PDA

View Full Version : [wallpapers] Wall this! I dare you!

MistressPookyChan
04-25-2008, 09:57 AM
Welcome to a new contest! It's been awhile, eh? Well, I hope you haven't been too bored. To get back into the swing of things, we'll start off with something easy.

Your challenge, if you choose to accept it: Make a wallpaper incorporating the image included in this post.

I don't care how you use it or what you do to it, but I must be able to see it clearly in the wall. You may use part of the image if you like. And yes, the image is weird. That's the point!!

------------------
goal: you must use the image I give you!
wallpaper size: be reasonable in your kb size
dimensions: at least 1024x768, larger and widescreens are welcomed
Other requirments: please sign your wall and add "animewallpapers.com" on it.
Deadline: May 4th midnight (TOKYO time)
------------------
Please post your wall in this thread when it is completed. If you change your wall, please edit your original post. Only one wall per person will be accepted. No collabs please; do the walling yourself! Please keep spam in here to a minimum, but feel free to ask questions and encourage everyone!

happy walling! <3

Famahama
04-25-2008, 10:12 AM
Vectoring that is allowed?

MistressPookyChan
04-25-2008, 10:17 AM
Of course! As I said, you can do whatever you like to the image.

Thornwillow
04-25-2008, 07:00 PM
Pooky! When is Midnight Tokyo Time? >> I have no idea, but I think I'm going to attempt this. I suddenly looked at it and was like ... "Oh! I can do something fun with this!" Or so I hope. xD

Maybe you'll see something from me, but I'm WAY rusty and so many new blood and awesome designers here now. But I will try!

momoshiro
04-25-2008, 08:25 PM
yay! moyashimon.... XDD
do we have to use all those critters in the wallpaper? or only just the two main chars will do?

MistressPookyChan
04-25-2008, 09:05 PM
Thorny: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

momo: As I said, you can do whatever you want with the image. Don't need to use the whole image if you don't want to.

Famahama
04-26-2008, 10:43 AM
checked ( i dont think i have enough time to do it soon, so...yeah)

(will change if i find that extra time =D)

Good luck to the rest of the participants!

Hautalken
04-27-2008, 08:25 AM
Do you have to use every single bit of that image? I don't know if I can fit everything in...

MistressPookyChan
04-27-2008, 09:57 PM
Read the rules again, please. I said that you can use the image however you like. All or some, as is or cut up, it doesn't matter. However you do it, you must use the image somehow.

unli- great job!

Dark Wolf 09
04-28-2008, 05:43 PM
Konnichiwa Pooki-Chan ^^; Uhm...The picture..What about the contents inside them? Can I extract just the ones in the background too as well than just the two odd images (Meaning the odd robot, and some guy standing?). Thanks =) OH! Never mind I just referenced the whole question sorry, you can delete this message. Momoshiro said it before me, sorry for the mis-intreptation.

Dark Wolf 09
04-28-2008, 09:11 PM
Good luck to the contestents!

MistressPookyChan
04-29-2008, 08:13 AM
Capt Fox: no prob! I understand how it might be confusing for people who have never participated in this type of contest before. :) Thanks for submitting your entry!

Hautalken
04-30-2008, 08:59 AM
Here's my entry. it's partially edited in GIMP and Lots ore in photoshop. I haven't had photoshop for a while and now that I have the tryout version without any of my old plug-ins and other brushes,this is the best i could do. it's pretty raw anyway. God luck to everyone else ^^

LittleMomo
04-30-2008, 09:26 AM
How challenging, I'll accept your challenge MistressPookyChan! >3

Ωmega
04-30-2008, 09:32 AM
My entry "The Azumanga Rip-Off" xD!
This was fun to do and pretty easy to vector. BTW, where are these characters from?

Anyway, good luck everyone!

UrusaiSevera
04-30-2008, 12:49 PM
It's from the anime (and manga) Moyashimon.

And question..
In the anime the characters (microbes) are in 3D in the intro... can I vector the given source into 3D-ish images?

MistressPookyChan
05-01-2008, 04:49 AM
As I said many MANY times already, you can modify the image however you like. but you must use that original image. For example, you cannot use another image of the characters instead of the image I gave you.

momoshiro
05-03-2008, 07:13 AM
This is my entry for the wallpaper contest. I call it--"variety is the spice of life!"

What I did was put everyone in a ramen bowl and have them boil! bwahahaha! I've also placed other ingredients on the table to add contrast and color to the piece.. The tablecloth with the swirls was something stuck in my head for a long time, I guess I finally found some use for it.. ^^

For this wall, I've placed my name just below the www.animewallpaper.com (http://www.animewallpaper.com) text. I put in "mgcarpizo" which is actually my initials with my lastname..

I used photoshop 7 for the job and named the each character (it kinda gets confusing with their number). Mallow (the violet guy) and Bilog are the ones outside the bowl. As for those inside the bowl, I've named them Microbe, Gray Taco, Meatball, 3face, Upo and Poring.. hahah! Can you guess who's who? That sure made me laugh when I was getting them all crammed up together.. XDD

It was really fun doing this challenge. Good luck to everyone..^^. =D

Edit: I've updated the attachment.. with the reduced text size and by placing aw.com and mgcarpizo at the bottom, I think it looks a lot better... ^^

MistressPookyChan
05-04-2008, 05:38 AM
looking good, everyone!

momo: Most people put their signature and "aw.com" on the bottom of the page. That's because the taskbar in Windows usually covers it. It also doesn't stand out as much. :)

Keep them coming!!

LittleMomo
05-04-2008, 12:21 PM
Keep them coming? well you got it xD by the way this is my first time doing this.

MistressPookyChan
05-05-2008, 05:31 AM
first timers are always welcomed! :D

MistressPookyChan
05-06-2008, 08:32 PM
I'll extend it one more day: 24 hours from now walls are due!!

May 8th @ 10am Tokyo time.

clowangel
05-08-2008, 08:12 PM
Oh dang! I come back after a while of being absent, and there's a wallpaper contest now? -_-; Well, too late for me I guess. Interesting image to use and cool wallpaper submissions so far.

Sooo..Pooky, when's the next contest?

mikadzuki
05-11-2008, 10:13 AM
Lots of interesting and well-made walls. Good luck to the contestants. ^^

MistressPookyChan: When will the voting start? And when will the winners be announced? ^^

MistressPookyChan
05-11-2008, 08:25 PM
I'll get the voting up tomorrow, and it will be only for a few days. Next contest can start quickly, if people are interested.