PDA

View Full Version : what was the first video game console you ever played?

cyborgmonkey22
04-09-2008, 05:09 PM
ok, this thread isn't to debate about which console is better. i just wanna know which video game console you ever played was. for me it was the snes waaayy back when my older brother 1st got me hooked on video games at the age of 5 and i've been gaming ever since. also i should note that it doesn't have to be just a home console, because i'm sure that some of you got your start on the commodore 64(i think that's how it's spelled), apple II, mac, pc etc. so if that was indeed the 1st hardware device you played games on then list that instead. also handhelds such as gameboys, gamegears, the atari lynx and any other handhelds count as well. so if you played a handheld 1st than that counts too.

Storm Strife
04-09-2008, 05:43 PM
As it counts, the Commodore 64 at around the age of 2-4.

cyborgmonkey22
04-09-2008, 05:50 PM
yeah i had a feeling i would be right about that. i'm only 17 so i've never played the commodore 64 nor do i think i ever will considering it's been out of production for at least 20 years lol

NinnaMoon
04-09-2008, 06:11 PM
Super Nintendo! Maybe, it was Atari!! No no it was defiantly SN!!

cyborgmonkey22
04-09-2008, 06:15 PM
Super Nintendo! Maybe, it was Atari!! No no it was defiantly SN!!
lol! yeah i have the same problem. i was just too afraid to admit it in my original post. in reality it was either the nes or snes that was my 1st but i was only 4 and i didn't like video games until i was 5 so that makes things more confusing lol XD

Dogmat
04-09-2008, 06:26 PM
Super Nintendo for me as well. I was hooked on Donkey Kong Country!

cyborgmonkey22
04-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Super Nintendo for me as well. I was hooked on Donkey Kong Country! omg! i used to play that game for hours! ahh, those were the good ol' days. if you haven't noticed i'm a total nostalgia freak lol i also played: yoshi's island(i loved the level where the controls were flipped backwards if you touched those fuzzy things that made it look like the game was on crack XD) and my older bro used to always pwn my butt while playing street fighter II. and of course there was ff6, ff4, super metroid, etc. i miss those days.

Storm Strife
04-09-2008, 06:43 PM
yeah i had a feeling i would be right about that. i'm only 17 so i've never played the commodore 64 nor do i think i ever will considering it's been out of production for at least 20 years lol

You can find them on eBay, and there are also emulators. You're also likely to find plenty of games to download online.

Shame it's not the same for the Amiga. They should release the damned Kickstart ROMs into the public domain already, the system isn't going to make a comeback, even if Amiga Inc. finally released the AmigaOS 4. Too late guys...we've moved on.

cyborgmonkey22
04-09-2008, 06:53 PM
You can find them on eBay, and there are also emulators. You're also likely to find plenty of games to download online.

Shame it's not the same for the Amiga. They should release the damned Kickstart ROMs into the public domain already, the system isn't going to make a comeback, even if Amiga Inc. finally released the AmigaOS 4. Too late guys...we've moved on.
oh, yeah! i completely forgot about emulators. i used those all the time. but now i'm worried that they might give my pc viruses but luckily i have McAffe so that should make things easier.

Storm Strife
04-09-2008, 06:58 PM
Er...emulators won't give you a virus if you download them direct from the official website. It's the disk images you have to be careful of. Just make sure you find yourself a decent site (for example C64.com) and you'll be fine.

cyborgmonkey22
04-09-2008, 07:01 PM
thanks that helps me out a lot. :)

Aizmov
04-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Atari 2600
If I remember correctly :)

cyborgmonkey22
04-09-2008, 07:19 PM
ah, yes the atari 2600. the 2nd video game console ever made. the 1st being the magnovox odyssey well i certainly have never played one. i've seen footage of the games for it back during the ice age XD but i've never played one myself. however i have played games made for it by playing one of those arcade machines that have games made by a huge amount of different companies. and even then i think it was only the arcade versions of those games, but whatever. it's not like i was born when everyone still had "pac-man fever" or for that matter when space invaders, asteroid, centipede, robotron 2084 etc. were released. but i have played robotron 2084 and it's pretty fun for an ancient relic lol

Tempest Valkura
04-10-2008, 04:37 AM
NES. Super Mario Bros., Who framed Roger Rabbit, Wood and Water Rage, etc. Yeah, it's been a while. I got hooked on games when I was three, by my mother and cousin. I have not played anything before the NES. (I am 19, btw.)

cyborgmonkey22
04-10-2008, 09:54 AM
yeah i love the nes. i still have one and it works great. i love me some duck hunt lol ^^

Chaos Proxy
04-10-2008, 10:16 AM
Super Nintendo Entertainment System, shortly SNES.
My first game was Secret Of Mana and soon after that Chrono Trigger .. still love these two. <3

cyborgmonkey22
04-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Super Nintendo Entertainment System, shortly SNES.
My first game was Secret Of Mana and soon after that Chrono Trigger .. still love these two. <3
those are 2 of the best 16 bit rpgs ever! i still to this day love chrono trigger and i would love a sequel or at the very least a remake and i hate myself for never playing chrono cross for the ps1. i also love secret of mana it was the 1st great true action rpg if you ask me. although the most recent games have been rather disappointing (i.e. sword of mana, children of mana) but luckily i thought legend of mana for the ps1 was very fun.

Eikoseisui
04-10-2008, 12:08 PM
I'm pretty sure I started out with SNES, but it could have been Atari. I just remember playing the SNES more because of Street Fighter II, Mortal Kombat, Goof Troop, and Donkey Kong Country.

Khanxay
04-10-2008, 12:38 PM
i also love secret of mana it was the 1st great true action rpg if you ask me. although the most recent games have been rather disappointing (i.e. sword of mana, children of mana) but luckily i thought legend of mana for the ps1 was very fun.

All the Mana games after Legend of Mana suck. Sword sucked. Children was okay but too much of a dungeon crawler. (13 floors+? WTH!) And Dawn just plain sucks and the graphics are horrible.

First played: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time on the SNES.

First owned: Tomba and X-Men Vs. Street Fighter on Playstation.

cyborgmonkey22
04-10-2008, 02:38 PM
All the Mana games after Legend of Mana suck. Sword sucked. Children was okay but too much of a dungeon crawler. (13 floors+? WTH!) And Dawn just plain sucks and the graphics are horrible.
tell me about it. although i thought that dawn had very pretty graphics but that's just my opinion and i've never actually played that one but i've heard it's lame. plus i heard that for some unknown reason that your stats are reset after each level thus making all the EXP you gain useless. what the hell is up with that!? seriously!

rf switch
04-11-2008, 04:46 PM
2600 from Atari

drm0ney
04-11-2008, 04:55 PM
yeah i love the nes. i still have one and it works great. i love me some duck hunt lol ^^
YAY duck hunting! Takes me back to fond memeries. nes was the first system i played, though i can't remember if it was mario or duck hunting that i played first...
Sense ours still works i should try playing them again, its been a while. A very LONG while.

cyborgmonkey22
04-11-2008, 05:32 PM
YAY duck hunting! Takes me back to fond memeries. nes was the first system i played, though i can't remember if it was mario or duck hunting that i played first...
Sense ours still works i should try playing them again, its been a while. A very LONG while.
it's good to hear i'm not the only who remembers/loves duck hunt. but i thought super mario bros. and duck hunt came on the same cartridge. at least that's how mine is.

Brojasu
04-11-2008, 07:58 PM
either the original gameboy or the snes, I got them both at the same time

Amarhyllis
04-11-2008, 11:46 PM
First game console I ever played was NES, oh yeah. those were the good times!
My first games, of course, Super Mario Bros. 1-3, Kid Icarus, and Legend of Zelda. Those are the only ones I remember playing when I was a wee little one.

cyborgmonkey22
04-11-2008, 11:55 PM
First game console I ever played was NES, oh yeah. those were the good times!
My first games, of course, Super Mario Bros. 1-3, Kid Icarus, and Legend of Zelda. Those are the only ones I remember playing when I was a wee little one. i love those! although i sadly never had the chance of playing kid icarus but at least the main character pit is in super smash bros. brawl. also did you know that the U.S. version of super mario bros. 2 isn't the real version? yeah, the real super mario bros. 2 wasn't released in america for the most crappy excuse of a reason ever: they thought it was "too hard" for american gamers. what the hell!? no, what we got was called doki doki panic in japan but for the u.s. release they replaced all the characters in it with mario characters and called it "super mario bros. 2" and everyone thought it wasn't as good as the original because of the "new" style of gameplay. but the real super mario bros. 2 was pretty much the same as the 1st. actually the only difference was the level design. well i'll stop ranting now ^^;

shadow slayer x
04-12-2008, 12:26 AM
First game console was Atari....whoa man those were the good days!
I tell ya right now, I actually still play some Atari games today...

Kenbo
04-12-2008, 12:52 AM
Sega Saturn

Kenbo
04-12-2008, 12:53 AM
whoops im a lil blazed right now i thought that said the orst console.
My first was atari (galaga).

cyborgmonkey22
04-12-2008, 11:08 AM
whoops im a lil blazed right now i thought that said the orst console.
My first was atari (galaga).
don't worry about it. although you may want to just edit your 1st post instead of double posting since that's against the rules. but i won't give ya any bad rep because i made the same mistake before but i can't speak for everyone else.

Anna-san
04-12-2008, 01:21 PM
SNES as well! :D Super Mario's the first and Street Fighter came next. I remember damaging the device because I tried too hard to make the moves work :p

cyborgmonkey22
04-12-2008, 01:39 PM
SNES as well! :D Super Mario's the first and Street Fighter came next. I remember damaging the device because I tried too hard to make the moves work :p yeah that's happened to me as well. lol my brother used to pwn my butt at street fighter but i got in a few wins myself after learning to use some of the characters. i remember that blanka was pretty fun to play as since he produces electricity from his body and if you manage to latch on to someone with him you can shock them. also using guile's sonic boom attack was pretty helpful. but i always had trouble doing it and i only ever was able to the hadoken attack by accident. but i had even more of a hard time trying to figure out how to find the right button combos to do a fatality in mortal kombat. lol also mortal kombat was one of the 1st m rated games i ever played. the others were duke nukem 3d, doom, doom II, and mortal kombat II. but i played them all at about the same time at about the age of 5 or 6 so it's hard to remember which one i played 1st.

The Assassin
04-12-2008, 02:07 PM
Atari!!!

The Assassin
04-12-2008, 02:10 PM
I swear man, those were the good old days..haha. Games were like, more fun back then for some reason. They were fun to play with friends and family. Now a days it's all in the Graphics and the gameplay isn't all that fun. It's okay I guess.

Crippe
04-12-2008, 03:39 PM
For me it was the good old NES ^^ When I was a child I would watch when my mom played super mario and zelda etc, then when I got a little older I started to play...and after that I was hooked on video games xD

those were good times ^^

gangman5
04-12-2008, 04:15 PM
micky mouse adventures on the PS1
hard as hell and no save points!
i still remember the games like rollcage and metal gear solid 1. im not old enough to remember the NES, just the N64 and PS1

cyborgmonkey22
04-12-2008, 04:19 PM
micky mouse adventures on the PS1
hard as hell and no save points!
i still remember the games like rollcage and metal gear solid 1. im not old enough to remember the NES, just the N64 and PS1
normally i wouldn't be able to remember the nes but we kept ours for a long time but most of what i played was the snes until we got our ps1 and n64 and i actually still own my old nes but alas my snes has been missing for years T.T

Hideki Motosuwa.
04-13-2008, 03:30 PM
My first one was the Playstation 1, and that was sooo many years ago, and sadly, it was borrowed, I never had a game console of my own, and I don't know much about them, or anything. o.o

Mow_Uchiha2008
04-13-2008, 07:25 PM
SNES. my first game of this console was Super Mario World, but the game that I liked (and hooked) was Super Metroid. I've been played this game several times not because of graphics or excellent soundtrack, and yes, by exploration of all stages like Crateria, Brinstar, Norfair and other areas in search of items to increase Samus' powers and discover new places with an X-Ray Scope and find hidden items that nor I known that be there. It's very enjoyment to play this game...

cyborgmonkey22
04-13-2008, 07:56 PM
SNES. my first game of this console was Super Mario World, but the game that I liked (and hooked) was Super Metroid. I've been played this game several times not because of graphics or excellent soundtrack, and yes, by exploration of all stages like Crateria, Brinstar, Norfair and other areas in search of items to increase Samus' powers and discover new places with an X-Ray Scope and find hidden items that nor I known that be there. It's very enjoyment to play this game... that game was da bomb! i used to play it all the time! i remember the 1st time i defeated the mother brain and had to get off the planet in time, which i did, and you got to see the planet explode! those were da days!

Legend Saber
04-14-2008, 03:31 AM
NES. It was my brother's and I played one of his games as a toddler, probably around 1990-91.

cyborgmonkey22
04-14-2008, 08:47 AM
NES. It was my brother's and I played one of his games as a toddler, probably around 1990-91. i wasn't born until 1990 and up until i was 4 i hated video games but then 1 day when i was 5 i finally let my older bro show me them and i have yet to regret that decision.

Inactive Account 0061
04-14-2008, 11:46 AM
Can't remember if it were the REALLY old Nintendo or Sega concole :S

http://www.playerschoicevideogames.com/misc_images/nintendo.jpg or
http://www.emulationgalaxy.co.yu/images/systems/MD2_sega_megadrive2.jpg

//EDIT// i think it was the Old Nintendo ^^. Cause i remember i played Zelda all the time xD

Amray
04-14-2008, 01:33 PM
I believe mine was a SEGA Megadrive.

Anna-san
04-15-2008, 09:42 AM
yeah that's happened to me as well. lol my brother used to pwn my butt at street fighter but i got in a few wins myself after learning to use some of the characters. i remember that blanka was pretty fun to play as since he produces electricity from his body and if you manage to latch on to someone with him you can shock them. also using guile's sonic boom attack was pretty helpful. but i always had trouble doing it and i only ever was able to the hadoken attack by accident. but i had even more of a hard time trying to figure out how to find the right button combos to do a fatality in mortal kombat. lol also mortal kombat was one of the 1st m rated games i ever played. the others were duke nukem 3d, doom, doom II, and mortal kombat II. but i played them all at about the same time at about the age of 5 or 6 so it's hard to remember which one i played 1st.

Most of the special moves I did were by accident too:p I do better with Sakura and Chun-li. Chun-li's Helicopter Kick was my favourite 'cause I knew the combo:D

cyborgmonkey22
04-15-2008, 10:00 AM
Most of the special moves I did were by accident too:p I do better with Sakura and Chun-li. Chun-li's Helicopter Kick was my favourite 'cause I knew the combo:D i remember that attack. yeah i liked using that attack because it did a lot of damage and...well...it's chun li we're talking about :P lol also i liked e.honda's attack that was similar to chun li's helicopter kick but he used his hands instead. at least i think he had an attack like that. i don't know though because it's been years since i've played it.

yoko.......
04-15-2008, 10:17 AM
old school Nintendo, lol i played old school zelda A LOT =3

cyborgmonkey22
04-15-2008, 01:11 PM
old school Nintendo, lol i played old school zelda A LOT =3
i love the legend of zelda! i've played pretty much every game in the series except the second one.

AceNoctali
04-16-2008, 06:17 AM
My first console ? It was a Sega Megadrive 2. And even though I own several other consoles, it's still nowadays my favourite one. :love:

My Megadrive was packed with Aladdin, so that game was the first console game I played and owned.

EnneadNokonx
04-16-2008, 07:28 AM
Nintendo Entertainment System

Anna-san
04-18-2008, 05:58 AM
i remember that attack. yeah i liked using that attack because it did a lot of damage and...well...it's chun li we're talking about :P lol also i liked e.honda's attack that was similar to chun li's helicopter kick but he used his hands instead. at least i think he had an attack like that. i don't know though because it's been years since i've played it.

ah... the big sumo guy.. I can't remember what his skills are either lol

Jessica Mars
04-18-2008, 09:04 AM
hmm...my first system was the Nintendo 64, quite awhile ago. XD

Hungry man
04-18-2008, 09:53 AM
Super Nintendo and I played Mario Kart

Thasickis
04-18-2008, 10:05 AM
Um...first game I remember owning was Rayman for ps1 and V-Rally.

