PDA

View Full Version : Do you belive in real love?

.fnhvmnvmv
06-19-2008, 11:41 AM
~Well i just wanted to know if you belive in real love. And if yes, what does love mean to you? how do you feel when you're in love?
For me love means something...which you can't explain in words. If you're in love you can't concentrate on other things but always have to think about the person you're in love with...but it's a great feeling...well for me..

Eris
06-19-2008, 12:25 PM
That depends on how you define "true love". I don't believe in "false love", so obviously what I call "love" must be true. However, what I call "love" is not what many romantics would call "true love". I believe that "happily-ever-after perfect love" is a thing of fairy tales and the imaginations of 8 year old girls, and that love is three distinct concepts (in sequence): infatuation, sex, and close friendship.

Masali
06-19-2008, 02:52 PM
Eh, I suppose I do. I've recently used this parallel to rationalize the concept of true love, to me at least:

Theoretically, it is possible for the molecules in your hand to vibrate at the exact same frequency as your keyboard keys and your hands would pass right through because, as I am lead to believe, there is no such thing as 0% probability. But the probability is SO ridiculously low, that you might as well consider it something that can never happen. Some day, maybe, in the far distant future that would happen and when THAT happens then I will consider the concept of true love validly probable.

But that's just me.

Sagat
06-19-2008, 03:10 PM
No chance in hell.

LaranaSarahLei
06-19-2008, 03:19 PM
I do and I don't. It depends on your definition. Like Eris said, 'perfect happily everafter love' is unrealistic, you have to work to keep even a 'true love' relationship going. You really, truly do. You have to comunicate with your partener. Yes, I beleive that in my definition, true love, is possible.

Then again, in my definiation true love is careing about someone so much, that if they truely wanted it, you would let them go, you might argue, you might try to stop them, but if they were truely unhappy, you would let them go.

But, in general, what people call true love...no, it isn't real, and it could never be.

Happi Giraffe!
06-19-2008, 03:23 PM
i do, but i think that its not very common among many people. theres mostly that fake, non-lasting love that is mistaken by true love in the world.

ViolaAnn
06-19-2008, 04:41 PM
What do you mean now with maliciously? Somebody breaks the heart the other? , or what do you mean with this?

I believe if one is in love really, one must not express largely in words.If two people feel drawn to each other, they get on blind without big words. And if the other does not recognise the love in or does not love you, it is not worth the person anyhow.

So Far

ViolaAnn

Ari_86
06-19-2008, 04:43 PM
I think im in what others call love. At least to me and him were in love. So I very much so do believe in love.

Anpan Hayase
06-19-2008, 04:49 PM
I believe in real love.

However, I'm not a believer in everlasting love.

law~
06-19-2008, 04:55 PM
i do believe in real love <3
fortunately i have had good luck in that ^^
but it is really dificult to explain what it feels like...
*thinks*

poison.ivy
06-19-2008, 05:01 PM
I do. Call me an old-fashioned romantic, but I believe there's at least one person for every one in this rotten world.

Hideki Motosuwa.
06-19-2008, 05:48 PM
As much as it is unlikely for someone like me to NOT believe in true love, I don't think there is such thing, I guess. They say that "love is the closest thing we have to magic," well I say, "Bah!! humbug!!" That's all a bunch of hogwash!! That little moment of magic is created by that feeling and is a reaction. But there are a few couples in history that prove me wrong, I suppose >.> People would say that it is true love because they love that person for who they are, or for them, or that person just being themselves...but would that be the case if a person had tentacles for arms?? or grew an extra appendage?? 0.0; Who knows?? :ninja:

demon_girl_
06-19-2008, 10:53 PM
Of course i believe in real love, but it's kinda hard to find. You have to kinda find the right person out there that could make you feel special and good about yourself, someone you want to spend your life with, and through all the little fights and jealous rages, you can come to a point and understand that you two are ment to be together and that you can forgive eachother no matter what. Someone that would fight for you, someone that just doesn't talk the talk but can walk the walk too. Someone that would defend you no matter what their friends say, but would also make sure that thier friends show you some respect. You just have to look hard and find that person that makes you smile when your sad, and someone that will kiss and dance with you in the rain, someone that can be loyal and can make you feel like your on top of the world. Real love is hard to find, you just have to look hard and figure out if the guy/girl you like is the one true person that you could love and be with forever.

Haoie
06-20-2008, 01:33 AM
Yes, yes I do.

Don't confuse love with teen puppy love, hmm?

daft
06-20-2008, 02:23 AM
Indeed there is. I've experienced a true love I once had and lost. But just because I lost her doesn't mean I've given up. And sure, many relationships turn out to be those short ones that didn't really mean anything, and some people don't want to even bother trying if they believe they'll get their heart broken. But it's THAT negative mentality that will leave you lonely and regretful.

Like many have already mentioned, one must feel and know, and fight for their love! >_< I really hate when people actually think that their true love or soul mate will miraculously appear to them one day. I mean, c'mooon! There are sooo many people here! Instead of waiting around for something to happen, make it happen!!! Who knows, maybe that one cute girl/guy at school or work really likes you, and she/he can turn out to be your true love. But you'll never know unless you try. Sometimes you gotta take risks, make choices, and not look back. And if the risks you take end up being bad ones and some drama comes along (and you know nobody wants that), then fight for your love and try to make things right! I'm not saying to rush yourself and try to date a girl/guy every other night, because that's not how love works. I simply like to believe that true love is something that needs to be worked for and not hoped for. (I know how alot of what I just typed down seems like a bunch of crap and nonsense, but that's just what I think.) =/

Datenshi
06-20-2008, 04:45 AM
Since I almost never leave my room, I probably wouldn't know true love from a rabid frothing dog if it bit me on the arm. It's one of those things I must concede could be hypothetically out there since I lack the appropriate knowledge, like extraterrestrial life or a pleasant newspaper salesman.

