2008, 12:06 PM
I only apologize half the time. The ones I should be apologizing to know what I did was in good reason.

DarkMoonPrince
08-03-2008, 12:06 PM
I rarely apologize, almost never.

Happi Giraffe!
08-03-2008, 12:08 PM
I apoligize in an amount between sometimes and always.

Amray The II
08-03-2008, 12:09 PM
I sarcastically apologize to people in most cases. But that isn't to say that I never say it and actually mean it. It depends what I have done.

Taikyo
08-03-2008, 12:10 PM
Well, I barely apologize now. =A=; I guess, I grew more of a backbone after my last break-up. So instead of apologizing for the small things, like forgetting something, or something like that, I don't even give a too hoot about it. >3>; If I did bump into somebody by accident, ya I apologize, its only my manners. D:
Anything else besides that...nope. <--tries to avoid those situations where you can make a mistake easily.

ladysesshomaru
08-03-2008, 12:12 PM
I often apologize for things that aren't even my fault, but feel its necessary to.
-shrugs-
Maybe its just me, but i need to work on it.
Sometimes saying "i'm sorry" can get on people's nerves. lol

Android 19-90
08-03-2008, 12:13 PM
....But it's TOO late, to apologize...

Wio
08-03-2008, 12:25 PM
....But it's TOO late, to apologize...
Apologizing is admitting that you made a mistake. It isn't and never was meant to fix the problem.

You rarely apologize for something before you do it either.

Amray The II
08-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Apologizing is admitting that you made a mistake. It isn't and never was meant to fix the problem.
You rarely apologize for something before you do it either.

I think that you are going to have to ignore that answer. I think that he thinks he is some kind of game character saying something epic, although the line in which he stated makes no sense.

Apologizing meaningfully does not always make wonders, although atleast it shows the people in which you offended or hurt that you are actually sorry and care for what you have done. Even if they do choose to ignore it.

KazuYuki
well i don't apologize at all because i don't do anything that will cause me to apologize to someone. ok i'm just playing i spend my whole life in school apologizing, i'm basically mean to some of the students in my class. mainly because they deserve it.

Hideki Motosuwa.
I find myself apologizing all the time :( I even apologize for things I didn't even do http://www.animeforum.com/images/icons/icon2.gif Especially to girls ;>> I have a temper and that is usually what makes me apologize to ppl :0

~Zetromis~
08-03-2008, 12:35 PM
I will only apologize if it is I whom is out of place...

Anime Forum
08-03-2008, 12:39 PM
I apologize sometimes. Maybe about half the time and sometimes I don't apologize when I should.

Wio
08-03-2008, 12:47 PM
I think that you are going to have to ignore that answer. I think that he thinks he is some kind of game character saying something epic, although the line in which he stated makes no sense.
You know after I replied I thought that he thought I was apologizing to AF for something... and he wasn't going to accept said apology despite being completely ignorant of the situation.

TheQueenOfAllYaoi
08-03-2008, 01:19 PM
I apologize when I did something bad and what not. BUt when i dont' know the reason on what I need to apologize I wont. when my friend got mad at for an example I didn't know the reason why and I didn't even do anything to her so i just left her be untill she came over and apologized.

Cacodemon
08-03-2008, 01:31 PM
Heh-heh-heh! I never apologize for anything, so eat me!

Kanjoudakai_Ira
08-03-2008, 02:01 PM
Kinda rare. I only apologize when i feel ashamed of something and when i truly am sorry...and that is kinda rare cause i think good before doing stuff or saying them. And...i' m also too proud to admit i' m wrong hehe

DynastyxFell
08-03-2008, 02:25 PM
I apologize all the time, whether I did anything or not. People tell me that it gets annoying. :/

Diocletian
08-03-2008, 02:42 PM
I'll do it for grammatical mistakes or something that I did ona ccident.If it was full conscious than I probably won't say I'm sorry.I did it knowing what I said what diffrence does that make?

I treat EVERYONE fairly.I try my best.Whether it was the president or a bum your equal in my eyes.
You human me human we arr human-Shindo Tokko manga

Inferno Alchemist
08-03-2008, 03:21 PM
Whenever I do something wrong, its usually a mistake so I apologize.

~*Red*~
08-03-2008, 04:13 PM
I apologize all of the time, because I hate hurting people's feelings.

Sailor Mystery
08-03-2008, 04:17 PM
I apologize a lot but, probably not as much as i should because sometimes i know i should but i dont want to.

.Ileaz.
08-03-2008, 04:23 PM
Wow. Hmmmm, never thought of it. Like NEVER. Unless i made them cry or hurt them >>
LOL

Jake-Sama
08-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Everytime I believe I am in the wrong I will say sorry.
Personaly if I did something so bad that I deserve to get my butt kicked I will let it happen. I have before. That was only once though.

Perpetual Specter
08-03-2008, 08:45 PM
If I have been proven wrong or have done something hurtful to someone who didn't deserve it, then I will usually apologize and mean it, as I do have a conscience. I apologize when I feel the need to or think it's right thing to do. If I don't feel that way, I just don't apologize and move on or, although very rare, give an obviously sarcastic apology.

MissAstaire
08-03-2008, 09:21 PM
Online? Alot.
In real life? Probably not nearly as often as I should. haha

winry13
08-03-2008, 10:18 PM
I don't apologize alot. Only if I feel that I have hurt someones feelings or if I got mad at a the person for no apparent reason. Than there are the times I'll just apologize but it won't be a sincere apology.

Acnologia
08-03-2008, 10:25 PM
I apologize for everything.

Eikoseisui
08-04-2008, 01:56 AM
I apologize only when I really need to. If I've really hurt someone, then I'll apologize right away. If I'm fighting with a friend or family member, it might take a while, but I'm usually the first to apologize.

ThunderBird
08-04-2008, 02:06 AM
I only apologize to those I don't hate/annoy me, in other words, I only apologize 2 or 3 times a year, only because I'm intentionally being mean to a few handful of people. Maybe I should apologize to them... or maybe not

███
08-04-2008, 07:54 AM
I don't often do the wrong thing. I am usually very careful. I can only recall maybe a couple of times that I have treated previous ex girlfriends unfairly. Other times I can't remember doing something wrong since I was about 15.

.fnhvmnvmv
08-07-2008, 09:13 AM
~I apologize as much as I should, too...

norrlandsguld
08-07-2008, 12:15 PM
i don't really like trouble sooo.
i apologize a lot but when someone really gets to piss me off badly
i'll cuss on them :l

blueangel06661
08-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Depending on who, I say it a lot.

But I say "Thank You" after nearly EVERYTHING... My mom gets onto me for it since I say it so much

Eris
08-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Never. Apologizing for your actions is utterly pointless, and based on the dubious concept that you could somehow have done different given the same exact circumstances.

zorarock
08-07-2008, 01:14 PM
WAY TO MUCH!! every other word practicly

law~
08-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Almost never....
Just when I'm sure I did something wrong >.> which rarely happens :D

Lawlietth's so perfect <.<

International 4-8818
08-07-2008, 01:56 PM
I am usually an apologetic guy. Kinda my Achilles's heal. Sometimes i apologize for stuff i have not done. I guess i just appease to people's feelings to resolve things at a cost of my own dignity. Oh well.

Midnight's Stargazer
08-07-2008, 03:05 PM
I only apologize when I realize that I've done wrong or when I feel that I must but other than that you'll never hear I'm sorry come from me.

.Lovebeat
08-07-2008, 03:11 PM
I think I just apologize too much... Sometimes it bothers me if I don't apologize, so I apologize. Even if it isn't needed.

I'm definitely not a why-should-I-apologize-person. xD

laelia_irish_maelle
08-07-2008, 06:04 PM
every time i see someone's upset about what I'd said or what I've done...

