PDA

View Full Version : Mabinogi - Fantasy Life

IniX
07-20-2008, 10:52 AM
Ever heard of Mabinogi? No? You should have.
This, in my opinion, is THE best MMORPG available. You can literally do anything. Like being a musician? Here's your chance to use a unique 'sheet music' system to compose your own music and play it in-game! Want to be a cook? Well then, get your cooking tools ready because the food you can make in-game can heal, make you fat, or even give a special cut-scene effect on how delicious it is! Of course you can also be a hero, hunting down monsters, doing life-saving quests and raiding the dungeons.
The English version (http://mabinogi.nexon.net), however, is only available for North America. I play on the Taiwanese version (http://www.animeforum.com/tw.mabinogi.gamania.com/) with an English community. The game truly is amazing and I highly suggest you try it out!

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2879/mabinogi200604120047dh.jpg

http://www.4gamer.net/shots/mabinogi/img/mabinogi_001.jpg

http://www.4gamer.net/shots/mabinogi/img/mabinogi_018.jpg

cptkelly
07-20-2008, 11:30 AM
it looks interesting:D

Aki_Saku
07-20-2008, 12:37 PM
Oh, I loved that game! I spent sooo much time playing it a few months ago, but it eventually got kind of old. I want to play it now, though... Maybe I'll download it again... ^_^

IniX
07-22-2008, 11:32 AM
Oh, I loved that game! I spent sooo much time playing it a few months ago, but it eventually got kind of old. I want to play it now, though... Maybe I'll download it again... ^_^
Dang you, north Americans! Host me a proxy so I can play too! :ninja:

Diocletian
07-22-2008, 11:42 AM
It looks better on Shonen Jump.

Evockzi
07-23-2008, 12:52 AM
I tryed it briefly in beta but that was when I was still gaming hardcore which this game isn't obviously.. Might be a good game for me now to screw around in.

Amulet Heart
07-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Oh WOW! It looks like so much fun!! ~Jumps up and down.~ I wish add this to my MUST PLAY list!

Flame Haze
08-09-2008, 12:07 AM
I play Mabinogi from time to time. The only thing that really gets to me is the major lag.

And that my friends in other countries can't play with me. Other than that, it's a fun game with lots to do.

The Nightingale
08-23-2008, 03:43 PM
Mabinogi is a great game xD Though I dunt like the way the money system works. I have a character anmed Kaeyena, lvl 15 I think?

Ryuuzaki Neko
09-21-2008, 04:26 PM
I liked it at first, but that only lasted like a month till I quit. lol

Would have been better though, if it didn't restrict certain countries. I think that was the biggest downside of it for me.

Niverive
09-29-2008, 07:10 AM
I play it sometimes too hehe, my name in it is Niverive and I'm on Rauri server xD

But I also play Final Fantasy XI lol

Mitchyru
10-04-2008, 08:24 PM
I've been playing that game for like a year, I love it. Best ever.

xXdark_angel_nekoXx
10-05-2008, 08:59 AM
But I also play Final Fantasy XI lol

where did you get that. cause i want to play that so bad.

Niverive
10-06-2008, 11:40 PM
Final Fantasy XI? You can buy it for Xbox 360, ps2 which is also compatible with ps3 but the performance is lowered due to combatibility on 80GB, and for PC, its hard to find it anywhere other than Gamestop. sometimes I see it at Walmart, if you want to play really bad and think you'll stick with it I suggest buying the Vanadiel Collection 2008, its the game with all the expansions, its much more expensive to buy seperately, not to mention almost impossible to find the older expansions sold seperately on PC or PS2 anymore.

If you do really wanna play tho, I suggest before you start playing to get ahold of me by MSN or yahoo, or even a private message, and I'll show you how to play and stuff xD, even tho it feels odd to be talking about FFXI in a Mabinogi thread. Sorry Guys <3

BurningBlazeX
10-26-2008, 11:31 PM
I downloaded Mabinogi, i was supposed to get around to playing it but i downloaded Wonderland online at the same time....so yeah, i still have it downloaded, but its never been touched lol

Maybe i should pick it up, screenshots always make a game look more appealing!

-akichan-
10-31-2008, 01:08 PM
My fiance has completely put himself into the game. I watch him play all the time. He just can't live without playing this game daily at least 10 hours. I'm pretty sure that this game was made with nicotine!

I made an account a month ago, but I barely play it, because I have too many online games to handle at one time lol.

I just hate those cheaters that follows me around while I'm fighting.

MorphtheFallen
11-03-2008, 12:17 AM
It was quite fun, though having people run through spamming bleach and naruto theme songs gets old quick. Also the death glitches put me off.

White Mage Usagi
11-04-2008, 01:19 PM
I played Mabinogi for a while, it was one of the best Online games I'd ever played, but it got a bit hard so I quit playing it.:wacko:

Renegade of Life
11-09-2008, 11:42 PM
I had a few weeks with Mabinogi, though it is quite advanced relative to other MMOs in that the characters and such do grow and evolve over time, it also seemed to cause a lot of strain on my system and produced lots of lag.

Also I have been trying to figure out just what kinds of capabilities are offered for classes, I usually go as a cleric/priest type character and don't see any way to job change or anything.

Hopefully they will dress up the interface a bit and maybe smooth out the graphics, then Mabinogi will really be one heck of a MMORPG to play and definately be the next one I really get into.