PDA

View Full Version : Galactik Football

araym219
05-19-2008, 12:26 PM
Wow, i can't believe none of you started a thread about Galactik Football, well i guess you can say it's somewhat a cartoon, but i'd rather place it in the anime section.
Let's start off with the beginning, i'm going to try to give you a heads up about the series without leaking any spoilers, here goes
Firs of all, the series is property of Alphanim, France 2, Jetix and Welkin Animation, which i would like to thank for the series, well, as you figured it, it's a french production, but hey, that doesn't say much, trust me again and give it a chance :P
In a galaxy where interplanetary travel is no dream, no future project but reality, we are thrown on the icy planet of Akillian, the story doesn't give us really much on the past of this planet, but it will unravel as you progress through the first season. We are introduced to Aarch, a very nice character, which you will find extremely easy to like, i did at least, he returns to his home planet(Akillian) to form a<tada-da-m> galactik football team.
Well, here's where i come up and tell you about GF(sfort for Galactik Football, you get it).In this galaxy, we find The Flux, "a powerful, magical energy", so powerful that it had to be banned execpt for gf, on each planet the flux takes different colors and has different attributes, on Akillian, it is called The Breath, it allows our heroes to do pretty interesting and easily enviable things, like stunning acrobatics and powerful shots.
After the selections, Aarch is left with a full team composed of(note that this is the original team which Aarch composed):
Synedde - a great player with an attitude, he plays as striker
D'Jok - synedde's nemesis, an equally powerful player and striker, he is the first to awaken to the breath, he also plays as a striker
Tia - a white haired girl, she appears suddenly and stuns Aarch and his staff by making magic with the ball and having the breath already awakened, she is an attacking midfielder
Micro Ice - a goofy, short and funny guy, micro ice sometimes shows off, but he gets the job done every time, he is a striker, he is also D'Jok's best friend and sticks with him all the time
Mei - an over ambitious girl, she has some secrets for the newly formed team, but as soon as that gets out of the way, she is a terrible defender
Thran - he is the twin brother of Ahito, an impossible defender, he is a computer wizz, and is often seen playing video games with some of the team members, but in the end his only match is his brother
Ahito - the gate keeper of the team, Ahito is most of the time seen sleeping or yawning, he awakens to the breath the last and does his magic as the final line of defense
Rocket - he is co-opted to the team after synedde leaves the team, rocket becomes the captain of the team, he is a midfielder and is a star passer.
That's it for the team, The Snow Kids, during the first season we witness their growth from a scarce and weak team to a team and a powerful one for the matter, along the way, there are matches with different teams, there are twists and turns, there is betrayal and there are old bonds renewed.
There is a second season which just started, but it started promising, with a subject that will hardly wear out, i can only hope for more and more.
See you next time
This topic fails:laugh: