PDA

View Full Version : Fancy a peek or leave it be?

Beast
06-16-2008, 12:49 AM
Ever wonder how life would turn out if you took a different direction? Say hypothetically you could see 7 years into the future of yourself for every path you could have taken, would you fancy a peek or leave it be to unravel on it's own?

Even though it's a major spoiler, I'd take a look.

International 4-8818
06-16-2008, 12:51 AM
i would not. Life is about that surprise and deep meaning crap. So no i would not want to.

from the title i thought it was going to be about the girl next door curtain's are open. Fancy a peek or leave it be? Lol.

Beast
06-16-2008, 12:54 AM
i would not. Life is about that surprise and deep meaning crap. So no i would not want to.

from the title i thought it was going to be about the girl next door curtain's are open. Fancy a peek or leave it be? Lol.

That was my intention for the topic but I wasn't sure if I'd set off the inappropriate alarm

International 4-8818
06-16-2008, 12:58 AM
yeah it would be inappropriate. But to answer my own question, yeah i would totally fancy a peek.

law~
06-16-2008, 01:04 AM
mhh...
*thinks*
I'd take a look too
So I could avoid that unexpected or undesirable situations I may be involved

hirokiaibalovex3
06-16-2008, 01:44 AM
I would probably take a look ^^
I could be able to see how my life turns out and there is a possibility that I could still change my life, if my peek wasn't how I wanted it to be

Haoie
06-16-2008, 02:02 AM
Call me when you invent that time machine, hmm?

Darklord
06-16-2008, 04:15 AM
Ofcourse I will take a peak.

~*Red*~
06-16-2008, 04:19 AM
Nah, I'd let it unravel out on its own. It would ruin the surprise.

Hideki Motosuwa.
06-16-2008, 08:00 AM
If I could prevent several bad things from happening to me or other people, then I'd gladly take a little peak into the future :) It wouldn't matter if I'm ruining the surprise when lives are at stake!! O_O;.......unless you want these people to die, I suppose :glare:

Aki_Saku
06-16-2008, 09:13 AM
I don't know. That would seem reeeaaally tempting (I'd be dying to know if my life turned out how I wanted, or if it was just another boring life), but I probaly wouldn't... I hate spoilers (laugh). And it would proabaly really screw up my life as it is now. Like, I would be constantly thinking about how my life turned out. So, I would leave it be.

Dxon
06-16-2008, 09:24 AM
I would do it. So I could change the future into something better.

aishiteru333
06-16-2008, 09:31 AM
I think I might have thrown the universe off balance about a month ago when I changed the direction in my life...

I would just let it be! I like surprises... What are you getting me for my birthday?! >.<

Amray
06-16-2008, 10:06 AM
No.

Whatever happens, happens. I can get that far in life myself and decide the outcome of things when I am actually there, in that time. I just tend to sit back and play this game known as "Life", and deal with whatever is thrown at me. Whoever enjoys this game most wins. ^^

Mayonnaise-Senpai
06-16-2008, 10:34 AM
I would take a look. Its interesting seeing the future.

MistressPookyChan
06-16-2008, 10:34 AM
gah, i hate surprises! So, given the chance, I would take it. However, my life has taken a totally different path than I could have ever expected. no regrets and loving every moment of it!!

poison.ivy
06-16-2008, 10:50 AM
I would definitely be tempted, but I'd try my best not to. It would suck if I'd seen myself as something I'd rather die than become :/ Future is as scary as it is, no need to know if my life will be ruined in X years ^^ But then again, seeing something like that could make me try to change it... *thinks deeply* Damn it, I just beat my own statement. >.>

Amarhyllis
06-16-2008, 11:38 AM
Oh yeah, I'd definitely take a look. I would want to know if my life would be the way I'd expected/planned or if something god awful was going to happen. So the answer is yes, I'd do it.

blueangel06661
06-16-2008, 11:44 AM
I would. >.> I always think about the future. Even if it's a spoiler. So what... Fates can be altered o.-

mississippibaby
06-16-2008, 11:46 AM
id take a look. if something goes wrong i can always change it before it happens

IceBubleFlava
06-16-2008, 11:59 AM
Hmm....I would let it unravel, even though at times I may get fustrated, and wanna see how my life is in da future its ok. I just wanna live life. An jus let da bad days past by. lol

███
06-16-2008, 07:20 PM
Considering future is of personal choice, I don't believe looking into the future would work.

keezy.
06-16-2008, 08:32 PM
Considering future is of personal choice, I don't believe looking into the future would work.

I see what you mean.
If you knew what would happen, wouldn't that somehow affect or change the outcome?

Though to answer the question, curiousity would get the better of me.
It's kind of like Pandora's Box.
x.x;

Perpetual Specter
06-16-2008, 11:16 PM
I would certainly take a peek so that, if possible, I could change that future in order to make it better--preventing mistakes before they happen.

Datenshi
06-17-2008, 12:15 AM
I don't think it would matter one way or the other, as long as there's still Internet and anime and instant ramen in the future. Yep, hair a bit longer, eyes a bit dead-er, nothing new here.

