PDA

View Full Version : Soul Eater

ChibiNaruto
05-23-2008, 04:26 AM
I watched the first few episodes, but it hasn't caught that "hook" with me yet. My boyfriend tells me it's an awesome anime, and he says that I'm not hooked yet, because they're barely just introducing the characters. The manga is apparently far ahead of the show (as always).

What is your opinion of this show/manga?

Gjallarhorn
05-23-2008, 04:38 AM
Really awesome show. I initially watched it become the opening theme is T.M Revolution's first single since 2005, but it turned out to be really, really good. The animation of the first scene is what got my attention overall. Also, it's being produced by Bones which is pretty much a guarantee of excellence.

Cancre
05-23-2008, 06:32 AM
ah i watched the first episode and i was hooked yay i loved the blair witch i love pumpkins too anyway usually the manga would be better than the anime but i think its the opposite in this case

IchigoKiss
05-23-2008, 07:29 AM
I've heard of it it's brand new.
I might watch it but i'm not so sure...

BishouHunter
06-08-2008, 06:29 AM
Soul Eater = Win.

I love the anime and what they've done with it so far, but the manga is great. There are 47 chapters out right now, but I'm hoping they'll get more out very soon, it's killing me to not know what's going on with my favorite characters.

It's definitely got me hooked, and is taking over both my Naruto and Bleach slots for 'My Obsession.'

I even made a roleplay forum for it, however no one really seems to RP it yet.. sadly. It needs a much larger fanbase, very much so. It deserves it.

PigFarts
06-23-2008, 01:11 PM
I just read the first three chapters and I'm already hooked. Thank God that it's summer so I can just read it without caring about anything else!!!

noir_charisma1109
06-23-2008, 02:16 PM
it's an awesome anime! and the manga is really good.. it has somewhat an original story plot and it has good characters that are all enjoyable to watch. I'm also glad about it being summer time so i can watch all of the episodes >w<... don't worry, you'll probably get hooked once you watch more of the episodes. (you can also read the manga, but i also find that the anime seems more captivating.. >w<)

_Freddie_
06-27-2008, 04:18 PM
I have been watching it, and yes the first three episodes just introduce the characters. I'm caught up with it, and I love it. I really like professor Stein, and Death the Kid.

Anyways at least watch it until the Feyblade episode, if you still aren't interested It's just not your kind of show.

Miu Mai
06-28-2008, 05:26 PM
I think Soul Eater is pretty awesome! I was immediately taken in by the animation, and I think the whole concept of the anime is pretty interesting. I'd reccomend it.

Souhi
06-28-2008, 05:36 PM
The fact that Bones produced this is just the icing on the cake.

The opening caught my attention with it's animation quality and choice of music, so I gave it a shot. The way the first 3 episodes were used to introduce the protagonists was well done and got me connected to the characters. I thought it was really well done.

Death the Kid and the whole symmetry thing is one of the more interesting character quirks I've seen in a long while.

Shinigami Sama
07-12-2008, 11:25 AM
Lets Begin!...

Great Great show in my Opinion. Yes as always the manga is far ahead of the anime, but when isn't it?. I Watched the first episode while doing nothing actually, i was looking for a good new anime to watch weekly, and wouldn't you know it, there was Soul Eater.

I lost my patience though quite early on, Youtube kept removing the vids as they were posted up, shame on them. But i adapted and now i use Veoh, much better. Ive seen all the episodes so far and up till now, they have not let me down. I had assumed they would cuts bit out from the manga as most anime does, but this one stays true to the Manga, so far.

If you guys Ain't seen episode 13-14, then get to it. Oh and even though this has nothing to do with the thread.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp3FqsWcSDI (Trying to get the View count up). And yes i made it, kinda a tribute to all things Soul Eater.

Shinigami Sama signing out!
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/2712/soul1lz5.gif

Shinigami Ichigo
07-31-2008, 02:50 PM
Used the show to get be hooked, then I read the manga and stopped watching the anime. A very faithful adaptation, but I just feel more comfortable with the manga. Only complaint is that I don't care for Maka and Soul at all. Needs more Black-Star and Kidd.

Diocletian
07-31-2008, 02:56 PM
It's becoming the Naruto phase.It gets popular then the manga-ka/studio bomb it.

