PDA

View Full Version : Illegal?? 0.0

Hideki Motosuwa.
07-06-2008, 07:17 PM
In your opinion, what illegal things would you like to see legal, and why?? Please be appropriate :)

I think that Nunchucks should be legal in Massachusetts and California, it's not like someone's gonna go out there and kill people 0.0

†飛段†
07-06-2008, 07:29 PM
I want someone to pass a law like in some religious countries that would allow you to kill an unfaithful woman or man and all that. I hate getting cheated on.

Diocletian
07-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Hmmmm.....you can't carry a knife in public.I sometimes need to cut an orange or hamburger,but I end up having to rip it apart.Curse you loony laws!

_Freddie_
07-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Loitering.

I've never understood how you could be arrested/fined for staying in one place for too long.

Derrick Remon
07-06-2008, 09:11 PM
I wish they would let people go to the bathroom in the open. Sometimes people just have to goooo. ><'

The Retarded Pikachu
07-06-2008, 09:55 PM
I wish they would let people go to the bathroom in the open. Sometimes people just have to goooo. ><'
So true ;)

Dogmat
07-06-2008, 10:08 PM
Ripping off those matress tags. :p

And personally, I kinda feel like commiting some murder.

~*Red*~
07-06-2008, 11:14 PM
Loitering.

I've never understood how you could be arrested/fined for staying in one place for too long.

I agree with you totally :)

What if you're just hanging out with some of your friends?

International 4-8818
07-06-2008, 11:15 PM
Being able to carry a gun in the open without a license. Somtime i want to feel bad ash. That and being able to ride a tiger to work with my gun. That would kick ash.

Chocobo
07-06-2008, 11:34 PM
I'd love to have a pet tiger. I don't care if it WOULD chew my head off. X.x;;

Then there's the downloading music law. I know it's only about $.15 to download a song, but if we just want to download like..one song from the album just to listen to, we should be able to. Plus, CD's lose their sound quality after a while. You know...the scratchiness. Then again, that's just me.

Prostitution. XD don't ask. Me and a friend had this strange debate over why exactly is that illegal in the US. Why IS it illegal O.o;;

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-06-2008, 11:39 PM
Hmmmm.....you can't carry a knife in public.I sometimes need to cut an orange or hamburger,but I end up having to rip it apart.Curse you loony laws!Your laws may very, but in most of the US you are allowed to carry around a knife that's less then 4 inches. This is more then enough to cut food, and if you really wanted you could still go Nevada-tan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nevada-tan) with it.

Ripping off those mattress tags. :pIt's perfectly legal if the mattress gets sold to you, and you are going to use the mattress. Why doesn't anyone ever read those things? http://money.howstuffworks.com/removed-mattress-tag.htm

And personally, I kinda feel like commiting some murder.They have a pill for that now.

Dogmat
07-07-2008, 12:17 AM
It's perfectly legal if the mattress gets sold to you, and you are going to use the mattress. Why doesn't anyone ever read those things? http://money.howstuffworks.com/removed-mattress-tag.htm

But I want to rip them off without buying them.
Hahaha I'm so evil!

The Retarded Pikachu
07-07-2008, 01:33 AM
I know! I also think the downloading law shouldn't be in place. If you want to be really evil, you can break this law by downloading torrents of albums for free (but I don't recommend it, as it is illigal).

Dxon
07-07-2008, 02:05 AM
Self-defence rights in Holland need to be changed and improved. Now we can't do anything when some guy is breaking in in our house. We have just to wait until that guy hits us so that we can hit him back. But then KO of course.

But everybody thinks: "Screw that. I'm going to kick his butt right now and defend my property!!"

I REALLY WANT THAT CHANGED. And when you hit that robber in your house. Then you go to jail for 7 months and the robber is free after 3 weeks or so. :(

What the Fudge is that GUANO?!

Eris
07-07-2008, 02:23 AM
I think that Nunchucks should be legal in Massachusetts and California, it's not like someone's gonna go out there and kill people 0.0

I think they are legal in Sweden. It's the strangest thing. I was walking to the grocery store, and there was this guy who walked along, doing the the whole nun chuck procedure, flailing it around his arms and whatnot. He probably thought he looked cool beyond compare, but I thought he looked really retarded.

Haoie
07-07-2008, 02:56 AM
Not great suggestions here.

MJ should be legalised.

Souji Seta
07-07-2008, 08:17 AM
Being able to carry a gun in the open without a license. Somtime i want to feel bad ash. That and being able to ride a tiger to work with my gun. That would kick ash.

