PDA

View Full Version : Least Favorite Music Genre

Mayonnaise-Senpai
07-05-2008, 02:36 PM
I know we had a billion 'Favorite Type of Music' threads but I don't believe we had a least favorite genre.

So post what your least favorite genre is and try to explain why you dislike it so much.

My least favorite genres are Country, Rock(all kinds of it), Metal and anything of that kind.
Country- Ugh! I cant stand country! They are so annoying! I hate the way their voices sound in their songs.
Rock- It gives me a splitting headache when blasting in my ears.
Metal- Same as Rock. Its too loud. I loathe it so much.

Don't give bad reps to anyone who hates your favorite genre.

ninja legend
07-05-2008, 02:48 PM
i don't like classic piano kind of music. it's to boring.

law~
07-05-2008, 03:15 PM
Pop - all songs sounds the same D=

Country - Ugh! DX it's just so boring and funny, I can't stand it.

Hip Hop/Rap and similar... - double UUUUGGHHH! I hate things that rhyme o.O and I hate how the voice sounds...

Diocletian
07-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Emo completely sucks.It's a rip-off of Punk.No way Three Days Grace out machesSMEX PISTOLS!

Chocobo
07-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Country - rarely do I find a country song that I find okay. Now that I've moved to KY, country is everywhere, and I HATE it.

Christian - I'm atheist, so actually any religious song I don't like. I do like I Can Only Imagine, though...

Rap - .....seriously. You can understand nothing unless it's one of those slow raps. Then you have Marshall Mathews, what's up with that? I have several Japanese/Korean rap songs O.o you can at least semi-understand the words. Like in Winding Road [Boa], Silverbells [Inuyasha], or (La La La) Love Song [Boa].

Heavy Metal/Rock - in FL my dad used to always blast his radio on weekends when you want to sleep in, so it's one of those metal "I never want to hear it again" things.

Et cetera
07-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Rap - It is hard to hear the words. It is usually half-spoken rather than sung. I don't find it enjoyable. It's pathetic.

Hitman Rocker
07-05-2008, 03:44 PM
Christian Rock- It's pointless and utterly annoying. If one was so into "God" one should buy the worship Cd's.

Country- It's bad enough I have to live in the south, but my father constantly plays it on top volume.

Masali
07-05-2008, 07:57 PM
I tend to think every genre of music has something special to offer...except country. But that's probably just my prejudice to the south.

The Nightingale
07-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Country *shudders*

Drunk_Squid
07-06-2008, 08:00 AM
"Country" is pop, so I would have to say "pop".

poison.ivy
07-06-2008, 08:07 AM
In general... Rap, hip hop, pop and the likes, country, lol and Serbian folk. But I suppose exceptions could be found almost everywhere.

TheAsterisk!
07-08-2008, 02:36 PM
Rap isn't music. You can make a case for it being rythmic, but I say it isn't music.
Avante-garde isn't music; it's noise.

Music I dislike would be whatever I arbitrarily decide to habor personal hatreds against, though pop, country, folk, and that weird dancer/singer crap that became prevelant in the 90's I've always hated. I also dislike Christian crap, not because it's Christian but because it's almost all soft crap.

hirokiaibalovex3
07-08-2008, 03:06 PM
Country and metal (it sounds scary x_x)

sataned
07-08-2008, 03:12 PM
Country and Mexican Spanish music and polka/german music and albums Should all be buried ina 600ft deep hole along with the damned artists(if you can call em artists)

Ryth
07-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Nu-Metal is the only genre I've ever come across that has nothing but pain to offer.

And I wouldn't even call christian music a real genre.

Happi Giraffe!
07-08-2008, 04:07 PM
Country - I just cant stand it. It sounds too weird. I especially hate it with a banjo. (Exception for Taylor Swift =P)

Rap - Its meaningless, unless the artist raps about interesting life problems. If it involves subjects that are nasty and not something i want to listen about, then forget it.

Eikoseisui
07-08-2008, 09:51 PM
Country is pretty much the only genre of music I can't stand at all.

BloodySnowRose
07-08-2008, 10:22 PM
Country, Rap/hip-hop, religious.... Yeah I that's it XD I pretty much like everything but those... I think country is just so....yeah... And Rap/hip-hop, lets just say you don't wat me listening the reasons XD.... And religous...*dies*

Light Buster
07-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Anything not related to rock or metal just wants me go berserk. It doesn't even sound right to me...it just doesn't nor other genres don't have good rhythms.

♥Maiden.Cookie♥
07-09-2008, 02:19 PM
I also don't like those things which are not related to Rock or Metal.I think Rap is boring. ^^;

Android 19-90
07-10-2008, 12:48 AM
I like it loud,
I like rock and Metal, kinda proud.
Thing I hate is the boring "love" slow crap.
R & B!! Yuck, crap, I also ironically don't like a lot of Rap.
(I have money so what? What's so great?)
That's all I really hate.

KillerDragonX
07-14-2008, 07:23 AM
i hate rap, country and pop

Atara Inferno
07-14-2008, 07:28 AM
I hate Country and Nu-Metal, they are one of the genres that gives me a very bad headache. Dx

I loooooooove Soul [Luther Vandross], Hip Hop [Tupac Shakur] Slow Jamz [Ginuwine] plus, I could go on forever. >>;

XdreamzX
07-14-2008, 07:51 AM
I Hate Rock--Enless itz Alt or J-Rock

Country Sukz

I Can Work with :

Metal
Punk
I Luv My Rap
Hip/Hop (different from rap)

anything else sukz srry 4 being black lol

NorthOfTime
07-14-2008, 08:20 AM
OMG you all are some country hating son-of-a-guns huh? I think yall would like it more if you spent some more time with it. I like all genres of music. All the major and minor ones. Acid, Heavy Metal, COUNTRY, Techno, Love, Rock, Rap, Hip-hip, Japanesse, Chinesse, German, Russian...

