PDA

View Full Version : Anyone into hardcore or metalcore, or any other core?

Relentless
03-20-2008, 02:59 AM
I was just wondering if there any other hardcore/metalcore fans here, plz no black metal (no offense to fans, I just hate it lol).

As for me:
The Devil Wears Prada (not the movie lol, the band)
As I Lay Dying
Poison The Well (old stuff)
Darkest Hour
Dead To Fall
Horse The Band (nintendocore lol, hardcore with 8bit synth)
Silverstein
Underoath
Scary Kids Scaring Kids (some people might contest they're not hardcore, but I just wanted to put them up)
Chiodos (hardcore, emo)
Escape The Fate
Bullet For My Valentine
Fall Of Enosis (local band)
Senses Fail

And thats all I can remember at the moment, and if you call me emo I will rip you effing throat out, lol jk.

Ryth
03-20-2008, 01:50 PM
Out of the bands you named, HORSE The Band and Poison The Well are decent. Everyone else sucks though.

Metalcore does very little for me, it's filled with too much generic crap (like all the metalcore bands you named, though most of them are just post-hardcore). Between The Buried And Me is a great band though, Alaska and Colors are magical. Dillinger Escape Plan also has some good stuff (MATHCORE), especially their EP with Mike Patton.
I think Protest The Hero and The Fall Of Troy have great amounts of potential but aren't using it. Protest The Hero is just young and The Fall Of Troy just simply sold out.

I simply don't know why I can't get into Converge though... =/

Judging from your list, when you say "hardcore" I'm assuming you mean post-hardcore. I love this genre, even if the mainstream has ultimately sent it down the pooper.

Black Metal > Post-Hardcore > Metalcore btw.

Relentless
03-20-2008, 08:25 PM
Yea I don't know the differences between a lot of these genres or how to identify them, I just know what I like, if it sounds good I listen to it. My friends listen to a lot of the ones you mentioned like Between The Buried And Me, Fall Of Troy, Protest The Hero, and Dilinger Escape Plan, I haven't listened to them much so I don't know if I like it or not. Im kind of saddened to find out that black metal started post hardcore and metalcore lol, oh well.

Gandizzl
03-20-2008, 09:29 PM
No, what Ryth meant was that black metal is better than post-hardcore, and that post-hardcore again is better than metalcore.
You should have learned this < thing in maths many years ago xD

Not really big on any of these genres.
Post-hardcore wise I like At The Drive-In.
And... Godspeed You! Black Emperor if that can be counted (more like... avant-garde, prog-rock?).
Mathcore... I think I've only heard Dillinger there, mainly the stuff with Patton because it is Mike Patton!

Between The Buried And Me did very little for me, but I've only heard their cover album.
I guess I should check out Fall Of Troy since so many praises this band through the sky.

Metalcore... I guess I still listen to Killswitch Engage at some level.

Gravemaker
03-21-2008, 11:52 AM
I don't listen to much metalcore anymore but I have to admit the new Protest the Hero album is surprisingly technical. I'll be curious to see what they do in the future. Personally I was always a big fan of Shai Hulud but that was mostly do to the lyrical content.

Ryth
03-21-2008, 01:01 PM
ATDI is ace but there are better in the post-hardcore field in my opinion.

I don't know how GY!BE could have been brought into this thread they have no characteristics that would make them post-hardcore or metalcore. They're post-rock with lots of progressive and ambient touches.

You really should check out BTBAM's other work, Gandizzl. The Anatomy Of was terrible.

daft
03-21-2008, 01:48 PM
Good to see people here have good taste in music, At The Drive-In is simply timeless. As for hardcore/metalcore stuff, Ekkaia, Fall Of Efrafa, Envy, Orchid, Shikari, all good stuff.

Ryth
03-21-2008, 04:12 PM
Haha all the bands you named are either screamo (which can be really close, but not akways) or crust punk. xD

Final-Oblivion
03-21-2008, 06:30 PM
Bullet For My Valentine And Slipknot!

Krista Logan
03-21-2008, 06:35 PM
I like Slipknot! XD

Ryth
03-21-2008, 08:43 PM
Slipknot = nu-metal. Not hardcore or any sort. They aren't good either, while we're on it.

Tsuna Kadiri
03-30-2008, 12:33 PM
I'm not really into the genres. I like the Dillinger Escape Plan's Unretrofied track though (found it off WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw xD).

The Devil Wears Prada is a total joke of a band, btw.

Baka
03-31-2008, 02:44 PM
I like:
Aiden
Chiodos
Drop Dead Gorgeous
A Thorn For Every heart
Silverstein
Escape The Fate
Saosin
Scary Kids Scaring Kids
Bullet For My Valentine
Senses Fail

gaburieru
04-02-2008, 08:01 AM
Well Bullet for my Valentine is nice.

daft
04-03-2008, 11:20 PM
Haha all the bands you named are either screamo (which can be really close, but not akways) or crust punk. xD
Oops, really? I just figured cause they sounded so "hardcore", they would be labeled as so. ^ ^' Sorry about that. Whatever it is, screamo, crust punk, ect. I like it alot! I can't say I put too much emphasis on the categories of music. Though I probably should, so to prevent confusion. For me, good music is just good music, and should be accepted for what it is and not what it falls under. But that's me.

Horofan
04-04-2008, 11:20 AM
ATDI is ace but there are better in the post-hardcore field in my opinion.

I don't know how GY!BE could have been brought into this thread they have no characteristics that wiould make them post-hardcore or metalcore. They're post-rock with lots of progressive and ambient touches.

You really should check out BTBAM's other work, Gandizzl. The Anatomy Of was terrible.

Hiyas! First post on an anime site is for music..... DOH >.<

anyway, yeah BTBAM is freaking awesomely better on alaska and colors, their best and latest non-cover albums imho.

I dunno what you were looking for, but August burns Red and Demon hunter struck me well too. The genre classifications always escape, but as a musician, I stick to finding solid talent above anything else.

gaiaonline_sucks
05-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Haha all the bands you named are either screamo (which can be really close, but not akways) or crust punk. xDyes and thats a good thing. It's better than listeing to emo bullshit like 30 secs to mars or my quimical romance:mad:

Migoto
05-08-2008, 01:12 PM
I like death metal, black metal, and just straight metal... some bands include Cannibal Corpse, Dimmu Borgir, and Lamb of God.

Jimbow
05-08-2008, 02:11 PM
well, you also said or another core so that's why I'm here

RAPCORE!!!
That's what I like :D

InsultToInjury
05-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Hate to say it a lot of the bands mentioned in this dont fall under the term of "hardcore" I myself am I hardcore fan some bands I like are:

Comeback Kid
Casey Jones
Wisdom In Chains
Sick of it All
Suicidal Tendensies
Parkway Drive
Bane
Stick To Your Guns
Madball

Ultimate Seed
05-08-2008, 04:30 PM
Im really into my christian metal core....

Still Remains
Killswitch Engage
All That Remains
As I Lay Dying
August Burns Red
Demon Hunter
Haste The Day

Those are just some of the bands i think are awsome

Ryth
05-08-2008, 04:41 PM
yes and thats a good thing. It's better than listeing to emo bullshit like 30 secs to mars or my quimical romance:mad:

Emo really can be a legitimate genre, you just have to turn off the TV. It makes sense to hate emo if the first band to pop into your mind is MCR.

InsultToInjury
05-08-2008, 04:47 PM
August Burns Red are amazing live. My boyfriends old band played with them last month with Misery Signals. Good gig.

Ugly_Ted
05-10-2008, 10:25 AM
I hate any kind of "core" this, "post" that or "indie" this... it's all garbage.