PDA

View Full Version : Soldiers!

NorthOfTime
06-25-2008, 09:56 AM
So been on coming on year now and just wondering how many active duty soldiers are part of this awsome forum? Ive met mabey two of them but i dont even know what branch or country there in. Can you reveal yourselves?

I would also like to talk about soldier things...like you know remenise about the good old days and share battle storys along with scars and stuff...Mabey pass around a pint....

Amray
06-25-2008, 10:48 AM
I'm no soldier but I am going to an Army barrocks tomorrow with my College to do target practise, assault courses and other things like that. I am in the Public Service course in College and learn things like this all the time. So yeah, that should be fun. This is a really popular barrocks too, some movie scenes have been filmed there and such. It should be an experience and I just can't wait to see my friends again.

NorthOfTime
06-25-2008, 10:51 AM
Lol...Barracks? WHy do they take you to the Barracks to do all that? We usually do it at the ranges, or in the field. Is it a permanent Duty barracks or a BCT barraks? Arggggg what post/base is it?

Amray
06-25-2008, 11:00 AM
I'm in the UK so I'm not sure if you will be familiar with it.

Bassingbourn Barracks in Luton. A place for RAF recruits and such. A former airbase. Lots and lots of history about previous wars behind it but I can't be bothered to write it all out to be honest. Who can blame me? ^_^

Sagat
06-25-2008, 03:10 PM
I was not aware active duty soldiers included civilians playing army for a day.

Anyhow, I am in the Canadian military - army specifically, looking to transfer to Navy down the road. I was originally, a while back when I was a toon .. er, I mean a Reservist, a Gunner in the 42nd Field Artillery Regiment. I transferred to the Reg Force (full time) in 2005 as a boring Admin clerk. I got real tired of shuffling paperwork real fast, so recently I have begun the process of transferring to military intelligence.

I am already working with them and learning what they learn, it's just a matter now of getting my occupational transfer approved (which takes forever, system/paper goes so slow) and getting the official Int course. I love what I am doing now though, and look forward going places in the Int branch.

I am stationed in CFB. Petawawa, a backwater hole stuck 2 hours west of the nations capital, Ottawa. So far I have served with the Dragoons (Armoured Regt) as their Tank Troop Admin, Fox Battery of 2nd Regiment Royal Canadian Horse Artillery (the name horse is just there for history people) where I almost deployed to Afghanistan before losing my tour to a friggin reservist - a certain % needs to be Res. Force in Afghanistan, don't ask it doesn't make sense, it's all politics. Anyhow, a lot of us got bumped off cause of that. Then I was with 2nd Combat Engineer Regiment which just ... well, sucked. I haven't done anything ninja/sniper/airborne/crazy but I have had some interesting training and experiences to say the least.

And here I am today. Rather readers digest version but ya wanted detail ..

Amray
06-25-2008, 03:19 PM

It is for the National Diploma students on the course. I am a first Diploma but me and some friends were invited along by the course administrators because we were deserving for it as we completed all our coursework before deadlines and have shown major imporvements in our levels of fitness.

And it is not "Playing Army for a Day", it is a very vital part of the course as it shows the people that wish to join the Army what to expect and how to deliver. Yes, me and my friends may be just tag-alongs, but we still join in all the activities because we have shown that we are capable.

~*Red*~
06-25-2008, 10:32 PM
I don't know, but I might try out for the Royal New Zealand Air Force as a photographer when I finish college.

NorthOfTime
06-25-2008, 11:19 PM

Anyhow, I am in the Canadian military - army specifically, looking to transfer to Navy down the road. I was originally, a while back when I was a toon .. er, I mean a Reservist, a Gunner in the 42nd Field Artillery Regiment. I transferred to the Reg Force (full time) in 2005 as a boring Admin clerk. I got real tired of shuffling paperwork real fast, so recently I have begun the process of transferring to military intelligence.

I am already working with them and learning what they learn, it's just a matter now of getting my occupational transfer approved (which takes forever, system/paper goes so slow) and getting the official Int course. I love what I am doing now though, and look forward going places in the Int branch.

I am stationed in CFB. Petawawa, a backwater hole stuck 2 hours west of the nations capital, Ottawa. So far I have served with the Dragoons (Armoured Regt) as their Tank Troop Admin, Fox Battery of 2nd Regiment Royal Canadian Horse Artillery (the name horse is just there for history people) where I almost deployed to Afghanistan before losing my tour to a friggin reservist - a certain % needs to be Res. Force in Afghanistan, don't ask it doesn't make sense, it's all politics. Anyhow, a lot of us got bumped off cause of that. Then I was with 2nd Combat Engineer Regiment which just ... well, sucked. I haven't done anything ninja/sniper/airborne/crazy but I have had some interesting training and experiences to say the least.

And here I am today. Rather readers digest version but ya wanted detail ..
Yay! Readers digest my A$$, this is like you whole ERB, just add you social here... .. .... Lol JK.

Well i don't have much of a history yet, kinda just started last year.

Went to Fort Jackson SC, for BCT, Ait. Went to AIT there to be, who would a guessed, a chaplains assistant. After that got orders for Fort Knox, 19th Engineer BN. This particular unit just returned from a tour in Iraq and so far they have been an extremely laxed unit. I have been through a CLS class, and Combatives Lvl 1. I am scheduled to be Garrisoned here at Fort Knox July 10, don't know what unit exactly yet. August 21st next year i will re-enlist for Germany, or surrounding area.

So far the Army has treated me right and i love it so much im thinking of making a career out of fit.