Mmmmmmmmmm
08-07-2008, 08:03 PM
No because they usually deserve what they got. If it was accident, I don't really care.

Mysterium
08-07-2008, 09:53 PM
I say sorry all the time for accidently running into people or stuff like that but when it comes to saying sorry for important stuff I have harder time getting the words out.

harakiri
08-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Heh I have an annoying habbit of saying sorry even when whatever happened wasn't my fault. Some girl accidently hit me and I almost said sorry to her (She did apologize to me).

ziezmic
08-07-2008, 10:42 PM
not often only when something is unintentional if its not and someone starts trouble i more then willing to fight for what i believe in

Haoie
08-08-2008, 04:49 AM
I never apologize.

I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.

poison.ivy
08-08-2008, 05:47 AM
I sometimes have a problem with admitting my mistakes or that I was wrong [who doesn't?], but I try my best to apologize when I need to. The hardest person to apologize to is my mum because it hurts me to hurt her for acting stupid the most. :/

However, when it comes to smaller things like everyday life, I always apologize, even if I don't really have to. I feel so bad when I do something like spilling coffee all over my friend... Twice. >.< I felt bad for that whole day, I bought her a new coffee and a candy. :3 And said I'm so sorry for like 150 times, eventually she was pissed and told me to knock it off, or else. xD

Zainox
08-08-2008, 07:16 AM
I apologize a fair bit.

Strawberry Kisses
08-08-2008, 08:52 AM
Most of the times

dream magician
08-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Everyday,at night when i'm praying, just before i go to sleep.

Masali
08-08-2008, 09:46 AM
I never apologize for my actions. I obviously did what I did for a reason that benefit me in some way and to have the audacity to make me say "Oh I wish we could do that again or I wouldn't have steamrolled over your grandma's face to get a million dollars she was standing on". What you do doesn't ever need to be justified to anyone but yourself, therefore the only person you're ever allowed to apologize to is yourself, and since I love me, I always accept my own apology, the one I never make since I never require it, since if you're not sure of something you probably shouldn't be doing it in the first place thus making an apology to you or anyone necessary.

I know my points where all over the map there but I went to bed at 5 and just woke up so I haven't slept much and my head hurts ):

toibuster
08-08-2008, 10:10 AM
LoL I say it all the time I don't know why I just do!!

mikadzuki
08-08-2008, 11:40 AM
I apologize as often as necessary. Perhaps even a little bit more. Sometimes, I even apologize to inanimate objects xP

Gizoku
08-08-2008, 10:56 PM
Depends on what I did and to whom.
I say sorry when I feel like a burden to other people, and in public places when I step on the heel of somebody's shoes etc. <--- But I say it really quietly so it makes me seem like a jackass. xD I don't mean to do it.

Ωmega
08-08-2008, 11:02 PM
I never apologize.

I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.
=D! You just apologized ;3

And I have to agree with Masali to an extent. I usually dont apologize because I have reason for my actions, however there are times where I accidentally do things and then apologize for those actions.

Ollie
08-08-2008, 11:42 PM
I usually don't apologize because I don't do things that require apologizing. I do things intentionally, and the results are expected.

For big things, anyway. Little things (like forgetting to do this or that or whatever) I apologize for because they're little errors, and it's easier to say "Sorry I forgot to bring you _______ like I said I would, I forgot" than to argue over not having the extra 5 minutes to do it.

Sasuke_Cat
08-09-2008, 05:39 PM
I rarely apologize, almost never

╬Karami Mew~Meow
08-09-2008, 08:04 PM
I apologize a lot .. But not as much as I was little. I even apologize even though I was the one stepped on -.-' I think I still do that now ...a few times X_X;

Froggydude
08-10-2008, 06:50 AM
Often, im a polite / oo \dude. : D and often becoz i do stupid things a lot xD

Evockzi
08-10-2008, 11:51 AM
If saying "I'm sorry" when I get in someones way counts as apologizing... then Alot.... Probably 20+ times day.

