PDA

View Full Version : Digital art.

SSDynamite
07-24-2008, 03:58 PM
1. This took me forever, but here it is! My Ichigo. I used photoshop and created the blocks of colours using the pen tool.
Hopefully I'll do some more stuff like this and upload it for everyone :)

2. The yet-to-be-completed vectoring of Cell from DBZ. It took me a couple of hours last night and a bit this morning. I'm going to carry on with the body but it might take a while, so I thought I'd update it :] It's half the size that I've been working at it on (1000x1500) but I'll put the full size completed version on when it's ready.

Taikyo
07-24-2008, 04:24 PM
not bad vector artwork there. Tho, it would be nice if you had a lineart with it. Trust me, it'll look better. XD

Otosu
07-24-2008, 05:12 PM
I like it! Ah, the beauties of photoshop.

SSDynamite
07-25-2008, 06:48 AM
not bad vector artwork there. Tho, it would be nice if you had a lineart with it. Trust me, it'll look better. XD

Yeah, I was tempted to put in more detail around the ears and stuff, but never convinced myself to do it. Would you use the pen tool to create the line shapes? Or do something else?
I'm not exactly a veteran at vectors, heck, I didn't even know what they were until last week.

But thanks everyone for commenting on it :) *appreciated*

SSDynamite
08-25-2008, 05:12 PM
I've done a Naruto vector. The attcthments are:
The original artwork
The coloured vector
The line art

Taikyo
08-25-2008, 05:52 PM
Yeah, I was tempted to put in more detail around the ears and stuff, but never convinced myself to do it. Would you use the pen tool to create the line shapes? Or do something else?
I'm not exactly a veteran at vectors, heck, I didn't even know what they were until last week.

But thanks everyone for commenting on it :) *appreciated*

The pen tool all the way! D8
Then I add some patterns on low opacity to give it some texture.

If you're going to color a manga scan, its best if its a very clean one, then just separate the lines from the white background. If you're too lazy, then leave the picture on Multiply and color it regularly.

Keep in mind about the colors you use when coloring digitally. :3 Shadows (if already have black, its ok) use 3 colors, always working with the warm. <--- warm colors are pretty easy to use and a lot of people use it.
NEVER USE THE BURN TOOL OR DODGE TOOL TO COLOR THE SKIN! D: I only use that for the hair. Use the smudge tool for the first 2 shadow colors then a blur tool for the last.

The skin is the hardest for me, since it takes me forever to figure out how to go about coloring it. Don't know if it'll be different for you.

SSDynamite
08-28-2008, 10:02 AM
Here's my new line art. It's another Naruto. It's at 25% here.
I think I'm going to make a wall out of it.

Oh btw, I haven't finished the details of the scroll yet. So it's not fully complete.

poison.ivy
08-29-2008, 03:51 PM
Damn, you're fast. =O

Lovely works, very nice. I'm no Photoshop expert so I can't really give any useful C&C, but I really like your coloring and shading abilities. My fav so far is Ichigo, as the colors and everything are so wonderfully blended and it really looks great. Keep up the good work, but... slow down a bit, it's not healthy! xD

Brewmaster
08-31-2008, 08:50 AM
Woah you rock. o_o
Hope you finish the Cell pic it seems really good.
Naruto ones are nice as well.Jeez i wish id know more so i could make things like that. ;_; Keep up the good work there!!