PDA

View Full Version : Most memorable lines from Cinema

International 4-8818
05-16-2008, 10:47 PM
One of the most memorable lines that i remember is from blade runner: "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."

The part where he says like tears in rain are so poet that it changed the whole movie for me. For me, by far the best lines from the movies i have seen.

What about you?

Edit from the moderator:

Please do keep the forum rules in mind. Please dont post quotes with profanity or try to censor that profanity.

Cantelope
05-16-2008, 11:02 PM
"You had me at hello."

Niro
05-17-2008, 04:01 AM
"You call him Dr. Jones, doll!" - Short Round in Indian Jones and the Temple of Doom

He was hilarious in this film

Xage
05-17-2008, 04:16 AM
Well i have some memorable lines lol.. but ill take this one for now...

Its from Transformers (2007)
Me and my friend laught so hard when this came up lol

Ironhide: [brandishing large cannons] The parents are very irritating.
Ratchet: [trying to calm him] Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!
Ironhide: Can I take them out?
Optimus Prime: Ironhide, you know we don't harm humans. What is with you?
Ironhide: Well, I'm just saying, we could... it's an option.

gangman5
05-17-2008, 04:26 AM
"Great scott!"-back to the future

CapnJack
05-17-2008, 04:55 AM
Pitch Black-

Riddick (Vin Deisel): "We cant leave yet... not without saying goodbye." *ignites engines just as the creatures climb on top of and behind the ship, frying them to a crisp*
-------------------------
Scary Movie-

Shawn Waynes character: "Games dont kill people, canceling tv shows kills people; like The Waynes Bros. We got 5 seasons..." *begins stabbing buddy out of frustration*
"...and we didnt even get a final episode." *whines while stabbing buddy more*

Thats all I can think of at the moment. More to come.

Drifter Uk
05-17-2008, 05:08 AM
my favourites gotta be from aliens

hudson; 'maybe its like an ant hive'
vasquez; 'bees man, bees have hives'
hudson; 'whatever'

Hideki Motosuwa.
05-17-2008, 08:45 AM
Here's one from Godzilla 1984(best G movie ever!!):
Steve Martin (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087344/quotes): "Nature has a way sometimes of reminding Man of just how small he is. She occasionally throws up terrible offspring's of our pride and carelessness to remind us of how puny we really are in the face of a tornado, an earthquake, or a Godzilla. The reckless ambitions of Man are often dwarfed by their dangerous consequences. For now, Godzilla - that strangely innocent and tragic monster - has gone to earth. Whether he returns or not, or is never again seen by human eyes, the things he has taught us remain..."

Eris
05-17-2008, 08:54 AM
T: Oh-hhh!!! Go on, do me in you bastard cowards. I don't want to live anyway, not in a stinking world like this.
A: Oh - and what's so stinking about it?
T: It's a stinking world because there's no law and order any more. It's a stinking world because it lets the young get onto the old like you done. It's no world for an old man any more. What sort of a world is it at all? Men on the moon and men spinning around the earth and there's not no attention paid to earthly law and order no more.

Memento Mori
05-17-2008, 09:02 AM
"But you ain't got no legs, Lt. Dan."

-Forrest Gump! *gasp*

"Wait, you know who Superman is? Whoa, whoa, whoa, I'm feeling something. Are you aware of Garfield?"

-Marlena Diamond from Cloverfield! I love that line!

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-17-2008, 09:06 AM
2001: A Space Odyssey

Dave: Open the pod bay doors, HAL.
HAL: I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.

Full Metal Jacket

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Holy dog[poop]! Texas! Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy! And you don't look much like a steer to me, so that kinda narrows it down!

Dr. Strangelove or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

General Jack D. Ripper: Do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk, ice cream? Ice cream, Mandrake? Children's ice cream!...You know when fluoridation began?...1946. 1946, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual, and certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works. I first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of love...Yes, a profound sense of fatigue, a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I-I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence. I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women, er, women sense my power, and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women, Mandrake...but I do deny them my essence.

A Clockwork Orange

Alex: "Well, well, well, well. If it isn't fat, stinking billygoat Billy-Boy in poison. How art thou, thy globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip-oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou."

Yes. I do love Kubrick films. So sue me.

serasvct
05-17-2008, 04:57 PM
Paprika: "Don't you think dreams and the Internet are similar? They are both areas where the repressed conscious mind vents."

This line really stuck in my mind. From Paprika, 2006

Cotaku
05-17-2008, 05:08 PM
"Run, Forrest, Run!" - Jenny from Forrest Gump

Eris
05-17-2008, 05:17 PM
2001: A Space Odyssey

Dave: Open the pod bay doors, HAL.
HAL: I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.

[...]

Yes. I do love Kubrick films. So sue me.

You forgot

Dave: My god, it's full of stars!

Wonderful line. Best obscure reference ever is to say it when opening drawers or entering a bathroom or something.

blackrosetwilight
05-17-2008, 05:38 PM
"dont think, feel!!!!" Bruce Lee

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-17-2008, 09:27 PM
You forgot

Dave: My god, it's full of stars!

Wonderful line. Best obscure reference ever is to say it when opening drawers or entering a bathroom or something.

I did... :(

Hideki Motosuwa.
05-17-2008, 10:31 PM
"dont think, feel!!!!" Bruce Lee
Classic!! I approve!! xD From "Enter the Dragon," right?? ^^ Here's another one: "A good martial does not become tense, but ready. Not thinking, yet, not dreaming. Ready for whatever may come. When the opponent expand, I contract. And when he contract, I expand. And when there is an oppurtunity, "I" do not hit, "it" hits all by "it's self."--Bruce Lee

And, right after his, "don't think, feeeel" line: "It is like a finger, pointing away to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all that Heavenly Glory. Now do you understand??"--Bruce Lee

~Rose~
05-17-2008, 11:02 PM
*Run Forest Run* that one is very memorable line... so yea..xD

Sanosuke23
05-17-2008, 11:58 PM
THIS THREAD IS SORELY LACKING STAR WARS QUOTES.

"I've got a bad feeling about this." - Harrison Ford as Han Solo, Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

"Mos Eisley Spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy." - Sir Alec Guinness as Obi-Wan Kenobi, Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

rEikAbLeU
05-18-2008, 12:08 AM
"Maybe the absence of signs is a sign."
a line by Jonathan Trager from my favorite movie "SERENDIPITY"

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-18-2008, 12:09 AM
There is only one good Star Wars quote.

Admiral Ackbar: It's a trap!

daft
05-18-2008, 12:36 AM
"Whoa." - Keanu Reeves/The Matrix

DOOM!
05-18-2008, 04:17 AM
T: Oh-hhh!!! Go on, do me in you bastard cowards. I don't want to live anyway, not in a stinking world like this.
A: Oh - and what's so stinking about it?
T: It's a stinking world because there's no law and order any more. It's a stinking world because it lets the young get onto the old like you done. It's no world for an old man any more. What sort of a world is it at all? Men on the moon and men spinning around the earth and there's not no attention paid to earthly law and order no more.
I knew that line tickled your fancy.
Well mine was:
"As we walked along the flatblock marina, i was calm in the outside but thinking all the time. So now it was to be Georgie the General, saying what we should do and not to do. And Dim as his mindless, grinning bulldog. But suddently i viddied that thinking is for the gloopy ones; and that the oomny ones used, like, inspiration and what Bog sends. For now it was lovely music that came to my aid. There was a window open with a stereo on; and i viddied right at once what to do."

And:
"D: Yarbles! Great, bouncy yarblocks to you! I'll meet you with chain or nozh or britva anytime. I'm not having you aiming tolchocks at me reasonless. It stands to reason, I won't have it."

Hideki Motosuwa.
05-18-2008, 09:54 AM
"No Luke. I am your father."----Darth Vader, Star Wars Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back

"Hungry?? Eat, this!!!!!"--Burt Gummer, Tremors

"My name is not Johnny."--Jet Li, Kiss of the Dragon

"And you. Show me them boobies!!"--David Spade, Joe Dirt

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-18-2008, 10:45 AM
King Leonidas: Madness? THIS IS SPARTA!!!

King Leonidas: Spartans! Ready your breakfast and eat hearty, FOR TONIGHT, WE DINE IN HELL!!!

plucky
05-18-2008, 10:52 AM
"Oopsie, I had a poopsie!"
-Marlon Waynes in White Chicks

Kinda gross, sorry, lol.

sataned
05-18-2008, 01:41 PM
TERMINATOR 2 - #1) HASTA LA VISTA, BABY!
#2) COME WITH ME IF YOU wANT TO LIVE! BABY!<<lol

BEOWULF - I AM BEOWULF!

UP IN SMOKE - #1) Is that a joint, looks like a quarter pounder, man

#2)
CHEECH: Hey, what's in this shistuff, man?
CHONG: Mostly Maui-wowie, man.
CHEECh: Yeah?
CHONG: But it's got some Labrador in it.
CHEECH: What's Labrador?
CHONG: It's dog shistuff.
CHEECH: What?
CHONG: Yeah, my dog ate my stash, man. Had it on the table, and the little motherfuzzy ate it, man.
CHEECH:Yeah?
CHONG: I had to follow him around with a little baggie for three days before I got it back. Really blew the dog's mind.
CHEECH: You mean we're smoking dog shistuff, man?
CHONG: Gets you high, don't it?

blackrosetwilight
05-18-2008, 01:44 PM
"I see dead people" the sixth sense

gunslingergirl_
05-18-2008, 02:42 PM
"I went to the White House again, Got to meet the President again" - Forest Gump
"How you doin?" Norbit.

aishiteru333
05-18-2008, 03:14 PM
"I don't like your uterus..." Baby Mama

Hideki Motosuwa.
05-18-2008, 08:46 PM
"This time you're eating paper. The next time, it's gonna be glass!!" xD--Bruce Lee, Fist of Fury

"Now you listen to me, and I'll only say it once!! We are not sick men." T_T--Bruce Lee, Fist of Fury

"Yeah, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For thou art with me. Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life. Because I carry a big stick and I'm the meanest[insert bad word here]in the valley!!Two sharks down, Lord!! One demon fish to go!! Can I get an Amen??"--Preacher, Deep Blue Sea

"I hate to interrupt this moment of burgeoning intimacy but can we get the[explicit]out of here??" 0.0--Preacher, Deep Blue Sea

Sanosuke23
05-18-2008, 10:04 PM
THIS THREAD IS ALSO LACKING IN THE BOONDOCK SAINTS QUOTES!

Doc: You know what they say: People in glass houses sink sh... sh... sh... ships.
Rocco: I got to buy you like a proverb book or something, because this mix 'n' match (stuff)'s gotta go.
Doc: What?
Connor: Well, a penny saved is worth two in the bush, isn't it?
Murphy: And don't cross the road if you can't get out of the kitchen.

[Picking out weapons and gear]
Connor: You know what we need, man? Some rope.
Murphy: Absolutely. What are you, insane?
Connor: No I ain't insane, Charlie Bronson's always got a rope.
Murphy: Whaaaat?
Connor: Yeah, he's always got a lot of rope strapped around him in the movies, and they always end up using it.
Murphy: You've lost it, haven't you?
Connor: No, I'm serious.
Murphy: That's stupid. Name one thing you'd need a rope for.
Connor: You don't (flamin)' know what you're gonna need it for, they just always need it.
Murphy: What's this 'they' (stuff)? This isn't a movie.
Connor: [picks up a large knife from Murphy's bag] Oh...Is that right, Rambo?
Murphy: All right, get your stupid (flaming) rope.
Connor: I'll get my stupid rope. I'll get it. There's a rope right there!

Yes, I am one of those who feel it's a cult classic. Bite me if you disagree.

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-18-2008, 10:14 PM
Actually, Masali had a Boondock Saints quote (If I recall correctly) but it got deleted for some reason (profanity, I think).