Overlord Darth Fluffles
06-17-2008, 10:27 AM
I'd be tempted....STRONGLY tempted to look. But then I would graba hold and go "NO! Suprises are nice....even if they are 100% suck."

So I wouldn't look, and await whatever wad of horrible awaits me.

Eris
06-17-2008, 10:42 AM
It would be quite meaningless. Seeing the future invalidates the future you see, since being aware of the future changes how you act. You can, of course predict this new future as well, but then that prediction is also invalidated because this new knowledge also modifies your actions. Rinse, repeat.

Reniti
06-17-2008, 03:57 PM
Hm. I actually thought about it. But I would say yes.... much as I would like to be optimistic and keep the future a surprise, if it turned out crap, I could fix it.

Et cetera
06-17-2008, 04:33 PM
Nope. Although I am tempted to take a peek, I know it won't do me any good.
I'd feel uneasy if I take a look into the future and find unpleasant things that await me. I'd rather leave things the way they are and let it unravel on its own.

Furthermore, I don't want to spoil what I do right now. If I take a look into the future, I might be tempted to do the things that will resemble my future. I might even ditch other possibilities or choices that I currently have.

daft
06-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Not really. Life's about making choices and not looking back. It's no fun when it's expected.

Ratiasu
06-17-2008, 08:04 PM
i Cant, changing the future might mess up Time~Space and the universe might disappear in the flash or be ruled by talking birds, xD But seriously it's tempting and all, but if i knew what would happen life would be even more of a bore

Cancre
06-17-2008, 09:25 PM
it's like wishing on a star and then telling someone it wont come true so if you see the future thats not going to happen becuase you just saw it and are changing the the course with every second your alive so i wouldn't peek

~Rose~
06-17-2008, 09:32 PM
I would take a look to see how my life would turn out or see what I would need to change to make you it how I want to be.

Beezer
06-17-2008, 09:46 PM
yea I'd look. Knowing that by looking, I'm probably causing the future I just saw happen, it'd be interesting just for the hell of it.

Mizuki Ashiya
06-20-2008, 04:13 PM
Cris Johnson: "Here is the thing about the future. Every time you look at, it changes, because you looked at it, and that changes everything else."

For me, I like things simple and unpredictable. So no, I don't fancy a peek. =D

Happi Giraffe!
06-20-2008, 05:18 PM
it wouldnt hurt to just take a quick sneak peak. i wouldnt try to take a different direction if it was something bad, though...depending on how bad the thing was. things happen for a reason. if you change that, you might end up changing the entire course of history or sumtin like that. and that would be a bad thing.

Kobbler
06-20-2008, 05:28 PM
Even if I knew exactly what the outcome of my actions would be it wouldnt change a thing for me. Im still going to do things my way, even if its sometimes not the best move.

Hideki Motosuwa.
06-21-2008, 12:11 AM
As bad as things are in my life right now, I think I would like to fancy a little peak into my future and see what's going on, just because :closedeye

╬Karami Mew~Meow
06-21-2008, 12:14 AM
Hypothetically, of course. But other than that, I'll just let it flow.

NorthOfTime
06-21-2008, 12:24 AM
Um yea temptaion might get me then but now i say no. I do like to live my life fully on the edge and one step at a time. Plus what would happen if you looked in the future 7 years persay and you see nothing because you were dead. for what ever reason you are dead. I n my case it would be because an insugent blew his load next to me or something. Or i was sniped, or better yet i killed my self while cleaning my weapon (ohhh the irony of that happening)

But what would you do if you went through all possible paths of life before then and you still die...Wouldnt that be a sucky way to find out fate is real and that you would live the next few years of your life knowing how you would die and it couldnt be helped? To me that would suck. I would feel trapped by my own knowledge. Sorry couldnt live like that. Free as sand in a desert is how i like it. Ignorance doesnt mean its not going to happen i know but i would rather it be a surprise then sweating about it for how ever long. I dont know this was just a though.

MoroDashi
06-21-2008, 12:30 AM
Hmm. Well, as much as i'de like to peek. I wouldn't. It's better to live your life with some surprises then knowing what's ahead of you.

Konata Izumi
06-21-2008, 02:06 AM
I'm a very curious person. So I would take a peek.

CapnJack
06-21-2008, 05:53 AM
Ive had too many 'surprises' in my life that I didnt like. Now Id like to know whats coming so I can prepare better for them. Not so much to avoid them, though that would make it so much simpler, but to better plan them more clearly. "Stacking the deck" in other words. Id maybe retro start this a few years back.

aotsuki
06-21-2008, 06:57 AM
I think I'll take a peek, then I'll prepare better if something bad would happened, so I won't regret anything I've done, because I already have many thing that I regret.

Souji Seta
06-21-2008, 07:41 AM
I'd take a peek at the future. It's a good thing to have. I can know the correct answer to test questions, the winning numbers to the lottery etc...
Well, thats one application.

Another would be to prevent bad things from happening. As they say, "Prevention is better than cure." I could prevent deaths from happening. I can definitely use that power. If you remember the series, "Early Edition." I'd apply my power the same way the main character there uses it.