.fnhvmnvmv
06-20-2008, 06:41 AM
I do. Call me an old-fashioned romantic, but I believe there's at least one person for every one in this rotten world.

~yeah, this is just what I think... no what I BELIVE! <3

Cancre
06-20-2008, 06:50 AM
how can i , i mean i can't really truly love anything myself ( my heart is half hearted when it comes to loving ) so i'd have to say no love is just love there's no truth about it ( gold diggers )

~*Red*~
06-20-2008, 06:53 AM
I have to agree with you atlya :)

I can't stop thinking of Ninna Hatake 24/7; it's like she's in my blood and she is inside me. That's how strong our love is for each other.

.fnhvmnvmv
06-23-2008, 06:12 PM
I have to agree with you atlya :)

I can't stop thinking of Ninna Hatake 24/7; it's like she's in my blood and she is inside me. That's how strong our love is for each other.

~Thx .... is she your girlfriend? =D btw my name is atiya ^^"

The Nightingale
06-23-2008, 06:36 PM
Some days I do...Some days I don't

I have a boyfriend and I used to be blinded with my love for him. But lately we kinda not doing so good. so I dunno.

But I guess love is a great thing too.

rEikAbLeU
06-23-2008, 06:46 PM
i believe in real love, though sometimes, no matter how real that love is, if it wasn't meant for you, it won't work.

the sad things is, that's what's happening to me right now...
*sigh*

Psychicmind
06-23-2008, 07:16 PM
I am one of the few children in the world that has a mother and a father that are still married. On top of that, I've seen things on the news about couples who have been together for 50 to 70 or more years. With that kind of evidence, how can I say that true love can not exist?

blueangel06661
06-23-2008, 07:24 PM
Well I believe you can truly love someone. Those feelings truly exist. Even if it's one sided.

When you cant pinpoint exactly why you love them.
When you were sure you wouldn't fall for them, But did.
When you can remember everything they say/do over the years, but cant remember what you did 30 seconds ago.
When you would give everything up for them
When you don't want to be with them because you know remaining a friend would last longer.

Wio
06-23-2008, 09:42 PM
Love is caring about someone's well being. So I guess real love is the same thing. I don't know what you mean by believing it. I mean do you believe in action?

alliop
06-23-2008, 10:47 PM
Funny thing happened to me recently. I fell in love with someone who would I have ussualy found repulsive. We dated for about four months. She was very depressing, and she was completely unmotivated as a result of her depression but I really genuinly loved her she was infatuiated with me. Our relationship ended because I am leaving for college and we both recognized that long distance relationships rarely work out.

I still love her.

Sailor Mystery
06-23-2008, 11:44 PM
I believe in real love and love that can last till death. I just think its rare. I believe it from biographies, people in my family, and i guess movies. LOL

Shin Natsume
06-24-2008, 12:09 AM
~Well i just wanted to know if you belive in real love. And if yes, what does love mean to you? how do you feel when you're in love?
For me love means something...which you can't explain in words. If you're in love you can't concentrate on other things but always have to think about the person you're in love with...but it's a great feeling...well for me..
Well I guess I'd have to believe it if I can visualize it mentally. I've never experienced true love with a lady as of yet so I can't say that I have. But I definitely believe its real. I think loving someone it maybe really opening up to them and trusting that person with your deepest secrets. Being able to call and talk to that person at any hour of the night, and unconditionally caring for each other with resolute feelings toward one another.

Jimbow
06-24-2008, 01:05 AM
Yes, I do!

Haven't found it yet tho :P

What I did see on the news yesterday was this couple who was married for 80 years now,, if that isn't true love...

Sakura Holic
06-24-2008, 02:00 AM
Yes. I do believe in real love. Or.. a.k.a true love.

Although, true love is hard to find now a days. Not that hard, but just hard enough. =/

Society.... >>

Shin Natsume
06-24-2008, 02:08 AM
Tell me about it. I've actually decided to put relationships on hold for now. I have time for other things now. And even more time to focus on whats most important: A FREAKING PRE-CALC CLASS THAT IS PRETTY CHALLENGING! haha.

Amray
06-24-2008, 11:00 AM
Yes I do! And I am positive that it is there. No offense, but I honestly think that the people whom have said "no" are either liars, just stupid, or have just not experienced it and therefore do not believe in it, which is a stupid accusation to make.

Their is enough evidence out there to suggest that it is real, try looking around at the couples that walk around with a child, holding hands and smiling because they are so happy. I have been in love before and it is something that gets in the way a lot. That was two years ago though and I have not found the perfect girl for me yet anyhow, but that proves one of the most difficult things ever...finding her.

Search and you will find someone, never sit there and expect it to find you though, that only happens in rare occasions, fairy tales, or stupid internet relationships.

*Sarah has signed in*

"YES! The love of my life whom I have never met before and keeps accidently letting off hints that she is not in fact female by accident but I don't care because her display picture and I think she is a hot girl because she says she is and I can't find a real girl because I don't go out anyway but I don't need to as I have this kind girl with an obvious cliche' girls name and I love her, has just sighned on!! Score!!"

I do not belive in Love in the form of the internet though, to be honest. How you can fall in love with a display picture and writing is beyond me.