Sagat
08-10-2008, 12:42 PM
It is a little hard to apologize when I am incapable of any wrongs.

Jerry Pie
08-10-2008, 12:54 PM
I have trouble apologizing at times. Its hard because I can't just let it out. I always have to win the fight and when I do it makes me feel better. So, I can't say sorry at times unless someone forces it out of me.
Though, a casual sorry for running into someone is the only thing I will apologize for.

SSDynamite
08-10-2008, 12:58 PM
I say sorry subconsciously for little things, like knocking into someone. I never usually do anything that needs apologizing for.

FierceFeli.
08-10-2008, 04:14 PM
I apologize as often as I should. Whenever I hurt someone or make something bad.

sataned
08-10-2008, 05:46 PM
APOLOGIZING! is FOR the weak!! Girls and Asians!!!
REGRET NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!! :badrazz:

Finvarra
08-10-2008, 05:53 PM
About as many times as I do those unjust things.

DeeviousDemon
08-10-2008, 06:06 PM
I apologize when i bump into people...etc...when it is needed and courtesy than yea but not like all the time...example for when i dont apologize: sorry that it rains today ( ha i aint the weather fairy...) lol

MomijiTMO
08-15-2008, 05:30 AM
When I was a kid and very insecure, I would apologise a gazzilion times when I hurt someone. Holy hell I must have been so annoying.

rEikAbLeU
08-15-2008, 06:28 AM
i apologize most of the time...
especially if i know i did something wrong...
^_^

Ramona Flowers
08-15-2008, 11:01 AM
Rarely, but it depends on who its towards. Actually, I'm only too stubborn and proud to say sorry to a select few, for those a really care about and don't have this weird issue with I have no problem apologizing. I will not say I'm sorry to comfort someone/mom or to make the problem go away. Lying is lying, and I wont accept her fake *** apologies either.

nolarboot
08-15-2008, 11:07 AM
I apologize like every five seconds, whether I need to or not. I feel like I did something stupid, and I'll say, "I'm sorry, sorry, I'm sorry."

I apologize WAY too much. Often I want to, but sometimes I'll find myself doing it by accident! =P

Kami6669
08-15-2008, 12:30 PM
I never apologize because I rarely do something for me to apologize.

Diocletian
08-20-2008, 07:46 PM
I never apologize for my actions. I obviously did what I did for a reason that benefit me in some way and to have the audacity to make me say "Oh I wish we could do that again or I wouldn't have steamrolled over your grandma's face to get a million dollars she was standing on". What you do doesn't ever need to be justified to anyone but yourself, therefore the only person you're ever allowed to apologize to is yourself, and since I love me, I always accept my own apology, the one I never make since I never require it, since if you're not sure of something you probably shouldn't be doing it in the first place thus making an apology to you or anyone necessary.

I know my points where all over the map there but I went to bed at 5 and just woke up so I haven't slept much and my head hurts ):

Dang your expensive!I'll do it for 100 thou.

~Kaiya~
08-26-2008, 12:22 AM
I really don't apologize as often as i should >.> Its actually a really rare thing >.> I'm not a bad person don't get me wrong ^^; but when people accuse me of doing something wrong, i'm just more the type to explain the situation instead of apologizing. Maybe i'm weak on the inside and haven't faced it yet XD.

Sanosuke23
08-26-2008, 01:47 AM
I apologize when I've made a mistake and it's been brought to my attention. By doing so I openly admit that I'm flawed, which makes me roughly 2% more endearing to my target demographic.

I will not, however, apologize for any actions or statements made from a moral standpoint. I am open to changing my beliefs, but I will not apologize for believing in them.

That conviction shows I have a strong emotional base, making me appear 15% more dependable and 7.255% more masculine to my target demographic.