PDA

View Full Version : Iron Man

Sanosuke23
05-05-2008, 07:27 AM
So, who else has seen this movie? What did you think of it?

Personally I found it to be wholly entertaining. Robert Downey, Jr. played Tony Stark like a totally obnoxious, charismatic millionaire with an affinity for the drink and the women which is wonderfully accurate. The combo of cgi and animatronics is much better than pure cgi, and I chuckled at Stan Lee's cameo in this one.

As for the scene that plays after the credits, I'm quite interested in how that'll pan out.

Kagemaru-San
05-05-2008, 07:38 AM
I couldn't believe they cast Robert Downey Jr. as a super-hero...
but now that you say obnoxious super-hero..everything falls into place...
Most importantly, if the movies succeeds, this will encourage Marvel Studios to really begin producing more super-hero movies...which will be great :)

starchaser
05-05-2008, 07:42 AM
I couldn't believe they cast Robert Downey Jr. as a super-hero...
but now that you say obnoxious super-hero..everything falls into place...
Most importantly, if the movies succeeds, this will encourage Marvel Studios to really begin producing more super-hero movies...which will be great :)

Yeah i thought the casting was a bit off on that one, but perhaps I'll go watch it this week.

I hope that Marvel makes more films, provided they are good. It'd make my Marvel obsessed flatmate highly chuffed.

Dogmat
05-05-2008, 08:59 AM
Robert Downy Jr. was absolutely perfect for the role! This was one of the best comic book movies I've seen in a long time! Also it broke 100 million in the US box office. I was predicting around 85 million.

Amray
05-05-2008, 09:24 AM
I gave up on Marvel films. The only one that I still really enjoy watching up to this day is "The Punisher". It is different from all the rest and much more realistic in the sense of the awesome story. I doubt I will even watch "Iron Man"

Sorry, but super heroes are not my thing. Anti-Heroes on the other hand are great.

Masali
05-05-2008, 11:20 AM
I gave up on Marvel films. The only one that I still really enjoy watching up to this day is "The Punisher". It is different from all the rest and much more realistic in the sense of the awesome story. I doubt I will even watch "Iron Man"

Sorry, but super heroes are not my thing. Anti-Heroes on the other hand are great.

Well, sir, you are then missing out on an amazingly well made and entertaining action movie.

My thoughts on Iron Man? Amazing. I loved it, RDJ played Tony Stark expertly. It was spot on, obnoxious, smarmy, jerk who you can't help but love haha.

Jeff Bridges role was great, but it was hard taking him seriously cause I kept thinking of him as The Big Labowski.

serasvct
05-05-2008, 12:21 PM
I really enjoyed it, mostly because of RDJ. Plus, the ending was great.....

Axllow
05-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Stark should have made his Proton Cannon! from MvC2 T_T he would have owned so much.

Tsuna Kadiri
05-05-2008, 02:01 PM
I thought it was very good. Well explained and not too difficult to follow along, which I think is especially important in comic based movies.

And Robert Downey Jr. was very cool. He fit the role perfectly.

blueangel06661
05-05-2008, 02:07 PM
I saw it yesterday. I have to say that movie nearly put me to sleep. About 2/3rds of the movie there was nothing going on.

Favorite part = The Previews froze and the theater was dead silent. I busted out laughing.

Sorry but it wasn't that great. I was some more Iron man action rather than desert action. >.> I might go see the second one.

Hideki Motosuwa.
05-05-2008, 03:54 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but I did see previews for it and my friend recommended it to me. I will probably see it when it comes out on DVD. I always do enjoy super hero movies. :)

sa5m
05-05-2008, 04:53 PM
I was planning on not watching it, but after so many good reviews, I might reconsider. : P

The Wing Man
05-05-2008, 10:40 PM
It was pretty good and very well done intro story, but I still wanna see the dark knight more then anything else this year.

RussianBoy
05-05-2008, 11:13 PM
I think it's very good film from Marvel. I don't like all films from it, but "Iron man" is really intresting movie.

Masali
05-06-2008, 12:27 PM
I saw it yesterday. I have to say that movie nearly put me to sleep. About 2/3rds of the movie there was nothing going on.

Favorite part = The Previews froze and the theater was dead silent. I busted out laughing.

Sorry but it wasn't that great. I was some more Iron man action rather than desert action. >.> I might go see the second one.

Oy, you people obviously aren't looking at it the right way.

Iron Man has ALOT of Backstory, if they didn't explain anything and just had Iron Man kicking butt for 2 hours you'd be all "OHMIGAWD LIEK DER WUZ NO PLAHT!!!11one" But I see I can't win, because when they DO try to keep everyone posted so everyone's not scratching their heads it's all "OMIGAWD, THERE WAS TOO MUCH BACKSTORY! I ENJOY BEING COMPLETELY OBLIVIOUS TO PLOT AND NOT KNOWING WHAT IS HAPPENING!"

*facepalm.jpg*

Sanosuke23
05-06-2008, 01:28 PM
@Masali: Nah, blueangel was just either a) trolling or b) asleep during the multiple explosions/flamethrowerings/shooting in the desert.

I mean really, the only lull in the violence during the desert scenes was a moral dilemma Tony was having when he saw his weapons in terrorist hands, which he rectified by building a suit of armor from spare parts and rockets and blowing all of it up.

Lola Granola
05-06-2008, 02:40 PM
I usually don't enjoy super hero based flicks, but this one I really, really liked. Maybe it was because of the international humanitarian part. Either way, Iron Man/Robert Downey Jr. is the hot.

Iron Man probably isn't the most well loved super hero either, by I highly recommend this film. And stay after the credits for a cool 5 second scene.