PDA

View Full Version : Tablet PC? Wat do u think?

Ultimate Seed
05-14-2008, 06:40 AM
Ive been thinking of getting myself a tablet to help my designing but wat do u guys think? should i just stick to my pc or maybe get a laptop? which do u think will be better and which will help more....

PS. I mostly only use Photoshop cs3, Poser, Anime & Manga studio, Maya 7 so i need the best system for those.....Tnx

demonplight
05-14-2008, 10:05 AM
you need a Wacom Pad or an adesso pad. not a tablet PC.

Ultimate Seed
05-21-2008, 07:45 AM
you need a Wacom Pad or an adesso pad. not a tablet PC.

Ah ok i thought tablet would help quite alot

wizz-o-matic
05-21-2008, 09:09 AM
Get a normal tablet, you don't need a tablet pc. And a Wacom graphire would be just enough for you.

Dxon
05-21-2008, 09:32 AM
I want a Bamboo Fun. 15" or 17". Either one is fine. ^_^

I would love a tablet! :D

Capernicus
05-21-2008, 10:20 AM
I have a tablet, so I can really tell you that they're great mostly for if you plan on taking class notes on them. However, as far as image editing...well I don't even switch my laptop to tablet mode when working in CS3. So, take the advice of the others , get a Wacom pad.

Unless of course if you are planning on getting a new computer in the near future, and you may want to try the tablet anyway. They're entertaining and never cease to amaze people.

13lack Sheri
05-21-2008, 06:45 PM
I'd get the regular tablet but if your going to get a new computer/laptop or something then i'd just get the tablet pc, save a lil money.

Sanosuke23
05-21-2008, 06:59 PM
I want one, but only because I can't take my tablet everywhere, and having used one before I personally like it a bit better. Besides that, there's no real urgent need, and realistically it would be more of a vanity piece.

International 4-8818
05-21-2008, 07:07 PM
Get a pad. Cheaper then buying a whole new computer. Tablets i find just annoying. My school bought a whole bunch of them and the only time i use the tablet thing is to draw funny stuff onto people's faces.

Kaitou Ace
05-21-2008, 10:52 PM
For me a tablet is better than using a wacom O_o; but the tablet pc I have uses wacom tech for the pen, so it supports pressure in photoshop.

Ultimate Seed
05-22-2008, 05:09 PM
Ah from the posts so far it seems like i should get a Wacom pad....ive never used anything other than a mouse on my pc before so i cant really argue with any of u ^^ so for now ill look into the Wacom pad and c if its usefull or not.