PDA

View Full Version : Rpg Vs Fps Vs Fighting

Darknul
07-01-2008, 11:49 PM
Well the title says it all whats your favorite? I have to say Rpg's myself, i just seem to get more bang for my buck.

bakakame
07-02-2008, 01:08 AM
Nothing is better than a good FPS. You wanna mix in other genre's with it that can make nice gravy, but FPS is the king of fun.

Ezzy
07-02-2008, 01:22 AM
RPGs are definitely my favorite, i just love everything about them, the story, the battle systems, the whole getting the best items, spells, moves, etc. in the game, and usually the most up to date graphics (for some of them at least)

Fighting games come in at a very close second, because these games take skill and are the ultimate tournament games, 2d fighters are the best though

Im not a huge fan of FPSs mostly because i am not that great at them, i will play them on occasion

Drifter Uk
07-02-2008, 12:47 PM
FPSs for me, i really enjoy them
i like fighting games second, even tho im not that great at them
i dont realy play RPGs a lot, mainly because i find the whole wandering aimlessly bit fairly boring

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-02-2008, 01:28 PM
I play all of them, but prefer (Western styled) RPGs.

Anime Forum
07-02-2008, 02:04 PM
I like to play RPG's and I also like fighting games, those are my two favorite styles of games.

daft
07-02-2008, 08:19 PM
I grew up on fighting games before any other.

╬Karami Mew~Meow
07-02-2008, 09:27 PM
I'm more fond of fighting games. RPGs, I kinda get bored -.-; FPs are ok too, but like fighting games the most.

Sanosuke23
07-02-2008, 11:04 PM
I love them all, but have found that my time doesn't allow me to play long, involved jRPGs anymore. Western-styled are quite fun and more receptive to short bursts of playtime.

Similarly, FPS and Fighting games are more 15-minute friendly than even western RPGs.

This all goes out the window when it comes to the PSP, though. Give me a Thousand Arms port or give me Death!(Not Death Jr. though, that game made my hands sad)

Dark-Sasuke
07-03-2008, 01:49 AM
RPG's all the way, i only enjoy fps's online and fighting games with my mates

███
07-03-2008, 07:22 AM
RPG's is the majority I lean towards, but that isn't saying all of them are better than a good FPS. But yes, I play all types and prefer whichever on how the game is actually like rather than the category.

DreamScape
07-03-2008, 10:18 AM
Rpg`s and fighting games are best :)

Ratiasu
07-03-2008, 10:45 AM
Pocket Monsters = RPG = Epic Win
So you could say i like RPG`s the best

Than Second Comes FPS = Halo/CoD

Than Last But Not Least Fighter = DoA

Amray The II
07-05-2008, 01:20 PM
RPG's are the best but fighting games come straight after up close. I used to really hate fighting games but now I adore them loads!! I thank Dead or Alive 3 for that. ^^

I play some FPS but not a lot. Some are okay. But RPG's are still best! ^-^

Cross Avantgarde
07-05-2008, 01:46 PM
RPG's are my favorite by far, though some FPS have been great. I'll gladly overlook graphics and sound if I have a good storyline to follow.

†飛段†
07-05-2008, 03:58 PM
A combination of a FPS, RPG and TPP/Fighting. Like Vampire the masquerade where your character can be either an excellent marksman/gunman, brawler/melee fighter and your still capable of changing the view from third to first person. No to mention making your character evolve in certain ways. Let’s just say I like making choices on how the character evolves, the decision he/she makes and such.

Drunk_Squid
07-09-2008, 09:29 AM
A good FPS for sure.

Light Buster
07-09-2008, 12:20 PM
FPS!!!!!! FPS has something that fighting and rpg doesn't, multiplayer!