Junpei Kurono
06-24-2008, 11:16 AM
Love is a mysterious being wrapped in beauty and coated with thorns..
Love is that thing stalking you around every corner. It can see you but you'll never meet it face to face. Love will hunt you down, but can you hunt love down? Love is bitter sweet feelings for someone... Being able to have your ups and get over your downs. It's a monster...can you defeat that monster...? Basically love is like a game...that we so much enjoy to play.

Sharp and contagious
Your love is like daggers
The type used on Caesar
To spill his contained love
On these very floors
Sharp and obscure
You rip me apart
To convince youself
That love has to be better
Then what pain we build
From feet to shoulders
Convince yourself no more
Subtle and quick
You'll stab as I cry inside
Veins constricting
Blood will flow as you severe my heart
Stab-
Rip-
Shred-
This love apart
Convince-
Lie-
Decieve-
Yourself to believe
Nothing was better than hearing me fall
To the ground-Im on my knees-
Your face still looks beautiful as before
Before the fights
Before the lies
Before love
Before I die-
Your presense will always make my days....

But thought i'd throw in a poem to help you get what i see it as..Course i wrote it after my ex left me =/

Princess Cupcake
06-24-2008, 06:14 PM
I'm skeptical. Being no expert, I can't really say I know it's out there. Nor can I say that the love I've been exposed to is real or not. But I'd like to believe it exists.

Monstuurrrr
06-25-2008, 03:12 AM
Yeah, I do believe in true love.. For me when I feel like I'm in love with somebody, it should mean, that you'll do almost anything for that person, you can't stop thinking about them, you love them so much that it hurts you to think what would you do if they leave you.

Also.. If you feel like you can't live without the person that you're in love with and you can trust them, honor them, cherrish your moments with them, and deal with the good and bad, and still think you can be happy, then that is love, for me anyways.. And I belive I have found that love, even though I'm 1000 miles away from her now, I realize what I had back then was more than just memories and fun times, I should've cherrished them, instead of just living in the moment. But I'm going back to her in a week and if she's willing to give me support, not in money, as in support in my decision, then I wlll decide to leave my family and live there, only to be with her, call it crazy, or just call it love.. Or maybe I don't even know what true love is yet, but that's just me. =D

sHxjoluvSgAARA
06-25-2008, 03:46 AM
euh...i think love is sucks

krobelush
06-25-2008, 04:37 AM
well...true love indeed exists...

what is it like? "where there is no madness there is no love" and sorry for forgetting who said that

but try to avoid it tho...why? cause it drives you crazy, it drives you mad, it drives you unconscious, and it only plays with you...

I really hate it, and I don't ever want to experience it again.

it is said that love lasts for only an year, after that it's just attachment and the idea of being used being with that person.

the one I loved I met about 5 years ago, we were best friends, we were best lovers, we were the best couple that our friends have ever seen, now we don't even speak to each other and that is after 3 years of being together, but the worst part is that I can't get rid of that damn feeling called love

many of my friends tell me that we'll be together again, but I don't want it, I don't want to experience again that freakin feeling when the sky pours on you, when you feel like a meteor just crashed on your back, when all you want is a sudden death and I can go on and on...

just an advise, try avoiding it, it's easier to hurt someone's feelings then to have your feelings hurt

so...to hell with all that true love!!!

tenzo_groupie
06-25-2008, 04:56 AM
Yeah, I believe in "real love". I also believe that everyone has special someone. *sigh*

~Mithrosent~
06-25-2008, 09:37 AM
I guess I believe in Real Love. Love means to me...Hmm..It's something utterly delightful, but completely defense destroying at the same time. You feel happy, and you agree you would do Anything for that person, or you would die for that person, etc. But you also agree that it would shatter you if something were to happen. You fall into this happiness, knowing all to well that your world can be shattered in a matter of a sentence. I guess to sum it up, when I'm in love, or was in love...I felt happy and very fearful. I'm on cloud 9 for days, until the words "Dont like you, Love someone else" are used in a sentence. =) The happiness is almost indescribable, though.

Perpetual Specter
06-25-2008, 10:04 AM
I kind of do believe in it and don't believe in it at the same time. I think that all that perfect fairytale-like "love" doesn't exist and cannot exist, because of human nature. However, I do somewhat believe that two people can be "meant for each other".

Meyrin
06-25-2008, 03:54 PM
I don`t really believe in true love. I stop believing in it when my parents divorced. But to say that I love my man, I do but to say that I will get married. I don`t think so. I don`t want the same experience my mom had.

Phylloh
06-25-2008, 03:59 PM
I do believe in real love I just don't trust it

mississippibaby
06-25-2008, 04:34 PM
i dont believe true love exists at all
temperary i love may exists for certain people. people who might want or think that that need someone to love. i dont think that its there for me and i dont think i need it

-Kitsune-
06-25-2008, 04:40 PM
Yes I believe in real love, just not that storybook/fairytale kind. Like where two perfect people meet each other under perfect circumstances and everything just goes perfectly for them, ya know? That's totally unrealistic and never gonna happen. To anyone. >.> However, I do believe that two people can be destined for each other and meant to be together.

Its kinda sad that today's society has deluded the word love into nothing but fluffy pink letters and meaningless high school dating. I think most have lost sight of what love really is =/

.fnhvmnvmv
07-13-2008, 09:14 AM
~*smile* most of you guys belive in it =3

†飛段†
07-13-2008, 09:33 AM

Well yes I do believe. But then again it is a rare thing. It takes two people to make it a true love true. Even if you would gut yourself for your loved one and shield them from a bullet it might still not be true since the other person would never make such a sacrifice for you.

