PDA

View Full Version : FF Series or The DMC series

ShikaXDeath
05-11-2008, 10:45 AM
Hey, I really love both of these series but I just thought i would make this thread for fun. Personally i think i would go for the DMC Series just because i started playing it first otherwise it would be a draw for me, What do you think.

Ultimate Seed
05-11-2008, 10:47 AM
I would say the FF series....haha also cause i started playing it first i guess

Dryaxx
05-11-2008, 10:51 AM
you can't compete these series :S

FF is an rpg game and DMC is just fighting..

it's like saying

Water versus Dancing

Mow_Uchiha2008
05-11-2008, 11:01 AM
"Once Final Fantasy
Ever Final Fantasy."

Man, Final Fantasy is the best game of history and I vote in FFseries. Long life to Final Fantasy!!!

ShikaXDeath
05-11-2008, 11:07 AM
Umm i am asking which one do you like better, not which one is better.

Tifa*Lockheart
05-11-2008, 11:16 AM
Hehe I like final fantasy
(FF lover) :) FF is the best!

ShikaXDeath
05-11-2008, 11:22 AM
Well this is a really biased thread aint it? XD

Ultimate Seed
05-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Well this is a really biased thread aint it? XD

haha maybe...im a FF fan but even if u r a DMC fan u must still be able to recognize how awsome FF is i mean just look at the number of games and movies they've brought out

ShikaXDeath
05-11-2008, 11:40 AM
Of course i freaking love ff, in fact the last game i played was ffx. Its just that dmc was one of the first games i ever played and loved, I only started playing ff about 1 year ago.

Ultimate Seed
05-11-2008, 11:42 AM
ah well then ^^ i do admit that the fighting and the type of physics in DMC is really amazing and not a bad story line eather

Kojack
05-11-2008, 11:47 AM
I think that if a new Final Fantasy and a new Devil May Cry came out at the same time and I only had money for one, I'd get Final Fantasy. That's not to say I dislike Devil May Cry, because I like it, but I'd prefer to have a Final Fantasy.

Sagat
05-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Even if they were along the same lines of video genres, I would still pick FF.
Final Fantasy has legendary characters, bosses, music, plots and stories that resonate with you. DMC doesn't even come close.

ShikaXDeath
05-11-2008, 11:54 AM
It doesn't wait wtf it doesn't? Boy was i wrong...

ValentineWolf
05-11-2008, 10:03 PM
Ooooh, tough choice honestly. I'm a fan of both games. Sure one is rpg whereas the other is fighting yet both are unique. Though DMC does hurt the hand if you buttonmash like crazy or take out a boss just with firing your pistols.

Most DMC can be completed in 8-10 hours. FF takes over 20. The length of a game doesn't matter to me, personally.

Overall, I'm still torn between the two.

Amarhyllis
05-11-2008, 11:10 PM
FF for me. It was my first video game love and I'm not into the whole 'action RPG' thing...I was forced into it for Crisis Core...still a good game though...
DMC's all right, but it's not for me. ^^

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-11-2008, 11:46 PM
Even if they were along the same lines of video genres, I would still pick FF.
Final Fantasy has legendary characters, bosses, music, plots and stories that resonate with you. DMC doesn't even come close.

To be fair, if we eliminate the first 6-7 Final Fantasies (e.g. the ones contemporary FF fans never bother with), it gets a hell of a lot closer.

Sagat
05-12-2008, 12:17 AM
True .. but DMC will never have a Clouds or Sabins or Cecil and Kains .. And as for bad guys .. c'mon ... Golbez, Sephiroth, Kefka .. and even the minor bosses! The Four Elemental Fiends were sweet!

Shido
05-12-2008, 01:27 AM
while DMC is a good series it's not a GREAT series it's not a SYSTEM SELLER . It really hasn't made a huge dent in vg history lol .

FF series has left a dent in vg history , specially in its genre the rpg history . FF series IS a system seller . People will buy a ps3 Just to play ff13 . Then you can't forget that FF series has also gone handheld and gotten remakes and side games like FF crystal chronicles and spinoffs like chocobo dungeon , Chocobo racing , eh more chcobo games XD and then cameos in their other games like KH , Ergheiz , tactics etc etc .

to answer the original question I prefer FF series :P case you couldn't tell .