PDA

View Full Version : ~30 Seconds to mars

.fnhvmnvmv
07-20-2008, 11:56 PM
~Created in 1998 by Jared Leto and his brother, Shannon, 30 Seconds to Mars began as a small family project. Things began to speed up quickly, and Matt Wachter later joined the band as bassist and keyboard player. After working with small revolving door of guitarists (as the band's first two guitarists, Kevin Drake and Solon Bixler, left the band due to issues primarily related to touring), the three auditioned Tomo Miličević to round out the band's roster.
According to an interview from Virgin Records (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_Records), the band's name

"actually comes from a thesis that the band found online that was written by a former Harvard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvard_University) professor. And one of the subsections of the thesis was titled 'thirty seconds to mars' and he goes on to talk about the exponential growth of technology that relates to humans and saying that we are quite literally thirty seconds to mars. What it means to us is, we thought it best described our music, in short."

The band's debut album 30 Seconds to Mars (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/30_Seconds_to_Mars_%28album%29), produced by Bob Ezrin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Ezrin), was released in 2002 to mixed reviews and achieved sales of just over 100,000. The album produced two singles, Capricorn (A Brand New Name) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capricorn_%28A_Brand_New_Name%29) and Edge of the Earth (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edge_of_the_Earth). The former peaked at #31 on the U.S. Mainstream Rock (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mainstream_Rock_Tracks) chart.

(source: Wikipedia)

What do you think about 30 sec. 2 mars?

Jared Leto:

http://jlczgallery.jl.funpic.de/albums/From%20Yesterday/bscap0233.jpg

sataned
07-21-2008, 03:59 AM
great band ;D
and im no homo but id do him lol...

law~
07-21-2008, 04:16 AM
mmh.. hi ^^

I don't really like them ( but I like very much The Kill video <3 which resembles The Shinning XD which is a movie [haven't read the book] I get to loooove)

his eyes are pretty cute ^^

Otosu
07-25-2008, 12:14 AM
I used to own their debut album (but lost it, shame and dishonor!)

I love 30 Seconds to Mars, although their newer work is not as good as their first CD.

And Jared Leto is a beautiful human being.

Hotscout44
07-25-2008, 05:49 PM
Theyre MAD AS lol (mad is a terminology for cool in australia) love theyre film clips and theyre songs havea beat i cant get out of my head

poison.ivy
07-25-2008, 05:59 PM
JARED LETO IS HAWT. He dresses up cool, he wears make-up and has a bearable voice. Yummy. And the band itself is not bad at all. ;D I like "Beautiful Lie" a lot.

EDIT: Can't believe I actually MISSED my 1,000th post! >.< Baka!!

.fnhvmnvmv
09-09-2008, 06:13 AM
~*laugh* lol I think Jared is the main reason why 30stM have got female fans XD okay mostly...^^

Kibagami
09-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Pretty decent band and good early productions. Ladies fall at Jared's feet most of the time...Some men can still do that in these modern times LOL^^

DarkMoonPrince
09-09-2008, 10:38 AM
I think they're good, considering i'm into that type of music.

LiLi.
09-10-2008, 10:46 AM
Gawd, amazing band. Love the song 'From Yesterday' *_______*;

ai_frostbite
09-10-2008, 11:22 AM
gorgous eyes

.fnhvmnvmv
09-11-2008, 08:02 AM
Pretty decent band and good early productions. Ladies fall at Jared's feet most of the time...Some men can still do that in these modern times LOL^^
~Right! exactly XD

LadyAmy
10-03-2008, 04:13 PM
I just like 2 songs of them.. savoir and a beautiful lie.. but i think they are a "nice" band.

.Lovebeat
10-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Thought I had already replied to this thread. o.o

I think 30stm is okay. I used to like them a lot after I heard the Kill, but when I listened to all their songs from that whatever album my admiration kind of died. Songs weren't as good as I expected ): and some music videos were rather overplayed this one vacation (I think it was winter) so I started to get even more tired of them.

They're not bad. I like some songs and Jared's voice (at least studio voice, haven't heard live).

AriilovesGoku
10-12-2008, 08:24 PM
30 seconds to mars is my favorite band *________________*!
The ROCK
=D
Jared leto *_*
I love his eyes *-*!
anyways =D
my fav song of them is From Yesterday =D

Dr. Hax
10-12-2008, 08:48 PM
I would rather smash as many albums as possible and then piss on the fragments than listen to this sorry excuse for music. Men with styled hair really aren't attractive and girls are pathetic for falling for the members of bands from the past two decades.

I mean c'mon. Leto's eyes are not the best thing in the world. Get over your delusional fantasies and wild dreams and get with reality you mindless twits.

Atziluth
10-24-2008, 08:20 AM
Thanks to virtue of a spammer, I don't feel so bad about necromancing this thread! Actually, I should check what the rules are on necromancing..:mellow: Sorry if it's too much.

Well, sort of.

Buddha for Mary is a great song. Degenerate, he purrs well, and I like his voice. I don't find him all that attractive. I also don't find music elitism all that attractive.

I'm a weird one, I know.

I think there's four or so songs out of all that I'll listen to..