Wait there is one Genre i dislike...

Ethiopian. To many flippin tambourines. I like Indian music and the sort but this stuff in my personal opinion, sucks. Then again i had an Ethiopian room mate in Job Corps who blasted this stuff at like 3am.

KillerDragonX
07-14-2008, 08:25 AM
OMG you all are some country hating son-of-a-guns huh? I think yall would like it more if you spent some more time with it.

lol ive lived with it, thats why i hate it so much

NorthOfTime
07-14-2008, 08:28 AM
lol ive lived with it, thats why i hate it so much
I live in Kentucky at the moment...Up in Fort Knox...yea im just waiting for one of these hillbilly's to play something other then country. (Nothign wrong with hillbilly's im one form Texas.)

Chibi_Chibi
07-14-2008, 08:28 AM
i don't like country, metal and hard rock XD but i dislike metal the most..

KillerDragonX
07-14-2008, 08:33 AM
but i dislike metal the most..

your not human :eek: :eek:

Gizoku
07-18-2008, 06:28 PM
Country 'cause it doesnt appeal to me as much as other genres and Rap...because most of it's degrading. Thats it.

Diocletian
07-18-2008, 07:25 PM
Country has soul.Without Kenny Rogers' MadTV wouldn't be the same.

mississippibaby
07-18-2008, 08:12 PM
classical and opera i just cant get into it
some country is ok but it falls in my bottom three

konata-dono
07-18-2008, 09:39 PM
meh.
country
all that whining makes me puke

bleh.

tenzo_groupie
07-20-2008, 01:58 AM
I'm not too keen on Heavy Metal or Country.

nekosenshi
07-20-2008, 01:52 PM
Ick... Country Western is my least favorite music genre.

Memento Mori
07-20-2008, 02:42 PM
Every genre has it's good songs and bad songs, so I can't really pick one I hate with a burning passion. I even like a few OLDER country songs, not today's country crap.

But, I don't like rap. In general.

Fiery
07-20-2008, 02:56 PM
I don't like country. Somehow, somewhere, a line is drawn between folk and country, and when it crosses into the latter, I just have to stop listening.

I also don't really like death metal.

Or Darude. He is his own worst genre. Sandstorm can go to hell.

AmySorel™
07-20-2008, 03:03 PM
I HATE REGGAETON! ITS SO STUPID!

Most of it is about sex and drugs and "smack that hoe".

XDD

Aki_Saku
07-20-2008, 03:19 PM
Country- I'm not sure why... But I just can't stand it. There's something about it... __________ Rap- You can't understand the lyrics most of the time. I especially hate Soulja Boy. *shudders* Of course, there are exceptions to everything. I like the rap in Hero by Superchick, and Alive by Raico is kind of rap (most of the song), but I really like that song (it's kind of soothing... Hehe).

Kawairashii hikari
07-20-2008, 04:47 PM
I like some country... cause isn't liek Taylor Swift country?? Idk... if she is or if she's pop. Whatever, but i don't like Metal, heavy metal or techno, scremo, and all that other stuff.

I like rock, R&B, hip hop, pop, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, gospel, and that stuff but yeah... that's about it.

Baka Tenshi
07-20-2008, 05:18 PM
Rap or R&B or Hip Hop

I hate it all.

norrlandsguld
08-07-2008, 10:25 AM
FAVS: deathmetal, love songs, r n b and country.

.Lovebeat
08-07-2008, 10:50 AM
Rap, Hip-hop and all that heavy metal crap. D: Hurts my ears...

Perpetual Specter
08-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Rap and hip-hop because they're degrading, especially to women. Also, there's little real music skills, because a lot of the sounds are computer-generated. Most songs I've heard from the genre have no meaning or point in them. I also dislike most, but not all, country, because it's usually boring and sometimes they sound "too country" with the accents to the point that it sounds dumb to me.

Edit: I love metal, but when the music becomes really loud and the singing sounds like random screaming, then I dislike it also.

Tsuna Kadiri
08-07-2008, 01:25 PM
Christian Rock.

There's nothing more distracting (or unnerving) when someone randomly screams "JEEEEESSSSSUUUSSSS!" in the middle of an otherwise enjoyable song.

FierceFeli.
08-09-2008, 09:37 AM
IMO. you can't spell CRAP without RAP. I can't stand hearing all those "YO YO YO, all my homies where you up at! yooo gansgtaaaa" to a reapeating backgroundmusic. I think its cheap and lame.

>_>
<_<

rikumi
08-17-2008, 01:19 PM
That would be...techno O_O they're too apocalyptic and soft with bumps >_<" dunno how to explain....but I don't really like techno.

Xexyzl
08-17-2008, 04:52 PM
I dislike most anything that isn't Metal or EDM/EBM.