Man, are you serious? Where is this world headed? Just kidding, but man, that;ll be really chaotic.

Hmm, lemme see... I don't think I want anything illegal to be legalized. They're illegal for a reason, right? although some are indeed dumb.

Amray The II
07-07-2008, 08:25 AM
Samurai Swords are now illegal where I am, but I still have one in my room. It's next my bed, plus I always walk past peoples windows and they have them on their for display as ornaments.

Jose
07-07-2008, 11:10 AM
my friend Rachel and I went to Hasting we saw a book of useless information here are a few things that are illegal and should be legal

-it's illegal to shoot a moose from the window of an airplane or other flying vehicle in alaska.
-it's illegal to put a skunk in your boss's desk in michigan
-it's illegal to rock out harder than silent park in the whole world.
-it's illegal to hunt camels in arizona.
-it's illegal to ride public transportation for at least 30 min. after eating garlic in indiana.
-it's illegal to wash or scrub a sink, regardless of how dirty it is in baltimore.
-it's illegal to catch fish with your bare hands in kansas.
-it's illegal to eat oranges while bathing in california.
-it's illegal to burp or sneeze in a church in omaha, nebraska.
-it's illegal for a husband to kiss his wife on sundays in hartford, connecticut.
-it's illegal to carry ice cream in your back pocket in kentucky.
-it's illegal to ride down the streets of brewton, alabama in a motorboat
-it's illegal to put graffiti on someone else's cow in texas
-it's illegal to hunt whales in oklahoma.

yeah I know

lawlzworthy =]

ohhh btw gay marriage should be legal =]

Derrick Remon
07-07-2008, 11:12 AM
I almost died when I just seen your post Jose. :D

SSDynamite
07-07-2008, 11:28 AM
this is gonna sound a bit cruel, but i think they should allow the death penalty here. only if they have solid evidence and the person in question is a murderer/r*pist or something. for extreme cases is what i mean.

*edit* apparently it's still legal to shoot someone who's welsh with a bow and arrow on the night of a full moon within the walls of chester (uk) i'm not sure if this has been changed yet but it's kinda quirky if it hasn't ><

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-07-2008, 12:09 PM
I assume whale hunting in Oklahoma is strictly BYOW (Bring Your Own Whale) anyway.

aishiteru333
07-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Not great suggestions here.

MJ should be legalised.

So true...

Sleeping in parks should be legal too.

Nespa
07-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Self-defence rights in Holland need to be changed and improved. Now we can't do anything when some guy is breaking in in our house. We have just to wait until that guy hits us so that we can hit him back. But then KO of course.

But everybody thinks: "Screw that. I'm going to kick his butt right now and defend my property!!"

I REALLY WANT THAT CHANGED. And when you hit that robber in your house. Then you go to jail for 7 months and the robber is free after 3 weeks or so. :(

That and people who are charged with rape or something should not get away with a task sentence for a few hours.

Darklord
07-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Torture devices should be legalised in prisons to torture rapists.....

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Yeah, because torturing people isn't either as bad or worse then rape.

Tide
07-07-2008, 01:35 PM
That you should be able to ride FOURWHEELERS on dirt roads.

Alive-And-Dreaming
07-07-2008, 01:49 PM
In your opinion, what illegal things would you like to see legal, and why?? Please be appropriate :)

Actually, as a practicioner of Nun-Chaku-Kata, nunchucks can be dangerous as hell.

Go ahead and look at my signature and guess what I want to be legal.

Jose
07-07-2008, 03:05 PM
Actually, as a practicioner of Nun-Chaku-Kata, nunchucks can be dangerous as hell.

Go ahead and look at my signature and guess what I want to be legal.

hmm, "Brownies"?

Eris
07-07-2008, 03:22 PM
I agree that cannabis should be legalized. The ban on cannabis, and enforcement said ban does more harm to society than the drug ever could hope to do if it was legal and regulated.

Chocobo
07-07-2008, 06:50 PM
That you should be able to ride FOURWHEELERS on dirt roads.

Actually, riding a fourwheeler on a dirt road is much more dangerous than on rock roads or the highway. In Florida, every road connecting to my house was dirt, and you won't believe how many accidents there were from fourwheelers, which is why they enacted the license plate law for for any motor vehicle. You might have a "soft" place to land on dirt roads, you just don't have all that much good traction, which can lead to the vehicle tipping easily or getting stuck...easily.

