PDA

View Full Version : Inuyasha - Tetsusaiga

Animousflavista
05-24-2008, 09:40 AM
Yes its inuyasha again... Actually I just draw the inuyasha to experiment soft shading technique.. later after i finish color him i decided to make a simple background. Then I go thru several episode and suddenly found the skeleton of his father, (rather not explained here as not to spoil the story). After trial sketching i decided to paint it, and its turns out quite ok.. so errr.. i decided to make a wall using this as he background. hahaha :laugh:

But I think somethings missing there.. any suggestion?

Chocobo
05-24-2008, 10:01 AM
He doesn't have the bead-necklace thing x.x Honestly, I can never remember the name but I keep calling them Beads of Seduction O_o;;

His nose seems a bit misplaced to me, and there's excess white on his left arm near the slit in his fire-rat...thing.

He also has a black string across his chest for some purpose unknown to me, I was thinking his sword, but that's what the sash around his waist is for. Maybe a small hint of a fang from the corner of his mouth.

Most wallpapers has some form of text, which does annoy me ever so much. So, the only things missing are the beads, that black string, and possibly a small hint of a fang.

Animousflavista
05-24-2008, 10:43 AM
haha how come i forget his so-called beads... i'll fix it tomorrow coz i gonna sleep now.. thanks for noticing it~

for his nose.. i think it is in correct position, maybe after i add the fang then it will somehow balance.. haha..

Chocobo
05-24-2008, 10:45 AM
>_>;; Ah, well I'm just weird with noses?

Anyway, you're welcome for noticing the beads. ^_^;;

Animousflavista
05-25-2008, 06:17 AM
BG fix :
I modified the position of the skeleton so it appear big and higher than those pillar stones (before this it looks like its falling into a hole :glare: ). Also add clouds in between the pillar to make the stone look extremely high to the sky.

Inuyasha fix :
Add his beads necklace and the rope for his sword (i think so). Also add his fang to his mouth. :D

Overall color modification to make the bg looks more dramatic.

Because those 2 are drawn on a big canvas (the bg = 6900 x 4960 and the character = 2880 x 3508), I've decided to remake the wallpaper in bigger size, which is 1920 x 1440

And yeah.. I add some text to imply some meaning for this wallpapers.:)

Comment and suggestion are always welcome~ :)

MuZ0NaZ
05-25-2008, 05:36 PM
I hope you don't mind I doodled on your wall, it's easier to mark than to tell. I circled places in green that really need more blending (brush them more with a brush that has lower spacing) and in red the place where I guess you missed something and two parts of the wall do not add up?
edit: oh yeah, there are a few places where the colouring of the character goes beyond the lines so fix that too.

One more thing - you really ought to draw both the background and the character in the same style (eg cell shading or realistic painting), it would look much, much better ^^;; that's something for you to have in mind when you do your next wall. I really wish I could draw myself, I can't get scans to fully blend in with the background, as you have noticed >_<

Animousflavista
05-26-2008, 05:13 AM
I hope you don't mind I doodled on your wall, it's easier to mark than to tell. I circled places in green that really need more blending (brush them more with a brush that has lower spacing)

I dont mind, instead I really need it. :)

and in red the place where I guess you missed something and two parts of the wall do not add up?
edit: oh yeah, there are a few places where the colouring of the character goes beyond the lines so fix that too.
After doing the bg in separate file, the stones seems not enough to fill the entire bg when i compose them with the character, so I just resize the canvas, move the original work on the top left of the canvas and start painting. I only notice that just after I increase the brightness of my monitor. Sorry! :banghead: I'll fix both of it.

One more thing - you really ought to draw both the background and the character in the same style (eg cell shading or realistic painting), it would look much, much better
I'll stick with cell shading for the character mainly because I'm trying to do a composition which mainly used in anime.
In the attachment I've upload shows what I'm trying to archive.

thanks for your comment! I've fix all those thing when I've free time:)

MuZ0NaZ
05-26-2008, 03:14 PM
Ah, if you're intentionally going for that cellshaded+3d background look, you need to smoothen up the stones a bit more than that, just brush them other till the strokes are not that much visible, it'll look better IMO (like in the bottom example).

doobydoo888
05-26-2008, 10:40 PM
I love inuyasha! Anyone has anymore self-made art?? cant wait!!!!

Animousflavista
05-27-2008, 04:01 AM
Ok Muzonaz! I've done what u suggest.. smoothen all the paintstrokes, and erase bleeding color from the char. I also tweak the font, the color and add some highlight to the char.

Hautalken
05-27-2008, 08:15 AM
You've drawn that right? Your really good at this. But it's not blending well with the bg. It loooks a bit faked no offence meant).
The colours in your latest version go well. But just adding a filter to the bg on't do. Get it over Inuyasha as well. Try using the sponge filter or something. It will (hopefully) give a nicer feel.

You've done a great job overall. Good work ^^

honeysenpai17
05-27-2008, 08:46 AM
Where did the beads necklace, go?

Animousflavista
05-27-2008, 10:37 AM
You've drawn that right? Your really good at this. But it's not blending well with the bg. It loooks a bit faked no offence meant).
The colours in your latest version go well. But just adding a filter to the bg on't do. Get it over Inuyasha as well. Try using the sponge filter or something. It will (hopefully) give a nicer feel.

You've done a great job overall. Good work ^^
Thanks!! :DYes I notice that it didnt blend well, but i did put the same canvas texture on the bg and inuyasha to try to match them. I think the lighting cast is the main fault of this. I'm still playing around with it.:(

Where did the beads necklace, go?
I already add it in the latest version.;)

If you have any suggestion for it please tell me as it will greatly help me. thanks:)

MuZ0NaZ
05-27-2008, 07:19 PM
I like the new colours, but you could do away with the texture. Just keep it on the rocks and make it more noise-like and finer. It's a bit too rough now. Otherwise it's much better. Can't think of any way to better blend Inuyasha in, perhaps try doing rougher shading (dont 'blur' it like now), I hope you understand what I mean?

Animousflavista
05-28-2008, 04:01 AM
I'm not quite get it but i'll try to remove the texture from inuyasha. Maybe i need to use normal cel shading to make it blend.

Animousflavista
07-13-2008, 10:17 AM
I'm truly sorry for my absent as I have other projects to do plus I dont have internet connection for last 3 weeks..
I'll try to post the result for both wallpaper this week. tq..