PDA

View Full Version : Pretend You're a Parent

Anpan Hayase
06-17-2008, 02:56 PM
Pretend you're a parent; unless you are a parent (you only have on child, let's keep it simple):
1. Your son or daughter (in the ages of 14-17) wants to have a friend of the opposite sex stay the night. Even though you know you can make rules to separate them for the night and take other precautions as well, would you still allow it?
Or, if you know that your son or daughter is gay and they want to have someone stay the night whom you feel they may like more than a friend, would you allow it? (Btw, I'm not trying to offend anyone in any way. I'm just looking at different perspectives)

2. Have your parents let someone of the opposite sex stay the night at your house? Did they make rules or did they trust you enough to sleep in the same room?
If you are gay, have your parents ever tried to avoid letting you have friends stay the night?

1. I would allow it, as long as both my child and their friend understood and respected my rules.

2. My parents have let boys stay the night but they have to sleep on the couch. We're allowed to stay up as late as we like but it has to be in the living room.
Once I fell asleep in the living room because we were up til about 3 am, when I woke up my mom was pretty mad. She understood though, but now I get constant reminders from my guy friends that stay the night to go to bed.

Overlord Darth Fluffles
06-17-2008, 03:08 PM
1. It depends how old the child is before I take any real concern in. Even so, I wouldn't be too strict. I'd allow it. I might even allow them to sleep in the same room. I mean, sure I could see why SOME parents wouldn't allow it. But I would. Even if my kid was gay, I'd still allow it.

2. Well, I never really invited a gay friend or girl over to stay the night. But I have stayed the night at a gay friends and girls.

Eris
06-17-2008, 03:13 PM
What age range are we speaking?

(1) Prepubescent: I wouldn't set any rules.
(2) Not in age range (1), but too young to legally have sex: I'd probably set some sort of rules, or maybe not. It depends on the kid.
(3) Otherwise, it's none of my business.

Anpan Hayase
06-17-2008, 03:13 PM
I guess I should've gave an age. >.<;; Sorry! I'll fix it!

sadida
06-17-2008, 04:42 PM
1) Nah. Call me conservative.
2) Nope. But then again i don't have any guy or gay friends anyways. And even then i'd probably not be one to ask about them sleeping over... Not that i would even "do" anything, tho.

_Freddie_
06-17-2008, 05:18 PM
1. I would allow it, the condition being if they wanted to sleep in the same room, it would have to be the living room. They would be less likely to try anything in my opinion.

2. I've never had a girl (since I was very young) spend the night at my house, but I have spent the night at a girls house, she was a year younger than me, and just a friend. Since we had been friends for a long time, (since elementary) her parents didn't restrict us at all. (We didn't do anything btw >.>)

~*Red*~
06-17-2008, 05:41 PM
1. I guess I would ask my kid how well they know that person, then I'd probably talk to both of them, and I'd let them stay together, but only if me and their mother are allowed to check on them regularly.

2. Yeah, my parents trust me enough to allow me and a girl to stay in my room, without doing anything suspicious.

Aki_Saku
06-17-2008, 05:55 PM
1. No and no.
There really isn't a point to it, unless they wanted to sleep together. And I would never allow that. He or she could just stay at our house until 8 or 9 pm then go home.

2. I've never asked.
Oh, except when I was little, me and my brother's friends spent the night (but it was in my brother's room).

rEikAbLeU
06-17-2008, 06:28 PM
i would alot it (cause as a child i have done this and did nothing stupid to put myself in harm) i'd just trust my child to follow my rules and not let herself/himself in harm...
and if he is gay, he could let anybody stay over night in our house, but the catch is that person will sleep in a different room...lol...

2.nope, i haven't tried to let anyone sleep in our place, we don't have a very big house so i don't think this question qould fit to me, but if ever i know they won't agree their kinda strict, but i understand...

yilin
06-17-2008, 06:44 PM
1. uhmmm.... if I'm a parent huh? I would allow my child then, coz I can make a rules for them right? and I'll trust my child a lot...^^

2. no, but, they always agree if I want to stay at my friend's house... LOL!