The only genres I really HATE are Country and Rap (save for Nerdcore Rap).

djinni
08-17-2008, 05:01 PM
anything that is gay music. em0, pop rock, boy bands!!:laugh:

Dark-Sasuke
08-17-2008, 06:43 PM
Most commercialized trend setters, thats a genre, its called "****"

Bou
08-17-2008, 07:00 PM
I can't stand Rap, R%B, Hip-Hop or counrty. Everything else is perfect. ( :

Liquidus Zeromus
08-24-2008, 08:02 PM
Rap - Makes my ears bleed.
Hip Hop - Pretty much the same.
Reggae - V_V Not good at all.
'90s onwards pop - Dreadful. *points to the spice girls*
Emo/Screamo - I can barely take it. Enough of the emo boys who sound like their balls have been ripped off.
Indie "rock". - They call that "rock? Kaiser Chiefs, Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand? Urgh! I can't stand it. Hate the lyrics and vocals especially.

This, on the other hand, is good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se2xvhqLgnE&feature=related

Orcius
08-29-2008, 08:07 PM
Rap - It is hard to hear the words. It is usually half-spoken rather than sung. I don't find it enjoyable. It's pathetic.
i basicly hate rap for the same reasons plus in no part of a rap song can u hear any music its just somebody trying 2 talk really fast while ryhming and then try 2 pass it off as a song.

Gjallarhorn
08-29-2008, 09:17 PM
Country and metal(and all ridiculous sub-genres there of).

Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki
08-30-2008, 12:42 AM
I could have sworn I posted in this thread before o_o. Perhaps this is a repeat. Oh well, I'm bored.

- Country (some is nice at times I guess)
- Bluegrass (D;...)
- Metal (no metal what so ever, sorry)
- Pop (most of it)
- Christian rock (it just doesn't work with me)

The reason I didn't say rap is because I like it when the message is decent.

Interpreter
08-30-2008, 07:05 AM
I dun like r & b i guess. Jazz too. Others fine.

Brewmaster
08-31-2008, 07:47 AM
Hm well thats hard for me to tell since i love all kinds of music.Hm i dislike country a bit sometimes.But American country music or how to define it. =/ My own country music(not sure how to define it if i translate it then it has no sense) is what i like.Hm that would be about it i guess. O_o

Ayako_Star
09-18-2008, 11:11 AM
Not a fan of hard metal or country. I don't take kindly to those genres.:closedeye

bizou
09-20-2008, 05:30 AM
Anything mainstream that falls under the genre of "rock, country, rap, pop".

Pretty sure I'll get a few bad reps from this, ha, but I'd have to say my most detested genre is 90's grunge.

TriciaRose~
10-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Country- it's just not my thing. can't stand the sound. all sounds the same to me.
Rap/Hip-Hop- too many explicit lyrics about money and women and 'pimping' or what not..lol. and it's so repetitive..annoying.

kimbeey13
10-07-2008, 09:04 PM
I'm not a huge fan of rap music it just doesn't appeal to me.

Hekse
10-07-2008, 09:09 PM
Country, i'll listen to Toby Keith and Trace Adkins but that's about it.

AmySorel™
10-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Pop - Most songs are IDENTICAL. And they overplay the popular ones.
Country - Kinda senseless.
R&B - Bleh... Same as pop.

NorthOfTime
10-08-2008, 01:01 PM
Pop - Most songs are IDENTICAL. And they overplay the popular ones.

Country - Kinda senseless.
R&B - Bleh... Same as pop.

*ack* country music sensless???? What? Like really if remember correctly country music is one of the few genres that actually lyricly makes sense. Most of it usually has some sort of true meaning behind it. Most of it is love storys and what not, but its not even close senseless.

wowzabunny
10-08-2008, 01:07 PM
no ofence to some people but
i dont like heavy metal or death metal
its to loud and they scream so much and u cant here anything and those people who sing it look like idoits with spikes and junk

The Wing Man
10-09-2008, 06:53 PM
I hate country the most.

╬Karami Mew~Meow
10-09-2008, 07:26 PM
My least favorite are Country, Pop/Pop Rock, Mellow music and sometimes Classic.
Though I still am a person that could listen to any genres of music.

Hikkio
10-10-2008, 03:18 AM
Classic
Country
Rap = Retards attempting poetry :3

Mayonnaise-Senpai
10-10-2008, 12:02 PM
Classic
Country
Rap = Retards attempting poetry :3

I'm not gonna argue with you because I love Rap but... that's a bit offensive...

LittleGirl
10-17-2008, 12:41 AM
R&B is my absolute least favourite genre. Any music with a woman holding notes for a long time drive me insane. The "Emo" music genre is terrible too. I'm not too wild about rock either...like Nickelback rock. Ugh.

I've noticed a lot of people saying classic. Do you mean classic rock or classical music? I actually kind of like classical. Helps me think sometimes.

The hip hop on the radio isn't really my favourite, but I do like some of the more underground kind of hip hop.

Lord Fluff
10-17-2008, 01:53 AM
Most R&B and new rap (classic stuff rules). There are some good songs for both genres, but most of it is suckage.

Miss Moonlight
10-17-2008, 02:58 AM
I would have to say country (except for a few pop-country pieces), and christian rock.

dragoninja
10-22-2008, 02:55 PM
um... polka? or maybe square dance music .. yeah that stuff gets annoying

chiizu
10-22-2008, 03:02 PM
Anything with a banjo.... Banjos are annoying

kale
10-22-2008, 03:05 PM
rap/hip-hop/pop. all for the same reason. IT SUCKS. ROCK FOREVER!♫

LadyAmy
10-22-2008, 04:06 PM
Pop - all songs sounds like the same o.O

Country - Bah! It's just so boring, i can't stand it =|

Hip Hop/Rap and similar... - blherk! bah! UGHHHHHHHHH! i hate it, every song sounds like the same.. the beat changes but tha songs are about the same. ;x

Amarhyllis
10-23-2008, 07:59 AM
I absolutely hate Rap, Hip-Hop, and R&B. Rap is all about the same thing and it's not even singing, just talking. Hip-hop = same and R&B is just a bunch of what sounds to me like a dying cow. Sorry if it's your fav. genre. Also, country. It's too depressing.