For me… love is sacrifice. When you know you can sacrifice your very life… no your very self. Body, mind, soul to that one incredible someone. When you care for them more then you care for yourself and you know they feel the same way and care about you in such a way. When you feel they make you happy and put a smile on your face. When you feel their gentle touch when your in pain. When you hold their hand and know. Not think but know that is the person I want to be with. The person I want to get old with and die by their side. And if they pass away before me then I will be faithful even after their death. And be with them in death.

Love means so many things...

SSDynamite
07-13-2008, 11:03 AM
I think there is a difference between love and being in love. Love is how I feel about my family, the feeling I get when I'm happy to see them- this also counts for close friends etc. Being in love is something else in my opinion. I think being in love is when you and this other person share something that neither of you have with others. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's magical or w.e but I do think it's a feeling/emotion etc that can't be explained in words.

Dxon
07-13-2008, 11:12 AM
No. I don't.
Because love is love. True love is love. There is no false love. Love is love and if you mean the soul mate kinda love. Also, no. There is no soul mate. Nature didn't want you to be like that.

Amray The II
07-13-2008, 11:31 AM
Love: Can be the best thing in the entire world to an individual, yet, at the same time can be the most horrible thing in the world. Most people do not believe in true love because it is too good to be true, yes? Wrong! Love is not always flowers and sushine. Well it certainly can be sometimes but then turn around and it'll be like an ocean in a storm. It is not always as glamorous as people make it out to be. Love can be all the same thing whether it is true or not.

What differs true love to just normal love? Surely just to simply love a person is 'true' love in itself? You would not put it down as 'fake' love would you?

.fnhvmnvmv
07-13-2008, 11:33 AM
No. I don't.
Because love is love. True love is love. There is no false love. Love is love and if you mean the soul mate kinda love. Also, no. There is no soul mate. Nature didn't want you to be like that.

~no soulmate? oO....what do you mean?

Amray The II
07-13-2008, 11:43 AM
What he means by soul mate is someone that you are destined to be with. Someone who is linked to you by destiny and fait leads you both to be together. Something like that. That is basically what a soul mate is. Someone in which you are destined to be with because you are one in the same.

.fnhvmnvmv
07-13-2008, 11:46 AM
What he means by soul mate is someone that you are destined to be with. Someone who is linked to you by destiny and fait leads you both to be together. Something like that. That is basically what a soul mate is. Someone in which you are destined to be with because you are one in the same.
~I know but doesnt he belive in soulmates? ^^ well i think he doesnt^^

Amray The II
07-13-2008, 11:52 AM
Judging by his previous post I'm going to say "No, he doesn't".

It is quite hard to believe though I have to admit. Someone is born out there and is already destined to be your bride..yeah right! The future has not been determined yet so how can their be a soul mate? Everybody whom falls in love thinks "Oh! He is my soul mate, I know it!", and then a couple of weeks later she has been shown up in front of the cinema in the pouring rain. Then after another month she has found another 'soul mate'. If fait leads us to be with another male/female then it was purely by chance or coincidence. I could walk up to any girl in the street and hit on her, might prove successful and then start a proper relationship. No destiny in that, that is just me being a womaniser or simply being desperate.

.fnhvmnvmv
07-13-2008, 11:56 AM
Judging by his previous post I'm going to say "No, he doesn't".

It is quite hard to believe though I have to admit. Someone is born out there and is already destined to be your bride..yeah right! The future has not been determined yet so how can their be a soul mate? Everybody whom falls in love thinks "Oh! He is my soul mate, I know it!", and then a couple of weeks later she has been shown up in front of the cinema in the pouring rain. Then after another month she has found another 'soul mate'. If fait leads us to be with another male/female then it was purely by chance or coincidence. I could walk up to any girl in the street and hit on her, might prove successful and then start a proper relationship. No destiny in that, that is just me being a womaniser or simply being desperate.

~you may are right....

Amray The II
07-13-2008, 12:06 PM
Oh sorry, I never ment to trample on your dreams madam-a! That is just what this silly adolescent thinks, in other words, me. Soul mates could very well exist out there, I mean my future wife is out there somewhere right now, right? Even if I have never met her before she still exists and is still destined to be my wife. That is ofcourse if I even get married in the future. If I do, then no doubt she is still out there somewhere, most probably playing a playstation, or doing something cute and hyperactive knowing me and my taste in girls.

.fnhvmnvmv
07-13-2008, 12:14 PM
Oh sorry, I never ment to trample on your dreams madam-a! That is just what this silly adolescent thinks, in other words, me. Soul mates could very well exist out there, I mean my future wife is out there somewhere right now, right? Even if I have never met her before she still exists and is still destined to be my wife. That is ofcourse if I even get married in the future. If I do, then no doubt she is still out there somewhere, most probably playing a playstation, or doing something cute and hyperactive knowing me and my taste in girls.

~No, no! Don't say that! You didnt trample on my "dreams"! ;)
btw, my name is miss-a but keep on callin me madam-a^^

Dxon
07-13-2008, 12:17 PM

Wouldn't this suggest that there IS a soulmate?

Amray The II
07-13-2008, 12:21 PM
Wouldn't this suggest that there IS a soulmate?

Yes. I was typing up a positive light on the situation for madam-a and maybe even myself. It would be good, right? Almost like an arranged marriage only it all depends on yourself whom you choose to spend the rest of your life with because destiny leads you to like her. Destiny is the way the world works. It is hard to escape such a word and its meaning.

