PDA

View Full Version : Your First Cosplay

Lavos
06-11-2008, 07:56 PM
James from Pokemon. I wore it at AX2002, and people had no clue who the heck I was. I wear it now, and people go nuts. Go figure.

Kobbler
06-12-2008, 03:40 PM
Bunji Kugashira from GunGrave at SakuraCon 2008

Im planing about going as a member of Gantz to KumoriCon this year as my second cosplay.

~ Darling Dream ~
06-12-2008, 06:04 PM
My first cosplay was Haruhi Suzumiya at Anime Wasabi '08.
And I was EMBARRASSED.
First of all, I didn't wear the headband because I couldn't find the right material to make it with, second, I wear glasses and couldn't afford contacts, and I didn't have the right socks or shoes. D:
But cosplaying for the first time was really fun. ^^;

Celes Victoria
06-15-2008, 07:49 AM
Rukia Kuchiki from Bleach.

Yuuki Kurosu
06-15-2008, 08:48 PM
Edward Elric at AUSA '07
It was funn! ^_^ lolz

Inamorata
06-15-2008, 09:40 PM
I have never actually been to one.. Although I have always wanted to go
to one. Hehe.. I would go dressed as a anime character I made up
her name is Hobo Kitty. Its a cat girl whose a terrorist/assassin. ^^
I also want to take my little daughter and husband to one. It'd be so
much fun for her.

Aki_Saku
06-16-2008, 09:42 AM
I've never cosplayed, but I really want to! Sometime in the next two years (that's my goal), I want to cosplay Tenten from the original Naruto (or maybe Shippuuden... I haven't decided yet). She's my favourite Naruto girl, and I look the most like her than any other anime character (that I know of). I don't want to have to buy a wig for my first cosplay, I want to see how much I like it first u_u

CroSsplay!
06-17-2008, 01:32 AM
I've never cosplayed, but I really want to! Sometime in the next two years (that's my goal), I want to cosplay Tenten from the original Naruto (or maybe Shippuuden... I haven't decided yet). She's my favourite Naruto girl, and I look the most like her than any other anime character (that I know of). I don't want to have to buy a wig for my first cosplay, I want to see how much I like it first u_u

Ten-Ten???.. some one actually likes ten-ten -.-". Na shes cool.

any way my first cosplay was Sora from KH1 i was 12 or 11 i cant remember, but i've been cosplaying ever since.

Jumbie
06-17-2008, 11:48 PM
Roxas from KH2 was my first cosplay. D: I'm so ashamed of it now ^^;;

KLMachinate
06-18-2008, 12:08 AM
I've always wanted to try it, but there are never any opportunities around here, and I can't fly halfway across the country to go to a convention.

hirokiaibalovex3
06-18-2008, 12:38 AM
I never went to a cosplay convention or anything, but I did cosplay with some friends for Halloween ^^. I dressed up as Hinata from Naruto- the costume wasn't that good though, I had to make my own.

curry
06-18-2008, 01:08 AM
Li Meiling from Cardcaptor Sakura, AX 2000. Ugh. It wasn't a pretty sight. xD;

DaRkAnGeL_2919
06-21-2008, 08:00 AM
misa misa from death note O:
considering my first con was sometime last year~
it was the only thing i could pull off with what i had in my closet P:

LadyShizuka
06-30-2008, 08:35 PM
Sailor Jupiter at AWA 2006 (anime weekend atlanta)

xg_unitx
07-06-2008, 02:10 PM
Heya! I'm relatively new to the whole anime/manga thing (probably been into it for around 6 months) and my cousin, who is a MAJOR anime lover has already invited me to a cosplay convention. Gulp.

Man! She's never been to one before either, but she's somewhat alot more confident than me.

I was just wondering what kind of things to expect?? So I'm not too shocked or... disturbed lol by anything completely unexpected!

Also I have no idea whatsoever who to cosplay as. I don't know who I could really pull off - coz I actually want to resemble my character.

Hmmmm, Im around 5"5, 110 pounds, shoulder length yellow/blonde hair - and I've got loads of colour eye contacts anyway, so that doesn't matter much.

I was thinking, Ed Elric - if I walk sorta hunched?> could help lol

Tsunade - But I don't think I have quite THAT much breast lol lol :D:D

I also really find the idea of doing Naruto's sexy no jutsu hilarious- but in no way am I confident enough for that.

Im prepared to buy a wig and the whole costume but I;m just sorta stumped as a newbie - any ideas??

thankies x

barsett
07-07-2008, 02:37 AM
http://www.animeforum.com/image/thum_1665374871c748895fd.jpg (http://www.animeforum.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=33285)
may i post my pic here..?
hoho..
anyway it's my first time..
cosplaying as wizard from RO(ragnarok online)..
pretty much failed eh..
hix hix...
but it was really fun back there :D

ToriMitsuki
07-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Misa from Death Note! Woot~

DynastyxFell
07-07-2008, 10:15 PM
Sailor Mercury, a few years ago. Still have the costume, along with a Sailor Neptune. :]

Yanagi Satan
07-08-2008, 03:16 PM
We can post pictures right? O.o
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n154/anna_loves_yoh/Asuka_Tekken_5__by_sloppey.jpg
Well anyways that was my very first cosplay xD and i also cosplay the Gothic lolita style also enspired by Mana! XD

Ligno
07-09-2008, 03:43 PM
My fisrt cosplay was Kaoru from Kenshin! And it was really sad because it's the only character wich isn't based in one real!

lol

Hi ame
07-12-2008, 09:19 PM
I've wanted to go to a convention for a while, but sadly I can't find any near me.. ha and I still have to convince my friend that she should go with me if I find one ;) But, I have never actually been to one.

Memento Mori
07-14-2008, 09:51 AM
Pikachu... when I was 3. @____@

Diocletian
07-14-2008, 11:03 AM
I can Cos as Chad from Bleach and that's about it.I can look like a dark-skinned L.Where can you find a 6'0 Mexican anime character?

Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki
07-18-2008, 07:22 PM
My first was Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia. The ONLY problem was I could get my hair to spike XD! Otherwise, it didn't look too bad.

ezehmeh
07-19-2008, 04:55 AM
hehe
my first cosplay was only in may, and i went as Mello from death note (with my friend who went as Matt)
it was loads of fun! even though taking the first few steps outside the house were terrifying, but once we got there, i did know why we didn't go to one sooner! =]

Lando
07-20-2008, 10:58 PM
I always wanted to do a cosplay from Robert Garcia (KOF) ... but i got my hair cut , so me and my friend are going to do Dante and Virgil next convention ... Anyone got a tip for us (fabric for clothing, mats for the swords ...) ?

wbdigi
08-15-2008, 05:31 AM
Roxas from KH2 was my first cosplay. D: I'm so ashamed of it now ^^;;

N-Zero
08-15-2008, 01:07 PM
Shinji from Bleach. It was pretty sweet.

ichigoangel06
08-28-2008, 10:35 AM
My first cosplay was in AV 2007:p
I dressed up as Inuyasha^^:D
My mom and I actually made the costume^^ it came out better than expected^^

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/inuyashalover123/anime%20vegas/cloud2.jpg

drm0ney
08-28-2008, 12:05 PM
My first was Akito from Air Gear. A friend of mine made it for me. ^.^ it was fun.

Raesama
08-30-2008, 06:12 PM
Technically, my first cosplay could be considered Charmander from Pokemon when I was 6... lolz

But other than that, Sakura, from CCS.

rikumi
08-31-2008, 01:16 AM
It was....Tsunade-sama T_T. I have to wear slippers that made me ache O_O"

kira-killed-me
08-31-2008, 11:21 AM
Mines was last year at the london expo i cosplayed Anbu Kakashi

Em-sempai
09-01-2008, 01:14 AM
I cross-dressed as Elraine from Double Arts at my first con and my girlfriend was Sui. It was so sexy. :D

Evockzi
09-01-2008, 02:55 AM
My First is hopefully is Next year o.o... Going down with my Friend.

But Really not sure what I would want to Cosplay as.. tempted to do Zero but I've been looking for Helmet and that seems nearly impossible to get ahold of, If anyone knows anything about a Zero Helmet let me know ^^...

But I'll probably Cosplay as some Random Character from an Anime I enjoyed.

Neriah
09-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Let's see. It was Animefest 2006 and it was really cold in one of the viewing rooms so I impulsively bought one of the female uniforms from fma. X3 It was ALOT of fun, though the whole outfit was completely destroyed by my flipflops. XD

BlackDragon15
09-03-2008, 07:26 PM
I haven't really cosplayed yet but my first one will be Naruko....I'll hopefully get to cosplay it in a few weeks....that is if I get the jacket done and a wig, hehe^^;

Yuuki Kurosu
09-04-2008, 04:20 PM
Edward Elric from FMA.
So ashamed of it now. .__.; xD

godsofdeathluvapples13
09-04-2008, 04:27 PM
I was Mulan. I looked like crap........ but i felt so good. Hmmmmm I think i might be a loser! XD And then Jordan from Oban Star Racers. Yes i was dressed as a guy, in an army outfit, but my friend called herself the "white trash" versoin of Molly (the other main character on the show).

Raiana-chan
09-16-2008, 04:07 PM
My first cosplay was Sai from Naruto....I think I did an okay job... Seeing all the Naruto's at the con that were there were after me T_T If you wanna see how crappy I look then here... http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l272/satsuki_01/anime037.jpg

RavynX
09-20-2008, 10:36 AM
I haven't cosplayed or gone to a convention yet; I missed the local one here a couple months back, but I do plan on trying it out sometime either for Halloween or a convention. I just have to figure out which anime character I resemble the most. My pic is in profile if you're good at figuring that stuff out. ^_^

The Rebel
09-20-2008, 12:47 PM
My first cosplay was of "L" from Deathnote. I really didn't think I'd get to go to my first con til a few months before the 2008 Sakuracon, so I had to go with a quicky costume. I really had wanted to do Darkside, but didn't have the time or the cash to put together a good costume for him.

Zenni-Kun
09-20-2008, 09:02 PM
ive never been to a convention, nor have i ever cosplayed before in my life, but when i get the outfit that i have in the works, i'l be dressing up as a kitsune named max, who has a sharp tounge and is even sharper with a sniper rifle, and yes he is a character that i myself created for an RP way long ago

DokiBox
09-22-2008, 05:33 PM
Kyaa!! xD I love James!

Well, I was Misha from Pita-ten. I picked the pajamas though since it was a first cosplay. Although, I'd never cosplay that sort of character anymore. <<
Too cute for my personality...

blueangel06661
09-22-2008, 07:59 PM
My first cosplay was aizawa tomomi From Pia Carrot. I wore it to metrocon 06. No one but one person knew who I was.
:[

Digital Dragon
09-23-2008, 09:27 PM
My first anime style cosplay was at Sekuracon, which I went to with Rebel, and I did a Natuto style character but not a specific character. Apparently a lot of people thought I was trying to do Naruto and it was poorly done, mainly because I had a frog on my shoulder.

Leckaa
09-24-2008, 01:07 PM
Charmy (From DDR)
Or if you play stepmania, The toasty girl
It was awesome despite the large cut ring i got around my neck from it =/
Btw, that was at Ai-kon 07

No one but one person knew who I was.

Same =[

svetlatus
10-06-2008, 11:19 PM
My first cosplay was Rosette Christopher from Chrono Crusade. I wore it to my first convention at PersaCon '08 in Huntsville, Alabama. I recently went to Anime Weekend Atlanta (AWA) and wore it there as well (although, I got mistaken for Bridget alot <_< )

Sakurablue
10-07-2008, 10:13 AM
James from Pokemon. I wore it at AX2002, and people had no clue who the heck I was. I wear it now, and people go nuts. Go figure.
Cool!
I having my first ever cosplay on halloween! and i might wear it on friday (10th Oct) for non-school uniform

*~Lily_Gemini~*
10-07-2008, 12:30 PM
lol, i went to a convention for a full weekend. from friday to sunday. each day i cosplayed.

it went like as follows:
L-Deathnote
Rikku- ffx2
Riku-kh2

lol, the best ones were rikku and l

CheekyChops
10-11-2008, 12:29 AM
This is my first time cosplaying lol, im going as Misa Amane from Death Note for an event next weekend :)

ElderSage
10-11-2008, 09:27 PM
I'll be cosplaying for my first time next month at Janicon in Jacksonville. Going to be going as Haseo's first form from .//G.U.Triology

The Rebel
10-12-2008, 02:20 PM
I'll be cosplaying for my first time next month at Janicon in Jacksonville. Going to be going as Haseo's first form from .//G.U.Triology
Haseo, eh? You'll have to take pics to share with us. I'd like to see how the costume turns out.

ElderSage
10-13-2008, 09:03 AM
Don't worry I'll post pictures :). Regarding the costume I'll have to admit upfront that I'm paying somebody to custom design the costume for me. I would attempt to make it myself however, I currently live on board the Gettysburg and there isn't nearly enough room to make anything like that here:(.

ninja_master
11-08-2008, 09:48 PM
it wasn't to a con but i first cosplayed rock lee to a mates birthday party because i used to look just like him way back when now my hairs different though so i plan to buy a wig. i made the rest of the costume myself it was at the beginning of 2003 but i think did a damn good job. no pics though.... found out computers dont like magnets... the hard way:banghead::(

haruhicosplaytmohs
11-11-2008, 03:57 AM
Wow! I'm finally cosplaying! I don't yet have my character's "seifuku" (uniform- I'm cosplaying as Haruhi Suzumiya) yet, but I have the headband and that'd a start, so I'm taking pictures of me in casual cosplay. NEedless to say, I'm new and inexperienced so they're not v. good, but they're OK for my first time! :D

I am also a part of a cosplaying group called Behind the Anime. As soon as all our other members have their stuffs, we'll take pics, videotape ourselves n all that in skits :D

.Rainbowed.Demon.
11-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Misa Misa from Death Note at Portcon 2008

Although.. Cat ears and Brown hair don't really fit~

kalintzfelix
11-12-2008, 07:44 AM
I didn't cosplayed in a con or anything, but I cosplayed in this small Gundam Caravan. I didn't cosplay any main characters, just a common ZAFT soldier (No good weapons either, just a fake rifle....which the security checked if it was real, I was even frisked!!). I couldn't find any pictures to scan tho >_< (LOST FOREVER, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!)

*hand/head* Man I fail miserably...

╬Karami Mew~Meow
11-15-2008, 08:40 PM
My first was Dark from DN Angel.

iKeitee
11-16-2008, 03:40 PM
My first cosplay was..
Lenalee.
^__^
From D.Gray-Man.

[Phoenix~Illusions]
11-17-2008, 01:29 PM
I'm going to Anime Boston this upcoming May, it'll be my first con (there's never any around where I live- Boston's a good twelve hour drive, only reason I get to go is because my mom loves going to Boston).

Me, my brother, my sister, and my sister's boyfriend are going as Turks (from FFVII).
Not the existing ones, though- we're going as original Turk characters. We've already got our outfits together. It's gonna be fun!

We might be doing crazy stuff while we're there, so if anyone hears about crazy Turks at Anime Boston 'o9, it'd probably be us. xD

We were kicking around the idea of Harvest Moon characters, too, but I don't know if that's going to happen or not.

Koubashii
11-19-2008, 09:50 AM
My first cosplay was the 8th of November, this year, where I cosplayed Sasori from Naruto, and my best pal cosplayed Deidara.
That's my first and last time as a Naruto character, it's not fun when you see 197348956 people in Akatsuki coats. o_o

loveless92
11-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Wow! I'm finally cosplaying! I don't yet have my character's "seifuku" (uniform- I'm cosplaying as Haruhi Suzumiya) yet, but I have the headband and that'd a start, so I'm taking pictures of me in casual cosplay. NEedless to say, I'm new and inexperienced so they're not v. good, but they're OK for my first time! :D

I am also a part of a cosplaying group called Behind the Anime. As soon as all our other members have their stuffs, we'll take pics, videotape ourselves n all that in skits :D
cool! i wish that i could make a group but i dont have any friends into anime and stuff... kansas sucks.

loveless92
11-23-2008, 07:14 PM
I'm hopefully going to go to Naka Kon 2009 in Kansas City and I'm gonna cosplay Ritsuka from Loveless (suprise, suprise lol). i already have all the stuff except the bandages. i cant wait to do my first cosplay!