Kojack
10-23-2008, 10:30 AM
I can stand rap, hip hop and pop. Heck, I even secretly enjoy some songs from those genre. But I have a prejudice against country; there are some artists that aren't so bad (I enjoy the song Ghost Riders in the Sky), but a lot of it is whiny and deserving to be drawn and quartered by their own horses.

I also dislike soft rock; it puts me to sleep and always seems to be playing when I wish to sleep least.

Drifter Uk
10-25-2008, 04:30 PM
i cant stand anything thats not rock or metal, mainly because it all sounds the same.
possibly the other reason i hate most music that isnt rock/metal is probably because i personally believe it takes barely any skill to play.
wow! you can make a backing track on a computer, so what?

Anime Forum
10-25-2008, 10:06 PM
I can't stand Country, to me it is boring and well I hate it with a passion. I don't like Jazz much, but anything is better than Country, so Country wins my vote for my least favorite music genre, pop is also annoying as well.

Lady Edani
10-25-2008, 10:13 PM
i can't stand some heavy metal..all they do is yell. it hurts my head. some country songs are good but most suck.

CilegnaHeart
11-27-2008, 10:08 AM
Country, techno & I'm not to fond of Death Metal & Heavy Metal

Nariel
11-27-2008, 03:05 PM
I don't like rap. Just don't.

There's a little countryish stuff I can STAND, but I don't like the majority of it. So country would be my second least fav.

Tasuke
11-27-2008, 03:15 PM
hip-hop and rap. BLEGHH!! country, mostly BLEGHH!! a little i can stand, mostly '80s country, the band ALABAMA has some GOOD stuff...

Zombiliciouss
11-28-2008, 09:09 PM
J pop
Country
Jazz

Riot11
01-06-2009, 02:35 AM
I personally like all music, i do however have a problem with music that has no point lyrically, or that i cant understand. So i dont realy like Death Metal or Sreamo i guess

Akito0o
01-06-2009, 05:57 AM
I would have to say Rap/Hiphop. Its really untalented

estrago1
01-14-2009, 12:59 PM
Rap and Pop (If you can sing, you can make it. Other than that, no skill whatsoever)
Country (too calm for my taste)
Soft Rock (still too calm for my taste)

Other than that, I'll listen to anything at least once.

realms89
01-15-2009, 02:22 AM
im usually a very open minded person when it comes to music but something i could never tolerate was this new age Rap crap it seems the only things these hooligans preach about is women,money and wishing they were gangsters.

chan-chan
01-15-2009, 12:00 PM
Heavy Metal.... too loud for me..

Sarge Tiegenn
01-20-2009, 07:29 PM
pop and rap i dont consider either music

daft
01-20-2009, 11:55 PM
I was never too fond of reggaeton. > >'

vixen_wolf
01-21-2009, 12:05 AM
crap i mean rap i mean....no wait yeah i mean crap XD
eh country to its just people whining on guitars X3
and that gospal crap......bleh
IMA ROCKER CHICK ALL THE WAY!! tho thats just what i think anywayz

hitohikamisoul777
01-22-2009, 11:29 AM
Well, I don't really dislike but a few things, which i cannot stand in the least ,yes?

Country by anyone other than Johnny Cash or Hank Williams Jr., cuz then it's just imitation. I dunno why, but whenever I hear most country music, I just smell (yes smell, it's that strong) cigarretes and hay... and then I get a headach.

Anything that the radio plays more than twice a day, cuz then it's proof that it's mindless entertainment for the masses, i.e. "POP" It's wierd, but it's seems that everything that is popular is bad, at least according to my ears/brain/immortal soul still scarred from the antics of the """artists"""

BURN EVIL BURN!!! No, but seriously, music is different for everybody, but I know a lot of pplz agree with me...

kamaaina ^_^
01-22-2009, 11:32 AM
country, gospel, and metal i really dont like

Necro'lic Enigma
02-05-2009, 01:35 PM
I actually dont have any problem with any genre actually honestly. Because i try to find a meaning in every song and no matter from what genre , some useful and understandable. What i hate is the artists , which makes songs without any sense or music....but that wont mean that i would hate the genre belonging to that artist as well.
I think i cherish all types of genre , no hatred in music world in my opinion i guess.

BestFly
02-05-2009, 01:53 PM
The first thing that comes to mind is Country. I'll give it that some of it is okay, but it's not my thing. Rap is fine, I used to really like it back in the day, but now I only listen to a few artists in that area.

Bubblegum pop is just pure evil. Other variations are fine, and catchy, but I can't stand those synchronized boy bands and stuff.

I also dislike most screamo and a lot of the new punk music.

Dr. Evil
02-09-2009, 12:08 PM
Definitely jazz and opera

TheDesertFox
02-09-2009, 09:16 PM
I couldn't really care less about country

The Grey Crane
02-10-2009, 01:07 AM
I'm not being racial here, i apologize in advance for those who might find this a little offensive. I'm not trying to disrespect their culture, i'm just expressing my intolerance towards their music.