HeartlessViper
07-13-2008, 12:29 PM
Love is the attachment of two souls bound to each other, in which they become one. Look at it this way: Lovebugs for example, once they have attached to each other they become one. They share the same food and flight, and each one supports the other. Unfortunatly, if they are some how seprated- they die. Luckily for us, we don't. In fact we can recover and find another, better soul mate. --SMILE

Dxon
07-13-2008, 12:45 PM
Yes. I was typing up a positive light on the situation for madam-a and maybe even myself. It would be good, right? Almost like an arranged marriage only it all depends on yourself whom you choose to spend the rest of your life with because destiny leads you to like her. Destiny is the way the world works. It is hard to escape such a word and its meaning.

The destiny most people refer to is something that can NEVER escape from.
So your destiny is determined by your own actions and thus can be escaped from.
That is not really destiny?

Flah Blah
07-13-2008, 01:32 PM
The love between me and my laptop is true. There are no fallacious sentiments, it's real~!

On a more serious note, I don't really believe there to be a thing such as "true love," such as displayed in fairytales. There's desire, obsession and admiration but not love. Still, I'm fairly open-minded, my opinions can be subjected to change.

Robin Sena
07-13-2008, 01:41 PM
I don't believe in any love at all.

MysticEntity
07-13-2008, 03:18 PM
Yup. I believe it does exist, even if it doesn't always last forever.

aishiteru333
07-13-2008, 03:23 PM
Real love is unconditional and would never need to ask for something in return...
Okay,
loving back would be nice!
Therefore,
depending on who you choose to love it can't be sure that you believe in it being real love.
Hence,
I'm unsure!

Diocletian
07-13-2008, 03:57 PM
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say the 11 people who said no are eihter guys or mopy girls.Let me just say this:Why is it that people who commit murders are mostly to their Boyfriends and girlfriends.It's always because they don't want to see them happy with other people.There are girls who go bolistic for a guy and start talking about having a kid and marrying.

Wio
07-13-2008, 04:01 PM
You're talking about infactuation. No, I don't think infatuation is a bad things, it's a perfectly good thing if people don't get carried away with it.

Love is basically caring for other people. It's really not something you "feel" but something that you "do". You're loving somebody every time you help them out.

Merodi
07-13-2008, 05:26 PM
True love is real~ I believe greatly in it! I believe everyone has a true love but it takes many stepping stones of heart brakes to reach it but never give up~! <3

BrokenYetPretty
07-13-2008, 06:18 PM
When it comes to love as in friends and family, yes.

When it comes to true love, I only have a little bit of belief. I do not know the meaning of love because I say I've never been in it. Yes, I did have a few relationships but that wasn't true love in my eyes.

Wio
07-13-2008, 06:22 PM
When it comes to true love, I only have a little bit of belief. I do not know the meaning of love because I say I've never been in it. Yes, I did have a few relationships but that wasn't true love in my eyes.
What are you expecting? Do you think there will be this magic feeling? That would just be a different level of the same infactuation.

You chose who you love by your actions.

BrokenYetPretty
07-13-2008, 06:35 PM
What are you expecting? Do you think there will be this magic feeling? That would just be a different level of the same infactuation.

No, I'm not expecting any magical feeling. Trust is in love, and there was the downfall of my relationships. That's why I say I only have a little belief, because you can hardly trust anyone nowadays. If you find someone who you can trust, there you go. "True" love.

honeysenpai17
07-13-2008, 07:07 PM
Love is a life shocker and many meanings

Lola Granola
07-13-2008, 10:34 PM
Yes, and I'm pretty sure I've found it.

†飛段†
07-14-2008, 12:57 AM

Hmmmmm -scratches head- it was always more of an impulse to me then actions. Should't actions be a form of showing love?

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-14-2008, 01:13 AM
Love is dead. Love remains dead. And we have killed it. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all hormone-based insanity? What was stupidest and most over-hyped of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What holidays of atonement, what after-school specials shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become eleven year old girls simply to appear worthy of it?

SSDynamite
07-14-2008, 02:16 AM
Love is dead. Love remains dead. And we have killed it. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all hormone-based insanity? What was stupidest and most over-hyped of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What holidays of atonement, what after-school specials shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become eleven year old girls simply to appear worthy of it?

All I have to do to see love is look at my parents. I don't know about you, but I know plenty of ways this world is showing love.

sataned
07-14-2008, 05:46 AM
honestly you all can bullpoo about how you all believe in true love, but ive never seen it ever! wether it be between a man and woman or homosexual couples, One person from the couple is gonna fuzzco up. They might not get caught all the time, but i think its sad how easily people supposably fall in love with eachother without waiting to see if they can truly love eachother thru thick and thin.... dam people getting divorced and all kinds of people labled who or and slizut because they date/sleep around way too much... anyways love is rare so keep it and cherish it when/if you gots it...

The Governator
07-14-2008, 06:41 AM
Yeah, I believe in it, it's nice to think that oneday I may meet the women or man who loves me dearly and will stay with me most of my life.

Wio
07-14-2008, 06:55 AM
Hmmmmm -scratches head- it was always more of an impulse to me then actions. Should't actions be a form of showing love?
The impulse isn't love, because love exists when there is no impulse. There can also be an impulse but no resulting love, so it makes since to differentiate the two.

Cancre
07-14-2008, 08:12 AM
I do beleive but i don't want to i dont like the idea of something so absent from life that it shouldn't be there ever . it just makes me wonder if its just beleif that makes it real ( the placebo effect ) or its just human infatuation.

Greenflames
07-14-2008, 08:20 AM
I do believe in true love...and I do believe that there's someone out there for everyone...but yes it is really hard to find...just like true friends are hard to find.

I don't think I know what true love is though...even though I have been in a relationship before...but I would like to find out what it means^^

I believe loving someone is more important than being love (kinda got that from love hina but anywayz lol)...yeah infatuation (always thinking of someone), I guess when you fall in love that might happen with you, but I don't think that's really what true love is...and it probz isn't such a good thing if you get carried away with it.

