PDA

View Full Version : Sign-Up: Final Fantasy: Curse of Mana

Digital Dragon
05-21-2008, 11:57 PM
**Approved by Mia-MOS**

Final Fantasy: Curse of Mana will be set on another world in the tradition of Final Fantasy.

The basic premise is this: Mana used for weapons and spells has had an altering effect on those who use it. While this effect was less pronounced in the past, merely altering minor traits in races living near a specific type of mana, it has become more dangerous, causing mutations in those acting as summoners, using mana stones in gunblades, and mages. Mana has become outlawed due to its harmful effects and the use of it prohibited. but the threat of a coming planetary invasion has created a need for thse trained in the use of mana and the summoning of guardian beings.

Character Submissions must be made using the following Character Sheet or they will be rejected:

Name: Self explanitory

Class:
Magical-
*Summoner- Can summon Guardian entities and cast healing spells. Begins with one summoned entiy determined by their chosen starting Element. Cannot use weapns.
*Gunblade- Can equip mana stones to allow their sword blade to shoot blasts based on their chosen element. Starts with one mana stone slot and one stone determined by their chosen starting Element. Can carry one additional type of weapon, usually daggers, or 2 additional normal handguns if Al Bhed.
*Mage- Starts out with low powered attack spells based on their chosen starting Element. Can only use wooden weapons, starting with one (staff).
Nonmagical- Can be any type of weapons master, though modern weapons can only be used by Al Bhed. Starts with four basic weapons according to their chosen weapons proficiency.

Race: You can select from the following races:
Human Races-
*Aegyl- Winged Humans with short life span, so age at twice rate of normal humans. no class restriction.
*Al Bhed- The only race permitted use of high-tech weapons and ships. No magical classes allowed except Gunblade.
*Garif- Furred Human. No class restriction.
*Hume- Standard Human. No class restrictions.
Elvish Races- Heightened intelligence and dexterity.
*Elvean- Any class except mage.
*Guado- Elves with plantlike hair. No class restriction.
*Helgas- Telepathic Abilities. No class restriction.
Feline Races- Increased speed, agility and balance.
*Mithra- Humanoid Cats, Females permitted only. Typically are thieves. No magical classes allowed.
*Rhonso- Large Humanoid Cats with Increased strength and Stamina. Blue fur and forehead horn. No class restriction.
*Sith- Talking Housecats. Mage or strategist/command roles only. Cannot weild weapons.
Piglike- Large and Slow with high Stamina.
*Galka- No magical except Gunblade.
*Seeq- No magical except Gunblade.
Other-
*Bangaa- Lizard men. Stealthy and quick. Any class except Gunblade (due to size and lack of strength). Generally unfriendly towads humans.
*Baknamu- Goblinoid. No magical except Gunblade (due to low intelligence). Extremely strong with high stamina.
*Gria- Dragonlike Humanoids with small wings, tail and horns. Limited Flight (gliding). No class restriction.
*Moogles- Cute respectful Small creatures with small batlike wings and colored poms on their heads. Substitute some words with "Kupo." Mages or Summoners only.
*Tantaru- Chipmunklike Humanoids resembling children. Mage class only allowed.
*Viera- Bunnylike Humanoids, Females only allowed. Increased Speed and Dex. Any class except Gunblade.

Weapons: As outlined for race and class.
Additional Abilities: May select minor modifications as a result of mana-induced genetic mutations.
Appearance: Self explanatory.
Bio: Four lines explaing the character's history.

Sample Character:
Name: Cactaur
Race: Human mutated by mana
Class: Summoner
Weapons: Staff, used for Healing and Summonings.
Elements of Mana: Light, summoning the Guardian Entity Bel.
Additional Abilities: Cactuslike skin providing physical resistance to blunt attacks and extra damage frm the needles.
Appearance: Due to his mother's exposure to plant mana, Cactaur has green cactuslike skin. He wears Summoner robes.

The characters will be travelling to find temples to gain Guardian Entities and Mana stones, though they may find mana stones in natural deposits along the way. They will fight monsters in the Final Fanasy tradition. Characters should be designed to work as a group with other players and not as enemies of the main party.

Shuuchishin
05-22-2008, 01:10 AM
Name:Tekushikume

Race: Hume

Class:Nonmagical

Weapons:one big blade,one small blade

Additional Abilities:na

bio:Teku was five when his family was truned by the mana, he had to run away fomr them sence he coudent fight at teh time,but one day a swords man picked him up and took him in as his ownhe trianed him in the ways of the sword,though Teku never really got the style and as he fought with monster through out the years he made his own style,his goal was to find his fmaily and take them out of there pian.

Appearance: black armor, white head band

Digital Dragon
05-22-2008, 05:18 PM
Hitoshirenu, you have to provide me with more of a background and descriptions of the blade weapons. Also, I have specifically stated that you have to follow the format as laid out or your character will be rejected, and the more information you provide, the better. "Human" is not a race, but you can select Hume if you want him as a standard human. Your character bio will have to include where you got your armor and any fighting style you wish your character to have. I am not going to allow people to just make stuff up on the fly.

Shuuchishin
05-22-2008, 11:44 PM
ok i eidet,but sorry you dident give me much to go on on your chara sheet you need to add more on it and give more descitption in what you want

Luzifer
05-23-2008, 12:05 PM
Has this been approved by Maid mia?

if not read the rules

Digital Dragon
05-23-2008, 05:24 PM
Has this been approved by Maid mia?

if not read the rules

Yes, it has been approved. I waited quite a while for it to be, actually. I wrote the concept around the time I was still playing in Survivors of the Fallen, actually. I am well aware of the rules and do not require your assistance in this regard.

HitoShirenu: Your character sheet still does not look like someone from final fantasy. You are ambiguous as to style, which is really not impressing me any. This character is rejected.

i am looking for characters with a Final Fantasy flavor, not generic characters you just drop in without much thought.

Megumi Oaks
05-23-2008, 06:39 PM
I just have a few questions before I post a character. Are we using any lands/cities based on the games? Which country are we setting in, since it varies per FF game? FF10/FF10-2? Or are you planning on creating your own lands, and if that's the case, I would need some common areas to create a character background with, like where the Al Bhed are usually found.

Luzifer
05-23-2008, 08:46 PM
Name: Lowkee (pronouced low-KEE...yes it is a double pun)
Race: Elvaan
Class: Saboteur (Modified Gunblade)
Weapons:Spear (its a gunblade blade attached to a long hilt so its capable of using mana stones) and mana stone-based explosives (its a trick that Lemegeton learned from fellow anti-government anarchists, it causes a mana stone to overload and explode to destructive to be used as a grenade but optimal for demolition.)
Magic: Dark, attacks powered by his mana damage him when he hit his opponent but sap enemy strength
Additional Abilities: Good in stealth and subterfuge. Can cause mana stones to explode. Many underground connections
Appearance: http://www.dvsparse.com/images/maleelvaan.jpg
History: He has been an anti-mana terrorist ever since before the ban was put in place. It was Lemegeton and others like him that routinely blew up mana stone processing areas and ministries of oversight over mana-based industry until finally the government relented. Lemegeton is in no way happy over the repeal of the band despite the coming invasion. Despite this, he realizes the effectives of mana and is more than willing to use it. In particular he took a love of Dark mana because of itself destructive nature which he considers "the true face of mana". He still has many of his clandestine skills and is more than willing to use them. In fact, he takes it upon himself to make sure no one tries to profit off the repeal of the mana-ban even if he has to use vigilante means.

Unlike most Elvaan he shows no particular honor or sense of duty, though he does share with his kindred a stubborn sense of right and wrong, though only on certain issues. His personality proved so annoying to his own family that they disowned him after he expressed interest in avoiding traditional Elvaan Military service. He never ended up doing the service, thus making him a draft-dodger. His only excuse was that he didn't think that the war was meaningful enough. He laid low for a few months inside the White Ward, a hospital for the terminately mutated and their saw the most agonizing mutation that were brought about by mana. This eventually drove him to join various radical anti-mana groups.

Typically, he seems to have a flippant demeanor but when it comes to mana he has all the stubborn solemnity that is characteristic of his race and he is willing to do anything to prevent people from having to go to the White Ward ever again.

Digital Dragon
05-23-2008, 09:19 PM
I just have a few questions before I post a character. Are we using any lands/cities based on the games? Which country are we setting in, since it varies per FF game? FF10/FF10-2? Or are you planning on creating your own lands, and if that's the case, I would need some common areas to create a character background with, like where the Al Bhed are usually found.

I plan on coming up with my own. The Al Bhed run the mechanized city you will be starting in. The coming invasion has wiped out much of the Al Bhed heavy weapons, though.

Luzifer, please be aware this is a group oriented campaign with all fighting on the same side. I have no problem with the idea of a sabateur, but I would like details on the type of dark magic you intend to use. In terms of the game, dark mana would slowly be killing you. You will also always be having to seek out more stones if using them as grenades, as your supply at the start of the game would be limited to 3 stones maximum.

Luzifer
05-23-2008, 09:31 PM
Yeah I know about the party thing... but I was think he could take the role of the guy who know one trusts... who has his own reason for doing things and often goes off for "reason" that he doesn't justify.

Dark mana, as I see it, is a very dynamic magic. It tends to be an vacuum and just consumes life. On the plus side, its incredibly powerful at time, on the down side, its eating you. It tends to directly take away life, unlike other spells which use a medium to do so, such as fire which uses heat, to burn the flesh and thus kill, water which drowns, etc etc... darkness has attacks that just HURT and perhaps a couple low-odd instant kill moves (think the infamous mudo line from Shin Megami Tensei)

Also, he might get moves like leach, demi, and perhaps so evil status affects like cursing and venoms.

And yeah... he's pretty much a mana stone-aholic. I warn you right now, he might try to con other people "for the good of the party". kidding

Reniti
05-23-2008, 09:46 PM
I'm trying to fit to the "Final Fantasy" style. The X style... I wanted to try VII but it's too serious.

Name: Kotoko Swanson (don't ask...)
Race: Helga
Weapons: Summoner staff
Additional Abilities: Healing, reading minds, and summoning. Basic abilities.
Appearance: http://www.advancedanime.com/pictures/normal_1d3dcb98_2.jpg
Bio: Kotoko is a bit quiet, but she is lively and positive when she sees someone is down. She came from a large city and loving parents. She keeps a lot to herself but her smiles can fool people. At some points, she forgets she has her mind reading ability. Kotoko is very intelligent, so her powers developed quickly when she was young. Her parents loved her very much, and wanted her to smile and be outgoing. Usually, she will try to keep herself upbeat, but it seems like she's just a bit of a wallflower at times.

Digital Dragon
05-23-2008, 10:30 PM
Luzifer: Approved, but if it gets too overpowering he might have to go. Remember that the mana is doing to him what it is capable of doing to others.

Ichiigo Burossamu: The Helgas are telepaths, not telekinetics.
and as a summoner, you would use a huge wand you have to carry everywhere. And I determine the sumoned creature, not the players. Guardian entities are NPCs. Once you summon it, I would determine what it does.

Megumi Oaks
05-23-2008, 10:53 PM
Name: Linie
Race: Al Bhed
Class: Nonmagical
Weapons: A matched pair of handguns, as well as a machete strapped across her back.
Additional Abilities: She has effectively mastered the Al Bhed based ability of Overdrive, as well as able to navigate and run an Airship.
Appearance: Wiry and tough in appearance, it is obvious that she has spent a lot of time outdoors. She has the telltale spiral pupils and blonde hair of the Al Bhed, and even has a pair of googles like most.
Bio: Linie grew up in the traditional way to her people. Always surrounded by extended family, she never had to worry about much and was forever learning something from uncles and cousins.
She married young at 19 and lived happily, hoping for the big family she grew up with. Her husband was thrown into jail for possessing a gunblade and many mana stones just a year later. This prompted Linie into action, causing her to purchase and fix up her own Airship. While captaining the ship, she has learned as much as she can about the going ons, politically and otherwise, hoping to find a way to resume her family life.

Luzifer
05-23-2008, 11:01 PM
Heres my ammendum to dark magic:

Dark mana, in addition, is the only magic that doesn't cause a mutuation... unless you consider death a mutation. It literally drains years off its users life span (by the way thats why Lemegeton has gray hair despite being 20).

Lemegeton, for example, has heart problems which lower his endurance and cause him to cough up blood if he over exerts himself.

Reniti
05-23-2008, 11:21 PM
I fixed it now. ^^

Hollow Ichigo
05-24-2008, 09:24 AM
Name: Kane
Class: Mage
Weapons: A long bow, and a short bow that can used with one hand. His main mana stone is the stone of fire.
Additional Abilities: With him being trained as a mage, Kane has the ability to use his fire and set his hair on fire. While his hair is in this state he can direct the direction his fire balls fly. Also he can set the end of his arrows on fire and still direct them. His best skill comes from his ability of form arrows made of fire with or without the bow, and still direct them. He has been at times able to set his hands on fire. with his Helga abilities he can read minds and speak with other that have his abilities. He has also at times been able to use flames under his feet and move at a great amount of speed only able to glide twenty or thirty feet.
Appearance: An all red, and black suit with a cloak that hangs down to his feet with a split in the middle. When his cloak is off he is wearing a red vest with light weight combat boots. His hair is red, and his eyes are red.
Bio: Born to be a ideal warrior. Kane was the opposite. cruel, temperamental, and out of control. He doesn't feel pain because of the countless fights he has been in. However now that he has matured he doesn't fight to just fight. If it doesn't in some way effect him in a positive way he doesn't fight and simply forgets and leaves or stands back and watch. However he is good natured, and if he must he will step in to save a life. Only to benefit himself. That is because a man once saved him from himself. He showed Kane the faults in his life and showed him the way to pay for the lives he had took, and the ones he has ruined.
Kane however never think about that about anything that would bring him more power or luck.

This is the new editted version.

Kera
05-24-2008, 02:03 PM
Wow interesting. Ill be creating a character as soon as i can but right now I'm not at home so its a little hard to create when i don't have my own computer where i have my pictures and I can type and save character information. So it wont be till about Sunday night or Monday afternoon till i can get enough time and resources to make an awesome and fun final fantasy Character.
I would have to say this will be my first final fantasy rp and character so give me a little time.
Thank you so much.
-Kera-

Chocobo
05-24-2008, 03:06 PM
I'm so going to do this, but I have a busy busy weekend. I already know what my character will be like, too. *evil snicker*

Digital Dragon
05-24-2008, 05:23 PM
Heres my ammendum to dark magic:

Dark mana, in addition, is the only magic that doesn't cause a mutuation... unless you consider death a mutation. It literally drains years off its users life span (by the way thats why Lemegeton has gray hair despite being 20).

Lemegeton, for example, has heart problems which lower his endurance and cause him to cough up blood if he over exerts himself.

