PDA

View Full Version : Teachers

~*Red*~
07-02-2008, 04:55 AM
Hey all,

Okay, whether you are, or were, in high school or college, who is/was your favourite and worst teacher?

My favourite has to be my ICT teacher. She let's me in the computer lab any time I like; I'm kind of her favourite student.

The worst has to be my Year 12 Maths teacher; she was always yelling at me and I made a promise to myself not to do maths in Year 13, since she would be taking one of the class, and because it was real hard for me to understand math.

KazuYuki
07-02-2008, 07:49 AM
my favorite teacher was my secondary school teacher miss lewis she was my english teacher amd my art teacher miss logie i was her favorite art student.

my worst teacher was in kindergarten, his name was Mr. kahn he hated me for some reason...... oh yeah i spilled paint on his new suit:)

YaiiShi°
07-02-2008, 08:17 AM
My favorite teacher was my french substitute teacher, she was funny and for the first time in my life I started to understand french. Now I really like french, exept the teacher I got now. D:

And the worst was my math teacher, if you would ask a question he only would explain once, if you didn't get it he would just laugh at you and walk away. I hate that man.
Glad I quit math, I never ever understood a thing, even with other teachers.

Diocletian
07-02-2008, 10:34 AM
Hey all,

Okay, whether you are, or were, in high school or college, who is/was your favourite and worst teacher?

My favourite has to be my ICT teacher. She let's me in the computer lab any time I like; I'm kind of her favourite student.

The worst has to be my Year 12 Maths teacher; she was always yelling at me and I made a promise to myself not to do maths in Year 13, since she would be taking one of the class, and because it was real hard for me to understand math.

Year 13!?

Hideki Motosuwa.
07-02-2008, 10:40 AM
Uggghh, I disliked all of my teachers equally -.-' I can't recall one that was my favorite...

~*Red*~
07-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Year 13!?

We've got different year levels here than the US. Year 13 is 12th Grade and Year 14 is like 13th Grade.

~Mithrosent~
07-02-2008, 02:45 PM
My Favorite Teacher was Mrs Hudson. I was in a car crash, and when I went back to school, she was really supportive. She let me stay in her classroom for lunch so I wouldn't have to deal with everyone, and she helped me realize it was okay to be myself. >.>; She even tried to set me up with a couple Girls in my school xD. She was awesome and she understood where I was coming from.

My least favorite teacher was..Hm. Mrs Crawford. Gosh was she hot, but man she could lay on the homework. I mean, like 10 page packets per night! Oh Em Gee! She was really distant too. I didnt hate her though.

Ratiasu
07-02-2008, 03:27 PM
i Dislike all my schools, therefore i Dislike all my teachers =P

Capernicus
07-02-2008, 03:52 PM
Man, all this hate on math teachers. So insensitive, don't you guys know I want to be a math teacher! ;__;

Okay, my favorite teacher was Mr. Fischer, my calculus teacher. He was made of awesome. Least favorite would be 7th grade science teacher, Ms. ... ... ...I forgot her name! XD Oh well.

_Freddie_
07-02-2008, 04:12 PM
Oh yes.

8th Grade, Mr. Brandon Smith

Taught English/Social Studies, was also one of the Football coaches. An equally awesome 8th grade English/ Social studies teacher Mr. Michaelson, although I did not have his class, I'd hang out there before/after school.

Mr. Smith loved the phrase "Incredibly Brutal" to describe long, or boring work/reading. Instead of reading those chapters he deemed "Brutal" we'd only have to copy a few notes, and then we'd move on to "Awesome" stuff. He'd spend more time on people like Hugh Glass (who was indeed awesome). For English, he stressed imagery. The examples he would give were always about Blood, guts, and the usual horror scenario. A great Teacher.

Also, about what kind of person he was, he wasn't "professional", he was cool. He bought a coffee maker just for his classroom, and would drink coffee every morning in the class. Also, he was a genuinely good person, one day he just didn't show up at school, he didn't call in sick or anything (I had his first period) so we just sat around in his class with nobody there. The next day he explained he came across an inured cat or dog on the way to school, it got hit by a car. He could have been fired, but no, he stopped his car and took the dog/cat to the vet and paid for the expenses.

Anyways, it was 4 years ago, and I still remember this much about one teacher, he was awesome.

mississippibaby
07-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Uggghh, I disliked all of my teachers equally -.-' I can't recall one that was my favorite...

yeah i never really had a teacher i liked or one that liked me either i dont know why:(

Phyre
07-02-2008, 04:14 PM
I dislike Mr. Dillon, my ICT teacher, he talks computer language and I can't underhim.

Eikoseisui
07-02-2008, 06:06 PM
I have a few favorite teachers. My graphics teacher is one of them. He was a pretty laid back guy, and showed us some funny videos and pictures. He even knows all the internet memes and always made nerdy jokes. =P

I also like both of my Japanese teachers. The first one was really nice and even took us to Japan 2 years ago. Unfortunately I lost contact with her. =( The second one was a psycho at first, but then finally calmed down and became nice. She was nice enough to let her students come over to her house for a Japanese dinner (which was kinda creepy at first, but it was pretty fun).

My finite/pre-calculus teacher is another favorite. She always gave out extra credit, let us have pie on Pi Day, and is a really funny woman.

The teacher I dislike the most would have to be my 7th grade pre-algebra teacher. She would try and put me down in front of the whole class when I didn't know the material (during the time). Whenever I tried to ask her for help, she yelled at me. =\

Anime Forum
07-02-2008, 06:13 PM
My favorite teacher is my 8th grade home room teacher Mr. Kane and the worst was my 9th grade english teacher Ms. Skerry.

harakiri
07-02-2008, 07:20 PM
My worst teacher had to be my 3rd grade teacher. I don't think she liked me...
My best teachers, I'm going to say are my english and art teacher in 9th grade. I wasn't their favorite or anything but I liked them.

