PDA

View Full Version : Viva La Vida- The New Coldplay Album!

MoroDashi
06-15-2008, 10:56 PM
Viva La Vida is set to be one of the best Coldplay albums! I love it! I love it all!
And, they are the best band live! Go see them, hehe! So, what do you think of the new album? I think it rocks! Do you want to buy it?

Gandizzl
06-15-2008, 11:09 PM
This album is actually quite good, something I really can't say their other stuff is.
A nice poprock album that probably will get some runs in my player.
It's more lively and fun to listen to than their previous stuff.

But a few things bother me... Why pick the weakest track of the record and make it the single?
And a few songs are too long, and 3 songs have 2 parts, just that they're in the same track.
I love "Lovers In Japan/Reign Of Love", but why not split it into two tracks when it's so obvious that the next part starts?

And best live band? No.
I may see them when they come here in September though because I think this album would sound good live, but I fear getting served their older stuff as well.

Memento Mori
06-15-2008, 11:18 PM
Very nice music on Coldplay's behalf, even though they suck majorly.

Though, I do not buy albums.

I have the radio.

I can wait for it to come on.

ladysesshomaru
06-16-2008, 01:00 AM
Already bought it..XD

Ryth
06-16-2008, 10:29 AM
It's their best album to date... which says very, very, very little. This is pretty boring, but I'll take it over crap like X&Y any day.

The Wing Man
06-29-2008, 11:17 PM
Yah I liked the album, not every track but there was some really good ones on there.

Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki
06-30-2008, 03:28 PM
-Sigh- It's so hard to find Coldplay fans. I almost tend to believe that they don't exist.

I loved this album, especially Lovers in Japan and Violet Hill. I didn't think Viva la Vida was all that bad, actually. It's a very catchy song. It is a tie between A Rush of Cold Blood to the Head and Viva la Vida, though, in my opinion. This album was brilliant, and definitely one of their best. I personally love Coldplay, even if X&Y wasn't the greatest.

aishiteru333
06-30-2008, 04:54 PM
I heard that they stole their hit song from another band.

As far as the album... My sister likes it.

~*Red*~
06-30-2008, 05:13 PM
Their new album is pretty good. I've watched the music video for "Violet Hill" countless times on YouTube. It's a good one.

Ryth
06-30-2008, 05:49 PM
I heard that they stole their hit song from another band.

As far as the album... My sister likes it.

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by hit song, but yeah, Vida La Vida is pretty much a COMPLETELY SHAMELESS rip-off of Joe Satriani's Learning To Fly. Albeit it is a very common riff/chord progression, there are far too many similarities to write it off as a coincidence or something.

Sapphire14
06-30-2008, 06:21 PM
I LOVE Viva La Vida (the song)! the instrumentals are so COOL!

Alive-And-Dreaming
07-01-2008, 12:50 PM
It's not Santriani, it's an indie band from NY. I forget the name, but it sounds exactly the same only it has actual drumming instead of some pretentious brit hitting 1 drum over and over again.

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Coldplay < Radiohead. [/thread]

Ryth
07-01-2008, 05:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ofFw9DKu_I

Seems like they copied Sat to me. :p

Radiohead > Coldplay.

But both equal boring. Coldplay rips off Radiohead all the time as well.

Masali
07-01-2008, 06:11 PM
Coldplay. Oh Coldplay, what do we do with you? Well, as far as I'm concerned, musically, they're alright. They write catchy songs, that didn't take much effort to compose. Nothing wrong with that, it makes people happy. For me, they're a great band to learn a couple of their hits on Piano and guitar and then impress girls by playing them so you can get a lil' something. That's what coldplay's main use is for me. Boredom and makeout music. Other than that? Useless.

TheAsterisk!
07-08-2008, 02:30 PM
Coldplay is mediocrity and indistinction in music personified. They get on TV a lot, make a few too many commercials, and none of them can seem to decide who plays which instrument, all while managing to sound like everything else. They aren't bad, but they've no reason to be noticed. They simply exist; "blah" describes them best.
Good Day, sir!