PDA

View Full Version : [wallpapers] i <3 coffee

MistressPookyChan
06-13-2008, 08:46 AM
Back by popular demand: a wallpaper contest!!!

As most people know, I am sort of obsessed with coffee. To carry my obsession around, I use a starbucks tumbler. It's not any tumbler though... it's a design-your-own kind of tumbler. This means that I can change the design to anything I want using a spiffy template.

This is where you come in. :)

The goal of the contest is: make a coffee (or tea) themed inset for a tall starbucks tumbler.

Since this is a wallpapers forum, you must make TWO items: one wallpaper, and one tumbler inset (see files/links). This isn't difficult, just crop your wallpaper to fit the tumbler template.

Theme: coffee (or tea, or cafe-inspired)
dimensions: see files for the tumbler dimensions, wallpaper must be at least 1024x768 (wide screen is allowed)
rating: MUST BE kid-friendly and work safe. nothing sexual, no panty shots, etc etc.
due date: June 27th, with voting to follow.

animewallpapers.com must be somewhere on both the tumbler and the wallpaper.

Prizes:
people's choice and pooky's choice winner will receive a very lovely banner *ooohaaah*. They will also be featured on Pooky's tumbler (with pictures to show proof!). Haven't you always wanted your art to go with Pooky to work?

Files:
template (psd file)
template (jpg file, the light blue area)

links for inspiration
blog with template download (http://www.theshaffers.org/announcements/archives/2005/10/28/create-your-own/)
styles from starbucks (PDF) (http://www.starbucks.com/retail/memory.asp)

edit: Please keep spamming out of here. If you want to offer advice, keep it general. Personal advice should be kept to PMs. Due to the nature of this contest, I may pop in from time to time to help out.

KuroTan
06-13-2008, 05:08 PM
Ooh, sounds like a fun project. I have a question, the theme says coffee or tea, does that mean we have to literally show something about those two or can it be like something related to it? e.g. hyperactiveness, perkiness, etc.

Famahama
06-14-2008, 02:28 AM
2 things?
Awesome =D
Are we allowed to make completely different designs for the Tumbler and the wallpaper? Or maybe some slight changes? (Tough regulations here, balancing will be pretty darn hard)

Hautalken
06-14-2008, 04:08 AM
So we make 2 things...
alright. I'm still a bit confused about everything. It'll take me a while to figure this template thingy out. Are we supposed to cut off the blue thing in the attachment and put in our own image-thingy there? I'm horrible at templates T_T

MistressPookyChan
06-14-2008, 07:05 AM
@karuto: the blue thingy is the size of the tumbler "wallpaper". so, when I put it in my tumbler, I will be cutting out the blue part. The image should be on there.

@kuro: as the theme said, it must be coffee inspired (though tea and cafes are accept). If you go a different route, and you can clearly show something about coffee, then go for it. For example, write "I <3 coffee" next to the hyper girl.

@unleh: i would like them to be the same, but very similar design is ok. ie, change the character placement, change font size/location, etc

KuroTan
06-15-2008, 11:14 PM
*EDIT*

Changed my entry! I hope it's ok that the text is different; they're kinda related. Sorta.^^' Oh, and I do think that's a coffee table. Hopefully. I will it to be coffee table in order for me to tie it in with the theme.xD

MistressPookyChan
06-16-2008, 09:38 AM
haha!!!! Since it has a reference to coffee, I'll accept it.

@kuro- just a little suggestion: make an unpersonalized version so that everyone can use it (and because no one at school knows me as Pooky! They know me as Candi-sensei :3).

suggestion to everyone: This isn't a normal wallpaper. There are no icons to get in the way. Therefore, have fun with fonts and images! Think of it more as an ad. Also, there is a bit of overlap on the edges of this template so try not to stick everything on the sides (I'd make things more in the middle or off to one side instead of both sides)

>_o_aiglos_o_>
06-16-2008, 10:56 AM
Hmm.. I have never worked on wallpapers yet. What's the preferred size?

MistressPookyChan
06-17-2008, 03:39 AM
There are a few different sizes that are used. One is 1024x768, another (widescreen) is 1680x1050. Take a look at AW.com wallpapers to see some other sizes!

Ωmega
06-17-2008, 06:09 PM
I looked over some of the samples from Starbucks, and I think it should be able to print out more complex stuff :3

So yes, my entry ^_^

[Red Garden <33]

buhbibutterfly
06-17-2008, 08:49 PM
i think i'm finally done with my final edits ^_^

MistressPookyChan
06-18-2008, 09:03 AM
don't forget to keep it kid-friendly! Some of these are borderline (I seriously thought those were boobs at first, maru XD!!! )

MistressPookyChan
06-19-2008, 08:36 AM
i want more wallpapers!!!

MistressPookyChan
06-20-2008, 07:53 AM
ONE MORE WEEK!!!! Where are my wallpapers? My tumbler needs new art.

Ωmega
06-24-2008, 02:46 PM
Added an handle to one of the cups. It didnt come out excatly how I wanted it, but this is the best I can get it right now @__@

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/3121/coffee2copyxb8.th.jpg (http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=coffee2copyxb8.jpg)

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/9130/starbucksmemorytumblerror2.th.png (http://img47.imageshack.us/my.php?image=starbucksmemorytumblerror2.png)

MistressPookyChan
06-25-2008, 09:41 PM
looks great. only 3 entries??!?!?! The deadline is friday, so get them in!

MistressPookyChan
06-27-2008, 07:12 AM
only 3 walls?!?!?!

MistressPookyChan
07-05-2008, 10:02 AM
sorry, been away from the comp for personal reasons. contest is finished and I will get voting up shortly.

but just a fyi, im very disappointed with the low number.

Ωmega
07-17-2008, 01:17 PM
Sorry to rebump this, I was just wondering if the people's choice will be the one printed on the tumbler or if Pookys's choice will be.

And Im also really surpirsed at the lack of entries. I was sure that there was going to be at least 2 entries with L drinking tea or something.

MistressPookyChan
07-19-2008, 10:31 AM
sorry, been away from the comp for a couple weeks due to personal stuff going on IRL.

Due to the low numbers, I will do Pooky's Choice only and that person will be the main winner. However, I have something special for all participants. :)