DaSOCOM
07-07-2008, 10:21 PM
I want it to be a federal law that all citizens may carry a firearm openly in every city, county, township, and state. Basically copy Vermont's laws, or at least Texas', and add in the Utah statute that allows students to concealed carry on campus. Oh yeah, castle doctrine too, everywhere!! So it may not be illegal, but it is contested and it's what I want to come about to all US Citizens.

An armed society is a polite society.

Peace,
DaSOCOM

Ramona Flowers
07-07-2008, 10:41 PM
I think its kinda odd how salvia is legal in Beaumont TX and pot isn't. 0_o

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-08-2008, 12:19 AM
I want it to be a federal law that all citizens may carry a firearm openly in every city, county, township, and state. Basically copy Vermont's laws, or at least Texas', and add in the Utah statute that allows students to concealed carry on campus. Oh yeah, castle doctrine too, everywhere!! So it may not be illegal, but it is contested and it's what I want to come about to all US Citizens.

An armed society is a polite society.

Peace,
DaSOCOMPeople who own guns tend to get shot the most. The large numbers of armed citizenry is a stupidly frightening proposition, because very few will practice or actually take care of the guns. I do not want to be standing nearby when a soccer mom tries to get her stolen purse back. Or when she drops her purse and the gun inside misfires. I'd rather we go the other direction if we have to go anywhere.

Ramona Flowers
07-08-2008, 12:55 PM
I found out last night that if you hit an illegal immigrant [forwhateverreason] they have the right to press charges and doing so they automatically become a citizen. o_o Wtfreak?

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Fireworks. (the ones that are illegal)

Have to agree with that.

Amray The II
07-08-2008, 02:28 PM

Have to agree with that.

Their is nothing to get out of beating, stabbing, slashing, straining, stringing, choking, drowning, and bleeding a rapist. Torturing someone is worse than forced sex and if I am correct rape is a form of torture, so to speak. Therefore doing all of those things to a rapist is even more pointless than raping a rapist for raping someone.

"Two wrongs do not make a right." In fact no matter how many wrongs one makes it will never equal up to a right.

TheAsterisk!
07-08-2008, 02:56 PM
People who own guns tend to get shot the most. The large numbers of armed citizenry is a stupidly frightening proposition, because very few will practice or actually take care of the guns. I do not want to be standing nearby when a soccer mom tries to get her stolen purse back. Or when she drops her purse and the gun inside misfires. I'd rather we go the other direction if we have to go anywhere.
Well...Guns aren't bad, but idiots with guns are. The people that screw up are those who haven't dealt with guns until they're 42 and then see a need for them. Most people who've dealt with guns from early on in their lives don't tend to have these accidents.
So...I guess you had a point, that those unfamiliar with firearms screw up more.
I would think, though, that giving guns to emotionally volatile individuals like me or other loonies would be of far greater concern.

It should be legal to aim roman candles & bottle rockets at your neighbors if the neighbors in question have been setting off cherry bombs for over two weeks straight.
It should be legal spit at people's feet wihtout assault charges being filed, too.

Drunk_Squid
07-08-2008, 04:44 PM
I agree with DaSOCOM completely.

And also I believe that the death penalty should be changed around a bit.... instead of all the red tape, just shoot them in the face and be done with it (after the verdict).

Edit:

I also, believe marijuana should be legal.

Alive-And-Dreaming
07-08-2008, 05:13 PM
I agree with DaSOCOM completely.

And also I believe that the death penalty should be changed around a bit.... instead of all the red tape, just shoot them in the face and be done with it (after the verdict).

Edit:

I also, believe marijuana should be legal.

man, you are one angry stoner.

Drunk_Squid
07-08-2008, 05:42 PM
man, you are one angry stoner.

Hey man I'm not a stoner.. no really I'm not. ;)

I just don't see the point in keeping someone locked up away all that time after the verdict is read and also, I forgot to mention this, all other options for the individual are over. THEN, just kill them, it will be better for them also, they would much rather die right away then spend any more time rotting in a cell and wasting tax dollars all the same.

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-10-2008, 01:13 AM
Their is nothing to get out of beating, stabbing, slashing, straining, stringing, choking, drowning, and bleeding a rapist. Torturing someone is worse than forced sex and if I am correct rape is a form of torture, so to speak. Therefore doing all of those things to a rapist is even more pointless than raping a rapist for raping someone.

"Two wrongs do not make a right." In fact no matter how many wrongs one makes it will never equal up to a right.