I am a pretty open-minded guy, i love cultures and people of all color but i really am nauseated by a certain kind of music that Indians make. No not them redskins, indians as in people from in India. Our cable provider offers a few indian channels here and there and when i'm channel surfing i usually bump into those channels...seeing belly dancers, bollywood stuff, and the "unpleasant" (IMHO) music they create. Y'know..."ayaaaaayaaaaaeeeeiiiiiiaaaaayyeeeaaaiiiayyeeey"....those kinda stuff.

At least Xena can do it better...

little miss sunshine
02-10-2009, 06:21 AM
Anything that's too loud or noisy, with an annoying bass (Good basses are a different story).
I really dislike heavy metal and stuff like that.

JIMBO.
02-11-2009, 03:36 AM
R and B, its all the same ¬_¬

Orta Honehone
03-11-2009, 02:25 AM
Country-I dont really know why, it just annoys the crap outta me...

Rap-I just cant stand the "gangsta" attitude of the "musicians" that make this stuff, it also just annoys the crap outta me...

minkk
03-15-2009, 03:23 PM
i absolutely cannot stand hardcore screamo music.
i don't even consider it music since all they're doing is screaming.

Asriel
03-15-2009, 03:36 PM
I hate all that is Rap, Hip Hop, R and B and some country. (not all)

Everything else I love except that most pop sounds the same and it gets really annoying after a while.

Miss Moonlight
03-15-2009, 05:13 PM
Country, Rap, and grunge. (Although some rap and pop-country can be ok at times.)

tsujigiri15
03-19-2009, 06:55 PM
i absolutely cannot stand hardcore screamo music.
i don't even consider it music since all they're doing is screaming.

Yes, there are definitely some bands where its more recordings of shouting than music. But to my ear there is often a pretty fine line, and it definitely depends on my mood - sometimes for instance, even something like Pantera annoys me...

Interestingly, at the other end of the scale, I really cant stand Oprah. I wouldnt think about denying the awesome vocal abilities of some of the singers, but really, I find the music too stiff and pretentious I think. At least - something about it really grates on me

kajikun16
03-19-2009, 08:49 PM
english rock and a few country music

oigrrrl805
04-10-2009, 12:32 AM
Grindcore - The pig squeling vocals... wth?!?!?!

Black Metal - I think it sucks, the vocals suck too

mainstream rap (like 50 Cent) - It's annoying, boring, overplayed, lyrics are mostly about money, drugs and degrading women.

Banda and that type of mexican music.

Rock Against Communism (bands like Skrewdriver and No Remorse) - stupid boneheads with annoying extremist views!

Wolfwood
04-10-2009, 04:04 AM
mostly i just hate mainstream stuff from the likes of pink, britiny, kelly, etc.
They just all seem so dull and lame. makes me wanna hurt people when i hear them O_o
also "Random rap song about drugs, money, sex or all of the above" from "Generic rapper who looks the same as every other one out there"
I don't mind rap itself. just not from these types >_>

Lord Tsukuyomi
04-10-2009, 11:14 AM
I listen to anything that has decent lyrics and a good beat. Only genre I ditest is country. Don't like the tone or the lyrics of country music.

HakushoReaper07
04-10-2009, 11:56 AM
metal and punk are my favorites,but i DESPISE

rap(pointless)
country(all the songs have the same meanings and its boring)

Crystal Rain
04-10-2009, 12:06 PM
I dont like.....country. I did one country song
and i didnt even know it was country xD. Rap is getting
old and stupid. I listen to a little bit. Don't do metal at
all.

mstrmnd48
04-10-2009, 01:46 PM
i depise rap music alot.

HakushoReaper07
04-10-2009, 05:09 PM
metal and punk are my favorites,but i DESPISE

rap(pointless)
country(all the songs have the same meanings and its boring)

Neo Antique
04-15-2009, 07:35 PM
Most sub-genres of metal (black, death etc).

ichimoku_fanboy
04-15-2009, 08:41 PM
country by far... its basically a no talent style that every famous person thats on the down slide of their careers seem to fall into trying to save what little amounts of fame theyve accumulated over the years... just look at Jamie Lyn Spears xD

oh yeah, and basically ANY style that was developped before the 90's... cant stand people like elvis and johny cash... eww...

Bulf
04-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Mine definitely goes to rap x_x

Señor Nobody
04-16-2009, 09:59 AM
Rap.

Van of the Dawn
04-16-2009, 11:30 PM
I hate Country, Pop, Rap, Hip-Hop, Techno, Classical. They are all so boring.

The Governator
04-18-2009, 10:43 AM
Emo, I see no appeal, they have little musical talent, the singers cannot sing, they all look like transsexuals and most of all, I'm prejudiced against most people.

On a lighter note, emo isn't even a word, firefox tells me I spelt it wrong, so according to a spell checker, emo does not exist.

And what would Paramore class as? Because I hate the entire genre.

oigrrrl805
04-18-2009, 02:04 PM
country by far... its basically a no talent style that every famous person thats on the down slide of their careers seem to fall into trying to save what little amounts of fame theyve accumulated over the years... just look at Jamie Lyn Spears xD

oh yeah, and basically ANY style that was developped before the 90's... cant stand people like elvis and johny cash... eww...

1) ..and Jessica Simpson. There is a country singer called Hank Williams III and in a few of his songs he has dissed people like them :laugh:

2) As for the second part of your post, then I'm guessing you probably wouldn't like Rockabilly or any rock music genre ending with "billy". Personally I actually like rockabilly and psychobilly.

Cobra Commander
04-19-2009, 11:32 PM
Country. I mean the older mellow stuff. I don't mind Toby Keith or any of the top artists of today. Not a genre I would choose, but I won't start foaming at the mouth.

It's tied with rap. There are certain rappers that I enjoy. The rest will grate on my nerves faster than anything.

Aizen-sama
04-20-2009, 12:07 PM
<p>
<font color="Silver"><font face="Trebuchet MS"><b><i>Rap</i></b> - It is hard to hear the words. It is usually half-spoken rather than sung. I don't find it enjoyable. It's pathetic. </font></font></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
Yes u are so right i cant even listen to that crap without getting a headache rape has really gone downhill over the years

Legend of the Twilight
04-20-2009, 02:46 PM
It's not about a LEAST favorite. Because a least favorite, it still a favorite. It's about just completely disliking the genre.

Anyway, I really don't like rap, r&b, country, or bluegrass. There's probably others but you get the gist.

Tetsanosuke
04-20-2009, 04:45 PM
I have a borderline respect for country and rap, there are only a few areas of each genre I enjoy.

My least favorite genre though? That's a toughie. If you look at my Ipod (not a touch =O, old skool ftw) I have a large variation of genres because there are so many I definitely enjoy.

Least 'favorite' might be Gangsta' Rap. But in the end, anything of mine which has a favorite label is quite equal in my tastes. I just tend to lean towards different genres depending on my moods and such.

Whatever fills my sails with inspirational winds at the time, so to say.

Memento Mori
04-20-2009, 05:02 PM
I have a borderline respect for country and rap, there are only a few areas of each genre I enjoy.

My least favorite genre though? That's a toughie. If you look at my Ipod (not a touch =O, old skool ftw) I have a large variation of genres because there are so many I definitely enjoy.

Least 'favorite' might be Gangsta' Rap. But in the end, anything of mine which has a favorite label is quite equal in my tastes. I just tend to lean towards different genres depending on my moods and such.

Whatever fills my sails with inspirational winds at the time, so to say.

Besides the degrading of women, multiple unfunny alcohol references, and glamourizing 'thug' life, the reason I find gangsta rap unbearable is because most of the ones performing have the singing ability of a dying seven year old with the video set on slow motion.

Sashikizu
04-21-2009, 05:26 PM
Country - I hate the little twang the guitars make, and the voices... ugh, it's just annoying

Pop - My nieces had a habit of waking me up at 9 am Saturday morning with really loud Hannah Montana and other stuff like that... Things that wake me up make me want to kill them.

Rap - I don't want to hear about how big your girl's boobs are or how much of some drug you've smoked in your song lyrics. I hate the beats too, rap never fails to give me a headache either. And the fact that rap is actually a smaller file size than other genres or music because it's so repetitive just makes me feel like my brain cells are dieing when I hear it....

Really heavy metal - a guaranteed headache there too...

Basically, I just like rock, techno, Jrock, and I was in band for 6 years, so I like classical music a bit. Moreso movie or anime soundtracks. Yes, listen to the LOTR soundtrack in my car xD

Xieshunnuan
04-21-2009, 05:39 PM
Hill Billy sounding, Opera, and pointless Raps like ones from 50 cents etc.

Baka
04-21-2009, 06:27 PM
I don't really like country very much although a lot of my relatives do. Lukily I am not exposed to it too often.

微明唱腔狂詩
04-22-2009, 11:49 AM
In more ways than one.

DarkMoonPrince
04-22-2009, 12:04 PM
Classical and Hard Metal is what i dislike the most.

Jimbow
05-05-2009, 01:21 PM
I'm one of those guys who says he listens to music and not to a genre. So I kinda like a lot of genres.

I really don't like things like Hardcore and Speedcore tho.

Climaximus
05-05-2009, 06:59 PM
NuMetal. The fact that is has "metal" in it, but is in no remote way, shape, or form anything like metal annoys me.

ichimoku_fanboy
05-05-2009, 07:01 PM
deathcore and country... nuff said...

Aysami_Kishima
05-05-2009, 07:21 PM
Rap/hip-hop is annoying.It's mad boring
Country- I wanna die.
Jazz/ Clasical stuff- Sux.

lovelicious
05-06-2009, 09:36 AM
Hard metal / death metal or whatever it is, as long it's metal. I'm not saying it's bad, it's just not to my liking.

Shinigami_55
05-06-2009, 09:59 AM
my least favourite genre of music,the really 1 that i hate is pimba music,it started whit Emanuel(not the international Emanuel) in 94,when he launched the single "pimba pimba" then all middle aged people listen to pimba music and i hate that type of music,some lyrics maybe can be funny but i stiil hate this type!!!!
if you are curious about this type of music,try google it!

Aleyna
06-01-2009, 10:24 PM
Ok I am personally tired of making threads in music of the kind of music I like.
Everytime I do, I always have a whole load of people telling me that my music taste sucks. You know what's worse then "bad" music taste, your attitude and the way how you treat a person for liking a different genre of music then you. If you don't have something nice to say and you don't even like the kind of music, then don't effing post in the topic. This thread is the place, where all you people who don't like a certain kind of music, to rant about how much you hate genres of music and music artists, not in other topics.

WARNING: If you don't like it that I don't like your music. GET OVER IT. This thread was MADE to complain about music you don't like.

