PDA

View Full Version : Paprika

Merodi
03-23-2008, 01:05 PM
Has anyone seen this movie yet? What were your thoughts on it? Who's your favorite character? Do you think At-Chan and that one big dude should have been together? >w<

I loved that movie. My all time favorite character was Paprika!!~ <3
At-Chan and the one dude... was an okie couple. o.o;;

shadow slayer x
03-23-2008, 04:26 PM
I just saw the tralier and...it seems more confusing than FLCL (Fooly Cooly).
Of course though...this move looks interesting and I'm going to buy or rent it to watch it.

Merodi
03-23-2008, 06:55 PM
You should! It's a good movie. I own it now. XD

Dogmat
03-27-2008, 01:07 AM
I rented it a while back. I agree, good film. Might need to check it out again sometime.

BeuWolve
03-27-2008, 01:49 AM
No didn't even heard of it yet in South Africa I google it anyway
the only paprika I know is spices

Digital Dragon
04-11-2008, 02:17 PM
The movie is very surreal because it is done in two realities, that of the normal girl and that of her in the dreamscape which is apparently shared by everyone in the movie. It is a movie about extremes and perceptions. I think they did a very good job on it, but it can be quite trippy and there is a lot to follow.

araym219
05-06-2008, 01:21 PM
Merodi you almost gave me a heart attack, i was randomly looking through the forum and there it is, the magic word, like a sublime whisper in my ear, it says "Paprika", i shuddered and after i returned to life, i noticed my sister leaning over my shoulder...some divine intervention.
well, about the movie, yeah i saw it, i saw it again, and i saw that they had it at a store near me and since it was the 2-dvd edition i just couldn't resist, so i bought it. i went home and played it, has anyone ever noticed how uncomfortable watching dvds on ps2 is without a remote, and after that i watched the extras, and found a very interesting movie about it's making, and if i may quote Satoshi Kon, "Paprika is not a movie that is supposed to be thought, it's a movie that you should see and dream", that thing stuck with me so the next day, which happened to be Easter i saw it again.
I just have to say that the more i see it the more i like it, i mean the combination of colorful images and the passing between life and reality, paprika and at-chan was just too much for me and i fell deeply in love, the only thing that i didn't mention is the soundtrack, i find that mr Hirasawa outdone even himself with the music for this great anime movie, the music fugires a strong blend of techno music which divinely mixes with some orchestra to create wondrous sounds.
I don't really think i, or anyone else, can express Paprika in any words if you want to know about it, just rip one and a half hour from your time and go watch it, i guarantee it will not be the worst spent 90 mins of your life, and if they are, talk to me about refunding them in the afterlife:laugh:

Barako_no_Shi
05-14-2008, 07:15 AM
Yup, I'm a fan of the director. ^^ I was wanting to watch something of his so I was in HMV and came across the DVD. So I bought it, seeing I had money for it, and watched it the next day when my mom was out. It said it was restricted. XD We never told my mom or she might have taken it away. So I was only halfway through to where a really creepy part happens and was following very well, when my friend called and scared the crap outta me. I went over to her house to watch the whole film, and sometimes we'd pause it and piece together everything so I wouldn't get lost. ^^;

Ah, but it was ever a good movie. I watched Tokyo Godfathers at a convention with my mom and she liked it and never complained them playing it in Japanese. (actually, the first thing those things go to is Japanese. o.o The lady's player wouldn't work so I told her mine does that and to use the other program.) Although she wouldn't let me buy it. ;_; Probably because we both liked Hana-chan but knew that people would think that wrong.

But I really liked Paprika. ^^

~ Darling Dream ~
06-18-2008, 07:22 PM
I saw a review about in some magazine, and it looks really interesting! I might check it out one day! .... When I can afford it.