PDA

View Full Version : What option do you want to win?

Eris
04-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Soviet-cat demands to know what option you want to win.

Khanxay
04-10-2008, 12:45 PM
I'd like to say both, but that's not an option is it?

And shouldn't it be:

The 2nd Option
The 1st Option

Otherwise, I'd just say "Option 2" and "Option 1" are just names of something.

Eris
04-10-2008, 12:45 PM
I'd like to say both, but that's not an option is it?

And shouldn't it be:

The 2nd Option
The 1st Option

Otherwise, I'd just say "Option 2" and "Option 1" are just names of something.

Option n is the n:th opinion.

Khanxay
04-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Drat. Oh well. I voted against you then. =]

Eris
04-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Drat. Oh well. I voted against you then. =]

No you didn't. You voted in my favor. I want option 1 to win. You have to keep separated what you vote for and what you want to win.

Antares
04-10-2008, 12:51 PM
I want option 2 to win.

Khanxay
04-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Okay. Now the wordplay is hurting my head. How about... nevermind. I've got nothing.

Eris
04-10-2008, 12:56 PM
Okay. Now the wordplay is hurting my head. How about... nevermind. I've got nothing.

You voted for option 1, stating that you wanted option 2 to win. I voted for option 2, stating that I wanted option 1 to win. Therefore, I want people to vote for option 1 -- since that furthers my cause.

Jose
04-10-2008, 01:03 PM
*pokes head to see what I missed during my vacation*

I see Eris is going to fund her "death-ray" with option 1 and her "moon base" with option 2

It is so obvious

So I guess I'll go with Option X to stick it to Eris >.<

Dxon
04-10-2008, 01:26 PM
No you didn't. You voted in my favor. I want option 1 to win. You have to keep separated what you vote for and what you want to win.

I voted option 2. :P

Antares
04-10-2008, 01:34 PM
You what Eris? Right now we're in political campaign, the elections are in May. You could be great confusing the voters to choose one of one of the crooks candidates that are running for the Presidential post.

Hideki Motosuwa.
04-10-2008, 01:37 PM
I'll go with option 1.

blueangel06661
04-10-2008, 01:40 PM
Option 2 was what I choose. It's winning

Eris
04-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Option 2 was what I choose. It's winning

Huh? You chose option 1, stating that you wanted option 2 to win.

Mow_Uchiha2008
04-10-2008, 01:52 PM
hm..... let's see....... eh...... ready. option 1.

TarBall
04-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Well I chose the 1st option but the 1st option was the second option...@_@

None of the above
04-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Option 3 is the real winner!

Eris
04-10-2008, 02:02 PM
Option 3 is the real winner!

Seeing as how option 3 is not voting, and some 140,000 registered users have yet to vote in this poll, I'm inclined to agree.

~*Red*~
04-10-2008, 02:12 PM
I voted for Option 2.

Eris
04-10-2008, 02:14 PM
I voted for Option 2.

No, you voted for option 1.

Buruku
04-10-2008, 02:32 PM
2 is the superior number, therefore I want option 2 to win....so would I then vote for option 1?

Amray
04-10-2008, 02:35 PM
So is this supposed to be funny or something? I'm still waiting for a punch-line.

Aizmov
04-10-2008, 02:39 PM
You should of put 'None of the above' that is always my favorite option. I really wanted 'None of the above' to win.

Baka
04-10-2008, 02:45 PM
Let me see if I got this. I want option 1 to win so I voted for option 2 because I have to keep who I vote for and who I want to win separate.

wizz-o-matic
04-10-2008, 02:53 PM
o...k... option 2 gets my vote ^_^;;

KuroTan
04-10-2008, 06:26 PM
I choose option 2 because I want option 1 to win for some reason. Took me a while to get that the options were reversed.^^' (blame my preconditioned mindset)

cyborgmonkey22
04-10-2008, 07:10 PM
O.o this is hurting my head lol i vote for option 2 just because i want to get this over with so my head will stop hurting.

Momokachan
04-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Ohh, clever clever.
I see what this poll is supposed to do, kind of.

It's like a riddle, in a sense. Saying you want Option 1 to win means you have to vote for Option 2, and vice-versa. It clearly is some sort of psychological brain-probe.

So Eris, was this some sort of test to see if anyone would catch on?