PigFarts
08-02-2008, 01:14 AM
Well, after updating myself with the series, I can definately say that this is a new favorite of mine. This series is fantastic, and what you get in the manga is multiplied in awesomeness by the animation and music of the anime. Every fight scene has music that I, for one, can't help but dance to...ugh, preposition...

I love Death the Kid...he's just 100% guarentee of a good time! Chrona ans Stein are up there, too. Seriously, Soul Eater is fantastic - one of the greatest manga/anime series I've read/watched.

Datenshi
08-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Last week's Excalibur episode was surreal. They even ran this creepy song in continually during the background during the regular commercials. It took me a while to realize it was a parody of David Lynch (there was an allusion to Mulholland Dr.).

It's one of the few anime airing this season that I can bear to watch on a continual basis.

Anime Forum
08-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Well truthfully every time I think of the word souleater I get mad because I knew this guy on a chat site{xat} named souleater and he was a total pain in my neck.

But the anime is pretty good. Not my favorite but its pretty decent.

onigiri princess
08-02-2008, 06:49 PM
really awesome animation by studio bones again x], and the story is allot of fun too, not really the typical serious stuff you'd see in shounen, but overall great anime. ^-^

KitaKuu
08-02-2008, 11:44 PM
Oh yes, it's a quality story. Interesting plots, sense of humour, and has a good balance with all elements that make a story.
When you really dip into the plot, I'm sure you'll get hooked.

Shinigami Sama
08-15-2008, 03:55 PM
Oh i've been hooked, reeled in, cooked and served with a side of rice. I have to say that so far its been true to the Manga, normally the anime version of a manga series leaves out bits for certain reasons, whatever they be. Not this time. Being up-to-date on the manga im waiting for each episode to see how it plays out.

I seriously can't wait till Episode 20, for those who read the manga...you know what i mean:cool:. And no i wont tell, i aint a spoiler:eek:

Shinigami Sama signing out!
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/2712/soul1lz5.gif

Mousie
08-21-2008, 01:39 AM
Its an Awsomw show
i only watched a few episodes and already love it !

Kawairashii hikari
08-21-2008, 01:50 AM
I love this show! Even though Black Star's an idiot. Maka and Soul argue a lot. And freakin Kidd is soo obsessed with symmetry. He was even sad Liz and Patty's 'sizes' weren't the same. o.O lol.
But when it all comes down to it they all can fight extremely well when they put forth their best effort.

Mousie
08-21-2008, 02:05 AM
i dont like kidd much either
But looove his guns :S

LittleGirl
08-23-2008, 10:55 AM
I just found this show the other day and so far I'm really liking it. The intro definitely caught my interest. I'd have to say my favourite characters are Maka's dad and Death the kid.

Bring Me The Horizon
08-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Soul Eater ftw its a great show

LittleGirl
09-04-2008, 11:29 PM
Whoa just watched episode 22...the ending was very creepy!

Shinigami Sama
09-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Talk about an Extreme face Lift eh?...heheheheh

Two things though. First, for those who want to watch episodes 22 and beyond in RAW, not subs, visit Simbot6000 on youtube (Aka me). Second, can anyone tell me why kid holds his guns upside down?. I can't imagine that would be very accurate, and he must have super little fingers to pull the triggers.

enal
09-08-2008, 08:20 PM
awesome...thanks bro

http://watchfistofthenorthstar.blogspot.com/

LittleGirl
09-14-2008, 04:05 PM
Haha Shinigami Sama...that's what I wondered when I first saw him using the guns...but then I decided it just looked cooler.

ShadowThingy
09-15-2008, 02:25 PM
just finished watching the raw for episode 24,

Shinigami vs Asura was a F*cking epic battle, that shinigami chop at start was awesome :cool:

the scenery was nice with the red clouds, music was fitting, and the way shinigami's voice became serious when he started fighting was great,

all in all, this episode was Epic Win

Miu Mai
09-27-2008, 12:13 AM
just finished watching the raw for episode 24,

Shinigami vs Asura was a F*cking epic battle, that shinigami chop at start was awesome :cool:

the scenery was nice with the red clouds, music was fitting, and the way shinigami's voice became serious when he started fighting was great,

all in all, this episode was Epic Win

ha ha! I agree!