Sagat
05-18-2008, 10:18 PM
"I need your clothes, your boots, and your motorcycle" T-800 in T2

NinnaMoon
05-18-2008, 10:37 PM
Cleary...

"I'll be back!" Arnold. S. > Terminator!
"You can't handle the truth!" Jack Nickelson
"Here's Johny!" Jack Nickelson > The Shinning
"Tatatata Today Jr!" Adam Sandler > Billy Madison

I'll put some more on later...

Xage
05-19-2008, 04:04 AM
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
If I'm not back in five minutes... wait longer!

Arthur
Susan: A real woman could stop you from drinking.
Arthur: It'd have to be a real BIG woman!

As Good As It Gets
Come on in, and try not to ruin everything by being you

Billy Madison
I always feel like an idiot. But I am an idiot, so it kinda works out!

A Bug's Life
First rule of leadership: everything is your fault.

Well there we have a few :D

Ein Einsamer Soldat
05-19-2008, 04:40 AM
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Indiana Jones: [dressed as the ticket-taker] Tickets please.
Colonel Vogel: [in German] What?
[Indiana punches him, picks him up and throws him out a window into a pile of luggage; the other passengers look at him, bewildered]
Indiana Jones: [pointing out the window at Vogel] No ticket.

Sanosuke23
05-19-2008, 07:28 AM
Actually, Masali had a Boondock Saints quote (If I recall correctly) but it got deleted for some reason (profanity, I think).

Yeah, I had to pass over more memorable quotes and edit the ones I did choose.

Most of Willem Dafoe's lines, for instance.

Ugly_Ted
05-19-2008, 09:07 AM
Dags and Reggie, Senior Trip

*Reggie looks around, confused and says to Dags*

Reggie - People say that... uh... acid... does brain damage, but... *stops in the hall and stares at the ceiling of the building and looks to Dags and says nervously*

Reggie - ....what'd you say?

Dags - Hey, what class do we have now, Math?

blackrosetwilight
05-19-2008, 08:02 PM
"water sucks!!! it really really sucks" water boy

Gandizzl
05-19-2008, 08:16 PM
Det. Thorn: It's people. Soylent Green is made out of people. They're making our food out of people. Next thing they'll be breeding us like cattle for food. You've gotta tell them. You've gotta tell them!
Hatcher: I promise, Tiger. I promise. I'll tell the exchange.
Det. Thorn: You tell everybody. Listen to me, Hatcher. You've gotta tell them! Soylent Green is people! We've gotta stop them somehow!

- Soylent Green
Those lines are epic xD

But this thread lacks quotes from the most quoteable movie ever (if you've seen it)...
Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

Raoul Duke: Don't go near the elevator man, that's just what they want us to do. Trap us in a steel box, take us down to the basement. Come here. Don't run, man. They'd like any excuse to shoot us.

Cantelope
05-19-2008, 09:55 PM
Oh yeah, this one's from Pulp Fiction..."WHAT DOES MARSELLUS WALLACE LOOK LIKE?!"

Lidka
05-19-2008, 11:08 PM
"my precious"

from TLOTR =P

Gaara's True Girlfriend
05-19-2008, 11:19 PM
"why is the rum gone?!"

"I want my jar of dirt!"

"This is the day that you will ALWAYS rememb er as the day that you amost caught....Captain...Jack....Spa-" *Falls over wall*
~Captain Jack Sparrow

-"Barbosa, marry us!"
-"I'm a little busy at the moment!"
~Barbosa and Will Turner with Elizabeth Swan

rf switch
05-20-2008, 05:15 AM
Big Trouble in Little China
Jack Burton: Like I told my last wife, I said, "Honey, I never drive faster than I can see, and besides... it's all in the reflexes."

Jack Burton: Ok, you people! Sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn... call the president.

Gracie: I'd go with you but...
Jack Burton: I know, there's a problem with your face.

Jack Burton: Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, "Give me your best shot. I can take it."

Jack Burton: When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye and asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

Jack Burton: You know what ol' Jack Burton says at a time like this?
Thunder: Who?
Jack Burton: Jack Burton... ME!