Actually, I have decided it will cause a form of leprocy as the cells burst and cause the limbs to decay. It is basically destruction mana. So used as an attack, it will cause the cells in a person to explode. Summonings, portals, activations and detonations will require you to use glyphs, though Al Bhed could use wires to rig one up as a bomb. Glyphs are the same as hex marks drawn. Summoners will use their staff to draw a pattern on the ground or, by motions, in midair.

Elemantal stones available will be as follows:
Earth Stone: Color- Brown. Makes the earth shake, causing tremors and avalanches, and allows the caster to launch stones as an attack.
Plant Stone: Color- Dark Green. Makes plants grow or wither, and allows the caster to cause plants to attack an enemy.
Healing Stone: Color- Light Green. Allows the caster to heal targets and drain life from them.
Light Stone: Color- Yellow. Creates light in darkened areas and allows the caster to blind opponents or create laser blasts.
Dark Stone: Color- Black. Destructive energy that causes darkness and allows the caster to cause particles to explode.
Chaos Stone: Color- Dark Purple. Causes confusion to those near it and may be used by the caster to deform objects and people.
Creativity Stone: Color- Light Purple. Causes those around it to be more inventive, and allows the caster to have greater success when making objects, including weapons.
Electric Stone: Color- Light Blue. Crackles static electricity and automatically disables machines or powers them up, alloows the caster to call lightning or shoot lightning attacks, as well as raise an electrical barrier from attacks.
Fire Stone: Color- Orange. Sets flammable substances ablaze and may be use by the caster for walls of fire and fire blasts.
Water Stone: Color- Dark Blue. Causes waters to alter their tides and rain to fall, and can be used by the caster to create stroms, part waters, solidfy water so as to walk on it, or cause water to rise up as a tidal wave.
Ice Stone: Color- White. Causes a chill to the air and snow to fall if it is already rainy, and can be used by the caster to cause weather changes to make it snow or to create ice blasts.

Each stone will be capable of 20 uses for spells, with a summoning using 4 of these uses, but opening a rift/portal using a stone or usiing the stone as a bomb destroys the stone.

Please also note that use of mana is still technically illegal.

That said, on to other business:

Nutmeg: Approved. I will pm you with other details to work you better into the story.

Hollow Ichigo: Mana cannot be directed through the body when used by a Gunblade character. All weapons start eqiuipped with ONE stone, and generally twin Gunblades don't happen. You also have no justification to make him have diamond skin. This character is not approved for these reasons.

Ichigo Burossamu: Approved. I will pm you with other details to work you better into the story. I am assuming you still want your starting element to be water?

souske
05-24-2008, 05:42 PM
Name: Zack Titus Masterson

Race: Hume

Class: Non-magical

Weapons: Broadsword (http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/f/f9/CC-Zack-Render.png) with dagger (http://www.mountainhollow.net/images/dagger%20flame%20ebony-damascus%20collab.%20ray%20smith.JPG) as back up.

Additional Abilities: His body speed has increase 50% more due to the plant mana and he is still not used to it so he cant control his attacks too well

Appearance: http://fsa.zedge.net/content/5/6/8/8/1-1386512-5688-t.jpgExcept his clothes are dark blue instead of black and walks around in a dark cape

Bio: Zack is loyal soldier that fights for a underground guild. His background is nothing interesting but family was poor, and he did what he can to help them get by until Bangaa overran his village. With him being the only man in the village strong enough to fend them off himself, he couldn't protect everyone and his family was killed during the action. After seeing these events, he decided to live his life to kill as many of those beings as possible. His hatred toward them has always fueled his rage every time he goes into a mission.

My first RP in awhile so tell me if i need to fix anything.

Hollow Ichigo
05-24-2008, 06:01 PM
Ok I editted it. Hope it's better.

Luzifer
05-24-2008, 06:05 PM
skin lesions, and the inability to feel pain here I come!

Digital Dragon
05-24-2008, 07:12 PM
Zack: Plant mana would not increase your speed. Absorbing energy instead of eating and plantlike skin and hair are the most common types of mutations. But since he is not an Elvish race and his parents appear to be non-magicals, there is no basis for this kind of mutation. Not Approved.

Hollow Ichigo: Your character would not be able to channel mana without training, and it is unlikely he would have mana stones. The Gria also have never been described as having diamond skin and I will not allow the dragon features he would have to be hidden, because you are either a Gria or you are not. Not Appproved.

Hollow Ichigo
05-25-2008, 10:04 AM
I editted everything

~Shobu~
05-25-2008, 12:18 PM
Name: Rozari Akelyma (Ari for short)

Class: Nonmagical

Race: Viera

Weapons: Long bow and arrows (as shown in picture), various hidden daggers in her arm warmer, sling-shot with stone pellets, twenty foot, extremely thin but extremely durable wire with a gem at the end.

Additional Abilities: nothing out of the ordinary but the ability to jump very high and she's extremely flexible

Appearance: http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u215/Radiotrashrocket/Warrior%20Anime%20Blonde%20Girls/Range/Archer65444.png Plus a pair of blonde bunny ears with black tips.

Bio: Though Viera are usually known as thieves, Rozari was born into a royal family that ruled over a flourishing town. But it was attacked by bandits when she was 12. Her mother and father, in a desperate attempt to protect her, told her to go along with her servant and close friend, Miera, to escape in the underground tunnel they had built for this sort of situation. When they reached the other side the bandits were already waiting. The girls were seperated.

With her home destroyed and her family dead, Rozari allowed herself to be raised by the only man who did not involve himself in the attack, a skilled thief named Dusk, whom she became very close to. Five years of training and Rozari was ready to set out on her own, leaving her resentment behind with the bandits who became her family more or less. A few months later she learned that Dusk had been killed by a group of Seeq. Disheartened, she continued on her journey to search for none-other-than Miera.

Luzifer
05-25-2008, 12:37 PM
hey DD, I was looking at your race set up and it says "Elvish Races- Heightened intelligence and dexterity.
*Elvean- Any class except mage."
however, the Elvaan, if their stats are to be believed, are actually rather low in both int and dex. Rather the Elvaan specialize in strength, mind/wisdom, and similar stats.

Hollow Ichigo
05-25-2008, 02:09 PM
Name: Kane
Race: Gria
Class: Non-Magical
Weapons: Two Kunai, with chain and also a short sword.
Additional Abilities: He is very fast. Being able to appear in more then one place at a time. Some may think that it is the the effect of a mana stone. However it is the effect of his mother and father using Mana stones. It causes his body to at all time move. Like hyperactive ADD. Always moving and never being able to concentrate.
Appearance: Tall, broad shoulders, muscular with a gentle face. He looks like someone that loves to look at himself. It's true he does. He wears an black white cloak that resembles Sky's. Only that everything is white, his hair is even white. Along with his shoes. His eyes however are light blue.
Bio: He was never the son that a mother or father would want. He is very ignorant, and boastful. He never allows anyone to see him sweat, and only does things to better himself, and to get stronger. He is very calm at times and can seem to be a a-hole, and people call him a gloomy jerk most of the time. He however is very passionate about his life and his power. It is funny because he was very weak during his child hood and picked on almost everyday. Now that he has a little power he has allowed it to get to his head. That causes him to get into more danger and trouble then anyone should have.

Digital Dragon
05-25-2008, 07:58 PM
hey DD, I was looking at your race set up and it says "Elvish Races- Heightened intelligence and dexterity.
*Elvean- Any class except mage."
however, the Elvaan, if their stats are to be believed, are actually rather low in both int and dex. Rather the Elvaan specialize in strength, mind/wisdom, and similar stats.

Okay, that is fine if you want higher wisdom and strength.

I repeat, stones carried can nly be of ONE element to begin with, and only magic users have any chance of possessing mana stones. Period. Mages would have been used to track the stones and they would have been confiscated and you would risk imprisonment.