Eikoseisui
11-27-2008, 02:07 PM
My first cosplay was Hikari from Digimon season 2. It was at the Cowboy Bebop movie release back in 2003 and they were having a cosplay contest at a local theater.

My first cosplay at a con was Tifa Lockheart at Jacon 2003. My outfit was so ghetto. ><

Yuna
11-30-2008, 09:28 PM
My first cosplay was, believe it or not, Sailor Moon. :3 That's when it was still on TV after school around 4. I used to come home, rush over to the TV and whip on channel [enter channel number here - since I don't remember] and jump from one couch to the other.

I think I hit my head a few times, but.. whateve.

Anyway, It seemed as if my whole class was obsessed with Sailor Moon - so much so that we created a club, and yes.. I was Sailor Moon. My "boyfwend" at the time was Tuxedo Mask; it was so hilarious. :'D ( Well, my best guy friend, I should say. ) We had all of the Sailor Scouts including Pluto, Uranus, and Neptune. So, for that halloween my mom, grandmother, and I created the complete Sailor Moon oufit. I loved it so much, it was perfect. ( I loved the fact that I used fishing bobers as the red-like odangos in her hair. xD - My mom thought of that.)

I really wish I had a picture; ahh well. I still have the complete oufit. Plus, you have to realize that this was during 4th grade - Soooo yeah. xD

Such fun times <3

wolfgirlliera
12-03-2008, 11:25 AM
you should make the clothing thick.
like an overcoat or something.
and you can make the swords out of cardbord...
dont put aluminum foil on it if you dont want it to look fake.
put a smoot thin ducttape on it.
some cardbord underneath it.
like go to home depot or something and try to imagine the sword and you'll think of what to buy.
hopefully that helped
^.^

purplekiwi101
12-08-2008, 06:23 PM
well i was Misty from Pokemon and about 5 people told me red suspenders stood for white supremisist or something.....okay...it was fun though even if i only had auburn hair, not orange, and my legs aren't almost double the length of my torso.

LexxieLuu
12-09-2008, 09:14 PM
My first Cosplay was L from death Note. I had no time and it was my favorite Anime at the time and I love L. I took time in doing L. I made my hair look like his and I did really good. I can post a picture but I definitely didn't be in bare feet all day haha.

skinnyp
12-24-2008, 02:55 AM
I went to a con last year and it inspired me to cosplay this year when I go again. I want something simple, which is why I'm thinking Ash from Pokemon. Simple yet recognizable, so I think it'll work. I want to do something I can actually pull off well, so that's what I've got right now...

JIMBO.
01-02-2009, 09:18 AM
back in 05

Akuma good times was had

the pose
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/jimbo8472/Akuma.jpg

trying to kill Dan
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/jimbo8472/akuownsdan.jpg

trying to fight X
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/jimbo8472/cosplay6.jpg

trying the duek with mitts on
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/jimbo8472/akum.jpg

Tsunde-Rei
01-03-2009, 02:56 AM
I was Lukia, from Godchild.

Yay obscurity.

donnakotoba
01-07-2009, 05:08 AM
Near from Death Note.
It was in November 2006. :)

TrucyTrucy
01-28-2009, 08:24 PM
Misa Amane.
Pretty fail.
I'm going to a con as her again and it'll look way better. xD

wolfgirlliera
02-09-2009, 07:44 AM
hmm
misa's annoying...
and everyone cosplay's as her...
-.-
but...
you could probly do it pretty good.
so i cheer you on...