Rock - any sort of rock! Do how effing depressing that music isssssssssss? All it is is whining in the form of singing. If they actually sang about happy things, like other genres of music artists do, I would have more respect for this shiznit genre of music. Plus they never usually ever sound passionate or happy when they sing. They sound like they are going to effing burst out a flood of tears which is pathetic or they scream is such an annoying way where I want to burn all their music saints to hell. I can NEVER understand anything they say when they whisper or scream! It makes me not even want to hear them! Gawd I swear everytime I hear a rock song, all it is, is about someone pissed off or sad that they lost their girlfriend or boyfriend or friends, taking drugs, want to hurt or kill themself, or that they feel that they are not good enough for everyone in the world. You know what? MAYBE YOU AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH TO EXIST in this world, because you making such shiznitty music while getting money for it. BUT money isn't good enough for you to make yourself happy right? Cause your sooooo effing sad and depressed all the time with life! My advice? Go kill yourself like you have been talking FOREVER to do! If you can't, go get out that switchblade and do some album artwork on your wrists. Plus, it is never ever fun to dance to 95% of the time. If there is any sort of music I wish was never created, it would be this shiznit hole of a genre. It never sounds good UNLESS maybe ONCE IN A LIFETIME when you get a good guitar, drum, or even freaking keyboard solo. ROCK MUSIC SUCKS! I can't wait til everyone relises the number of suicides rates in the world are thanks to this music, and decides to ban it and actually STOP listening to it.

OtakuInu!!!
06-01-2009, 10:30 PM
Emo Rock (what I call goth rock copycats)
Country (they aren't folk songs plus they sound horrible)
Pop (a little too girly)
Rock (not always)
Miley songs (ummm....)

Robin Sena
06-01-2009, 11:48 PM
Teen idols and diva tunes, they irritate me.:mad:

estrago1
06-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Rap- Some of the beats are okay. Its the artist who sing them. And they always bring in some other guy with a deep voice which gets me picture a big fat guy sitting in a music studio trying to rap.

Hip-Hop/Pop- No skill involved whatsoever. Anyone can push a button and make a sound. And don't tell me "Well, at least the dancing is good." What they do is not dancing. The Salsa is a dance. Pop dancing is crap.

Religious Music- I hate all music guided toward god and jesus. Its bad enough that we have to hear about these people everyday, now we have to suffer through the music aswell.

Inuyashalover23
06-21-2009, 04:44 PM
Rap-the songs are mostly stupid,just look at Snoop Dog and the rest of them,geez...
R&B-I hate the beat and the songs are too corny...
Pop-eh,I just don't like it,Hillary Duff,Lindsay Lohan,Britney,NO THANKS
Techno-I despise it because it hurts my head xD,the song without the beat sonds even worse...
Death/Black metal-I like rock and metal but this is toooo much for me,I mean they usually just scream and I can't actually hear a melody,only a few people with seizures playing guitars...
Any other genre is alright with me

Damian Teeth
06-21-2009, 06:06 PM
Black Metal, can't stand it.

Melz Weir
06-25-2009, 10:13 AM
I hate country. ~

Junior
06-27-2009, 01:23 PM
Contemporary Christian Music - It's all just generic modern rock with religious undertones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contemporary_christian_music

Sh*tgaze - Why would I listen to music that intentionally tries to harm my ears? I tried a few bands but I just didn't wanna deal with it, no matter how "hip" it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shitgaze

Crunkcore - This is just terrible, disgusting music. It's two mediocre tastes that taste horrible together.

(There's no wikipedia entry on the genre, so I give you the pioneer band of the genre)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brokencyde

Avasion
06-27-2009, 09:49 PM
pop and hip hop music all sounds the same just sucks

October.
07-04-2009, 06:06 AM
i don't like rap and heavymetal/hard meral/whatever it's called...i can tolerate the others

Barcode.
07-04-2009, 09:29 AM
Death metal - The vocals are unpleasant to the ears and the lyrical themes are shameful.
Country - Dull and boring.

3pleT
07-04-2009, 11:53 AM
COUNTRY
Lyrical content: not interesting. Sound: too conventional, unoriginal by definition. I did like a couple of albums, but most of them are both lyrically and musically influenced by other genres. And as far as I'm concerned, Van Lear Rose is a Jack White album, Loretta Lynn is just a glorified guest appearance.

RELIGIOUS/SPIRITUAL
Meaning gospel, African music and all sorts of religious hymns. This, of course, limits the lyrical content to the themes of the corresponding religion (why oh why don't the Scientologists have their own music?), and the sound itself is always boring and even more limited than the lyrical content. I seriously don't understand why anyone would listen to this, unless they believe that the corresponding god(s) would smite them otherwise. However, this music still has some good use in the form of samples or fusion.

METAL
This has been bugging me for a while now. I like all of its stylistic origins (according to wikipedia), but for some reason I don't like metal itself. Unlike both genres I mentioned above, I actually believe there's something to it, though I personally don't like it. I'm normally very open-minded about music; unlike the vast majority of people, I don't just play the first 30 seconds of 3 random songs from an album of an unfamiliar artist to decide if it's worth giving a shot. I play the whole thing at least once in the background until I give my final verdict. That's exactly what I did with metal a couple of times, but every time, the result was the same: I was bored to tears. It may be difficult, but I will try to explain why.
First of all, many people consider metal to be "noisy" and mention it as one of its strengths. Hardcore is noisy. Breakcore is noisy. Drum & bass is noisy. According to me, metal is not noisy. When I find something noisy in a wrong way, it annoys me. The "noise" in metal is actually boring me for some reason. I don't see anything special about it; maybe I'm not such a big fan of distortion when it's used like this, I don't know. Also, in some screamier subgenres, I just end up being bored, failing to see anything special in that particular combination of sounds, most of which I like by themselves.
Lyrical content of the majority of metal songs I was presented with is similar: dark - sure, but not deep or aggressive enough to support it. (Perhaps they express their aggression through sound, in which case I still don't feel it.) All most of them do is paint vague pictures and call it deep or throw a couple of jabs at some idea and call it aggressive/conscious/whatever.
I did hear a couple of songs I liked, but, once again, they are considered to be fused with other genres rather than pure metal, so I guess that pretty much sums it up.

