PDA

View Full Version : Original Fiction: For One Night

Mysti Queen
07-10-2008, 09:19 PM
This is a one-shot fic (drabble =D) that I wrote a few months back. I hope enjoy this sad and depressing little love story. ^__^

Note: It's a bit suggestive, but nothing explicit. No worries. Just making sure.

For One Night…

I lie here on this soft bed, alone and not making a single move to get up. I’m wrapped up tightly in the warm, fluffy white blankets of this semi-large hotel room. I don’t know what I was thinking last night…

“It’s been a while since we’ve seen each other, hasn’t it?” he asked, his smooth voice ringing into my ear. He had called, finally he had called. It had been years since we’ve really talked like this…

He was my first love, he was my everything. I never knew how blind love could make a person, until I experienced that for myself. We had made so many plans back then, I had promised myself that we would always be together…even on that day when he had to move away. I didn’t want to give him up….I loved him too much.

Still, that’s what had happened. We grew apart and found love else where. Even though I now had someone else who cared for me, and I cared for deeply…I still couldn’t take my first out of my mind.

“I’m going over to your town for the weekend…” he explained to me and left me speechless. “…Would you like to come see me?”

I hesitated before responding, my eyes half closed. “Sure…Xavier…”

“I’m going out, honey,” I told my current boyfriend. He sat on the living room couch reading a book with the TV on.

He looked up at me and smiled his handsome grin. “Where are you going, baby?”

“…Just going to meet up with an old friend…” I said, looking back at him with a cracked smile. “Don’t worry. I won’t be gone for too long. We just have a little catching up to do.”

“Okay, babe,” he warmly grinned at me while he proceeded to stand up off his seat and come toward me. He planted a sweet kiss on my cheek and I wrapped my arms around him. “Be careful and have fun. Tell your friend I said hi.”

I looked up at him, cringing a bit, but smiled. “Yes…”

I arrived at the hotel room at about 6 o’clock that afternoon according to Xavier’s directions. There, I saw him sitting still on the bed.

I froze when I saw him. He had definitely changed. He was inches taller with darker and slightly longer hair. His facial features were sharper and I could see that he was no longer the teenager I had met years ago.

I couldn’t find any words to say. Before I knew what I was doing, I ran to him and wrapped my arms around his body. I fought the urge to release my tears, and to cry out all the pain I had felt when I knew he wouldn’t return…when I felt him ripped away from me and my life…my future.

“…Even if the distance tears us apart….and I find someone here and you find someone there…for this one night, you and I will belong to each other and no one else.”

Shyness once again overcame me. I didn’t know what to say…I didn’t know what to do. We had talked about this moment for a long time, and we had tried, but I couldn’t. I was young, meek, innocent…but now…now I was a woman.

Still, those emotions of the first time we touched returned. I became tense and fearful as he slowly let me go from his arms and stared down at me. Hesitantly, he placed a warm hand on my cheek. I lifted my eyes to his, and I felt fire wash over my body.

This may be the last time we get to see each other…I don’t know if we’ll ever be able to meet like this again. So for tonight, I’ll love him as if he were my own. I promised him so many years ago…if anything ever happened, for at least one moment in time, we would be happy together.

I placed a soft kiss on his warm lips, the sensation traveling down my body. He responded by grabbing my waist and pulling my closer, catching me with a deep passionate kiss. With that, all my worries disappeared. So what if he had someone at home? So what if I did, too?

I felt that we were made for each other, then and there. I wouldn’t let even my innocence or my fear stand in the way. He was mine, like he always was. The world around us was nothing anymore. Reality was no longer a definition of impossibility or uncertainty.

He led me to the bed and I didn’t even realize it. Things happened between us, and I didn’t hold back. All those emotions I had been holding inside my cold, lonely heart were set free, and I would leave them here, now so that they wouldn’t plague me anymore.

Now…here I lie alone on this bed.

I woke up this morning to realize that he was gone. He had left me once again without a word. We would return to our lives, secretly loving each other, but knowing we would never be able to be together. Our wishes would be left unfulfilled, and sadly they might die with us in our graves.

For all those things he taught me…for teaching me how to love and how to have faith in my feelings…for teaching me how to kiss and how to stay strong…I don’t think I’ll ever get him out of my mind.

I later came to find out that his girlfriend was expecting a baby girl. I was assured we would never be together again…and so our story sadly comes to an end. But nevertheless, his name is etched into the walls of my heart. He will always have a special place inside me…he will always be my first love.

Capernicus
08-21-2008, 03:40 AM
That was surprising well written. I really liked the story you told in so few words, it was really something. To these two people, the power of their love was still alive and subtly influencing their actions. Yes, she was right, they had to succumb to it for one night. I like your descriptions, they were short and simple, only including what was necessary without being too ambiguous.

I only make this one complain: your paragraphs are rather short. Is this on purpose? Either way, the writing was too good to deny.