PDA

View Full Version : Rumors about you or someone else

Hideki Motosuwa.
04-16-2008, 03:57 PM
Since the original rumors thread was closed, then I'll make a new one.
So, have you ever had rumors spread about you in school, at work, etc?? Or have you ever heard rumors spread about someone else?? What was your reaction and what did you do about it?? What where they about?? And where there any GOOD rumors about you?? Are you a starter or victim?? Tell your story if you want.

I had this recent rumor about me that I like this girl(which I don't) and I have nothing to do with her...I don't even know her for that matter!! And another rumor was last year, and the rumor was spread by some idiots saying that(not gonna say the real word) "I did something in the bathroom," which I didn't. Rumors hurt, and people should know that.

Chaos Proxy
04-16-2008, 04:03 PM
Nope.

I havent heard any rumours about myself nor I spread them around myself.
Though I don't understand what's the big deal about? Why should you as a individual care what somebody else thinks about you? :/

Ramona Flowers
04-16-2008, 04:04 PM
Yeah, in highschool there were alot of girls that didn't like me cause the guys they liked would try to have sex with me or flirt hardcore, and it'd always leads t STD types of rumors. 0_o Ironicly enough, one of the girls that said such things got herpes and pregnant. But surprisingly enough many girls have apologized to me for acting like such female dogs.

Oh, when my head was shaved bald there were rumors I had cancer.

And lots of lesbian rumors. <_< those are always fun.

-Kitsune-
04-16-2008, 04:35 PM
Actually, no. I try to stay on most people's good sides at school so nobody has ever seen the need to start rumors about me =/

The only ones I can remember are based on misunderstandings. For instance, I hang out with my best friend ALL the time at school and we exchange friendly hugs between classes (As does everyone else in this school, they just found it strange because we weren't preps) so rumors spread around for a little while that I was bi/ a lesbian. Of course, thats completely untrue, but I really couldn't care less what they thought of me so I just let it go. Once they saw that it didnt bother me as much as they hoped the rumor died out and I havent heard any since then.

My advice if you have a rumor being spread about you is to politely deny it if someone asks about it (By "politely" I mean that you should not say "OH MY GOD NO I DONT!!! SHUT UP, YOU LIARS!" Thats just gonna look like major denial.) and act like it doesnt bother you. Rumors are spread to make the person they're about mad. If it fails, people stop caring about it and stop spreading the rumor.

Baka
04-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Rumors are drama. I try to stay out of drama. So if there are any rumors about me, I don't know of them. Maybe for fun we could make a rumor and see how far we can take it. LOL JK

sa5m
04-16-2008, 04:57 PM
I'm a frequent victim of rumors. -_- Mostly about boys since I AM a high school girl and all. Unfortunately everything has to do with guys at this age.
= P
Otherwise I can't think of what other rumors about me could be about...

Moneytalk
04-16-2008, 06:02 PM
Sometimes. Apparently, I've done some not so great things at parties which I don't remember. ><

yilin
04-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Rumors about me at school is I like the boy which I dont.... we're the same Miss Chii... argh!! I'm so mad at my friends yesterday because everytime I done something they will tell his name and teasing me!! argh!!! hahaha.... he's our new classmate and I'm the first one who met him...^^

Future_Defense
04-16-2008, 07:18 PM
So far as I know, there are no rumors about me. I hope, at least. The only thing I really hear about is people doing those "If he fought him" scenarios.

Eikoseisui
04-16-2008, 07:45 PM
The last time I had a rumor spread about me was back in 7th grade. During the time, my friend Stephanie was pretty much the only friend I had for a while, and because of that, people thought I was a lesbian. =\

Lola Granola
04-16-2008, 07:50 PM
I heard Regex has a man crush.

Nariko
04-16-2008, 08:09 PM
Last year, someone started a rumor that I place fetuses in blenders. I swear, I LOL'd all year.

Atara Inferno
04-17-2008, 02:29 AM
There's been a rumour about me at my school, just about a year ago, that I date both male and female.
It wasn't so big so I laughed so much 'cause I didn't see why it should be spread around, atleast I'm kinda glad that some people found out about the real me.

Capernicus
04-17-2008, 02:37 AM
Rumor has it that the bathroom in the Staff Forum has a golden toilet. <_____<

███
04-17-2008, 07:39 AM
The day we stop being humans is the day people stop spreading rumours.

Fabala
04-17-2008, 08:13 AM
Rumor has it that the bathroom in the Staff Forum has a golden toilet. <_____<
And the seat is encrusted with diamonds. Funny thing, it never seems to get dirty XD

Tenchu1973
04-17-2008, 03:43 PM
there was a rumor about me...they were asking me question about are you the father of my ex-gfs kid.....i was this close to say "hell no, even if i was, i would tell her to kill the child"-sigh- i hate it when people spread rumors about me....makes me feel....-starts to cry-

blueangel06661
04-17-2008, 03:52 PM
Yeah. I had one last year. Well it's not really a rumer persay. But clearly drama

I was being called a stalker because I hung around this kid I liked all the time.. I guess that people couldn't get it through their heads that we were friends.. And have been ever since they moved here.

All this happened like on the last week of school last year. They moved a week after school ended. And guess what. I'm still his friend, and the people that started that mess [they really didn't like me because they liked him as well] he doesn't talk to them anymore :P

~*Red*~
04-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Well, someone started a rumour a while ago that I was dating one of my best friends. So not true, but they were gulliable, so I'd told them that the rumour was true, and they believed me.

shadow slayer x
04-17-2008, 04:52 PM
There was once a rumor that this school jockey started in my high school, this was a year ago when I was a Junior. This punk made a rumor of me that I was a "Japanese loving crack addict", I didn't want to harm the guy much 'cause I was mad...

I found out who it was and we talked liked men...meaning I broke two of his teeth and broke his nose...

I don't care about rumors that people make about me, but when they do it in a racial or any very offensive way...I will take action.