Kawairashii hikari
04-10-2008, 07:35 PM
I've caught on to what we're supposed to do...
Since you have to keep seperate who you vote for and who you want to in I'll say this...
"I'm voting for Option 1, although I want Option 2 to win..."

Something along those freakin' lines...! lol.
Eris you really make people think harder than they should have to on some things. -__-'

Midnight Rambler
04-10-2008, 07:38 PM
I want the first option to win, so naturally I voted for option 2.

cyborgmonkey22
04-10-2008, 07:39 PM
damn! i fell for it! :banghead::banghead::banghead: you win this time! but you'll rue the day you crossed me! ok..maybe not..and it was funny lol well kudos to you for making such a confusing yet interesting thread.

KuroTan
04-10-2008, 08:48 PM
I've caught on to what we're supposed to do...
Since you have to keep seperate who you vote for and who you want to in I'll say this...
"I'm voting for Option 1, although I want Option 2 to win..."

Something along those freakin' lines...! lol.
Eris you really make people think harder than they should have to on some things. -__-'

Er... I think it was more that clicking Option 1 (the first option on the poll) would have been a vote for Option 2, and vice versa.^^'

Legend Saber
04-10-2008, 09:23 PM
I voted for Option 2.

Which is to say, the option which appears numerically first if the Options were numbered from top to bottom.

cyborgmonkey22
04-10-2008, 09:33 PM
:banghead: gah!!! this makes my brain hurt! so by voting for option 2 you're really voting for option 1. however option 2 is the 1st option that you're able to vote for thus tricking you into thinking you voted for option 1 when really you voted for option 2 :banghead: my brain is melting!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Wio
04-10-2008, 10:46 PM
I think there's a problem in this forum with people who take Eris' posts/threads too seriously.

I voted for Option 1, but it's losing it seems.

███
04-11-2008, 12:52 AM
I choose option one.

Because most people would go for option two, it's only natural not too choose the first one. But then again why is option two before option one?

It's all a little suspicious to me, I still stick to option one.

Eris
04-11-2008, 06:05 AM
I think there's a problem in this forum with people who take Eris' posts/threads too seriously.

The thing is, I take my lack of seriosity very seriously. So, people need to understand that just because I'm not serious doesn't mean I'm not being serious.

Dxon
04-11-2008, 07:47 AM
It's and endless circle and don't think to much about it.

I voted for the top option. ;)

Baka
04-11-2008, 02:23 PM
The thing is, I take my lack of seriosity very seriously. So, people need to understand that just because I'm not serious doesn't mean I'm not being serious.
Am I crazy because I think I understand this??? Being serious about not being serious. It's like succeeding at failure.

Amarhyllis
04-11-2008, 04:59 PM
I dunno... this is tough... Um... I guess I'll do Option 1. (I'll probably regret it around midnight hahaha)

serasvct
04-11-2008, 05:08 PM
I choose the underdog option.

Eris
04-11-2008, 05:11 PM
Am I crazy because I think I understand this??? Being serious about not being serious. It's like succeeding at failure.

What I'm saying is that there is a system to my insanity. All my lies are at the core truth, only cleverly disguised as jokes and mindless banter.

Aizmov
04-11-2008, 05:11 PM
The option I voted for isn't winning, what a shame. It does proof that when given a choice with no background about neither of them, most people will go for the 1st.

Baka
04-11-2008, 05:37 PM
The option I voted for isn't winning, what a shame. It does proof that when given a choice with no background about neither of them, most people will go for the 1st.
If I'm understanding this correctly, the one you voted for isn't the one you want to win so you should be happy.

Aizmov
04-11-2008, 05:40 PM
If I'm understanding this correctly, the one you voted for isn't the one you want to win so you should be happy.

I voted for Option 1 and Option 2 is winning..

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :banghead:

Baka
04-11-2008, 05:46 PM
By voting for option 1 you want option 2 to win.

Sanosuke23
04-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Thread of the Year contender right here, by the way.

I'll not spoil it for others, but I voted for Option 2 in order to further cement my inevitable victoly.