Good statement you made there, but in my opinion, rape is worst thing you can ever do to a person.

Also, I think that I actually did not expressed what I meant with my agreement. I sorta meant in the "the rapist gotta pay for his horrible crime, besides jail and going to hell" I didn't really meant in the way of slashing the rapist into million of pieces. So yeah, it's my fault, my apologies.

----------------
Now playing: ナイトメア - Alumina (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/%e3%83%8a%e3%82%a4%e3%83%88%e3%83%a1%e3%82%a2/track/alumina)
via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

MysticEntity
07-10-2008, 06:13 PM
In Canada, they just passed a law about downloading off the internet. So now, downloading movies, songs, pictures is illegal. Personally, I think that's extremely stupid. Do they actually expect people to buy CD every time they wanna a song. Besides, a big part of the internet usage is downloading.
Well, the good (and dumb) thing is that no one is affected by it, I mean honestly, how da heck do you enforce a law like that.

Anyways, that's my little rant there. I just wish they didn't try something so pointless.

Miyukara
07-10-2008, 08:22 PM
my friend Rachel and I went to Hasting we saw a book of useless information here are a few things that are illegal and should be legal

-it's illegal to shoot a moose from the window of an airplane or other flying vehicle in alaska.
-it's illegal to put a skunk in your boss's desk in michigan
-it's illegal to rock out harder than silent park in the whole world.
-it's illegal to hunt camels in arizona.
-it's illegal to ride public transportation for at least 30 min. after eating garlic in indiana.
-it's illegal to wash or scrub a sink, regardless of how dirty it is in baltimore.
-it's illegal to catch fish with your bare hands in kansas.
-it's illegal to eat oranges while bathing in california.
-it's illegal to burp or sneeze in a church in omaha, nebraska.
-it's illegal for a husband to kiss his wife on sundays in hartford, connecticut.
-it's illegal to carry ice cream in your back pocket in kentucky.
-it's illegal to ride down the streets of brewton, alabama in a motorboat
-it's illegal to put graffiti on someone else's cow in texas

yeah I know

lawlzworthy =]

ohhh btw gay marriage should be legal =]

This made me laugh when I read it, however, the simple fact that these laws are funny should mean in itself that these acts shouldn't be illegal.
As well as I also believe that gay marriage should be legalized.

Also, I agree with those who believe loitering should be legal.

Kobbler
07-10-2008, 10:50 PM
Im pretty simple to please. Legalize pot and lower the drinking age to 18, which is the same age to buy smokes and gamble. I have yet to understand why drinking is set at 21, and yes even though Im so close to being of legal age I still want to see it lowered just cause I think its a stupid law in the first place.

Souji Seta
07-11-2008, 08:34 AM

I agree so people would think twice before raping someone. Hey. why not ALL criminals so everyone will think twice.

Here in my country, Death penalty is already illegal or let's say, we just don't do it here.
I wish that it would return, why? The crime rate increased significantly after it was deemed immoral. Crime rate was controlled when it was still practiced.

Regiao Hyuhia
07-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Don't know if somebody already said this or not, but it should be a law to MAKE people have a gun in every house. This sounds stupid, you say? Well think of it this way:

If everybody has a gun in the house, why the heck would anybody want to break in, knowing they'll be shot?

If it is illegal to have a gun, people will break into houses with knives and then the robbers will have the upper hand.

mississippibaby
07-11-2008, 11:32 AM
gambling
drinking under the age of 21
street racing

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-11-2008, 11:49 AM
gambling
drinking under the age of 21
street racing
Street racing? I think it should be rather obvious why street racing is illegal.

Happi Giraffe!
07-11-2008, 11:59 AM
Well i read somewhere that it is illegal around where i live to cross a street while walking on your hands. It would be sorta fun to do that :D, and thats a pretty stupid law anyways, so i would want that to be legal (i cant really think of anything else. Oh wait! Yes i can...) It's not a law, but as the dress code of my school, it is now prohibited to wear hoodies. Thats not fair, because for me, hoodies make my fashion world go 'round.

ChibiVampKarin
07-11-2008, 01:01 PM
I wish littering was illegal.

...Oh wait it is! :rolleyes:

riakage0
07-11-2008, 09:16 PM
I wish it were legal to actually shoot a person if they were trespassing on your property and tried to steal or hurt you in some way. From what I've heard, I really don't know if it's legal or not, I just wish it were.