Cancre
07-02-2008, 07:49 PM
my worst teacher had to be my maori teacher when i was 6 or seven years old , i was in an all maori class ( i was teh only white kid ) and i got some serious beatings for reasons i dont even know why half the stuff i put in bag would go missing ( i hated that year of school ) . i have had one best teachers all female i can only remembver one of their names miss cook , yeah miss cook was awesome " whats the time miss cook " , " i dont know nago lets ask the oven "

daft
07-02-2008, 08:14 PM
The worst teacher I've ever had was my 5th grade teacher (which I forgot the name of because I never wanted to remember her again... ever! >.<), but yeah... she was practically a Nazi.

And the best teacher I've ever had was my 6th grade teacher Miss Ross. She was smart, she was fun, she was cool, she was the whole damn package! ^ ^ And to top it all off, she was...*cough* attractive. >_O

Hideki Motosuwa.
07-02-2008, 09:04 PM
yeah i never really had a teacher i liked or one that liked me either i dont know why:(
No way, teachers can't hate someone like you!! 0.0 Anyways, almost all teachers liked me and enjoyed my company, probably because I was pretty much on par with them in a few aspects... but still, I favored none of them *folds arms*

ninja legend
07-02-2008, 09:10 PM
i hated this one teacher (i forgot which grade) he had a accent so it was hard for me to understand what he was saying. when you asked him to say it again he would yell at you for talking out even if you raised your hand and he called on you. I don't really like any teachers

Kojack
07-02-2008, 09:35 PM
My favourite teachers were the ones who taught me things other than the curriculum. Useful life skills, what the world is like, how to handle money, how to think independently, etcetera. My grade 11/12 English teacher was the best teacher I've ever had.

It's really a shame that so many of you had bad teachers.

╬Karami Mew~Meow
07-02-2008, 09:38 PM
I like all my teachers. Their all ok. But not that I have a super fav 1, cuz if I mention 1, I start mentioning another 1 -_-
Worst teacher ....idk, no one I guess.

███
07-03-2008, 07:08 AM
My english teacher, she was hot and in her early 20's, and always wore a mini skirt.

Cantelope
07-03-2008, 10:08 AM
My english teacher, she was hot and in her early 20's, and always wore a mini skirt.
She's my favorite too!

Naraku.
07-03-2008, 10:18 AM
My best teacher is probably my science teacher. I'm not her fav student or anything, but she has this mother hen kind of feeling about her.

My worst teacher was my third grade teacher. It was my first day and my mandarin wasn't very good since I moved from New Zealand to there, and she told the class that she thinks I'm an 'idiot', and thought I wouldn't understand that. Then my third day of school, I forgot to complete half a page of my hand writing hw, and she slapped the book on my head. I HATE the Asian system of teaching!!

CyraXZero
07-03-2008, 10:24 AM
i Dislike all my schools, therefore i Dislike all my teachers =P

^that. very much that.

-akichan-
07-03-2008, 01:44 PM
In my previous school year, my favorite teacher was my Japanese teacher. She was the friendliest and the easiest teacher. And she was also one of my best friends i met in school. We talk about things not school related and we talk about other stuff that school doesn't allow secretly. Of course girls anxieties too. =]

The worse teacher i had was CWP teacher. She's my friend too, a very friendly person, but not as a teacher. She tends to get moody, then give us a bunch of works to do. She gave so many projects that make no sense and pissed us off. I'm not saying that she's a bad teacher, just the worse one out of all 8 teachers i had this year.

Blixium
07-03-2008, 02:29 PM
Mine is my current one at college, I'm currently doing animation and computer games design.

My tutor always pokes my sides, steals my Metal Hammer mag and when im not looking pressed all the buttons on my ipod, lool.
We get on well though, it's kool.

blueangel06661
07-03-2008, 05:23 PM
I had two favorites. one was my 7th grade teacher. He was a huge Star Wars fan.. There were star wars posters and items in the classroom. Although he gave me lunch detention for a full month straight. Eventually I got tired and started to skip it.. But he still gave me candy ^-^

My second was a 8th grade teacher. I had her 2/7 sometimes 3/7 times a day. I'm not sure why but I was really comfortable in her class. Sometimes we would have small group with our homeroom teachers once a week during our P.E. class. And I would diss my homeroom and go to hers.

keezy.
07-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Favorites:
The Science teacher for 8th grade who was in charge of the Environmental club.
Or my language arts teacher.

Anti-Favorites:
Avid teacher.
She singles people out. She never calls on you when your hand is raised, instead she listens to people who shout out, even though she says to raise your hand. She acts like she knows everything and she's so much better then everyone.

Perpetual Specter
07-05-2008, 11:30 AM
My favorite teacher that i ever had was Mr. Futrell, my 5th grade teacher. He almost never assigned homework, always had interesting facts, was understanding, and very helpful when someone had trouble with an assignment.

My worst teacher was Mrs. Tucker, my teacher just this year for DCS(Digital Communication Systems) class. She assigned work without really explaining well what we were supposed to do. Also, she was hardly ever any help when I had trouble doing my work, even when I stayed after school to finish assignments. She really just showed an "I don't care" kind of attitude.

Amray The II
07-05-2008, 11:34 AM
I had so many great teachers through school life that it is too hard to think about all of my favourites. I even liked the evil ones that nobody liked because they were fun to talk to for being so evil. XD I love evil people so I never had a problem with nasty teachers.

I'm an easy audience though, I have had many a teacher that deserved my respect.