PDA

View Full Version : Violent Attack in Canada

Vasarian
08-01-2008, 08:25 AM
I don't know if any of you hear this story that happened 2 days ago here in Canada, but it's a totally horrible story. Basically, a man stabbed about 40 times another man in a bus, for what's looking for now for absolutly no reasons and vut is head off... all this in front of horrified passangers

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americas/07/31/canada.bus/index.html

It is not written in this article but I heard on my local tv news that the killer walked in bus with the head of the guy...

Those kind of things make me wonder if our society is really become more and more violent but more is those "no reasons" attcks way...

sataned
08-01-2008, 08:31 AM
dam this is some crazy shizznitz...
crazy mofo decapitated his enemy! wooT!!!! i wouldve just gone for the scalp but damned this guy took the whole head lol ...

Dxon
08-01-2008, 09:31 AM
Our society doesn't become more violent. I think it's just that the media pays more and more attention to these kind of things. There are enough people like that who deserve to die because of the plain reason that they are psycho.

Xieshunnuan
08-01-2008, 09:35 AM
O.o.... whoa that's kinda freaky.... ( I think I'll just walk next time) Yaa not in Canada but.....still in the ghetto ._.

Sagat
08-01-2008, 09:46 AM
Yeah, I wrote about that in my blog. I've taken that route several times when I used Greyhound to go back on leave, and from here (Petawawa/Ottawa) to there, the Brandon/Winnipeg terminals are without a doubt the sketchiest, dirtiest ones. I remember the second time I used Greyhound to head back home, all was will till we hit Dirtypeg, where upon going out for a smoke, watched some homeless girl shaking and convulsing and had another guy explain to me she was freaking out from a coke trip.

But still, something like this in Canada? Though it can happen anywhere, it's just the sheer violence of the crime that's taken the nation by surprise.

The killer more than likely has serious psychological issues (schizophrenia etc) and it would not surprise me if he has a known history of such issues, but due to our overworked, understaffed, improperly funded and managed revolving door healthcare system, as opposed to being institutionalized he was simply handed a few bottles of pills and shown the door.

But we'll see where this takes us. CTV/CBC has been covering it non stop so things will come to light once the RCMP releases some more details.

Amray The II
08-01-2008, 09:48 AM
That is discusting. So was the report. The man was only sound-asleep, and this fool goes and does that. Not to mention he was only 19 years of age. That is psychotic and sickening. Why on earth was a he carrying a large butches knife around anyway? On a bus of all places too. I suppose he was just insane.

Mmmmmmmmmm
08-01-2008, 11:23 AM
It's not surprising. People do that. No idea why. They're insane, obviously. It makes you wonder what the world will be like in a decade.

Wio
08-01-2008, 11:29 AM
And all you eco-nazis want me to ride your bus because my car has too much exhaust?

NUH-UH. Are you out of your freakin' mind?

Jake-Sama
08-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Yay for eco-nazis!
jk
Anyways people like that go off now and then, but this is kind of shocking.... but only a little.

Happi Giraffe!
08-01-2008, 11:44 AM
I hear many stories similar to this about crazy murders and stuff. It's a shame that we have those kind of people living among us.

poison.ivy
08-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Well, this was rather disturbing. Unfortunately, things like that happen too often. And someone's surprised with my misanthropy. -.-

Wio
08-01-2008, 11:56 AM
Well, this was rather disturbing. Unfortunately, things like that happen too often. And someone's surprised with my misanthropy. -.-
Get this: If you buy your own car, and pay for your own gas, then it never happens. The only exception is to those who open their passengerside door and let a random stranger enter, as if their car were a public transit.

Ramona Flowers
08-01-2008, 12:38 PM
That is scary. I recently took greyhound for the first time, and by myself. I was nervous at first and one of my bestfriends would not let me leave without pepper spray, he even bought it for me but was still worried about me. But after the first bus exchange I was pretty relaxed and never needed the pepper spray, infact I met some really cool people. Just thinking about what could have happened creeps me out, but I always figured if something did go wrong it'd be off the bus, never on it..

~freaked out~

I don't think I'll ever take greyhound again ._.

Perpetual Specter
08-01-2008, 05:43 PM
I read about this in M Bison's blog already. It's pretty gruesome I'll admit. The man was a psychopath in my opinion. It seemed a bit unusual for something like that to happen in Canada, but the media may not report these kind of incidents as much up there.

Sagat
08-01-2008, 05:49 PM
I read about this in M Bison's blog already. It's pretty gruesome I'll admit. The man was a psychopath in my opinion. It seemed a bit unusual for something like that to happen in Canada, but the media may not report these kind of incidents as much up there.

No, trust me, this is really unusual for this country. Not the fact that the guy was crazy or whatnot, just the brutality of the murder.

CapnJack
08-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Makes me wonder if this was some cult thing in relation to the Solar eclipse that was going to happen exactly 12 hours later almost exactly 1000 miles north of Portage la Prairie in the artic. o.O

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=76639

Diocletian
08-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Only in Canada...oh,wait AMERICA HAS PSYCHOS TOO!Canada has one of these every other century.Back in America a "misunderstood kid"just walks into the mall and kills popular people.I assume this guy saw too much School Days and cut heads.

Eris
08-01-2008, 06:47 PM
No, trust me, this is really unusual for this country. Not the fact that the guy was crazy or whatnot, just the brutality of the murder.

Indeed, this guy seems pretty smalltime next to the likes of Robert Pickton.

I'm guessing from the brutality that this guy had a psychotic episode.

Aleyna
08-02-2008, 12:08 AM
Sounds like he has a neurological brain problem.

Haoie
08-02-2008, 04:01 AM
Old news.

It's a media circus.

Ollie
08-02-2008, 04:13 AM
Get this: If you buy your own car, and pay for your own gas, then it never happens. The only exception is to those who open their passengerside door and let a random stranger enter, as if their car were a public transit.
It's reasonable to assume you are completely safe in your own car until someone decides to open the door or break the window and jump in with you.

Just the same as it's reasonable to assume you should be safe on a commonly-used public transport system until the guy sitting next to you decides to have some fun with you using a knife he had with him.

Point: "never" should be used sparingly.