Edge of the Earth
Buddha for Mary
A Beautiful Lie
Fallen

Oh, I like The Kill, too, it's just been a bit of an auditory rape from the radio stations.

Emo_Fox
11-05-2008, 02:46 AM
Gawd, amazing band. Love the song 'From Yesterday' *_______*;

i totally agree on u that song is cool i luv it

Tsunami_the_Ice_Wolf
11-12-2008, 12:14 PM
BEST BAND IN THE WORLD!!!

I'm a HUGE fan of 30STM.

Jared is frikkin hot, but he needs to shave his beard now, loll. (watch the MTV awards that were on Nov. 6 in Liverpool. Go to YT)

My favorite song by them (and EVER) is The Kill.
I know all there songs though. Pretty much by memory, too. ^^

ManTaip
12-12-2008, 11:42 AM
I kinda like them. There are some songs i like and there are some songs that i hate, but overall, i like them. Although Jared does a little too much screaming, the beat is nice.
And i don't care what people can say, he IS hot. And he isn't stupid either <3
;p

_ʚϊɞ_x°Strαbısmus°x_ʚϊɞ_
12-24-2008, 08:29 AM
Not a huge fan but i really like the song "Beautiful lie" because once i saw a tribute made to my favorite character and my dream man "Mitsunari ishida ":love:(hes a character from a ps2 game called sengoku musou 2 ..those who dun know :D) using this song.......thats the first time i heard that song actually....O_O:D

Dr. Hax
12-24-2008, 09:29 AM
This thread is still up? I thought this thread would die just like the band members and their fans.

Listening to a whiny piece of crap makes my ears bleed profusely. That's exactly why I take a liking to wrecking people who like that.

kakashiskitty
12-24-2008, 10:22 AM
i think they are a realy good band >_<

and i like their music vids

.Miki~
01-27-2009, 08:25 PM
i sen them in concert a few years ago w/ a friend, i'm not crazily obsessed but his eyes are better in person xD.. we got J-letoand S-leto's autograph, i made small talk w/them, and meh buddy nearly fell over

Saikoro
01-27-2009, 08:38 PM
As a man, I am not afraid to say that Jared Leto is a sexy man. Were I gay, I would totally be in love with him. His voice is great, Yes, his eyes are beautiful, and the band's music is wondrous.

I;ve been into them for a few years now, I've yet to get tired of them, which is good, because I go through music like tampons.

Bloodiedcrescent666
03-26-2009, 10:09 PM
I wouldnt say that he isnt cute. Because of the makeup and stuff. I happen to love their song The kill. I find it to be a very intresting song. Haha. I even sing with the lyrics sometimes. lol.

ReSecret
04-23-2009, 09:40 AM
When I heard The Kill for the first time I thought it was "oke", but as said before I also believe that Jared is the main reason of their succes even though he can't sing...

Bad Guy
05-07-2009, 06:08 PM
Whenever I hear the chorus to "Beautiful Lie" I get major goosebumps,haha. I'm not gay..swears it. lol.

.Tatty.
05-22-2009, 08:40 AM
theyve made some great music

for this they have my luff

the kill is possibly my favorite song by them

hard to choose between that and "only yesterday"

High Risk
05-23-2009, 09:50 AM
I was never much of a fan of 30 Seconds to Mars. I have, however, had a few friends who were fans of them so eh, whatever. Got a little tired of them because 2 or 3 years ago they kept playing that one song on the radio. Guh.

Yukino X
05-26-2009, 07:53 PM
They were a great band. I liked them but last year my friend told me that they broke up. Still, their songs weren't bad.

Dr. Evil
05-27-2009, 09:28 AM
Good band but not amazing. I wouldn't rush out to buy the new album but I'd probably sample it on iTunes before downloading it. I like they're song "The Kill" but its probably their most popular anyway.

Aysu
05-31-2009, 08:25 AM
I love them.^^
They are sooo gorjus. I think and the solist one is actor too I think.

Aysu
05-31-2009, 08:33 AM
I love them.^^
They are sooo gorjus. I think and the solist one is actor too I think.

xXKisekiXx
06-17-2009, 05:19 PM
my friends and I were obsessed with 30secondstomars when we were 12 years old or so (maybe 11),
it got so bad and so obsessive my user name for youtube is 30secondstoyesterday O-O
and my url for myspace is ilyjared leto O_O
and im a guy O_O so yeah
NOTE: THAT WAS MY OLD URL I DELETED IT :P

Sparda
06-19-2009, 03:39 AM
I like this band, the music is great!

Legend of the Twilight
06-19-2009, 06:46 PM
I find their music to be generic teenage emo music. They sound almost identical to many of the bands in that genre. No originality, no thanks.

Lordwindowlicker
06-19-2009, 06:58 PM
They're the worst kind of popular trash.

kurai_cho2
07-10-2009, 07:28 PM
OMG!!!! I really like 30 seconds to mars!!!!!!!! especially when they sing 'from yesterday'... that's awesome when I saw the video of this song ^^

toxic tea
07-10-2009, 08:23 PM
A very good band, and they were my favorite a couple of years ago(:

Erisa
07-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Never heard of them until now
But i'll look them up!