I think true love is when you love someone for who they are, and nothing else (just like Hideki and Chi hehe)...I think you should be able to really connect with that person...and truly care for that person...but yeah I can't say much coz I don't think I really understand what it is.

But it's out there...I'm not sure if I'll be lucky enough to find it in my lifetime...but I'll keep trying...just like everyone should^^ Gambate everyone :D

Mysti Queen
07-14-2008, 12:42 PM
I believe in true love, though I don't think everyone is fortunate enough to actually feel it. Even though I haven't felt it, I'm hoping that someday I'll be able to find it. =]

†飛段†
07-15-2008, 07:15 PM
The impulse isn't love, because love exists when there is no impulse. There can also be an impulse but no resulting love, so it makes since to differentiate the two.

Strange. There’s always an impulse in my case. This moment when your heart starts to race and you know you want to be with that someone (but not as in love at first sight, I mean after you get to know them). I’m just saying this because I fund someone again… you have no idea how great she is. Loves anime, cosplay, the music I listen to or rather we both listen to, she has a strong personality and deeply believes in love. And wow… if only you could see her cosplay.

Inactive Account 0061
07-16-2008, 11:15 AM
Love is a myth. So I say NO

Cross Avantgarde
07-16-2008, 11:21 AM
Absolutely. God has given me a wonderful woman that I plan to marry someday. True love is out there, even though society seems to be giving up on any and all kinds of true commitment.

Kyokuns_true_Love
07-16-2008, 11:25 AM
I believe in true love<3
I feel that love is something you gain through loss of something else.
Love is really hard for me to explain, so I'm not gonna really try xD
Anyway, love is important to me, and I normally think it feels nice to be in love.

Taikyo
07-16-2008, 11:33 AM
Real love??? As in like Disney and anime??? D: <--- seriously bitter in life now.

For me, no. But literally there is this word "love", but I just don't believe after my last relationship. D:<--- Single for 3+ years folks, and proud.

Amray The II
07-16-2008, 11:58 AM
I believe in true love, though I don't think everyone is fortunate enough to actually feel it. Even though I haven't felt it, I'm hoping that someday I'll be able to find it. =]

Well, that is just the thing you see. If an individual has not experienced it then chances are most of those people think it a fantasy. I have been in love once, I think, that was last year and I still believe in it. Also I have seen enough evidence in this world to know that it is real, with my very own two lovely blue eyes.

Most people say "It's not real" or "It doesn't exist because I can't find anyone", well, why complain about it like that!? Love will not suddenly give you a suprise tap on the back, you have to get off your backsides and go find it yourselves. Yes, that does mean getting off your PC, turning off your Star Trek boxsets, and getting out there in the big, wide world. You can't exactly expect to find love when you just sit on your bottom all day complaining about it not being there.

By the way, that was not directed at anyone.

†飛段†
07-19-2008, 04:54 PM
I wanna change my vote! I don’t believe in real love anymore. Seriously. It does not exist.

Hotscout44
07-19-2008, 05:13 PM
I believe in it! very stronly...when u do get to feel it whether it be lon term or short term it is the BEST feelng n the world. Sometimes u realise u r in love and sometimes u dont... (i have a high-school sweetheart :) )

†飛段†
07-19-2008, 05:27 PM
I believe in it! very stronly...when u do get to feel it whether it be lon term or short term it is the BEST feelng n the world. Sometimes u realise u r in love and sometimes u dont... (i have a high-school sweetheart :) )

:p It's quite the opposite from my point of view. It's the worst thing ever. Childish little feelings that turn in to a slow mental and physical torture so that you can feel your wallet get thinner by the minute and when there's nothing in it anymore you just feel this strange stabbing in your back like - stab, stab, stab, vomit! And then your like: Darling can you take that knife out of my back and stop spitting and cheating on me? No? Well ok then tell me when your bored so that you can leave me :) kk?

nekosenshi
07-20-2008, 01:51 PM
My parents have been married a long time and are proof real love exists, to me. I've also seen plenty of other couples in what I'd call real love.

.fnhvmnvmv
09-09-2008, 06:15 AM
My parents have been married a long time and are proof real love exists, to me.
~And another reason for beliving in love ... for me^^

sunnyside
09-09-2008, 06:22 AM
Been there, married that. :laugh:

.fnhvmnvmv
09-09-2008, 07:13 AM
Been there, married that. :laugh:
~Lucky one, right? *laughs*

blackrosetwilight
09-09-2008, 08:20 AM
love is as real as I being on this forum so yeah its real

sunnyside
09-09-2008, 08:22 AM
~Lucky one, right? *laughs*

Yup. :)

yilin
09-09-2008, 09:22 AM
I believe on it..
and I felt that once, and that once is sorrow.... :(

DarkMoonPrince
09-09-2008, 10:29 AM
Well, everyone has their own opinions on what love is.

How is it that true love happens when it's ''Love At First Sight''...You just look at that person and you ''love'' her, no...It's just her looks that you like, Not how that person is on the inside.

For me, I believe that ''Love'' is true, But only for loving/caring about who that person is and the decisions they make, the actions they do.

Marrige is a form of permanant love for the rest of their loves, a commitment, but what is love if they cannot commit to their decisions for marrige. In a way marrige is a waste, yes you commit and have a family, But before marrige both of they're were already together, saying that they'll love eachother for the rest of their lives, it's pretty much taking the male's last name and making it their own.

