PDA

View Full Version : pokemon diamond/pearl question - ASAP!!

MangaFanRob
07-18-2008, 05:55 AM
i know in Diamond and Pearl there are 100 new pokemon in the game. but are they the only pokemon which are actually IN the game .. are there still the older pokemon from the other games in it as well?

or do diamond and pearl ONLY have the 100 new ones in the game.

do you have to get the others in by trading with friends n stuff

thanks!

id like to know cos im getting it tommorow before i go on holiday!!!!!! just wanted to know before i get it SO QUICK ANSWERS AND RESPONCE WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED :D

~Zetromis~
07-18-2008, 09:18 AM
There are older ones as well as new ones...There are only a select amount which can't be obtained in game...

MangaFanRob
07-18-2008, 09:31 AM
so how many pokemon are actually in the game able for you to catch?(without trading)
and pokemon from which other games are featured? ya know i mean like ones from red, blue,.. gold,silver..?

thanks for your responce as well :)

Ratiasu
07-18-2008, 12:17 PM
A lot. i caught over 200, without trading. And there is still more for me to get.
You do know Platinum is going to be released soon O_o

MangaFanRob
07-18-2008, 12:22 PM
ahh cool. when is platinum going to be released?

Ratiasu
07-18-2008, 12:23 PM
Sept 2008, for Japan =P
And the 11th Movie, Tomorrow

Diocletian
07-18-2008, 12:27 PM
It's dumb.The new Pokemon are only like 100 vand most of them are evolutions of old ones.I wasn't a big fan.I just want a Johto remake.

Ratiasu
07-18-2008, 12:44 PM
It's dumb.The new Pokemon are only like 100 vand most of them are evolutions of old ones.I wasn't a big fan.I just want a Johto remake.
You do know, they lost Originality/Creativity after the 251. It's Because Ken Sugimori made the first 251 by himself, and then other people help make the rest. Oh, Johto remake, ha... that will be a while until they release DawnSilver and DuskGold

Diocletian
07-18-2008, 12:47 PM
You do know, they lost Originality/Creativity after the 251. It's Because Ken Sugimori made the first 251 by himself, and then other people help make the rest. Oh, Johto remake, ha... that will be a while until they release DawnSilver and DuskGold

I hate to get off topic,but Jimmy will always beat Ash.He was cooler,had a pretty girl follow him around,and an annoying friend.Squirtle>Totodile>Mudkip>Piplup.Piplup=Ultimate Fail.Out of all the water Pokemon as starters he was the weakest link.

Ratiasu
07-18-2008, 01:23 PM
Who is this Jimmy, you mean Kenta... & yes, he was a lot better

honeysenpai17
07-18-2008, 02:38 PM
[edit] In the anime

Jimmy, an anime character based on GoldAppears as Jimmy(Kenta) in the spin-off Pokemon Chronicles. In the anime, Jimmy is a travelling Pokémon trainer from the Johto region. In New Bark Town, Jimmy's hometown, he received his first Pokémon, Cyndaquil, from Professor Elm. From then on, Jimmy set out on his journey becoming a Pokémon trainer, traveling to far-off regions and competing in its many tournaments, while catching different types of Pokémon along the way.

Jimmy is portrayed as a gutsy yet impulsive trainer, charging recklessly into situations without forethought. As such, his offensive battle style mimics this behavior, as his Pokémon are trained to withstand attacks than evade them while fighting, preferring to face an opponent head-on. His primary goal is to become a strong Pokémon trainer, and ultimately rise to Pokémon Master. Jimmy became very determined and dedicated to winning many battles with his team and made a promise to them that they would travel and win every competition together.

Of all his Pokémon, Typhlosion is Jimmy's most trusted and closest companion. Since the beginning of their journey, the two have since faced many challenges and obstacles together. After suffering a humiliating lost to Silver, Jimmy's archrival, Jimmy and Cyndaquil worked hard on their progress and soon Cyndaquil became the strong Typhlosion it is now. Jimmy has shown that not only is he a great trainer, but his bond with his Pokémon runs very deeply and they will all do whatever it takes to get things done.

Jimmy's notable trait is his signature catchword "You rock, you rule!", a quote repeatedly expressed to his Pokémon with a thumbs-up victory pose after winning a battle. In the Japanese version, he uses the phrase "Okay! Perfect!". He has a noticeable crush on Marina, though refuses to admit it out loud. Both he and Marina participated in the Silver Conference a full year ahead of Vincent. It is presumed he is now traveling in Kanto.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold

MangaFanRob
07-19-2008, 09:43 AM
Well.. I got Pearl today and a DS Lite and that latest Zelda game:)
looks great and im looking forward to going on it!
Im saving them for a car journey tommorow on vacation ^^

Haoie
07-19-2008, 06:34 PM
Pal Park.