PDA

View Full Version : The World gets weirder and weirder....

iRevo
05-18-2008, 12:46 PM
Yes my friends, the world gets weirder and weirder... seriously man...just soooo weird and i don't customs/traditions.

here is an example
Hello Kitty to be appointed Japan's tourism ambassador (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080518/lf_afp/lifestyleentertainmentjapantourism_080518024123)

now I heard of handing over a country to a lunatic but this is crazy!

btw, do you have anymore weird news....that is true?

sa5m
05-18-2008, 02:41 PM
Yes my friends, the world gets weirder and weirder... seriously man...just soooo weird and i don't customs/traditions.

here is an example
Hello Kitty to be appointed Japan's tourism ambassador (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080518/lf_afp/lifestyleentertainmentjapantourism_080518024123)

What's weird about that? : O Hello Kitty's so awesome, it deserves it. :]

Drifter Uk
05-18-2008, 02:50 PM
there was a guy in australia who got fined £360 for putting a seatbelt round his beer, rather than his child.
he obviously needed to sort out his priorities

Oracle
05-18-2008, 02:54 PM
there was a guy in australia who got fined £360 for putting a seatbelt round his beer, rather than his child.

Sorry, but that's pretty funny. . .

There was a person that ate his wife's face off then he chocked on it and died. I forget where was he from.

Amray
05-18-2008, 02:55 PM
What about that thing someone posted in the games section about Wii fitness or something. Where the game estimated that some womans daughter was obese and she wanted to start a whole court case on it to make the game an 18+ XDD!!
I laughed my tail off when I read about that.

Drifter Uk
05-18-2008, 03:34 PM
i just found a better one

headline 'whale explodes in taiwanese city'

story - a whale was found on a beach, but died before help could arrive. researchers collected the body and were transporting accross the city when it exploded, covering several parked cars and pedestrians in blood.

there was a picture that went with it, but it was pretty gory, so i thought it was best not to post it

theres a link to the site if u wanna look. it contains loads of weird news posts - http://www.weirdnews.co.uk/

InsultToInjury
05-18-2008, 03:51 PM
Some guy in NewZealand a few weeks ago got arrested for using a hedgehog as a weapon. He chucked the hedgehod and someone and it knocked them out.

Chocobo
05-18-2008, 04:19 PM
O_o;; um..right.

Hello Kitty is EXTREMELY popular in Japan, so I can understand it being appointed the tourism ambassador.

Fining a guy for putting a seatbelt around his beer instead of his child isn't weird, it's perfectly normal. If the guy got in a wreck, the beer would have been lost either way, so he's just wasting his time trying to protect his beer.

No comment to the husband eating his wife's face off the choking on it...

The Wii Fit to be made an 18+ game is stupid, but that's, of course, from the mind of a rampaging parent trying to protect other kids from having their minds crushed of the reality that they're just fat. I'm surprised a parent hasn't demanded a class be made 18+ because the teacher told the student to study harder because they didn't think they were trying hard enough.

For the transporting of the whale...they should have taken into consideration of the decomposition of the fish, and should have airlifted it over the sea, NOT the city. I know they sound the same...well, not really. [see] [sih-tee]

O_o;; dude, I'd use a hedgehog as a weapon! Now, if we have "hungry angry hedgehog shooters" that we could use in battle, it might be funny and effective...or just stupid.

Ravenblade
05-18-2008, 04:26 PM
Some guy in NewZealand a few weeks ago got arrested for using a hedgehog as a weapon. He chucked the hedgehod and someone and it knocked them out.

XDDDDD That is without a doubt the most awesome use for a hedgehog in the history of ever!!

InsultToInjury
05-18-2008, 04:50 PM
XDDDDD That is without a doubt the most awesome use for a hedgehog in the history of ever!!

Here is the article from the BBC website.

"NZ man 'used hedgehog as weapon'

A man in New Zealand has been charged with using a hedgehog as a weapon, the New Zealand Herald has reported.
Police said William Singalargh, 27, had hurled the hedgehog about 5m (16ft) at a 15-year-old boy.
"It hit the victim in the leg, causing a large, red welt and several puncture marks," said Senior Sgt Bruce Jenkins, in the North Island town of Whakatane.
It was unclear whether the hedgehog was still alive when it was thrown, though it was dead when collected as evidence. The police spokesman said the suspect was arrested "for assault with a weapon, namely the hedgehog." Mr Singalargh is due to appear in court on 17 April. If convicted, he faces up to five years in prison. "

:laugh:

~Akino Kiritani~
05-18-2008, 04:58 PM

After seeing that I was like...What...the...hell? xD Thats a very interesting purpose for a hedgehog...Would that be animal abuse?

InsultToInjury
05-18-2008, 05:07 PM
I think so but they were unsure if it was dead when he through it. It would definelty be if it was still alive when it got thrown.

DOOM!
05-18-2008, 06:08 PM
Hatake Buruku is also appointed for a lifetime citizenship at the Japan embasy on Monday, now that Hello Kitty started the dominion.

What boggles me is WHO is actually the face behind Hello Kitty in Japan? The corporation that ownes it's copyrights? the guy who draw her? some weeabo fan fools? the actual ambassador wearing a Hello Kitty paper mask?
WHO?!

Fabala
05-18-2008, 06:54 PM
As my husband so eloquently put it: "Only in Australia."

Hideki Motosuwa.
05-18-2008, 08:01 PM
Yeah, I saw on tv this morning, headlines and news about rapper DMX. Apparently, the guy was charged with abuse to animals and smuggling drugs. And just yesterday, he was suspected in using a fake name to get out of paying his Hospital Bill. You know the guy who starred alongside Jet Li in "Cradle 2 the Grave," and "Open Wounds??" That's him 0.0 I hope all goes well for him and everyone(though he's now a criminal).

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-18-2008, 09:17 PM
How could the world get weirder?

Buruku
05-18-2008, 10:07 PM
Theres something wrong with the threads title, should be :"world gets awesomer and awesomer."

Souji Seta
05-19-2008, 04:10 AM
The world is definitely going to a strange direction. I don't know how weird it could get. Because it is already too weird.

Wio
05-19-2008, 05:18 AM

here is an example

This makes sense. It helps those who plan on going to Japan get a grip on where they're going.

Drifter Uk
05-19-2008, 06:28 AM
How could the world get weirder?

if a fish predicts the end of the world.

apparently a fish heading for a market started talking in hebrew and predicted the end of the world.
the owner decided it was the devil, stabbed it, injuring himself in the process and then sold it.

it can get weirder

Flah Blah
05-19-2008, 07:27 AM
Theres something wrong with the threads title, should be :"world gets awesomer and awesomer."

^Agreed. I'm seeing HK rifles for Japan airport security firearms and I'm booking a flight over.

Memento Mori
05-19-2008, 07:36 AM
How about the woman who had an affair with a man, so when the husband of the woman finally caught her and the other over in the car, she screamed rape, the husband shot the lover, and the lover died?

That was crazy.

Pix the Skull Kid
05-19-2008, 09:54 AM
I'm too lazy to read to see if this was mensioned yet, but someone got fined for interrupting the airway traffic because he was flying through the sky in a lawn chair attatched to balloons. o.o

Wilson
05-19-2008, 10:09 AM

If that doesn't scream Australia, I dunno what does...

SONIC SPIN DASH!

Ire_Hikari
05-19-2008, 10:12 AM
why do you say that? i like the title as is... O__O

as for me, i try not to involve myself with the worlds problems...its too tiresome...lots of news now are getting more pointless each day...and besides, i have my own problems to worry about... =___=

Wio
05-19-2008, 04:55 PM
How about the woman who had an affair with a man, so when the husband of the woman finally caught her and the other over in the car, she screamed rape, the husband shot the lover, and the lover died?

That was crazy.
I wouldn't call that crazy. I would call it evil.

Fabala
05-19-2008, 06:46 PM
I'd call it survival instincts kicking in. If she knew her husband was capable of murder, she was saving her own skin.

Diocletian
07-05-2008, 05:47 PM
Are you saying Konichiwa Neko wouldn't make a good ambassador.Yes,she would.If there was ever a war,she would stop it along with Pocchaco.AHHH..good times,good times.

Sanosuke23
07-05-2008, 06:08 PM
Are you saying Konichiwa Neko wouldn't make a good ambassador.Yes,she would.If there was ever a war,she would stop it along with Pocchaco.AHHH..good times,good times.

I have never been proud of not knowing what the hell something means.

Until I read this.

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-05-2008, 06:24 PM
I have never been proud of not knowing what the hell something means.

Until I read this.
Unfortunately, I understand most of it. The Pocchaco part eludes me, but based on the rest, I'm 99% sure of what he's talking about.

OH GAWD, DON'T GOOGLE IT. ONCE YOU HAVE SEEN, YOU CAN NOT UNSEE IT.

Sanosuke23
07-05-2008, 06:34 PM
Unfortunately, I understand most of it. The Pocchaco part eludes me, but based on the rest, I'm 99% sure of what he's talking about.

OH GAWD, DON'T GOOGLE IT. ONCE YOU HAVE SEEN, YOU CAN NOT UNSEE IT.

That's the part that eluded me as well. I'm just gonna assume it's a dog of some sort and let the matter drop into obscurity.

Of course now my curiosity is piqued, though...

... and upon Googling I find pictures of a delicious ham sandwich.

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-05-2008, 06:38 PM
Well, that isn't what I saw. Maybe the unspeakable evil takes the form it finds most appropriate when gazed upon. I'm pretty sure this is a plot Lovecraft would have used if he lived until the information age.

Sanosuke23
07-05-2008, 06:48 PM
To be fair there were pictures of the dog too, but my brain is trained to imagine suffocating all things Sanrio as a coping mechanism.

It would be exceedingly easy, most of the little abominations don't have mouths so that's half the work right there.