Why is it that when there is ''true love'' when the person loves the other, they get a bit depressed after an argument and go cheat the other...so, is that true love when you're commited to love one, yet wanting to find a better ''love'', for me, I don't think so.

.Lovebeat
09-09-2008, 03:01 PM
I don't know. I don't believe in destiny, that two people were destined to be with each other.
I do believe there's someone for every person, but I don't believe that they will always meet that special someone. See why so many people grow old with no one besides them? Because they haven't met that special someone that were "made" for them.
I believe you can truly love someone, but true love, that there's someone special out there for you? Yes and no... and what is saying that person is the one for you anyway? Ugh. Questions like these can never be answered, and the answer usually doesn't make any sense imo.

Yuuki Kurosu
09-09-2008, 04:20 PM
Ehh, kinda sorta.
I beginning to see what love is in a way. And it isn't very pretty sometimes.

Hamashimura
09-09-2008, 04:55 PM

Yes,I do...
Love is term that can be debated,for there is no such thing as theory or something...
To keep it in social terms,it can be said that love is a strong positive emotion,and warm affection,alltogether with deep feeling with sexual desire,deep friendship and attraction...

You can find complete social explanation of love under this sentence...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love#Chemistry

As for me,love is that "something" that makes me happy...
Just talking to her can ease my pain,just the fact that she exists and the fact that I know that I can say her those three words ( I love you ) with her accepting them makes me happy,making me like I can fly...like I can fly without wings...
Greatest pleasure and satisfaction for me is her ability to refresh my spirit,for example,I stay awake all night,and in the morning I never feel tired,rather like I never felt more rested...

As Erica Jong said - Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it...It really is worth fighting for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk everything, you risk even more.

How is it that true love happens when it's ''Love At First Sight''...You just look at that person and you ''love'' her, no...It's just her looks that you like, Not how that person is on the inside.

For me, I believe that ''Love'' is true, But only for loving/caring about who that person is and the decisions they make, the actions they do.

Why is it that when there is ''true love'' when the person loves the other, they get a bit depressed after an argument and go cheat the other...so, is that true love when you're commited to love one, yet wanting to find a better ''love'', for me, I don't think so.

Agreed,love at first sight is nothing more than infatuation,a simple sexual desire felt at that moment...Nothing more is there,love comes out from deepest part of ones soul,people must first get to know eachother well before saying - I love you - ,otherwise it's just not it...

Also agreed...
There is no permanent relationship,love nor marriage if in their lives aren't any arguments...
People are getting closer,with every argument passed,with every problem solved together...
Cheating is simple sign that one doesn't really love another as much as stated...
One should love only for love's sake,not for their own satisfaction...

Mars Arcadia
09-09-2008, 05:36 PM
I believe in true love but I believe that not two people make it true love. Most of the time, and also so very, very, VERY rarely, I have met women and even some men that have a love so strong that it seems like the world itself shies away as it seems unworthy of it. Sadly enough most of the time these sorts of people are with a partner that doesn't deserve them at all, and instead cause them misery and doesn't appreciate them until it's too late. You hardly see them dating anyone, if they don't stay with the person they choose to be. In general they are people of kindness and understanding, some even beautiful looking. But from what I have seen, they deserve to be alone rather than to end up being used. It's incredibly heart breaking to see it.
But one thing I have noticed is that they always keep one love in their mind, and they self-suffice alone too. Never really desperate or afraid to be alone. One of them actually quoted this to me: "Whoever doesn't fear solitude knows how to love others."
:happy:

Baka
09-09-2008, 05:39 PM
Sure. Why not??? I luv love. LOL

~*Layla*~
09-09-2008, 05:52 PM
Yes! I belive in real love!!!!!
When I'm in love I think about the person all the time when I wake up to when I go to bed!

Leckaa
09-09-2008, 06:06 PM
Well we were told in psych class that love is a real since they've done studies and noticed a difference in how people act a bunch of things when they're in love =/ but even not scientifically speaking i believe in it ^^

Memento Mori
09-09-2008, 06:20 PM
I believe in real love, but I don't believe in all that 'He/she was the only guy/girl for me!' crap. There are 6 billion people on this planet, there have to be at least 30 people you would have fallen in love with if you hadn't come across that one person.

Diocletian
09-09-2008, 06:24 PM
I believe in cooking dinner every other day and stepping outside to release your bodily functions.THAT is love.

Gizoku
09-09-2008, 08:58 PM
Of course. Though it's extremely difficult to find for some people, its there.

animegirl2365
09-10-2008, 04:08 PM
Yes I belive in real love^_^

Rem Nightfall
09-10-2008, 04:10 PM
No, I don't believe in true love.
Its foolish to think of a thing such as that.
Because even if its true the truth doesn't last forever.

Tetsanosuke
09-10-2008, 04:35 PM
I was about to type out a whole shmeal about it.. But i decided against it.

Real (true) love is possible in my realm of belief. It's just really really difficult to come across. Considering I felt like, or at least, close to it.

TheAsterisk!
09-10-2008, 05:28 PM
I say there is no such thing as love at all.
Admittedly, I have little to no experience with romantic love, but I'll say what I know. "Love" is a quick way to describe a whole mess of emotions that are felt at once. Since this flood tends to overwhelm most people and make reasoned thought difficult, most don't realize that there are many, many individual emotions acting in concert, not one sensation. To make things more confusing, "love" is completely subjective. No one person feels the same thing in "love" as any other. I suppose you could come up with a definition for romantic love, but every person would have to have another definition. I don't think it's worth the trouble.

I don't see how "love at first sight" could be real, either, but I can't think of a good way to discount it off the top of my head so I'll let it go.