Dr. Hax
02-09-2009, 07:58 AM
Itoshiki Nozomu from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei...something that tops a lot of anime

ArAnCaR_No_6
02-14-2009, 09:11 PM
i haven't cosplayed yet but im going to AX09' as byakuya kuchiki
i have the hair long enough for it... but the hairpiece's got me stumped...

Lady Edani
02-14-2009, 09:35 PM
mine was ten ten from naruto, one of the easyest cosplays ever when your poor.

me and my friend are going cosplaying next year, i'm planing to go as dinah from bizenghast.

The Rebel
02-14-2009, 11:54 PM
Well, last year was my first convention and cosplay attempt. And once again, another year of SakuraCon has rolled around. Alas, like last year, I wind up doing my costume at the last moment. But this time I am more prepared in knowledge. I have chosen to attend as Vincent from the Cowboy Bebop movie. A fairly straight forward costume. And my hair is down to my shoulders. Just need the dye it and do a tat on my arm, and I'm good to go yo.

Cursed.Devilish.Elemental
02-15-2009, 09:19 AM
November 22, 2008, I still have the name tag from Anime Kaiju Experience in Cambridge, Massachusetts where I cosplayed as my own character, Lucifer Crouw*, though I gender-bended him and went as the female version of him.

*I purposely misspelled his name as "☺ Lucy-fur ☺" before changing it to "☺ Looce-fur ☺" on the name tag/card, complete with the smilies.

I still need to find that Alucard cosplayer... :<_<:

Shion Sonozaki
02-15-2009, 07:20 PM
Mew Ichigo from Tokyo Mew Mew. Well soon will be.

BleachHime
02-16-2009, 03:52 AM
My first cosplay was Rukia from Bleach. I havent gotten the chance to cosplay as anyone else but it was fun cosplaying as Rukia. I used it that year for Halloween as well!
Go Bleach and Rukia!!! :)

ichimoku_fanboy
02-16-2009, 10:25 PM
me and my bf are going as yaoi L+Light... we're gonna freak people out XD

AnimeGirlX95
02-21-2009, 10:21 AM
I cosplayed as Temari (From Naruto, duh). Let's just say that I woun't be doing that any time soon.:nono: I find that I don't cosplay that well. :glare:

LittleMomo
02-21-2009, 11:07 AM
Momoshiro from Prince of Tennis at Anime Expo in 2006 was it? Anyways, ever since I wore those things, it was kind of annoying but yet awesome to have people asking for pictures with me. But what made me happy was that I met some people here in AF as well. It was....GODLY AWESOME!!!!! :3

Inmybuttercup
02-21-2009, 07:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imaye0P4I-w

Watch this sexy video give you mad boner dreams!!

Onpu-chan
03-08-2009, 07:48 PM
Teehee! I'm going to MomoCon as Near from death Note! he's so adorable, I just HAVE to do it! i think I'll go as L the day after that, though... It's going to be so much fun!

Liryxae
03-10-2009, 02:39 PM
My very first one was Kotoko from Chobits, though at that point I barely knew what cosplay was. My mom pretty much made that all for me, I just collected the materials. After that was Misa from Death Note, but, well... I rarely count Misa as cosplay, since it's usually just closet-cosplay (no offence).
So that makes my first one Haruhi Suzumiya, but...... That was bought. XD I didnt have time to make two costumes for the con, so I bought that and wore my selfmade Lucky star costume the next day. :3

Lucky Star pics here :3 (http://www.redcathedral.be/aztek-tv/gallery/people/cosplay/2008/linkeroever/2/index.htm)

mstrmnd48
03-10-2009, 04:48 PM
first cosplay for me was at cosplay night at my anime club. i went as Kyon from The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya. I'll try to upload photo soon of it. somebody from the club thought i was Tsukune from Rosario Vampire.

Asriel
03-15-2009, 02:15 PM
True everyone does cosplay Misa.
I did ^.^;;; the only difference was I didnt feel like buying a wig or and dying my hair, so I kept my hair black XD
But another cosplay I did well recently just because I was bored o.o; was Rukia because I luvish her >~<