Shobu Shimizu: Both of yours are not approved for the above reasons.

Hollow Ichigo: You are still trying to do the same things after I have repeatedly told you that there is NO channeling mana through the body for non-mages and that Gria CANNOT retract their dragonlike traits. Mana does not cause the types of mutations you are trying to make, and Gria are already modified to have bonuses others would have. Mutations are either harmful or of only cosmetic benefit or minor enhancement. Neither one of your characters is approved.

Luzifer
05-25-2008, 08:10 PM
made minor changes in my character

Hollow Ichigo
05-25-2008, 09:35 PM
Didn't you just say a few posts ago that he couldn't channel mana without training. Yeah you did. So i'm confused. Also why can't I retract my tail, horn, and wings. That is my side effect from birth. How about everytime I do I lose a huge amount of blood. Is that ok. And everytime I lose more blood I come closer and closer to death.

I editted both my characters.

Digital Dragon
05-25-2008, 11:20 PM
Didn't you just say a few posts ago that he couldn't channel mana without training. Yeah you did. So i'm confused. Also why can't I retract my tail, horn, and wings. That is my side effect from birth. How about everytime I do I lose a huge amount of blood. Is that ok. And everytime I lose more blood I come closer and closer to death.

I editted both my characters.

Training as in mage instruction, so iif he has that then we can see what we will see. You seem to be wanting to mix classes to give your character a lot he would not have is all.
A Gria cannot retract tail, horn and wings any more than you can your nose or ears, as there is no room in your body for them. Birth defects would make the wings not work, not give them added abilities.
I will need to read over your edits to see if anything more needs to be addressed before approving or not.

Hollow Ichigo
05-25-2008, 11:36 PM
I editted it. Tell me what I need to change now.

~Shobu~
05-26-2008, 02:21 PM
Okay I edited it but I added telepathy to Miera. I wouldn't really consider that magic but if you do I'll change it.

Chocobo
05-26-2008, 03:55 PM
name: Syney Adran
race: Al Bhed
class: GunBlade
Weapons: Break: Photon Cannon - static collection effect converting static electricity in the air to lightning. Only available when HP is below 50% - once per battle.
Near - 4 daggers inbued with elemental powers, deals 5% more than normal damage when charged. Takes 3 turns to charge. Sheathed on the middle back near the gunblade to easily charge.
*Near/Far - Gunblade inscribed with electrical words "Meva Crud". Stored on the middle back.
Magic: Electricity
Additional Abilities: swirls in eyes convert from a dark blue/green to a sparkling gold when near a known electrical Summoned Guardian Deity [to start: none known]
Appearance: see attachment
Bio: At the age of 10, her father had her trained in the basics of advanced technology usage, and to be bilingual in Al Bhed and English. 3 years after she mastered the arts of using advanced technology to its potential, the lab many of the Al Bhed were constructing failed; many of the weapons inside fired on the user instead of the test-dummies in the building. With the several hundred Al Bhed within the building were her father, and thought-mother. Survivors of the tragedy were subject to vast physical mutations; her mother's body was not found, thus she was pronounced survived and escaped. She travels to find her mother, with a deepening fear that her mother is mutated as well.

If I have too many weapons, then I'll take off the Photon Cannon and 2 daggers, and honestly, I have no clue why I left off the bio. I'm terribly sorry about that.
* Electrical words meaning the words Meva Crud are wired onto the sides of the gunblade with electricity running through the wires..

Digital Dragon
05-26-2008, 07:51 PM
I am going to limit everyone to just one character for now, I think.

Shobu Shimizui: I appprove Rozari Akelyma. Welcome to the RPG.

Chcobo: You are not approved for several reasons. Gunblades for the purpose of this game are not actually guns but more like swords able to shoot mana energy. It is considered a magical category, not something you can add on to a non-magical character. Also, the special ability you listed is not one I consider appropriate for this game.

Hollow Ichigo: I am really trying to allow you into the game, but so far your characters are still not up to par.
However, I am wiling to let Sky in under the folowing conditions: You must limit yourself to one type of mana to start. Based on your description of the character, I would recommend Fire. As a side effect of this, your character could even have hair made of fire. The abilities to control fire in midair is already part of a mage's abilities even though telepathy would not allow you to do that, as it only allows you to read minds and speak mentally at a distance with other telepaths. This would allow you to shape arrows as you have described. You character would not have greater strength or stamina, though would be immune to fire attacks. This is due to the fact that channeling mana actually damages the body, which is why mages in general do not engage in direct combat. The fire could, however, be cast under your feet to allow you greater speed due to propulsion provided by the flames.
If you agree to these conditions and edit him properly, he will be accepted, but not until then.

~Shobu~
05-26-2008, 08:40 PM
Okay, that's cool. Thanks ^_^

Hollow Ichigo
05-26-2008, 08:51 PM
That sounds great. However i'm not trying to sound like a a** but that would in against everything I stand for. I was only saying that he chooses one of them. mainly Light. meaning that that is my one mana stone. I said Fire, and Ice because, well never mind that.

So for the main reason for me to be done with this I'll go along with it.

Digital Dragon
05-26-2008, 09:04 PM
I am aiming for June 1st to start the RPG, as I still have to write out what I am planning to post as far as setting up the setting.

Similar to FFX, characters can carry a spare outfit in a Dress sphere, which is basically a magic carrying case about the size of a pokeball. :P
Messages and records can be recorded on memory speres, also magic constructs, and characters would have any family pictures or messages recorded on these as part of their basic gear.

That sounds great. However i'm not trying to sound like a a** but that would in against everything I stand for. I was only saying that he chooses one of them. mainly Light. meaning that that is my one mana stone. I said Fire, and Ice because, well never mind that.

Light would not be able to be formed into arrows, which was why I suggested fire. But if you are cool with everything, then great. To clarify, Mages do not need mana stones, able to channel mana directly from the elements of nature.

Hollow Ichigo
05-27-2008, 07:03 AM
So am I ready to go.

Chocobo
05-27-2008, 11:29 AM
Chcobo: You are not approved for several reasons. Gunblades for the purpose of this game are not actually guns but more like swords able to shoot mana energy. It is considered a magical category, not something you can add on to a non-magical character. Also, the special ability you listed is not one I consider appropriate for this game.

Edited my character. I can take off the Photon Cannon and 2 daggers if need be.

Digital Dragon
05-27-2008, 05:26 PM
So am I ready to go.

Yes, Sky (or are you calling him Kane now?)is approved. I will be PMing you with your potential areas of progression based on the Fire Mage specialty so you know what speres of mana are open for you to study in. It may help clarify why your character seemed best as a fire mage. I basically already had the mage categories filled out and matched you to the one closest fitting your abilities.

Chocobo: Your sword may be etched and the electricity allowed to light up the lettering, but there would be no need for the glass. Al Bhed would wire it to do that. So that is fine, and you can hold the knives close to the Gunblade to charge them, so that is approved if you do it that way, but they would not have electrical abilties on their own. That was actually very creative on your part to charge your weapons. Four blades is okay also, as they are the same type of weapon. They would actually do more damage due to being charged, so change that to 5% MORE damage than a standard blade.
As far as detecting Summoned Guardian Deities, they would have to be of the same element as the mana stone equipped in the Gunblade, so Electric to begin with. As Al Bhed, however, you have no idea what electrical Guardian Deities there are.
As far as the photon cannon break, change it to a static collection effect converting static electricity in the air to lightning and you got yourself a character in my RPG.
I will PM you with more info when I get a chance to go over a few things with you.