Prion
09-13-2008, 03:37 AM
hell no!! love is just chemical process in your brain!!! so you think and create false image off person you are "in love"!!

ChibiSasukex
09-14-2008, 06:48 AM
i really don't know

jtdlives
09-17-2008, 09:06 PM
Do I believe in Hollywoods idea of true love not at all. I do believe in true love that take's hard work. The reason people don't last anymore is because they aren't willing to work at it. True love is not easy it is very hard it takes swallowing your pride, becoming open with another person, sharing everything that makes you the person you are, and accepting everything the other person is including their faults. It takes being able to put your arms around someone when they are in pain. It takes being able to put someone on your back when they can't walk themselves. It takes being able to say I can't do it alone and letting that other person carry you in your time of need. It takes finding out what makes that other person come alive and never letting it die. To sum it up It takes everything you have and then just a little a lit bit more. The only proof I need that true love excist is watching my grampa break down in tears as his wife of fifty years passed away today. Ok I gotta go because my wife of 12 yrs want a cheeseburger from McDs.

Zombiliciouss
09-17-2008, 09:28 PM
Sure, if you think "WHAT ARE YOU DOING OUT OF THE KITCHEN WOMAN!!!!" is love...

Lola Granola
09-17-2008, 09:38 PM
Disney gave everybody high and unrealistic expectations about love.

I believe in real love after trial and error, pain and tears (gives you xp), and lots of time.

Artcell
09-17-2008, 10:12 PM
mommy(miss independent)i think true love really exists,just like you and daddy.

Hekse
09-17-2008, 10:52 PM
Hm, to be honest i'm not exactly sure if I believe in true love or not, i'm leaning towards yes though.

Sakurablue
09-18-2008, 12:44 AM
i used to because i had a girlfriend and see died i dont love anyone. and dont wanna either, well until i'm older

Zombiliciouss
10-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Take my wife, I got a million of them ^_^

Miss Moonlight
10-11-2008, 02:11 PM
well, it depends on what you mean by "love". Love has many meanings, and is many things to many different people.

If you mean romantic love, then I suppose yes, with the right person.

If you mean perfect-fantasy-ideal-ontv-in-anime love, then no.

Dr. Hax
10-11-2008, 03:40 PM
I just found my blog's rant topic for tomorrow. ^_^

Thanks a lot people. I will gather some insight on here and see how they compare to my interests.

Anime-Prince
10-11-2008, 06:51 PM
I do.

I don't listen to the mindless definations of 'Love'. The say it's proven to be this, and it's proven to be that. I don't care, nobody can really prove what it is. And we don't need to. It doesn't have to be proven.

If you feel it, then it's there.
If you don't then it's not.

It might come, it might stay. And we'll find love in different ways.

Kalila Chan
10-11-2008, 06:57 PM
I do believe in Real Love and touche what you said AP.

TriciaRose~
10-15-2008, 06:47 PM
I believe in true love.

CassandraHeart16
10-20-2008, 02:52 PM
There's no true love so why bother with something that could cause so many fights with someone your in love with. but sooner or later you'll dump his or her butt just cause you found someone else.

So my answer is: I do not believe in true love.

Kawairashii hikari
10-20-2008, 03:05 PM
Yesh, i do.
Very much, my last boyfriend taught me what love truly is. Love is loving someone for their good and bad. Even when they hurt you with their words and/or actions. True love is still continually caring for someone even though they might not return your feelings. It's being kind, patient, trusting... and it doesn't boast, or keep any records of wrongs. And when you will basically do (almost)anything for them.

Plus, my parents are still together and are very much in love, so what's not to believe in?

Anime Forum
10-20-2008, 03:14 PM
Yes I believe in true love, true love is a hard concept to understand, but yes, true love does exist in this world. It goes as this, if you are truly in love with someone, you will sacerfice yourself for that person, true love is pretty much puting ur mate before yourself, concluding that you love the person more than you love anything else, so yes, it exists. If you dump a person for reasons of fighting or another reason, that proves they were not your true love, not everyone in this world finds their true love sadly...but it exists.

Archaic Devices
10-20-2008, 04:00 PM
Love isn't real. It's a lie. Don't fall in love.

LadyAmy
10-20-2008, 04:07 PM
i do believe in real love <3
fortunately i have had good luck in that ^^
real love it's when you feel that you can do everything for that person, forgive everything, have fun, you can cry in his shoulder.. real love it's hard to explain, you have to feel it, in your soul, mind, body ^^

Kun
10-20-2008, 04:59 PM
Yes, I do...and that's kind of my problem, because I do believe in true love, I don't believe in much of the persons that claims to be in love, because how can 2 persons be in love and then broke up and be in love with somebody else...

I kind of believe that there is just 1 true love for everyone, and a lot of aproximations to that person... and fate, luck or whatever you want to call it would "arrange things" so that you can have your chance to meet that person at least 1 time in your life, so we gotta be alert not to let that persons run away from our lives..

Sometimes I think...what if I let that person pass me by, and didn't do anything...

But thats kind of my theory hahaha I don't know how I get to that idea haha

InsaneYuuki
10-20-2008, 07:29 PM
I believe in true love, but I also believe that it takes a while to happen. And during the period of time you wait for real and pure love, you're going to go through a lot of pain. Pain caused by people you thought you loved, but never truly did. When you meet the right person, you should really know it.

Kun
10-21-2008, 01:16 AM
I believe in true love, but I also believe that it takes a while to happen. And during the period of time you wait for real and pure love, you're going to go through a lot of pain. Pain caused by people you thought you loved, but never truly did. When you meet the right person, you should really know it.

Totally thats why I was trying to say, but I kind of suck at english hahah