Jack Burton: [Jack points to the wall] Hollow?
Wang Chi: Hollow.
Jack Burton: F it. [Jack cuts open the hollow wall with his knife]

Lo Pan: I must find a girl with green eyes and marry her, then my curse will be LIFTED!
Jack Burton:And you'll go off and rule the universe from beyond the grave...
Lo Pan: INDEED!
Jack Burton: Or check into a psycho ward, which ever comes first

naotavespaboy
05-20-2008, 05:47 AM
King Arther to the Black knight who has no arms or legs left: " Alright we'll call it a draw then" - Monty Pythons Holy Grail

romy808
05-20-2008, 08:21 PM
Most memorable lines I remember..

Die Hard:
Hans Gruber: "Do you really think you stand a chance Mr. Cowboy?"
Bruce Willis: "Yippie Kai Yay Motherf..(shut your mouth).

Commando:
Ahhnold: "I eat Green Berets for breakfast. Now I'm very hungry!"
Ahhnold: (holding Sully by the ankles over a cliff) "Remember I told you I was going to kill you last?.....I lied! (drops him over) lol

(Boarding a flight) Stewardess: "Sir? Any extra baggage on this flight?"
(points to badguy) Ahhnold: "Just him."

Eraser:
Ahhnold: (points a gun at the alligator) "You're Luggage!"

Total Recall:
Benny the taxi driver: "Girl, you make me wanna have 3 hands!!"
(Shoots wife) Ahhnold: "Consider that the divorce."
(with a drilling machine) Ahhnold: "Benny!!..Screw yyouuuuu!!"

Predator:
(setting a trap) Dillon: "So what are going to try next? Cheese."
Ahhnold: "If it bleeds, we can kill it."
(looking at Predator) Ahnnold: "You...one..ugly...motherf(shut your mouth)."

Overlord Darth Fluffles
05-20-2008, 08:31 PM
"That's crazy! The government would NEVER lie to us"

AVPR, the only good part.

Souji Seta
05-21-2008, 01:28 AM
This is mine from the movie, "300". Said by King Leonidas
"Spartans! Ready your breakfast and eat hearty, FOR TONIGHT, WE DINE IN HELL!!!"

Another would be from "Iron Man",
"The truth is...I'm Iron Man"

Fabala
05-21-2008, 02:22 AM
Atonement
"Come back to me."

As Good as it Gets
Receptionist: How do you write women so well?
Melvin Udall: I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability.

"When I first saw you, I thought you were handsome. Then, of course, you spoke."

Forrest Gump
"My Mama always said, 'Life was like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.'"

Goodfellas
"As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster"

Godfather
"I'll make him an offer he can't refuse."

Jaws
"You're gonna need a bigger boat."

E.T.
"E.T. phone home."

On the Waterfront
"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am. Let's face it......It was you, Charley."

When Harry Met Sally
" I'll have what she's having."

Silence of the Lambs
"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti."

The Shining
"Heeeere's Johnnie!"

A Few Good Men
- "You want answers?"
- "I want the truth!"
- "You can't handle the truth!"

Taxi Driver
"You talkin' to me?"

Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
"I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way."

Frankenstein
"It's alive! It's alive!"

King Kong
"It was beauty killed the beast."

The Wizard of Oz
"Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."

"Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!"

A Clockwork Orange
"I was cured, all right."

Wio
05-21-2008, 02:43 AM
"Use the force Luke. Let go Luke. Luke, trust me" - Obi-Wan.
This line like, always cracks me up when I'm nervous and remember it.

Obi: I will do what I must.
Ani: You will try.
This is the ultimate "Not on my watch" substitute. To me, it was epic.

I definitely need to get the the Star Wars Trilogies when I get kids. They're freakin' awesome.

"Then take this [he hands her a pendant], so your family will know what you have done for me. And this [he hands her the sword of Shan Yu] so the world will know what you have done for China." - Emperor
This was the best scene in Mulan.

Most of The Lion King scenes with Mufasa in them were excellent.