Kobbler
07-12-2008, 01:00 PM
I wish it were legal to actually shoot a person if they were trespassing on your property and tried to steal or hurt you in some way. From what I've heard, I really don't know if it's legal or not, I just wish it were.

Backwoods justice man, its a real thing. You have to have signage and what not, but I believe its legal in some areas, most likely in the South. The person though can still get charged with shooting the person but usually not. Most people are smart enough not to go into an area with a sign reading "trespassers will be shot", though I have been stupid enough to and had a bullet wiz past my head as the crazy lady yelled at me and my friends to get off her property.

blueangel06661
07-12-2008, 05:26 PM
I think the copyright law should be not as strict. Like for slideshows, amvs, etc...

tsuminaoshi
07-26-2008, 11:44 PM
Hmmmm.....you can't carry a knife in public.I sometimes need to cut an orange or hamburger,but I end up having to rip it apart.Curse you loony laws!

I guess it depends on where you live but I'm fairly certain that as long as the blade doesn't exceed 4 inches, or the width of the palm of your hand, it's generally cool.

THE ICE ANGEL
07-27-2008, 02:15 AM
I wanna be able to be armed all time with handguns, tommy guns,knives,and bombs *yeah I'm not an ordinary girl*

Niro
07-27-2008, 05:03 AM

It's the same bullshit in UK too man...crime does pay here

I wanna be able to be armed all time with handguns, tommy guns,knives,and bombs *yeah I'm not an ordinary girl*

yea u jus a soldja girl thats all lol

hirokiaibalovex3
07-27-2008, 05:07 AM
I think we should be able to properly protect ourselves from trespassers, and not only if we're in immediate danger of being hurt/killed.

Jose
07-27-2008, 05:14 AM
I think we should be able to properly protect ourselves from trespassers, and not only if we're in immediate danger of being hurt/killed.

It's already that way here [Texas] if you are in fear of your live then you are allowed to protect yourself. The other person only has to trespass your property and you have the right to shoot them.

hirokiaibalovex3
07-27-2008, 05:22 AM
It's already that way here [Texas] if you are in fear of your live then you are allowed to protect yourself. The other person only has to trespass your property and you have the right to shoot them.

mm, we can protect ourselves if we are in direct danger, we still are not allowed to fully protect ourselves. So, if someone's house was being burglarized, and they happened to shoot/injure the trespasser, they could be sued -_____________-"

Jose
07-27-2008, 05:24 AM
mm, we can protect ourselves if we are in direct danger, we still are not allowed to fully protect ourselves. So, if someone's house was being burglarized, and they happened to shoot/injure the trespasser, they could be sued -_____________-"

A few states have resently past a law allowing people shoot the trespasser if they in fear for his/her own life, and you can't really prove of fear =P [the law changed in December of '07

hirokiaibalovex3
07-27-2008, 05:41 AM
A few states have resently past a law allowing people shoot the trespasser if they in fear for his/her own life, and you can't really prove of fear =P [the law changed in December of '07

mm, to bad the state I live in is too busy trying to deal with our homeless problem. Sigh, but I also wish that the government was not so strict about sharing music files. (I know that's not going to change though)

Tide
07-27-2008, 03:32 PM
Actually, riding a fourwheeler on a dirt road is much more dangerous than on rock roads or the highway. In Florida, every road connecting to my house was dirt, and you won't believe how many accidents there were from fourwheelers, which is why they enacted the license plate law for for any motor vehicle. You might have a "soft" place to land on dirt roads, you just don't have all that much good traction, which can lead to the vehicle tipping easily or getting stuck...easily.
Well, those are IDIOTS driving too fast. And I'm in Florida I live on dirt roads too. Sure, a few accidents happens because of traction. But on rocky roads or asphalt, more cars, and they're going faster. And we buy fourwheelers, but you can't ride them ANYWHERE.

Inferno Alchemist
07-27-2008, 04:50 PM
We're not allowed to feed the sharks here...What if I want to feed a shark? They have the right to be fed. >.> Stupid anti-shark laws.

XdreamzX
07-27-2008, 05:57 PM
Banging My Music Down Da Block Should Be Anti Police Followed(legal)

Killing With A Rightful Cause Should be legal(kool huh)

Stealing out of K=mart (no one goes there anyway riight?)WALMART

ria1
07-27-2008, 06:55 PM
Ripping off those matress tags. :p

And personally, I kinda feel like commiting some murder.