Diocletian
07-04-2009, 12:42 PM
pop and hip hop music all sounds the same just sucks

Nice description, doc.

Personally, modern rock. I'm tired of skinny boys in plad shirts singing about uninteresting things. Yes, they're catchy, but they can all be easily duplicated with the right software. Music like this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpU78IeTx_c)

Sir_Vlaken
07-04-2009, 01:23 PM
Mainly country because its hard ot get into it unless your use to the accent

Lordwindowlicker
07-04-2009, 10:03 PM
Most country, rap/hip hop, emo, whichever category Hinder and Nickelback fall into..

Gannon
07-05-2009, 09:14 AM
Country and religous music suck. Anybody who are involved in making this type of music deserve to spontaneously combust.

Daken.
07-05-2009, 09:20 AM
My least favorite music genres would have to be:

-Country
-Heavy metal/metal
-Religious
-Techno

I just cant get into them. They dont flow right to me.

sa5m
07-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Rap.
GROSS STUFF.

Some country is good... I find it easier to swallow down a woman's country voice than a man's.

Lordwindowlicker
07-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Country and religous music suck. Anybody who are involved in making this type of music deserve to spontaneously combust.

That's a pretty ignorant way of thinking...

DeMoNoFtHeFaLl666
07-05-2009, 11:18 PM
pretty much everything sucks except for metal,punk,alternative,rock and very few exceptions

nenuma
07-06-2009, 12:22 AM
Hip Hop/Rap- because I dont want to go with the flow yo'

Really it's because it sounds annoying with all the rhyme stuff and the names of the people who sing that type of genre. Im talking about what I call "the Lil' System" and all that.

Gannon
07-06-2009, 03:18 AM
That's a pretty ignorant way of thinking...

Yeah, you're right... : (
when I read my post again I feel ashamed, after all anybody has the right to make or listen to any music they choose, it's not like they deserve to die just because I don't like their taste in music.

KeijiMaeda
07-06-2009, 03:25 AM
I like different songs from a wide range of genres, but my least favourate genre would have to be that hardcore heavy metal stuff. It's just headache-inducing noise rather than music. And I can't STAND that "death growl" style of singing they do, it's so stupid and annoying.

Also classical music doesn't rate very high with me.

Lordwindowlicker
07-06-2009, 03:39 AM
Yeah, you're right... : (
when I read my post again I feel ashamed, after all anybody has the right to make or listen to any music they choose, it's not like they deserve to die just because I don't like their taste in music.

I'm glad you see the initial error. I personally don't care for it either, and as long as I don't have to listen to it..... :p

sapphirewyren
07-06-2009, 10:21 AM
RAP is my least favorite genre:mad: (I like Eminem though) I don't mind rap in Japanese, but in English, it kind of annoys me because they sing about some disgusting things.

sapphirewyren
07-06-2009, 10:22 AM
hmmmm... kinda harsh don't you think?

3pleT
07-06-2009, 11:31 AM
RAP is my least favorite genre:mad: (I like Eminem though)
...and Eminem's style in his Slim Shady/Marshall Mathers LP (i.e. best) days was mostly inspired by Sage Francis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sage_Francis), so... If you say you don't like the genre as whole, fine, you don't like it, but when you say you hate all but one artist, you didn't give it a chance or dig deep enough to find good stuff.

copycat.killer
07-17-2009, 04:53 AM
Pop - all songs sounds the same D=

Country - Ugh! DX it's just so boring and funny, I can't stand it.

Hip Hop/Rap and similar... - double UUUUGGHHH! I hate things that rhyme o.O and I hate how the voice sounds...

so true! Pop sounds so comercial, country is... i don't know but i hate it, and hip hop and rap are to blink blink for my taste:unsure:

Aulos
07-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Country. The VERY early stuff is good (when it sounded less country-ish and more blues-ish), I mean right where it started like back in the 1920s. (I forget exactly when.)

Country sucks after that. I just can't stand it. I don't know how to explain it but it just makes me unhappy when I hear it. Not sad, just unhappy. As I said I just can't stand it. I hate it when I go to a restaurant and that's all they're playing. >_<

miniPhil
07-20-2009, 03:31 PM
I love all music. I don't really dislike anything because everything is good, it just requires the right mindset. Sometimes it takes a while to find that mindset but eventually it just clicks.

However if I was pressed I would have to say pop. A lot of it is uninspired and unoriginal. Its catchy and enjoyable but its like comparing Michael Bay to Stanley Kubrick. I'm not say all other genres are not full of the same meaningless nonsense but pop seems to have more than most.

Also a lot of it is just based on four chords the Beatles came up with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHBVnMf2t7w

A band I have a lot of respect for, Porcupine Tree, commented on this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Chords_That_Made_a_Million).

flappyx
07-25-2009, 03:05 AM
COUNTRY.
seriously. Its like the south's version of emo. ew.