Chocobo
05-27-2008, 06:02 PM
Alright, reedited; changed the Photon Cannon Break, eye ability to detecting only electrical known dieties [none from start], where the gunblade and charged daggers are sheathed, and removed the glass covering from the gunblade to wiring it.

Digital Dragon
05-27-2008, 11:59 PM
Alright, reedited; changed the Photon Cannon Break, eye ability to detecting only electrical known dieties [none from start], where the gunblade and charged daggers are sheathed, and removed the glass covering from the gunblade to wiring it.

Okay then, you are approved. Welcome to the RPG. As I said, I will contact you regarding any information your character would know and anything else we might want clarified prior to the start of the RPG..

Hollow Ichigo
05-31-2008, 08:45 PM
Kane is right

Digital Dragon
05-31-2008, 09:36 PM
Okay. I listed him as Kane Sky in the character list for the RPG but can change it if you want.

Hollow Ichigo
05-31-2008, 10:20 PM
Very well. Kane Sky is fine.

Hollow Ichigo
06-03-2008, 04:00 PM
O...M....G!?!?!?!?!

If you didn't like a character acting like that then you should have told me when you were supposed to read the characters. It clearly says that he user people. Only fights to get something out of it for himself.

If you were going to pull something like this then you shouldn't have wasted my time. Good Day.

©~Hollow Ichigo~©

Chocobo
06-03-2008, 05:10 PM
O...M....G!?!?!?!?!

If you didn't like a character acting like that then you should have told me when you were supposed to read the characters. It clearly says that he user people. Only fights to get something out of it for himself.

If you were going to pull something like this then you shouldn't have wasted my time. Good Day.

©~Hollow Ichigo~©

Actually, no, he did not. He said there would be no one taking the side of "evil." Everyone was to take the side of "good", and there would be no fighting against others.

Waiting for your chance to take advantage during an attack would be choosing the "bad" side. So, he didn't waste your time, you wasted his by not actually reading.

Luzifer
06-03-2008, 06:03 PM
*removed by user*

Hollow Ichigo
06-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Wrong. Oh man this is turning into a repeat.

As said it clearly states that Kane doesn't fight. Only fighting to gain something in return. It also states that he is GOOD NATURED. Wow if someone is good natured then he can't be bad. I stated when I made him that he uses others. That is how he has survived. That is how he has had to live his whole life. So using the station has a way to survive is not bad it is apart of his being. It's only like a attacked anyone or something.

So yes my time was wasted. Also i'm not about to have one huge argument or something about somethin that I don't want to hear. I've lost interest in the Rpg now. You all have fun. Ichigo Out.

Digital Dragon
06-04-2008, 12:22 AM
The reason the Kane character was killed is the following:

1. He was playing a telepath and acting as if it were possible to just ignore the panicked minds of others. This was not played in character.

2. He was playing a mage and did not want to act as if his character had a desire to learn anything more. He simply did not behave as a mage. I said people had to play their characters as what they wrote them up to be, not just characters having powers with no qualifiers.

3. He refused to edit his post to reflect the layout of the outpost. He continued to act as if it were possible to stand in an area adjacent to the outpost when I clearly stated you had to be in the outpost to see anything of its layout. This was in violation of the rules as well.

4. He was behaving in an evil fashion in wanting to loot the outpost and letting people die when he could have helped to prevent it, and in stating derogatory comments regarding the Al Bhed. He was also acting as if doing so would place him under no harm, which goes along with the previous reason.

If it had been only one of these things, I would have talked to Hollow Ichigo and asked him to modify his character's behavior. But by doing all these things it was clear he was not playing by the rules set up at the beginning of the RPG. It is far easier to ban him from playing than to have to constantly correct him on his posts and get myself aggravated so that I no longer want to run the RPG. It is also not fair to the people who play by the rules to allow someone else not to.

Hollow Ichigo
06-04-2008, 11:18 AM
One: He doesnt care about anyone else.

Two: surviving is not evil it is apart of life.

Three: He sees the Al Bhed as Hypocrites. That's HIS opinion. So are you saying the I'm not intitled to own Opinion???? That's what is seems like.

Four: I didint even see that post to tell the truth. And my god it'sn not like he is just going to stop to help everyone. He saw no reason to. nothing and no one thier had anything that could in someway help him. So he was going to the the Al Bhed station to steal. Stealing ani't bad. Well yeah it is but still all he is trying to do is SURVIVE.

Five: What makes you think He doesnt wnat to learn. I didnt even use my power. Only to run faster and jump to the top of a building that wasnt that High up. So all of this sounds like a pile of something I cant say of fear of being banned likemy first account. But anyway it goes this is a crap load of some Bull. Sorry to put it that why but hey. I'm an A. We all know that.

Six: Luz my friend I think it's time we activate Operation RPG. June 6th.

Seven: Cowards take the easy way out and just ban. It takes someone with alot of character to Pm someone and explain. This has showed me alot about you and yourself. Happy Holidays. This is the ast time Ill be posting in this thread. Ya'll have fun. Some of you can just go striahg tto heaven. Where all the little bunnies and doggys live. On care bear island.

Digital Dragon
06-04-2008, 10:48 PM
It really makes more work than I care to do to explain to someone the things that have already been said in the posts of the RPG. I really did not have to explain it here, either. I just don't want people thinking I kill off characters for no reason.

Chocobo
06-04-2008, 11:01 PM
It really makes more work than I care to do to explain to someone the things that have already been said in the posts of the RPG. I really did not have to explain it here, either. I just don't want people thinking I kill off characters for no reason.

Some people just believe they do everything right, and hate to be told they were wrong. Yes, you shouldn't have to correct anything and everything someone does, but a correction here and there isn't wrong. We're not perfect. Sorry you had to become frustrated, if you did, DD. He should have just accepted the ban and moved on, ai?

Digital Dragon
06-04-2008, 11:08 PM
Some people just believe they do everything right, and hate to be told they were wrong. Yes, you shouldn't have to correct anything and everything someone does, but a correction here and there isn't wrong. We're not perfect. Sorry you had to become frustrated, if you did, DD. He should have just accepted the ban and moved on, ai?

I set this RPG up to be very difficult for people to try and run roughshod over it with their own agendas. Like a Final Fantasy game, it has a sequence and some areas will not be opened until others have closed. I am not trying to alienate people, but if so, so be it.

Chocobo
06-04-2008, 11:15 PM
I set this RPG up to be very difficult for people to try and run roughshod over it with their own agendas. Like a Final Fantasy game, it has a sequence and some areas will not be opened until others have closed. I am not trying to alienate people, but if so, so be it.

I don't think you're trying to alienate people, you're just trying to make sure it's a fair RPG for everyone.

Luzifer
06-04-2008, 11:25 PM
*post deleted by user*

Digital Dragon
06-06-2008, 08:30 PM
I am also trying to keep this RPG moving and not get stuck on side plots and things which keep the story from going where it needs to.

Chocobo
06-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Alright. I noticed the RPG went well for the first couple of days, but then it's really not going that fast paced now.

Digital Dragon
06-06-2008, 11:50 PM
This is because of the delay in some people posting. I am trying to allow everyone to keep up and so am waiting for more posts to come in before moving forth.

Megumi Oaks
06-07-2008, 12:29 AM
Just so you know, I am waiting on you to catch Cactuar, Yuna, Kotoko and Auron up to the hanger. My posts would be mostly a waste at this point. Syney and my crew are ready, and the posts would just consist of Linie waiting for Cid.