Okay, that is too funny. I never thought of that one, but I do ask myself periodically, does anyone really go to jail for that stuff? How would anybody know?

ria1
07-27-2008, 07:00 PM
Anyone should be able to light any kind of firework they damn well please without risking jail time. Also, street drugs should be legal, then the government can tax the hell out of people who sell it. Face it, the war on drugs in America is a big waste of time.

44NekoStarr66
07-27-2008, 09:08 PM
where i live, almost nothing is illegal.

Divinity
07-27-2008, 10:41 PM
I want texting during class, or having electronic devices in school period to be legal. I want prank calling the president to be legal. I want hitting annoying little sisters to be...well, socially acceptable.

"Also, street drugs should be legal, then the government can tax the hell out of people who sell it. Face it, the war on drugs in America is a big waste of time."

ROFL, ria1. We should petition that.

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-28-2008, 12:15 AM
I want texting during class, or having electronic devices in school period to be legal. I want prank calling the president to be legal. I want hitting annoying little sisters to be...well, socially acceptable.

"Also, street drugs should be legal, then the government can tax the hell out of people who sell it. Face it, the war on drugs in America is a big waste of time."

ROFL, ria1. We should petition that.
The best part about college is that most professors don't care about electronic devices in class when there are no tests going on. When I was in Basics of Computer Programming, I would play X-Com off a pen drive while the teacher walked the plebes through whatever project we were doing.

Ashinrio
07-28-2008, 01:41 PM
It should be legal to break the law xD

norrlandsguld
08-11-2008, 01:01 AM
i wish it was legal to make someone bleed
well it's illegal here so all you can do is to slap and yell :l
it's kinda annoying

i wish it was legal to cross the thickline

Evockzi
08-11-2008, 01:35 AM
Umm... Only problem I have with Law so far... Should be able to bring Newer then 15 year old Car's into Canada that are Right Hand Drive. I think its Sort of Hypocritical that they only let older cars in and not new cars T-T I could get a R34 but noo I have to get a R33 ( QQ ) Anywho... Ya This Law should be Eliminated since obviously new cars would be safer then Older cars... Common Sense I think so, But apparently no one Else at Political level in canada Has any.

Reccura
08-11-2008, 02:23 AM
I was wondering why they passed a law about gay marriages. I'm sure the one who passed it was gay too >.<

Wio
08-11-2008, 09:21 AM
Copyright infringement should be legal. Well, the only thing that should be illegal is attributing credit to anyone but the owner of the work.

Wio
08-11-2008, 09:26 AM
The best part about college is that most professors don't care about electronic devices in class when there are no tests going on. When I was in Basics of Computer Programming, I would play X-Com off a pen drive while the teacher walked the plebes through whatever project we were doing.
This depends completely on the college and the teacher. Half of my classes had teachers which would confiscate any electronic device which caused distraction to the class. If you had a phone or something, you'd better turn it off or the prof. could take it.

Jose
08-11-2008, 09:28 AM
I was wondering why they passed a law about gay marriages. I'm sure the one who passed it was gay too >.<

Wait, I don't understand what you are trying to say. A law, to prevent gay marriage or a law "for" gay marriage?

Hmm, for preventing, that would hypocritical, and very unlikely but not impossible I guess o.O, just unlikely.

Then again, if it was "for" gay marriage, the person doesn't have to be gay to agreed that love in genderless, I wouldn't I say I'm gay, but I'm for gay marriage and I would pass a law aiding gay marriage o.O

Wio
08-11-2008, 09:40 AM
Wait, I don't understand what you are trying to say. A law, to prevent gay marriage or a law "for" gay marriage?

Hmm, for preventing, that would hypocritical, and very unlikely but not impossible I guess o.O, just unlikely.

Then again, if it was "for" gay marriage, the person doesn't have to be gay to agreed that love in genderless, I wouldn't I say I'm gay, but I'm for gay marriage and I would pass a law aiding gay marriage o.O
The government simply shouldn't acknowledge marriage at all. I don't see the point. It's completely a cultural thing and churches are the only institutions that take it seriously anyway. I mean the government has made pre-nup agreements and divorce as easy as 1,2,3... things which completely contradict any popular idea on the purpose of marraige.

There is no ban on gay marriage--it's on same sex marriage. That is to say that a gay man can marry a woman and have a family and all that stuff. A straight man can't marry another straight man for whatever benefit the government gives to the married. So basically, it doesn't matter whether you like hotdogs or tacos, you must marry someone of the other gender.

And there's no point into equivocating marriage and love. Not only do many people marry for reasons other than love, but government could care less if you hate a person's guts and marry them.