PDA

View Full Version : Angels & Airwaves

Masali
03-16-2008, 08:41 PM
"...I- empire is the second half of our first album. It reflects an idea that the world is yours for the taking, and all that exists, exists inside you. It can be something as trivial as a personal struggle, or as grand as the inescapable idea of world peace.

Please take a short 55 minutes to enjoy the album. Listen to it blasting from your car, maybe on a hill over-looking a city...and all the while, pretend that the city, as it stretches far beyond the horizon, is all yours for the taking."

Angels & Airwaves are a Pop/Rock band who's lyrics and music are all intended to uplift and inspire it's listening populous. It sings about love, triumph, success, and life.

Essentially, it's bangin' music.

Angels & Airwaves were born from the ashes of Blink 182/Boxcar Racer, 30 Seconds to Mars, and The Offspring.

Current members:

Tom Delonge (Blink 182, Boxcar Racer): Vocals
Atom Willard (The Offspring, Rocket From The Crypt): Drums
David Kennedy (Over My Dead Body, Hazen Street, Boxcar Racer): Guitar
Matt Wachter (30 Seconds to Mars): Bass

Former Members: Ryan Sinn (The Distillers): Bass.

Albums: We Don't Need to Whisper (2006), I-Empire (2007)

Singles: "The Adventure", "The War", "Do it For Me Now", "Secret Crowds", "Everything's Magic"

How Long They've Been Playing?: 2 or so Years.

Personally, I love Angels & Airwaves. I love the lyrics and the feel of it. Call it musically shallow, but sometimes I'm allowed to enjoy that kind of music! It's like junk food! Even though you know you shouldn't, you do, at great length. I recommend AVA to everyone who's ever liked to feel good after hearing a song.

Also, if I am at AX this year, I will be finding the nearest hill overlooking San Diego or Los Angeles or wherever it is and I will be blasting I-Empire from my car, with a single tear rolling down my eye. You're all welcome to join me.

Daenerys
03-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Honestly, how can you listen to this band? They're just like Blink 182 and Boxcar Racer, and they have this incredible ability to crap all over one of the founding guitarists.

If I wanted to listen to Blink, I'd listen to Blink, not the new emo-er and more over produced crap that is Angels and Airwaves.

Masali
03-16-2008, 10:24 PM
Er...Right on?

I dunno, I dig it. I never got into Blink because of their irreverent approach to music and they kind of grew up a bit with AVA. Thus why I dig them.

Ryth
03-17-2008, 02:20 PM
I don't know how you can find this music to be anything other than painfully dull.