Luzifer
06-07-2008, 12:54 AM
This is my re-try character... I hope it works...its... a bit... um... well... you'll see

Name: Coeus Trismegistus
Class: Non-Magical
Race:Elvaan
Weapons: a low quality Voulge (basically.. its a meat clever haphazardly attached to a pole by a black smith)
Appearance:http://ivy.obidasin.com/gallery/Kaori%20Yuki/Angel%20Cage/040.jpg (save with long ears)
Bio: Came from a long line of valiant knights in the Elvaan knights. However his interests lay in scholarship and the study of culture rather than in fighting. He is of some reknown in scholarly circles for writing several treatises on the effects of mana as a societal influence as well as the study of mana as a force of life. However, his parents wanted him to join the military, at least for a few years, so he ran away from home and became a wandering scholar. He is still mastering his study on mana however, he is something of a renaissance man and is well-versed in linguistics, politics, physical sciences, literature, and mathematics, among others.

His travels have brought him a great deal of knowledge, however, he lacks any form of motivation to action. He is the quintessential ivory tower intellectual. Loving knowledge but loathe to apply it to practical instances that manifest in life. He also is something of a coward and tends to run from problems rather than deal with them. However, despite his many failings he has an acute mind and an unflinching loyalty to the truth.

Digital Dragon
06-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Luzifer: Approved.

Digital Dragon
06-12-2008, 04:15 PM
I will be allowing some people to create secondary characters when we reach the new area, and there is always rom for new players if anyone wants to join up. So far, Megumi Oaks is the only one allowed to create a secondary character. As always, it has to be posted here for approval before entry into the RPG.

Hollow Ichigo
06-29-2008, 05:19 PM
Name: Shadow Ragnarok, or Ragna
Class: Mage
Weapons: A long bow and arrows, he also uses a wooden staff names Naragami after his brother.
Additional Abilities: Shadow has the ability to see over long distances and an hit a target dead on from over 100 meters. His natural senses are very well trained from his training in the mountains. He can use the element of ice very well. {see above posts ofr details.}
Personality: Shadow is very anti social, holding everything that happened in the past on his chest. He thinks about his mother and brother everyday and only wishs he was strong enough then to save them. He speaks when it is needed or around someone he trusts which is very little cause he doesn't want to get to deep just to lose them in the end. He is very trustworthy however and wise for his age. He does what he needs to help out and will gladly put his life on the line for those he knows or doesn't know.
Appearance: He has grey eyes that seem to stare into time itself. He wears a long sleeves ankle length coat which is closed at the chest showing his light blue armor. The coat itself is pure white with light blue lining around it. He wears white tabi and wazaki. He also has light weight armor covering his back chest arms and legs. However the armor allows for him to perform his more complex movements. The armor is a very durable fabric made by his master during his training.
Bio: At birth Shadow's mother died, for reasons unknown. His father left them and he and his brother lived in the mountains learning the power of Ice. His master soon replaced his father and Shadow looked up to him. Shado grew cold however when watching the other children. They seemed happy almost and Shadow felt lost. His master would tell him that he was to Ice as Light was to darkness. They were like brothers. During a training mission Shadow and his brother were attacked. His brother was killed and Shadow blamed his master who watched from a distance. Shadow left that day after spending eleven years training

Digital Dragon
06-29-2008, 11:06 PM
Hollow Ichigo has been given permission to submit another character.

Hollow Ichigo: Several things:
1. I don't get what you are saying about his eyes. Please clarify.
2. If he is an archer, he would not wear standard armor. Also, why is it light blue?
3. Mana stone energy does not poison water. It causes plants and animals to mutate as if affected by spells related to the mana type. If you want him mutated by mana, you have to specify the mutation and type of mana so I can determine if it makes sense.
4. The rival schools would not allow you enough free time to train under both of them, and it is unlikely they would be close enough to one another for you to do so.
5. If you are Elvaan, you cannot learn magic, so you cannot possess mana stones or try to master them. Also, you stated your class is non-magical. You cannot have it both ways.

Hollow Ichigo
06-30-2008, 03:37 AM
Ok

1: His eyes eyes are just grey. Due to his mother and father using electric mana stones Shadow was born with the ability to focus the electrons in his body into his eyes allowing him to focus o far away targets by temporialy shifting light away from his eyes.
2: The armor is for if he must get close to a battle. So he can stay protected. It's color is just that. I color.
Three: The water was poisoned some how and that's what killed his mother.
4: Ok i'm not sure cause i forgot what you said but i'm pretty sure i fixed it.
5: Perfect. He is now an helga Mage. The mana stone of ice is his allowing him to create walls of Ice, fire ice beams. Freeze the ground to the point where he can slid across increasing his speed. He can freeze his arrows and add power to every shot due to that. He can freeze his arms, and legs making his body a large block of steel like ice armor. He ice set his hair on ice. Creating ice pillars to attack after training. Throw ice daggers. Shot ice spears. And much more after some time to time. AGAIN. Ok am I done.

Digital Dragon
06-30-2008, 05:16 PM
Hollow Ichigo: Okay, so here is where you stand with that:

1. This is acceptable.
2. The armor must be leather or hide and cannot be metal of any kind for a mage. Pleas edit your weapons also, as mages are limited to 2 types of weapons and they must be non-metal.
3. This is acceptable.
4. No, you still have him training under rival schools. Also, you must be aware that mage training requires extreme discipline and is the equivalent of a lifetime of training in it... You cannot simply "pick it up". Being a mage means eating and sleeping at the temple where the mage school is located, with little free time for anything else. This would prevent any extensive weapons training. Mages are also generally of calm demeanor.
5. Most of this is acceptable, except freezing wooden arrows would break them. Creating arrows of ice would be more likely but make them hard to shoot with an ordinary bow.

Hollow Ichigo
06-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Changed it.

Digital Dragon
07-01-2008, 11:42 AM
Hollow Ichigo: You are still not understanding how an Elemental Mage is trained. Seekers hunt and sometimes kill anyone possessing mana stones, so you would not be able to train with one other than under a formal Ice Adept, of which there are but a few in remote areas of Abaddon. To use Ice Mana as an Elemental Mage requires an 8 year apprenticeship and being marked with tattooed glyphs at different stages to allow you to channel mana without drawing glyphs and using power words. It is not possible to gain knowledge of glyphs or to learn to channel mana simply by having possession of a mana stone. It is a disciplined study at an academic level, similar to earning a medical degree (Ice mages are also notoriously strict and cold towards their students). Your character would not have any other type of mana naturally, either, so I do not know what this nonsense about "Ice and Shadow" is about. Unless your character was formally trained, he is not a mage and you cannot run him as such.

Hollow Ichigo
07-01-2008, 02:12 PM
editted again. He not trained eleven years. Leaving at the age of 14. I couldn't put that much more cause a word limit. However i'm not saying that he can use mana i'm saying that he draws onto the elements themselves. Ice. With training maybe water.

Digital Dragon
07-01-2008, 09:25 PM
editted again. He not trained eleven years. Leaving at the age of 14. I couldn't put that much more cause a word limit. However i'm not saying that he can use mana i'm saying that he draws onto the elements themselves. Ice. With training maybe water.

To use any elemental magic like that he has to be formally trained. There is none of this "drawing in" you are talking about. If you list him as a mage, he must have the standard training. Period.

Hollow Ichigo
07-02-2008, 01:40 AM
Ok he was trained I have that part down. Now what do I need.

Digital Dragon
07-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Hollow Ichigo: Your character is satifactory. You have Mage accreditation for access to library materials and should find a way to bring your character into the story by already being in Alexandria.

