PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a PC or a Mac.? Which one would you choose and why?

MoroDashi
05-22-2008, 05:44 AM
Would you rather choose a Mac. or a PC and why? And which computer/laptop do you have? I would probably choose the Mac. It has everything you need and plus, it can't get viruses! -I think..- I mean, it has Photobooth which is excellent for making signature on AF ^^ And you've got GarageBand and AppleWorks and Itunes! Vote one for Mac. Hahahaha! My computer is a PC. But at school we have Mac's so I discovered the true meaning! Also, my sister has the new MacBook Air ^^ It's so thin I think it would snap! And what do you have and what do you think?

Dxon
05-22-2008, 07:20 AM
I got Windows XP SP 2 Pro + Media Center. I would again choose for the same system if I had to choose. Why? Because Mac is for designing and I want to play games too. If there were all the games that are for Windows also for Mac. Then I would choose Mac.

rEikAbLeU
05-22-2008, 07:48 AM
first i have a pc with an XP PRO + sp2... MAC is nice, but it's for those people who are less into gaming and other stuffs (hope you get what my other stuff means), i used MAC from the library near our school before and it's good but i'll still prefer what i have now (i just hope to have other specs than what i have right now)...

LOL!
=]

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-22-2008, 09:34 AM
The whole "PC or Mac" quit being a valid discussion when Apple quit making proprietary processors. Now-a-days, you should either stick with Windows so you can actually get some commercial software support outside of content creation, or Linux so you can operate a system without being constrained by design.

Beast
05-22-2008, 10:32 AM
I personally use a PC desktop. Though I -am- looking into getting a mac laptop so it's more equipped with my video/photo editing needs. Will end up still keeping my PC desktop so I can still game like crazy (AoM/WLBC2/WoW/Everything else FTW)

Eternal_Flame
05-22-2008, 10:39 AM
I have a PC desktop, but I love both PC and Apple. PC has its own advantages, as do Apples. Apples have sleek designs and they are great for graphics and other multimedia, but I have mainly used PCs for my entire life, and they do what I need them to do (mainly schoolwork and web-surfing).

Gero50
05-22-2008, 10:50 AM
I have 2 Windows PCs those are the desktop computers I own However I want the Mac Book Pro for a new laptop very soon I will be getting it from the Apple Store
I like the Windows OS's better then the Mac OS's because they can play more games and run a heck of a lot more apps
Plus as I just said you can build them so that is always funner then buying one pre made to only find out that it cannot run your latest game I bet we all no what that is like

Eternal_Flame
05-22-2008, 12:34 PM
But you can upgrade Apples, too, but not as much and it is harder. So it's not like you can't make them better, you just don't have AS MUCH control over it.

Hideki Motosuwa.
05-22-2008, 04:40 PM
I have an ancient Windows 98 @_@ And I guess I plan to stick with it for the time being @.@

Eris
05-22-2008, 04:55 PM
The whole "PC or Mac" quit being a valid discussion when Apple quit making proprietary processors. Now-a-days, you should either stick with Windows so you can actually get some commercial software support outside of content creation, or Linux so you can operate a system without being constrained by design.

Pretty much my feelings on the subject.

As for what I run? It's an AMD system, it's got Slackware (GNU/Linux) installed on it.

Ultimate Seed
05-22-2008, 05:02 PM
I have a pc and im running the Windows Vista Ultimate on it which i am happy about for gaming and i can do design on it but i would like to invest into getting myself a Mac......i just think it will be a usefull thing to have...i wont pick one over the other but having both would be great

IchigoKiss
05-23-2008, 07:49 AM
I have a computer but my friend has a mac.
She preffers the mac because she thinks that it's much easier
and nice looking which I think is true too.

ChibiNaruto
05-23-2008, 12:54 PM
I have a Mac, but I kinda miss going back to PC. It's mainly because I can't download many things, since most people prefer PCs over Mac, so they rarely ever do anything for a Mac. However, I like Mac's programs, because it's easier and user friendly. The finished products always are cool looking.

Therefore, PCs for games and downloads and Mac for everyday boring life jobs and tasks. That's my vote.

International 4-8818
05-25-2008, 12:25 AM
This is why i don't like mac. Darn you steve jobs.

~*Red*~
05-25-2008, 12:32 AM
Apples don't get viruses, so I would choose Apples over PC's any day.

International 4-8818
05-25-2008, 12:33 AM
Apples don't get viruses, so I would choose Apples over PC's any day.

My picture proves it DOES get viruses. lawl.

AngelxWithin
05-25-2008, 12:36 AM
I prefer the PC, more games are compatible with it (WOOHOO GAMES!)... the Mac commercials are cheesy, and I don't want to learn how to use a Mac, I'm already familiar with a Windows-based setting, and its easier to upgrade!

The picture down there also boosts my decision..=D

honeysenpai17
05-25-2008, 12:37 AM
PC,
because i'm used to it . There's more programs on pc.

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-25-2008, 12:54 AM
Macs are worthless, that's why no one writes viruses for them. If people started using Macs, more viruses WOULD be written for them.

Ollie
05-25-2008, 01:07 AM
Macs are worthless, that's why no one writes viruses for them. If people started using Macs, more viruses WOULD be written for them.
Kind like how people used to be "OMG YEEY MOZILLA IT'S SOO RESISTANT TO EVERYTHING"

That's because NO ONE used Firefox a few years ago. Now that it's become so popular, any flaws it has are being exploited by haxrs, and Opera is the "safe" option. And the cycle goes on!

Dogmat
05-25-2008, 01:38 AM
I have a PC desktop and laptop that both run Windows Vista Home Premium. I've never owned a Mac, the main reason I've always stuck with a PC is for the games.