PDA

View Full Version : Bar Requests 10-year Disbarment for Jack Thompson

Sanosuke23
06-08-2008, 02:30 AM
http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/06/bar-requests-10.html

I smiled. Then I laughed. Then I felt warm and fuzzy inside.

The fact that he walked out of his own hearing probably doesn't bode well for our generation's resident anti-youth culture crapkpot.

So, discuss. When he is disbarred, I think I may go purchase and then open and imbibe a bottle of champagne in celebration.

Gjallarhorn
06-08-2008, 03:03 AM
Huge victory for sanity, and of course, us violent and unruly youth.

Should he be disbarred, it sounds like a good excuse to kick back and play GTA IV all day.

This makes me smile.

Manhattan_Project_2000
06-08-2008, 09:20 AM
Has anyone read the objection? I'll paraphrase.

1) Jack says the Judge didn't sign a loyalty oath in a timely matter, and therefore isn't a judge. Also claims that they forged it.
2) Says they didn't file some document or another.
3) Claims there's no evidence of his misconduct.
4) He's being disbarred by a conspiracy set against him by Jeb Bush (G.W.'s brother and former Florida governor).
5) Claims that under Florida Law, he should have been able to get a dismissal and that the judge is breaking the law by not letting him.
6) Referee is ill-trained, and a lapdog of the bar. (Also, He's not going to kill himself. Seriously. It's in there, attached to some goofy jab at the Referee.)
7) He is angry that they said that he creates propaganda, which he then ties into an Argumentium ad Nazium jab at the court.
8) His E-mail address is: [email protected]
9) The state bar is mean and politically charged against him.
10) He had his 15 year old son buy GTA4 as part of a "sting operation". Claims some familiarity with the game, but fails to mention that killing hookers is purely optional.
11) Court says it never demanded a metal health assessment of Thompson, Thompson disagrees.
12) The court hates him because he is a Christian.
13) Claims under Florida stature, him being a vocal Christian gives him immunity against being disbarred.
14) Claims that he got Howard Stern off of terrestrial radio, never mind that Howard Stern got Howard Stern off of terrestrial radio.
15) Black people love him, but the Judge doesn't get it (it being culture war garbage).
16) Thompson goes on and on about how this action is illegal.
17) Thompson is a rebel hero as evidenced by his invitation to a parade in Bum-screw Utah.

Anyway, couldn't happen to a nicer chap.

Sanosuke23
06-08-2008, 11:46 PM
This just proves that sitting on the highest court in the state neither make you clever.

lol wut?

The consequence of all of this post facto oath taking is that all that the Florida Supreme Court has done in this case is invalid and will be voided, and if you think I will not accomplish that end then a) you do not understand the lawsuit already filed, and b) you don’t know Jack.

Oh, so now he's resorting to catchphrases, is he? That's just adorable.

Sixthly, we come to an issue about which The Florida Bar’s Board of Governors and I are in total agreement. The Governors have come up with a new Rule that before Judges can serve as referees in Bar matters they must be trained as to how to discharge these specialized duties of a referee. In the other Bar case you had Arthur Teele was the respondent, and he solved your problem by killing himself in the lobby of the Miami Herald. I’m not giving you that out.

HA HA HA, OH WOW.

I have the letters from The Bar that prove you a liar. It was in response to those repeated demands that I went to one of The Bar’s own favored forensic psychologists, Oren Wunderman, Executive Director of the Family Resource Center of South Florida, who spent hours examining me, administering tests, and he found me a) wonderfully sane, and b) a person whose Christian faith has enhanced his activities as a lawyer.

... Forensic Psychologists can deduce that? Holy crap, they're like mental ninjas.

This isn't a legal document, it's the script of a speech. If he isn't disbarred, his reputation among sane individuals(such as it is) should be completely ruined by his own mad scribbling.

Manhattan_Project_2000
06-09-2008, 12:17 AM
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=2617613

Well worth the five seconds of thought I put into it.

Haoie
06-09-2008, 01:53 AM
While I don't support his opinions, he's certainly entitled to them.

Sanosuke23
06-09-2008, 06:20 AM
While I don't support his opinions, he's certainly entitled to them.

Jack Thompson is as entitled to his opinion as much as that flailing homeless person on the street corner yelling obscenities and about how the white man be keepin him down.

Yeah he's ALLOWED to be there screaming, but part of you would still feel safer if someone tazed him and dragged him away.

Amray
06-09-2008, 02:05 PM
HAHA JACK THOMPSON!!
You silly sod!! XD

Storm Strife
06-09-2008, 02:19 PM
As long as someone sane who knows what they're doing doesn't take Jack's place, I'll be happy.

Dogmat
06-09-2008, 06:29 PM
:D Excellent news! Jack Thompson is the devil!

god_that_failed
06-09-2008, 06:44 PM
We should make a violent video game based on this. :P