Hollow Ichigo
07-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Alright

Digital Dragon
08-05-2008, 09:15 PM
Participation has been sketchy to the RPG so far. I could really use more players if anyone new wants to create a character.

Digital Dragon
08-16-2008, 09:17 PM
All current players will be allowed to bring in an additional character in the next stage. These players are Chocobo, Luzifer and Shobu Shimizu.
Also, if you have a friend who might be interested in joining the RPG, please ask if they want to sign up.

Luzifer
08-16-2008, 11:03 PM
Name: Zoe Barbelo
Race: Mithra
Class: Non-magical
Weapons: Two daggers (normally only uses one at a time) and small single handed crossbow.
Additional Abilities: Quick and good with her hands, she can reload her crossbow without dropping her knife, a feat she takes great pride in.
Appearance: http://ivy.annacircles.com/gallery/Kaori%20Yuki/Lost%20Angel%20Kaori%20Yuki%20Illustrations%20File %202000/061.jpg Take off the wings, add cat ears and put her in traveler's cloths.
Bio: Thief, hunter, tracker, smuggler, you name it she's done it. The quintessential handy woman, willing and able to do any job to make a gil. She grew up in a country ruled by an Elvaan aristocracy. However, she was born in one of the semi-autonomous cities that have been developing for the past century. There grew up with he mother and learned how to pick pockets and hunt marks. Eventually she moved away from the nest and used the skills her mother had taught he to become something of a migrant worker, moving from town to town and plying her skills where she could.

Things changed however, when she took a job to track down a runaway heir for a noble family. Apparently the boy was trying to leave the country and she had to prevent him from doing so. Eventually she tracked him down, however, he bribed her with some jewelry he had taken from his home and Zoe, not being one to turn down a chance at profit, accepted it. As part of the deal she helped him make his way to the border and escape. However, after it was learned that she had allowed him to leave, she was forced to extradite herself from the country as well.

Since then she has traveled around, keeping an eye on the best places to make a quick gil.

Digital Dragon
08-17-2008, 12:13 AM
Luzifer: Approved, and nice work! I will contact you with a few things your Mithra would know about in PM.

Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades
08-17-2008, 03:48 AM
Name: D'm Chesa

Class: Rouge

Race: Mithra

Weapons: Long bow, various hidden daggers hidden in her shoes, twenty foot, extremely sharp durable wire-whip with a opal at the end.

Additional Abilities: High agility, strength and hide in shadows, lock picking and subterfudge

Appearance: http://i36.tinypic.com/2n0ua0.jpg Gray hair with black spots, black tail and ears. http://i38.tinypic.com/2mcvih5.jpg

Bio: She has been living in exile. For her whole entire life she had been afraid of the humaniod dragons. A group of dragons killed of her mother, Mura. Her hair colour chaged as she aged. The gray fur ears of hers turned black the gray fur got black spots. And so after the attack from dragons she had excaped out a secret passage way.

She had learned to steal, she had been tought by a fellow Mithra, whom never told her name. She however had been changed into a rouge, a cruel killer, maybe one day she'll be taught how to have mercy.

Digital Dragon
08-17-2008, 03:56 AM
Lady Baneheart of Blades: Approved. You may enter the RPG at the beginning of the next stage when the story gets to the next area. As with Luzifer, you will be given extra info in PM for your Mithra.

Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades
08-17-2008, 10:17 AM
Ooc: heya thanks for accepting my character. Just wondering when the next stage is, can you give me a clue or will you tell us when the next stage has come. thanks again.

Digital Dragon
08-17-2008, 01:30 PM
I just ended the current stage and now we await a destination to be set by Chocobo since her character Syney has taken over being captain of the airship. Please feel free to read over the story thus far to get a feel for the style of the game.

Chocobo
08-17-2008, 02:21 PM
I'll probably make another character. Most of my posts have been so...short. It'll probably be based off of one of my drawings. Alright, creation time. If there's been too many Ice summoners/mages lately, then I'll gladly change to a fire, arcane, lightning, or holy summoner. Or..rather...any other elemental summoner that I can easily manipulate the name to match with the GE.

Name: Shivastas Vixen
Element: Ice [Yes, I know. A bit too much of ice around lately.]
Weapons: Whichever GE she is assigned.
She carried with her a staff, which just slightly above her height.
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/7425/shivastavexp3.th.png (http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/7425/shivastavexp3.png)
Additional Abilities: Her ears are extremely sensative to the song of Shiva, regardless of where it is being sung. When she feels threatened, or is in battle, her skin gradually turns blue, then to ice. After any summoning of an ice Esper, her hands turn to ice, rendering her vulnerable for one turn[post].
Appearance: On her right arm is imbued the Glyph of Shiva [even though I don't know what it really looks like]. Her main hair base color is red. On her forehead and over her eyes is an etching of snowflakes.
http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/248/shivastaey5.th.png (http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/248/shivastaey5.png)
Bio: As a child, before mana was outlawed, her mother used to own a plant-mana store. Her mother had grown immune to mutations from plants, but Shivastas did not. The plant mana had altered her DNA, causing her hair to change shades after every 10 to 15 years. Like a tree has rings for every year of life. Several months after turning 12, she found a book entitled Heavenly Strike: An Attack of Shiva, entirely about the Guardian Entity Shiva. She found it interesting that there was an Esper named Shiva, and that her name was Shivastas.

After discovering her newfound mutation at the age of 10, Shivastas decided find herself a job worth living for, in hopes of being away from all the plant mana that the mutations would stop. Instead, the mutations became more noticeable with the stress of studying for her newfound job. Instead of her hair producing a new strand of shade here and there, her hair began to group together in the shades.

At the age of 16, she had finally finished her basic training of being a Summoner of Ice. Specifically training in the calling of Shiva. It had taken her three years just to learn the song and glyph of the GE, and had taken her six years learning how to study the stars above to call Shiva down without problems.

Digital Dragon
08-18-2008, 03:59 AM
Chocobo: Approved. Your GE is indeed Shiva (Thank You!). I will send you more details as to what transpired in Arctura since your new character would have been there when the events transpired related to the Sith occupation.

Chocobo
08-18-2008, 10:17 PM
You're welcome. o.o The idea of Shivastas came from Yuna and Yunalesca. >_> Plus I love Shiva.

Um, yeah. I actually created Shivastas a while back, and the incident with Shiva just totally went over my head.

~Shobu~
08-19-2008, 04:58 PM
Name: Miera

Class: nonmagical

Weapons: bow and arrow as seen in the picture

Additional Abilities: archery

Appearance: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk15/fallen_dethangel/elf/anime-6.jpg
To survive the harsh conditions of Arctura, she was given a long, large white fur coat.

Bio: Miera was born into a family of 5 consisting of her mother, father, sister, brother, and herself. A plague hit her hometown, wiping out her entire family but herself at the age of 4. She was taken in by a the town's only summoner. After a year of traveling they stumbled upon the kingdom of the royal Akelyma family. There the summoner fell in love and discontinued her journey and left Miera in more capable hands. The Akelyma treated her kindly and took her in with only one exception, that she'd take care of the child they were planning to have and run errands for them in the meantime. While fulfilling her duty, she was taught archery (her skills existed but they were not advanced) from one of the advanced archers in the kingdom.

She was eight when Rozari was born and she cherished her, helping her with her archery lessons when she was 5 and spoiling her when her parents did not. When they were separated, Miera was almost immediately liberated by two Ronzos, Balisk and Buroki, who gave Miera shelter. Miera will soon be ready to set off to look for Rozari.

EDITED.