Darknul
07-09-2008, 09:29 PM
hmmm..... i guess its safe to say that if you enjoy anime you might enjoy rpgs as well, and it looks like the females enjoy rpgs over fps and fighting

Chocobo
07-09-2008, 09:39 PM
RPG. Hand's...on controller pressing down O.o;; It's just I like taking my time with battles. Like, if I'm in the middle of a boss fight and need to find a drink, I can make a move and return. I like RTRPG as well, like X-2, 12, and Star Ocean.

FPS. Um...don't like them all that much. On occasion at TSA LAN parties at school, we'll have Unreal Tournament 3, and Call of Duty 4 tournament. An occasional Halo 3... They're okay for the "spur of the moment oh my effin god I must kill something now!" Just like Dynasty Warriors. Other than that. I. Suck.

Fighting. Great with them, it's just that they get boring for me. Easily. Yeah, they have awesome powerful moves that has like...10~25 button press but how practical is that? Unless you have a turbo controller. Bulky yet awesome.

JD_Himself
07-10-2008, 07:41 PM
I like a good strategy game. Whether it is an FPS or RPG or even FIGHTING. If it requires me to sit down and think of a strategy, or have to work a little and not just brainless button mashing, i'll take it!. So where is the strategy choice? lol

Diocletian
07-10-2008, 08:57 PM
I'm all about RPG's baby.From Final Fantasy to Pokemon I'll paly it.

ShinyaZel
07-13-2008, 05:27 PM
That's a really tough one. If I'm going for story, then it's obviously going to be RPG's, hands down. Well, for me at least. Some FPS' do have good stories, i.e. XIII anyone? (Among others.) If anything, I'd have to say RPG's and fighting games tie, but I will play the mess out of some FPS' too.

StabWound
07-13-2008, 06:17 PM
FPS!!!!!! FPS has something that fighting and rpg doesn't, multiplayer!
Ever heard of MMORPGS? And newer fighting games have multiplayer also.

honeysenpai17
07-13-2008, 07:09 PM
RPG Rulz!

Hungry man
07-15-2008, 08:31 AM
I would have to go with FPS because their more interesting that the other two. then it would have to be fighting and last rpg.

Faceless111
07-15-2008, 10:48 AM
RPG's are fun and can provide me with an excellent storyline and usually interesting cut scenes. I feel like the cut scenes are harder to earn but therefore they are much more rewarding. But they can also be constrictive. There are some great ones that give you liberty (namely KOTOR and especially Mass Effect), but most of my RPG experience was from Square. Final Fantasy's. Those grew to be boring on set on a single track. It was like watching a long movie.

Fighting games can be amusing... for about five minutes. I liked the fast-paced, 2-D games I played when I was a kid, but now the only fighting games I pick up are Soul Caliber and Tekken. These get redundant too quickly: Fight, Fight, Fight, Boss, Cut Scene. And that's it. Online play doesn't help much. It's still the same. Though that can also be argued for FPS's.

But personally, I greatly prefer first-person shooter games. But while I am a fan of Halo, I have to say that FPS belong on the PC. Nothing beats a mouse and keyboard when you are strafing and shooting your enemies into oblivion. My personal favorite FPS is Battlefield 2. I got so good at sniping that I'd get kicked off servers because they thought I was cheating. My fondest memories of my gaming moments stem from that game.

I know RTS games are on the decline in popularity, but I'm disappointed they weren't mentioned for this thread. I like them.

Drunk_Squid
07-17-2008, 11:59 AM
My favs
RPG = FF7
FPS = Half-life2 mods
Fighting = Tekken 5

sataned
07-18-2008, 03:31 AM
MMORPGS!! woot!
well rpgs are fun and so are FPS game so yeh both are fine with me.. ;D
and there arent too many Fighting games to choose from now a days but since there is no more Marvel vs capcoms for the new systems.... im not really into fighing game right now... soon i shall be playing Mortal Kombat Vs DC though ;D

Lord Tsukuyomi
07-25-2008, 12:08 PM
I like all of them but if i had to pick one, I would choose Rpg's cause eventually fighters and FPS get old and there is nothing like a good story and multiple endings in an RPG.