Finvarra
06-17-2008, 07:07 PM
1. I would as long as the othe person would stay in another room.
2. No, my parents do not. : (

Gretel
06-17-2008, 07:15 PM
1. As long as they're separated, so it's fine for me.
2. No, of course. >.> I never got any chance to stay in my friends' house, not a single one! Even in the same sex. >.>

Inamorata
06-17-2008, 07:20 PM
When my daughters older like ages.. 15-17 there will be no males aloud
to stay the night or be alone with her in her room. We'll have a family room/game room for them to spend time in.. and to MAKE sure she doesnt get knocked up I'm making her get birth control. LOL.. cause even if you stop 'em from spending the night or sneaking over... heh a will has a way.. x.x

Hideki Motosuwa.
06-17-2008, 07:29 PM
I would only allow it if I knew this person, otherwise, I'd boot them out of there!! xD I'd have to be able to trust this person, regardless if it's a boy or girl. If there's something that just doesn't feel right about him/her, then I'd tell my son/daughter that, "You live under my rules, and I say you can't have him/her over." I don't care if there's an argument, because I have a six sense about these types of things, like a knack for spotting the bad people =0

Actually, my parents are okay with anyone coming over, as long as my parents are okay with them and know them, regardless of gender :3 That's why my parents are cool :cool:

aishiteru333
06-17-2008, 07:33 PM
I would let my kid have their friend over. It's okay, as long as nothing happens! ^_^

My boy friend has spent the night at my house. We're usually pranking each other by writing on the other's face. LOL! We sleep in my living room on the two couches.

It's really funny when you wake up with writing on your face... More when your parents wonder what happened to it.

*.:Endless Sky:.*
06-17-2008, 07:53 PM
I'd allow it because kids are meant to have fun, and if that's in the form of a friend coming over, then so be it. If I had any reason to suspect them, I'd check up every now and then.

I've never asked to have a boy over.

Beezer
06-17-2008, 08:03 PM
1) It all depends on my kid when I have em. Some kids are responsible and it would be fine for someone of the opposite sex to stay over, and there are some kids who it would be asking for trouble. Pending my kids not a complete douche sure.
Also I'd try to make it more than one person staying over. You're less likely to have your kids goin at it if theres 4 or 5 of them staying over at a time.

2) Never bothered to ask, but I think my parents would've allowed it if it was separate rooms.

allaboutyou3678
06-17-2008, 08:08 PM
I personally don't think I could ever Have kids, but if for some reason it did happen I wouldn't care to be honest. I mean I know I had relations at a really young age so I would be hypocritical.

2) They have, but I honestly don't know if they even knew she was over here.

toyouxwithlove
06-17-2008, 08:25 PM
1. I wouldn't allow it. It's something I'M not even comfortable with. It's not that I wouldn't trust my child, I just find it really weird.

2. That wouldn't happen unless I had a brother, which I don't. If I did, they would trust me, but there would be a separate room policy, which is fine by me.

Ratiasu
06-17-2008, 08:33 PM
1) Sure, if i know the Parents and Child; But i wouldn't let them sleep in the same bed, xD
2) Never thought about letting someone stay over my house, i usually go to their place, lol, but yah im not sure, my parents would probably say Nope...

Cancre
06-17-2008, 09:29 PM
1. no
2. no
im 12 i do know anything ( meaning me as a 12 year old not to offend any other 12 year olds )

Gaara's True Girlfriend
06-18-2008, 12:37 PM
1: Absolutly not. I don't think that is a situation we need to be putting the child in, the temptation to do something would just be too strong, especially if they had feelings for each other. The same goes for the other scenario as well.

Lavos
06-18-2008, 12:51 PM
1. Definitely not. I would sit down with them and have a discussion why not so they could understand my reasoning.

2. Yes.

███
06-18-2008, 07:23 PM
If the child is 14 and you are letting them sleep in the same room, chances are the parents of the other child would sue you.

And to your second question, yes they have. Being the age that I am, I'm sure there isn't much they could do about it.

MoroDashi
06-19-2008, 03:20 AM
1- Hmm. It matter's how my child turns out, you know.
But in general, i'de let them just come over. Not stay. Until my child is old enough to understand how bad it is to be paret so young.
2-Nup. I don't really have the guts. The guy would say no. So would my mom. But i'm not 14 yet anyways ^^

Mayonnaise-Senpai
06-19-2008, 09:22 AM
1. I would let them stay over. But I would have a talk with my child (even if they are gay). But I would trust my child with their friend.
2. NO! I would feel uncomfortable just thinking about the topic. It would be pretty cool if some guy friends could come over. Even though it would be AWKWARD!

Amray
06-20-2008, 03:24 PM
1. By all means. My Mum would let me and that would make me happy, so I suppose that it would make my child happy too if I were to let them have a friend over for the night. Plus, their friend has to be good looking and respectable, I will not have my son/daughter getting married to a fool.

2. As long as they try nothing on me or anyone close to me then I don't care.

genericusername2
06-21-2008, 08:12 AM
Hell, I would hand them a prophylactic.