Digital Dragon
08-19-2008, 09:02 PM
Shobu Shimizu: Helgas are humans, not elvish, so she would not have pointed ears. Also, I kind of get the impression she is supposed to be a Fire Mage, but you would have to train as a Mage intensively for at least 8 years, as it is the equivalent of a Doctorate degree level education. So your bio will need to be worked on. Also, on this world Rhonsos are hostile towards Humes and Helgas, so that part of your bio does not fly either. This world does not use mana wizards, whicgh you might have become using that kind of background, but intead has Elemental Adepts trained in seclusion in the Temples. For instance, a Fire Mage would be taken to a city in a live volcano and trained to master its mana.

~Shobu~
08-19-2008, 10:07 PM
I see... I'll edit it.

Edit:

Alright, I edited her bio and everything to have it make more sense and since you said that Rhonso were violent toward hume and helga, I made her elvaan for the heck of it because I was too lazy to change that other-wise.

Just tell me if there's enything else I need to change. ^_^

Luzifer
08-19-2008, 11:05 PM
nuuuu I used to be the only elvaan now they are everywhere... give me back my coolness!

Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades
08-20-2008, 11:10 AM
Your the best misterious Elvaan Luzifer.

~Shobu~
08-20-2008, 04:24 PM
Ehhhh, I'm sorry Luzi. ^_^() Don't be mad. You're still cooler than any of us are.

Luzifer
08-20-2008, 04:34 PM
...I wouldn't do that if I were you... my ego is reaching critical mass as it stands... it might blow

~Shobu~
08-20-2008, 04:45 PM
I'm sure it'll be fine. Big egos suit the ones with better judgement.

Chocobo
08-20-2008, 05:54 PM
o_o Luzifer. You just looked oh so lonely being the only Elvaan. >_>

Digital Dragon
08-20-2008, 07:18 PM
Shobu Shimizu: Leave off the telepathy and I will approve your Elvaan. Politically they are not known to be allied with either the Sith or the Human races and so could be affiliated with any other races as desired.

~Shobu~
08-20-2008, 09:15 PM
okie dokie. I've edited it.

Digital Dragon
08-20-2008, 09:56 PM
You are good to go then.

JapanUKHero
08-22-2008, 05:34 PM
Um...Is there anymore room in FF RPG? I'm thinking wht character I'm going to create and sign up. If I'm ready. Cool RPG.

Digital Dragon
08-22-2008, 08:34 PM
I am always taking more players, since we started out pretty low numbers. Just read the character guidelines in the first post of the thread and try and make a FF character. If your character sounds too generic, it won't be accepted.

Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades
08-27-2008, 01:16 AM
Name: Ilydi Niqe

Race: Gria (can only speak Al-bhed she was taught by her teacher and her family)

Class: Hydromancer

Weapons: Staff

Additional Abilities: Due to intended mana mutation her wings are larger than the rest of her tribes, making her glide longer than normal others, but with the large wings came a price that she could not run nor walk. With the wings she can carry a heavy load of rocks and still land almost softly. She specialized in Water Mana that would allow her to do storms involving rain and snow, as well as control tides and detect underground sources of water. Making also a deal with her teacher she recieved specail made armor for her legs, to protect them and keep her grounded so that she isn't blown away, thus she could walk like anyone. If she ever takes it off she will lose the ability to walk, (it was mana mutation that had her make difficuilty to run or walk, so the 'devil'(her teacher) helped her out with it.)

Appearance: Large white-dragon-wings, but can only glide. White punk-rough hair. Wears silver clothing and armor. 6'3'' tall. Her tail is one meter tall and her wings is one and a half meter. The wind restricts her to run or walk correctly when the wind is blowing. So the armor on her legs keeps her a bit grounded. Shocking blue eyes.

http://i38.tinypic.com/cnee.jpg

Bio: As a Gria at the age of 17, she was taught to control nature and shoot random water affects on innocent vicitims. Nothing is much known about her past, but she lived and trained as a hunter at the age of nine to the age of 17, at the age of 17 she lost the abilty to walk after the mutation had completely changed her. Her choice was to jion the side of the sith once when they asked her to jion them in collecting Mitra, but they didn't notice her inabilty to walk, thus she hid it from them hoping that they would still accept her. She told them that she would have to be trained as a Hydromancer inorder to chase the Mithra out of their homes, not as a hunter, she very much was entransed by what they could do.

Longtime ago she made a deal with 'the devil' or that was what she called the Hydromancer at the Cloistered Wyr (dragon enclosing). In return he taught her how to control storms for eight years and give her armor that would support her legs. Eight years later she turned out as a Hydromancer.

One year after her 8 year training after jioning with the sith she attacked half the colony of the Mithra in search that they should join. She ran away after a fight with the leader in search of a new life. she never liked working with those telepathic creatures in the first place. She is now in the land of ice. She eventually lurked around the city of Arctura for one year, without being noticed. Though her legs in armor would suffer greatly at the colds, she tends to keep to warm places. She will lose the ability to walk if she takes off the armor on her legs, she cleans it thurougly with her power. At the age of 27 she made weather storms when the temple sent people to throw her in jial for tresspassing. Her occupation is detecting water.

OOC: I edited

Digital Dragon
08-27-2008, 11:31 AM
Lady Baneheart: A Geomancer would be limited to Earth elemental magic. Since Earth mana does not really get used much, I think this might be acceptable, and I am willing to grant you a second character, but I will need to know what effects you have in mind before I will approve this character. Creating Earthquakes, falling stones and the like would be examples of what a geomancer does, as well as finding water underground. Creating just any random effect would not be possible, however. Either edit your character submission or pm me with what you want this character to be able to do.

Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades
08-27-2008, 12:13 PM
I edited the post of the character.

Digital Dragon
08-27-2008, 05:14 PM
Detecting Water mana is not something a Geomancer would do, since water detection is more about detecting in alterations in the Earth and its shape. I have responded to your other queries you sent in pm.

Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades
08-28-2008, 12:20 AM
Hope your happy with my edit. The armor is what keeps her grounded a bit so that she isn't blown away with those wings of hers and it gives her the abilty to walk again. Hope I'm not bothering you with all these edits and personalmessages. I said in the title of the p.m that you should only read that one personal message, there is the whole of the character, I changed her looks and hair colour and her bio a bit, plus her abilities. Tell me If I should get rid of something.

Digital Dragon
08-30-2008, 10:16 AM
+Lady Baneheart: After much work, you are finally approved! Have fun with your Gria.

Lil' Blue
09-01-2008, 08:37 PM
Name:Cobalt
Class:Gunblade
Race: Gria
Weapons:Dark Blade
Additional Abilities: Telepathy
Appearance:Blue,and white Armor
Bio: Cobalt was 6 when his parents were killed while doing an important mission.This left Cobalt living and surviving on his own.He crafted his own weapons,his most prized weapon,the Dark Blade.He now is a well known icon in the underground fighting arenas throughout the land.

Digital Dragon
09-09-2008, 10:37 PM
So is thisa supposed to be a dark mana Gunblade, Cobalt6? Also, I don't think Gria are telepathic, so what is the basis for this?

Luzifer
09-09-2008, 10:53 PM
If people are waiting for Coeus in the RP then don't bother, I don't really want to make a superflous "Coeus-is-reading" post and I'm dropping Zoe... she just wasn't interesting enough as a character to warrant her continued existence.

Digital Dragon
09-10-2008, 09:54 PM
Well, I didn't really understand what you were trying to do with that character, so sorry to see ya go, but hey, life goes on.

Luzifer
09-10-2008, 11:44 PM
Honestly, I didn't even want to make another character... I only made one cause you asked and thus the end result was a character without any real reason for being there other than to take up space.