PDA

View Full Version : Help needed to find a name of cartoon

shlobadov
04-28-2008, 06:53 AM
So after about 4 hours of searching and guessing I've had enough. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to remember a name of an anime (which I saw in the early 90s).

Now I don't remember anything apart from the fact that it had a guy and a girl in it. The guy had special abilities - he could turn into a giant red and white man (i don't think it was a robot) and fight the evil(?). Now, the girl didn't know that and because he disappeared (in fact turned into this red and white thing with muscles) every time there was a hint of danger, she'd get really cross with him.

So any clues guys?
x

Datenshi
04-28-2008, 07:47 AM
Weirdly, that just about perfectly fits with the description of Ultraman. The only problem is, it's not an anime.

Sanosuke23
04-28-2008, 09:02 AM
Didn't they do an Ultraman anime? I vaguely remember seeing something like that.

Either way, that's the description of like a billion shows. For all we know it could be a Guyver series.

Datenshi
04-28-2008, 09:08 AM
Hmm, I remember reading the manga of Ultraman Seven, so it's quite possible there's an anime.

One second thought, I do remember an anime series I watched as a child, but I don't recall there being a heroine in it.

Honestly, though, a guy who transforms into a red and white giant fighting evil... I can't think of anything else.

nosfarartu
04-28-2008, 10:49 AM
try this site retrojunk.com its got like a list of every programme out in the 90's well i think its every programme it mite be on there

shlobadov
04-28-2008, 02:20 PM
Hmm - from what I can tell, Ultraman is a live actionish series (and it's cartoon version is along the lines of Pokemon) so I think it rules that out...

Guyver on the other hand seems closer to the truth, but isn't it....

but I don't recall there being a heroine in it. Now, the lady in question isn't a heroine as such, she's just a love interest I think.

The only episode/story I remember is them going to a different planet with a deserted research lab/greenhouse where something has gone wrong. It was a deserty planet with this lab-oasis-type thing. A bit like the bit in Space Quest 5(i think) PC game when you have to dodge the spitting mutant.

Also the main chap didn't turn into a robot, he just became much larger and wore a super heroesques outfit (i.e. tight fitting lycra etc.) in red and white...

But thatnks for the help so far.
x

P.S. Ultraman Seven seems very familiar... Maybe it's that? I can't find much info on it tho - I mostly get live action crap..

P.P.S Thanks guys, I think I found it - it's Ultraman Joe or Ultraman Jonias. It's an animated version of UMan...
x