ThE_LoST_ShaDoW
04-18-2008, 10:14 AM
My first system I ever played was a sega genesis and the game I first played I believe was a hockey game which was so fun lol

cyborgmonkey22
04-18-2008, 10:23 AM
hmm...my first system was the Nintendo 64, quite awhile ago. XD
nintendo 64? and you're 21? wow! my 1st console was the nes and i'm only 17 about to turn 18. but i digress. one of my favorite n64 games was the legend of the mystic ninja: goemon, i had soooo much fun with that. i loved how the game was set in japan with feudal era like buildings but giant mechas as well. sure you didn't get the mecha until part way through the game and it didn't have that much significance to the actual plot, but it was a fun game. but alas, it required that stupid n64 memory card that you had to put in the controller which i did not have so i would always have to start a new game every time i played it :banghead:

Mayonnaise-Senpai
04-19-2008, 09:53 AM
The first playstation was my first video game console.

aishiteru333
04-19-2008, 10:27 AM
First game console, it would have to be Super Nintendo. I'm old!

cyborgmonkey22
04-19-2008, 10:34 AM
First game console, it would have to be Super Nintendo. I'm old! no, you're not. i'm the same age as you. lol mine as i've said was the nes. although it could've been the snes because i played them about the same time and we owned both at the time but i'm pretty sure that the 1st one i picked up the controller and played was the nes.

aishiteru333
04-19-2008, 10:36 AM
no, you're not. i'm the same age as you. lol mine as i've said was the nes. although it could've been the snes because i played them about the same time and we owned both at the time but i'm pretty sure that the 1st one i picked up the controller and played was the nes.
Well, thanks that makes me feel a whole lot better. Would a game boy count for a console of just the ones that need an electric outlet?

cyborgmonkey22
04-19-2008, 10:42 AM
Well, thanks that makes me feel a whole lot better. Would a game boy count for a console of just the ones that need an electric outlet?
oh, yeah! how could i forget those? yeah they count. i should go edit my 1st post to include those. thanks for helping me remember those. and to think i've played my nintendo ds several times since i made this thread lol

zorarock
04-20-2008, 11:05 PM
SNES Before then I didn't even know what a video game was...good ol killer Instict was the door way into the void *sigh* MAN I WISH I COULD RELIVE THOSE DAYS!!!

Funkgun
04-20-2008, 11:34 PM
You want to talk old, I had Pong. :( It was a hand me down and the two spin paddels were worn out. But, my first system that had cartrages was Atari 2600. I had Pitfall/Pacman/and the tank one, I forget it's name.

One of the joysticks snapped, and we had a glued in pencil for a stick. I finally killed it off by leaving it in the back of my moms car in the Arizona heat. It fried it's little 4 bit brain.

Come to think of it, I was hard on any of my consoles.

NES killed by Coke.
First Generation Gameboy killed by leaving it in the driveway.
Playstation 1 killed by trying to change out the chip so I could play games from Japan.

zorarock
04-20-2008, 11:49 PM
the worst thing I did was freeze my gamecube's reset button in place or jerk it to the floor

cyborgmonkey22
04-21-2008, 09:01 AM
SNES Before then I didn't even know what a video game was...good ol killer Instict was the door way into the void *sigh* MAN I WISH I COULD RELIVE THOSE DAYS!!!
amen to that. i miss those days T.T

Shido
04-27-2008, 02:12 AM
First System I remember playing was Nes but my family had owned both snes and Nes at the time so could be mistaken . NOW the SNES was the first console I OWNED which made a huge diffrence in my gaming life . gaming such wonderfull games such as megamn X , Zelda a link to the past ,Super mario world , MARIO KART , Sf2 turbo , killer instinct , Donkey kong , castlevania etc etc . Was the last time I was in the nintendo fanclub XD . sony took control with ps1 and the release of the greatest game of all time (ff7 )

Corrupted Communist
04-27-2008, 08:29 PM
nes with the classic Mario(not with the iron girders, barrel jumping, donkey kong). my family has owned every Nintendo console except for the snes and virtual boy.