PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of this Anime?

Cytrode
04-30-2008, 08:49 PM
So a few months back I'm going through different sites streaming anime, looking for things I might like. One thing struck me as very interesting, but only the first episode had subtitles.

Anyway, the Main Character is a highschool student who uses a mysterious power to perform small "Magic" shows of bending spoons and other moving other metal objects. He gets into a fight with a school bully who controls a snake-like spirit that cuts anything instantly, which he directs using a box cutter.

One notable scene is where the main character watches as the bully uses his power to cut off the nose of a Yakuza thug and then kills him.

The main character is saved by a young looking girl who has a similar spirit that she uses as a shield.

In the final scene the bully uses his power to kill a bunch of innocent bystanders, and it is then revealed that the main character has one of these spirits as well, a cute blob that bounces around him which merges with his arm allowing him to snatch the snake-like spirit right out of the air and destroy it.

If it's a bit vague or no one knows which one this is, no problem, I'll live :P

Dark Wolf 09
04-30-2008, 08:53 PM
Yu-Yu-Hakisho? When I think of spirit's I usually come to think of that. Because of the "Spirit Gun". xD

Hautalken
05-01-2008, 01:01 AM
It can't be Yu Yu Hakusho. I've seen the starting bit and Yusuke saves a little kid from a speeding car and gets killed instead. Yes, he does break off the bully's nose and there is the other blue-haired girl who helps him out.

But the series Cytrode specified here doesn't seem like Yu Yu Hakusho...

Lyssander
05-02-2008, 03:38 AM
pretty interesting but I cant think of any animes I know that matches your description although I thought at first that it might be ghost hunt

Cytrode
05-05-2008, 06:16 PM
In case anyone was interested in the Anime, I found it after much searching of my own and with the help of a friend of mine.

Ayakashi
After watching the first 9 episodes, I'm really liking it. You can find the episodes subbed on Megavideo.

Mai!
05-10-2008, 07:02 PM
This looks interesting, anyone definatly know what it is?
Um, how on earth could it be ghost hunt? It sounds very different.
Wait, are you a fan as well?
I'm guessing you had it on your mind before you read this.
I love that show!

Type01
05-31-2008, 02:54 AM
I've never heard of it but it sound interesting though do you know its name?

TeresaFaintSmile
06-17-2008, 02:40 AM
Is it ROD or God Save This Earth?