PDA

View Full Version : Otakon August 8th- 10th 2008

Pharadox
07-03-2008, 10:28 PM
I'm going to my FIRST EVER anime convention this august. Otakon (http://www.otakon.com) in Baltimore, MD, USA. First step, Otakon. Next step? ANIME EXPO 200* (whenever I manage to haul my butt across the country). I've heard so much about Anime Expo and it seems like it would be more fun, considering what I've heard about Otakon (being kind of on the lame side). But I won't judge for sure until I've seen it for myself!

Is anyone else here going to Otakon this year or have you been to it before?

Edit: The only sort of cool thing I've heard is that Peter S. Beagle might be there. He's the author of The Last Unicorn. I'm not sure what that has to do with Otakon though. But it's still cool (well, it is to me because I grew up on that stuff, haha).

Kaitou Ace
07-22-2008, 11:04 PM
I'll be at Otakon, running around and taking photos, if anyone else is coming, look me up, I am relatively easy to find, with my Urahara hat full of pins and gigantic camera set up. That and a press pass.

Also, as a plug, two of my friends are running a panel called "Your favorite video game character sucks" Friday at 11pm, be sure to check it out, its promising to be hilarious. It's listed as 18+, but thats because they'll be swearing.

Princess Minako
07-30-2008, 05:52 AM
Peter S. Beagle has been at Anime Expo the last 2 years as well. He's making a lot of rounds due to the law suit that he's in. He sells some limited edition artwork from the book, as well as does autographing. VERY cool guy.

小美ドクロchan
07-30-2008, 08:21 PM
You're in for a TREAT, my friend. :laugh: Otakon is HUGE. The dealer's room is big enough to land an airplane in. No joke. The entire con experience is....heavenly for any anime fan. Make sure you check out the AMV contest. I never miss that. I will be going as well. As Mitsuki, Amulet Spade, and Kisaki. There's a karaoke room too. I'll probably be singing "God Knows". But I haven't made up my mind yet. XD

Oh cool! I like The Last Unicorn!

Oh....one warning...Baltimore is HOT AND HUMID. Come prepared for that! The convention center is very cool-they have the air-conditioner on very high, I think. The problem is whenever you have to walk outside. x_x

Oh and um....the food at the con is EXPENSIVE. We're talking three bucks for a can of soda. And the actual food is not very tasty. So...I suggest you bring your own or go to the resturants downtown if you want to eat. XD

Lavos
08-11-2008, 03:32 PM
Who here went to Otakon this year? I went and I had a blast!