Perpetual Specter
04-11-2008, 10:19 PM
So, I guess I picked Option 1 in the poll itself, since I want Option 2 to win? Also, fewer people seemed to have voted Option 1 in the poll itself. And because 2 > 1, which is why I want Option 2 to win. ... I hope I got this right. o.o

Sanosuke23
04-12-2008, 03:28 AM
So, I guess I picked Option 1 in the poll itself, since I want Option 2 to win? Also, fewer people seemed to have voted Option 1 in the poll itself. And because 2 > 1, which is why I want Option 2 to win. ... I hope I got this right. o.o

You didn't.

Look, this is how it works: By voting FOR Option 2, you are voting AGAINST it because then Option 1 gets more votes. For example, I would like Option 1 to win. So, I voted Option 2, which is in the Option 1 slot. This gives Option 1 more votes, so Option 1 will win.

poison.ivy
04-12-2008, 03:56 AM
Well, it seems that I voted for Option 1 since I voted for Option 2 x] Nice one, Eris! =)
Much better than that burning free money thing, imo

Famahama
04-12-2008, 04:19 AM
Voted the option below the above option.

My mind is straightforward, I voted it because I wanted the one I chose to win.

The Governator
04-12-2008, 05:01 AM
I vote for option 1, because the goverment told me to vote for "option 2"

KiriKat
04-12-2008, 11:36 AM
option 2 xD; because the first option doesn't always work out most of the time that's why there's always a Plan B...o_o?

hoshima haruna
04-12-2008, 11:43 AM
option one is just over rated...lol

Lola Granola
04-12-2008, 12:44 PM
How is this thread not closed yet compared to all the other crap that's been closed?

If a random noob posted this thread, he'd already be pwned.

Eris
04-12-2008, 12:50 PM
How is this thread not closed yet compared to all the other crap that's been closed?

If a random noob posted this thread, he'd already be pwned.

This isn't just a random thread. It's cleverly designed to look like a random thread, but it's got philosophical undertones, and is a clever parody of democracy. At the core of the thread is a paradox, which in it's simplest formulation reads "This statement is false." Naturally, if you just start discussing philosophy in this forum, nobody would get it, and it would quickly vanish or derail into spam (see my thread about height (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=72165) for a discouraging example). Instead, you must disguise it as spam, so that people unsuspectingly come face to face with the essence of what you want a discussion about.

Lola Granola
04-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Ah, thanks for the clarification. That is clever.

Dxon
04-12-2008, 01:27 PM
This isn't just a random thread. It's cleverly designed to look like a random thread, but it's got philosophical undertones, and is a clever parody of democracy. At the core of the thread is a paradox, which in it's simplest formulation reads "This statement is false." Naturally, if you just start discussing philosophy in this forum, nobody would get it, and it would quickly vanish or derail into spam (see my thread about height (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=72165) for a discouraging example). Instead, you must disguise it as spam, so that people unsuspectingly come face to face with the essence of what you want a discussion about.
You sir, are very clever. And I hope I will be that clever once too. :)

Midnight Rambler
04-12-2008, 02:12 PM

I love spamming your threads (:D), but a lot of times you're asking us to debate too fine a point. For example, the thread on height...I think I understand your point on a philosophical level "When does a person called short cross the line into not short, or tall". But if we had stuck 100% to your original premise, there wouldn't actually be much to discuss. It's like discussing "When does night become day?" or "What is the sound of one hand clapping?". You should give us juicier topics where everyone can weigh in with a different perspective, IMHO. Either that or enjoy the silly spamming that occurs when you give us something a little too tough.

And by the way, thanks for not flaming my reputation to zero as you claimed you would at the start of that thread. You're clearly more merciful than you let on. Quite frankly I didn't read the fine print until I was already committed.

P.S. Ask Soviet Cat if I should count Putin as the ninth leader of the Soviet Union...:p

Eris
04-12-2008, 02:43 PM
I love spamming your threads (:D), but a lot of times you're asking us to debate too fine a point. For example, the thread on height...I think I understand your point on a philosophical level "When does a person called short cross the line into not short, or tall". But if we had stuck 100% to your original premise, there wouldn't actually be much to discuss. It's like discussing "When does night become day?" or "What is the sound of one hand clapping?". You should give us juicier topics where everyone can weigh in with a different perspective, IMHO. Either that or enjoy the silly spamming that occurs when you give us something a little too tough.

The topics are as big as you make them. If you discard them as trivialities, they will be trivialities. But if you take your time to appreciate the little things, you will find they teach you a lot about the nature of the big things.