PDA

View Full Version : Code Geass wallpaper_fixed version!!

salar
05-23-2008, 11:56 PM
****....im realy sorry,for 1 moment i totally forgot that i need to post the edited wall in the same thread and that rule: a new thread for every signle wall suddenly came to my mind and confused me.sound stupid -_-(maby beacuz i was half_sleep ).. I apologize to admins and moderatores!!

anyway,here ppl the edited version:thinking about what MuZ0NaZ and other ppl said i came up with some ideas and made some changes like changing the postion of the extract(now only gess eye is visisble and getting the meaning of the wall will be easier) and the fuuny idea of having a place for icons at the right side(thos desktop with tons of icons ^^ like myself) and also lowering the opaciy of stock for more blending and also now the fractal renders are the main attention and now the extract and renders doesnt looks disconnected(well I hope so) and i was told to use new renders but im very pleased with this design so forgive me ^^
BTW the one in the right is the fisrt version and the one in the left is the edited version!

guys what do u think about this one??turned out better or worse??

Animousflavista
05-24-2008, 12:26 AM
errr.... the fixed one look really weird, feels like the character is cut in half with no reason...

I like the first one better but may i suggest this :
- try to blur the background NOT by lowering the opacity but instead at some distraction such as zoom blur or motion blur, use your creativity
- try add a big logo of his geass on top of the fractal with little transparent to emphasize his power.
- Base on my experience, you need to add a place on your wallpaper where ur eyes can rest on. Giving all object the same focal length make the picture looks unstable, especially if the background is 3 dimensional. Decide which object do you want to focus on your wallpaper while try to educe the sharpness of other object. this is my own opinion only and might not be true all the time.

give it a try at least. Good luck on your work~ :)

Hautalken
05-24-2008, 01:30 AM
No no no. Now it's ALL GONE. I have to agree with animous about the extract being cut in half for no reason. Instead of just using a black strip, try to airbrush the shadows with black. Push the opacity upto max. You don't need to lower it. (Even if you did Muzzy would probably say "NO GHOST IMAGES!!" ). Airbrush near his nose and other bits. I'll give you an example of that a little later. It's a better idea and that way, it won't look so bad. The icons and everything don't matter here. ONly the look and feel of your wall does.

salar
05-24-2008, 04:03 AM
lol....said it was a fuuny idea but well it didnt work .i myslef though it might be wierd but well experimenting all sort of things is the key to success ^^
well..this time no fuuny idea,need to seriously focuse on it

IchigoKiss
05-24-2008, 04:48 AM
Now I kinda like the other one better now =/

The whole black to the left is like IDK
And I agree with animous too
it really does look like Lulu is cut with no reason
And the fractical render on the top right looks like gel to me -.-
Maybe keep the whole image and if Lulu
is low capacity then put it to max.
And as animous said already try and blur
the b/g or even motion blur it a little

salar
05-24-2008, 05:59 AM
here the next version:
1.moved lulu to the center more and also changed the pos
2.mad the colors abit stronger since i thought they were too dead.
3.added a CG logo at the top
4.motion blured the BG(if u think it needs to be blured more just mentioned it here)
5.also removed parts of the render so be less distracting and easygoing for eyes
6.this time focus is on Lulu then the BG.
now what do u think??
have some better advices,im all ears ^^

Animousflavista
05-24-2008, 10:09 AM
hmmm~ i think its quite ok now..
adding that logo makes the overall looks balance. good job!
need to wait for others opinion~ :)

salar
05-24-2008, 10:35 AM
yep..Thx for that logo Idea.^^ though its not a geass logo but the code Geass logo also looks fine from my pointt of veiw

IchigoKiss
05-24-2008, 11:45 AM
Animous did really good on the logo idea ^^
I think it looks great now. Well done!!

MuZ0NaZ
05-25-2008, 06:49 PM
What I would do however, is keep the render sharp AND add extra apophysis fractals going TOWARDS the viewer and increasing in size as they become closer - it would add the missing depth. It would work even with Lulu centered, IMO, and would resemble the geass sequence even more.

salar
05-25-2008, 06:57 PM
thats what i waned to do in the first place but ppl said blured BG would look better..um adding more APs...will try for sure

Dark Wolf 09
05-25-2008, 07:02 PM
That's amazing! The second update is great, the render should be sharp though, like MuZONaZ's said. The C4D's (flame fractals) are amazing how did you get it to be like that? Anyways, the one that had the transparent view, I didn't like that, it didn't have that optimistic aspect. But keep on going! You'll master it one day.

P.S: The logo is a great deal ;) Lol.

MuZ0NaZ
05-25-2008, 07:17 PM
Salar, don't forget to make them go towards the viewer as otherwise it won't help with depth at all.

Ultimate Seed
05-25-2008, 07:23 PM
Hey i remember the other one you posted lol
Anyway nice wallpapers....Very nice

Hautalken
05-26-2008, 02:40 AM
Maybe the logo thing is not a ver good idea. There's adifference in quality in the wall itself. You'll have to push up the quality of the logo too. Motion blurring has a different effect. It looks lie you only blurred the bg.

And do listen to Muzzy. He looks like he's watched the show and can give better advice than most of us...

salar
05-26-2008, 03:58 AM
of course i only blured the BG..im gonna test some fillters on this since i think using redial blur will have a nice effect on it

Animousflavista
05-26-2008, 06:26 AM
What I would do however, is keep the render sharp AND add extra apophysis fractals going TOWARDS the viewer and increasing in size as they become closer - it would add the missing depth. It would work even with Lulu centered, IMO, and would resemble the geass sequence even more.

thats what i waned to do in the first place but ppl said blured BG would look better..um adding more APs...will try for sure

there are many ways to do a composition and I assume the fractal bg are static picture, where i think you dont have control over it. I dont really understand what Muzonas is suggesting about the fractal but by moving the character on the center and on top of the fractal, the focus is being put onto the character were greater, which is good.

He looks like he's watched the show
I've watch the show too..

salar
05-26-2008, 10:21 AM
yes..i guess ur right Animousflavista. in this kind of BGs there are lots of compostions u can choose but as i said..MuZ0NaZ suggestion gave ma an idea so im gonna experiment a lil bit..about Character being in the center well like i have lower the size since it will cover lots of part of render which would ruin the effects kinda.
after this i have go for a Vectore which is probably te hardest work I have done until now

Hautalken
05-27-2008, 09:11 AM
If you wanted to get a certain portion dark, then you could do something like what I've done to a part of your wall in my attachment. That's better than just adding a strip of black in the side. What I did here is burn the shadows.I'm sorry if it doesn't look very good. I did it pretty clumsily since it was made for example's sake anyway...

honeysenpai17
05-27-2008, 09:31 AM
Yeah! I want to see more XD

5 stars

Chibi Misao
05-28-2008, 12:44 AM
I like the first version the best. The other versions are kinda off. But anyway i've already seen this on animepaper, and fav'd it there. So good job on it anyway. ;D