PDA

View Full Version : do you enjoy making sigs?

&SakuraYumi
08-03-2008, 10:24 AM
So earlier I made my cousin a sig. and i actually enjoyed making her one.

But I really would want you opinion on it.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll243/luvvelybear/annassig-1.jpg

Do you think she'll like it? :(

KP4
08-03-2008, 10:28 AM
This really should be in the signature and avatar part of the forum if you want to ask how your siggy is.

But for the question. Yeah it is. It is a lot of work sometimes but working on it and looking at the finished product is fun.

As for the signature, it's pretty good. I like the text. It's really unique and so is the signature itself. I think she'll like it. It looks nice ^^.

Amray The II
08-03-2008, 10:51 AM
To answer the question; I don't really know.

It is not exactly a barrel full of extreme fun for me because I tend to just look for a decent/cute/hot/interesting image and then crop and resize it. I'm no expert I'm afraid, but it is something that I can live without anyway.

If your cousin is a nice and gentle person then ofcourse she'll love it. If she is stubborn and mean then I am sure she will find something to complain about on it but then use it anyway. Nice work.

Aulos
08-03-2008, 05:04 PM
I used to enjoy making signatures a lot, but my interest has died down within the past few years or so. Probably because I've only had demos of CS2 and CS3 and I only have Elements, myself. The last good ones I made were the Bassoon one I'm using right now and a clarinet one. (a lot like the bassoon one.)

As for your question, I wouldn't know... But I think the text is pretty awesome.

Diocletian
08-03-2008, 05:16 PM
Since I'm not the BEST at making sigs and A's,I can't complain.It's good.I lost PS sadly on my old computer.

~*Red*~
08-03-2008, 06:35 PM
I used to like making sigs, but since mum took GIMP 2.4 off our PC to free up space, I've lost interest in making them.

Jose
08-03-2008, 07:16 PM
This really should be in the signature and avatar part of the forum if you want to ask how your siggy is.

Agreed, [maybe maru will move it forher] well you never told us anything about your cousin to star out with, how are we to know if she will like if you never tell they liked, overall the sig is cute and if you they care about you then will like regardless of the end result because you took the time to make it. As the old saying goes, it's the thought that counts =/

DeeviousDemon
08-03-2008, 07:22 PM
I love making sigs.....takes my mind off of things...i'm more relaxed when i do em..i use cs3...awsome programme cant live without...but i think your sig is unique and the txt is nice too...she'll love it i'm sure :P

DarkMoonPrince
08-03-2008, 07:25 PM
I like making sigs, But I need something better than GIMP, help me

Jose
08-03-2008, 07:27 PM
I like making sigs, But I need something better than GIMP, help me

Why would you need anything better than GIMP?

My mom paid 600 bucks for Photoshop CS3 and i don't even use it at all [other than using the extraction filter] after that, I save the file and just use GIMP, I like GIMP alot more, their layout is much better [IMO] but if you really want an upgrade I say go with CS2 not CS3.

furtong
08-03-2008, 07:28 PM
i like making sigs so much that i just finished a new one =]
its nice of you to make something for your cousin ^^

DeeviousDemon
08-03-2008, 07:31 PM
yup this is off topic but yea i'd totally say if u cant afford cs3, cs2 is pretty much the same...different layout yes...but all the brushes and effects are customizable and downloadable. But I used to use gimp...the things u can do with photoshop are a few classes better though...but thats my opinion :) aaaand anyone who needs cs3 pm me i'll help out :)

Konata Izumi
08-04-2008, 03:42 AM
I do enjoy signature making though I'm more into icon/avatar making.
I think it's quite nice and simplistic but it's all a matter of taste really.

bluewolfjelly
08-04-2008, 03:46 AM
I like it if I can make good ones.
If I can't it's just frustrating.
I like to see what other ppl come up with though.

MoroDashi
08-04-2008, 05:34 AM
I think this will moved to the Signatures and Avatar thread.
But uh- To answer your question. I don't know if she will like it. Because i'm not her. But yeah- It's good.

Famahama
08-04-2008, 06:15 AM
Yes, but is it useful?

Not by a long-shot.

Amray The II
08-04-2008, 06:37 AM
This thread is a good example of what Wio explained in my discussion thread.

"This topic should be moved....but to answer your question.." all the way down.

███
08-04-2008, 07:26 AM
I find signatures are useless, whenever I find one that matches their avatar, colour of the font etc. I can't help but think "Try Hard".

Of course if it's just a random funny picture then by all means, that's a good idea.

But no, I hate making signatures.

IchigoKiss
08-04-2008, 08:26 AM
It depens actually sometimes it is sometimes it isn't

Aleyna
08-11-2008, 11:05 AM
I liked the text you used in that signature.
I like making signatures when I have the time too.
It feels like I don't anymore.
Good thing I'm going into web design when I get into college in a year though.

Petrol Gas
08-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Nah, I don't really like making sigs. I -do- like making pictures on the computer though (like the one in my sig now). Just I never felt like I understood what people wanted in sigs. Obviously, I got some of it, but never enough to be classy about it.

SSDynamite
08-11-2008, 01:00 PM
I love making sigs ^^ I can sit for hours just getting more and more frustrated with photoshop and still enjoy myself. I like making sigs because... well I don't know really, it's just something I like doing.

Also, I'm sure your cousin will love the one you made her. Though if you want more advice the siggy forum is a good place to go :]